• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

What the hell...lol.

Three 5-stars at once is a one in 500 pull. He's already hit his peak! The rest of his FE Heroes career will be filled with the bitter disappoint of never living up to that role, while the rest of us are free to dream big! :p

I have been levelling a lot of my 3-4 star guys. Some of the 4 star units are solid.

elty

Anyone seen this from reddit? Seems plausible,
My guess is that they don't first randomly generate colours and then heroes from those categories, but that they directly generate the heroes, and just show you the colours. This way is simpler and the other way they couldn't really say you get a 3% chance for Focus heroes, since it's possible that you can't get them at all depending on the colours you get.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, that's probably how they generate it, but that also means we can use some conditional probability to find the probability of a 5* when we know the color. When you initially roll, the game has a 6% chance of generating a 5* per roll, but since we find out what color a roll is before we pick it, we can find the probability of a 5* of that color relative to the rest of its color.
To make the following example easier to read:
# number of variable
c = color
f = focus
Chance of getting a 5* from c =(#cf5 / #f5 * .03 + #c5 / #5 * .03) / (#cf5 / #f5 * .03 + #c5 / #5 * .03 + #c4 / #4 * .36 + #c3 / #3 * .58)
It's hard to write, but the numerator is the sum of the probabilities of 5* heroes of that color, while the denominator is the sum of the probabilities of all the heroes of that color.
So, for example, if we're doing red on Legendary Heroes, there are 3 red Focus 5*s out of 4 total, 14 red 5*s out of 38 (they forgot Robin), 24 red 4*s out of 75 4*s, and 15 red 3*s out of 49 3*s.
If we plug that all in, we get:
(3/4 * .03 + 14/38 * .03) / (3/4 * .03 + 14/38 * .03 + 24/75 * .36 + 15/49 * .58) = .103
So if you pick a red pull, you have a 10.3% chance of it being a 5*, if I've got my numbers right.
So in total, the chance of drawing a 5* unit from a color x is (for Legendary Heroes):
10.3% for red
6.0% for blue
3.4% for green
2.3% for grey
Note that green and grey are close to the 3% probability for 5*s without rate-up, but they aren't exactly 3%, because there's variability in the number of 3/4/5*s for each color.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...f_you_are_aiming_for_5_heroes_its_not_always/

centracore

Was planning on saving the rest of my orbs for the next content drop but I couldn't help myself and did a Deep Devotion summon..

lCwQQDn.jpg

How do I get the material to promote units from 4 to five stars? I've got like 10 of 2000 feathers and only one of the crystal things.

Mugaaz

I need something to kill lance knights, 4* Robin is not doing enough >=(

Only thing I've found effective are armor reducing skills and attacking their resist. Not many characters can do either. Very possible to have a team that has absolutely no way to deal with them.

mstevens

Only thing I've found effective are armor reducing skills and attacking their resist. Not many characters can do either. Very possible to have a team that has absolutely no way to deal with them.

I'm with you. If we could either bring 5 party members and if we could see not only what colors the enemies are, but also more specifics (flying, armored, etc), I would be wasting a lot less stamina. You can only counter so much with 4 units.

So what do you guys suggest to do at the beginning of the game after the prologue? Spend these young orbs that I got?

Get the 2 free ones so that you have 17. Pull 4 units. If you don't get a 5* I would highly recommend deleting the app and doing the prologue again (should only take a couple minutes) and repeat the process until you have one good 5* unit. You'll regret not doing it if you get far into the game and have bad luck with pulls. This is the only time you can pull over and over until you're happy without spending money.

Ossom

Just pulled 5 x 3*. Worst pull yet.

I'm sure someone else has already shared this, but I just noticed that if there is a character on your home screen with hearts around them you will get 5 feathers if tap them.

Gotchaye

This seems like a bizarre choice, and is a pretty misleading system, but, yeah, this is a neat explanation for why they can abide by whatever disclosure requirements there are by just saying that there's a 3% chance of a 5* focus without saying what's going on with the other colors, and why your rates don't improve until after the current set of stones.

If this is right then it's just a terrible idea to choose a non-focus color, and you're actually giving up a lot by not going straight for the most common focus color.

That said if it really is the case that 10% of Legendary Heroes red summons are 5*, that should show up pretty clearly in a not-too-large sample.

jwhit28

How many free orbs can you get from the February quest? I guess when you finish the story mode that will be the primary source since this game doesn't have a consecutive login bonus.

wrowa

Yeah, I'm actually about to stop playing because of that. I've got no decent characters that are prepared to take on later armored units (my 5 star units Lyn and Lucina aren't even doing any damage at all) and the couple of units I have that could maaaaaybe make a difference would take an eternity to level up.

Leonsito

Enjoying the game so far, but I have two questions:

When you summon, sometimes the character has an exclamation mark on it, what's that?

I have a character that doesn't level up anymore, just stays at 16+, what should I do with it?

Ossom

When you summon, sometimes the character has an exclamation mark on it, what's that?

I have a character that doesn't level up anymore, just stays at 16+, what should I do with it?
Exclamation means it is a character that you don't yet own.

What character is it and can you confirm they are at level 16?

Juni_

The exclamation mark means it's a new hero that you haven't summoned before

When a unit stops gaining exp it means that it needs stronger level oppenents to grow exp

Complistic

You stop earning xp if you're overleveled. So you could switch in another character or keep playing and they'll start (slowly) gaining xp.

Danj

Was planning on saving the rest of my orbs for the next content drop but I couldn't help myself and did a Deep Devotion summon..

I don't think the focus thing you have showing on the summon screen affects what you summon... does it? I'm sure I've had non-Devotion heroes turn up when I had Devotion showing for example. I think it's just there for information to let you know what specials are on this week/season/whatever?

Okamid3n

I feel like I'm the odd one out thinking that 20,000 feathers is not too much. I'm going to get 3000 feathers from the Arena, it seems like. If I get this many feathers every week, it'll only take 6~7 weeks to upgrade one four stars of my choosing to five stars. That's pretty acceptable, to me. It's a bonus five stars of my own choosing.

I don't think the focus thing you have showing on the summon screen affects what you summon... does it? I'm sure I've had non-Devotion heroes turn up when I had Devotion showing for example. I think it's just there for information to let you know what specials are on this week/season/whatever?
Hm? Each of the two Summon types (DD+ LH) have different focused heroes, that's the only difference between the two. LH is Marth, Lucina, Tiki and Robin. DD is Lyn, Camilla, Roy and Takumi. The focus means you have a higher chance of getting them, so you just pick whichever list has the focused heroes you want a better chance of getting. You could end up getting a Marth of Lucina if you chose DD anyways though, sure.

megalowho

I've been liking this a bunch - more than all other Nintendo mobile efforts by a wide margin - but just went to unlock potential for a four-star lv. 20 Robin and saw the materials required. Uhh.. unless I'm missing something, that's a hell of a grind. Not really an issue now but disappointing to see.

lt519

Roy's my boy!!! 11th pull (after 9 3-star and 1 4-star) after complaining about RNG got me 5+ Roy. Robin and Roy are going to make a solid base team.

That attack at level 20, oomph. Ah it may not be a 5+ though, how can you tell? Their weapon is a +?

Edit: it did play the animation.

Shinypogs

Nearly 80 orbs saved up, so hard not top pull again when I see all these people getting cool pulls of characters I'd like to have be they 5 star or not.

My team is currently:

They do pretty damn well for themselves most of the time minus getting outclassed in Arena a lot. I'm thankful whenever I see Camilla leading a team because I know Merric can take them out right away and from there it's just of matter of who has more firepower on their team.

Had to bench my 4* Lonqu because he got heavily strength screwed and just can't contribute at the level he can still earn experience in. On one hand I'd like to send him home for feathers. On the other I wanna keep him in case i get another 4-star version of him that levels up better and I can merge them.

Also ty to whomever told me to put a weak looking unit as the leader of my defense team. I'm finally getting defense points in the arena ^-^ you just earned me like 400 feathers and are my hero.

Danj

Hm? Each of the two Summon types (DD+ LH) have different focused heroes, that's the only difference between the two. LH is Marth, Lucina, Tiki and Robin. DD is Lyn, Camilla, Roy and Takumi. The focus means you have a higher chance of getting them, so you just pick whichever list has the focused heroes you want a better chance of getting. You could end up getting a Marth of Lucina if you chose DD anyways though, sure.

Oh, so it actually does make a difference? Okay, I'll bear that in mind.

PS I got a 5 star Tharja :3

Mugaaz

I really don't agree with saving orbs until you get either 4x 5* chars, or 1x very good 4* char for each color. While all gacha games are based on power creep, there just isn't the design space in this game for them to push power creep very far. The differences in upcoming banners will be minimal, and the power difference of 5* vs 4* or not having a char of each color is immense. If your team can't deal with a heavy knight of each color, has no ranged damage options, and no healer, then keep using your orbs.

mstevens

I really don't agree with saving orbs until you get either 4x 5* chars, or 1x very good 4* char for each color. While all gacha games are based on power creep, there just isn't the design space in this game for them to push power creep very far. The differences in upcoming banners will be minimal, and the power difference of 5* vs 4* or not having a char of each color is immense. If your team can't deal with a heavy knight of each color, has no ranged damage options, and no healer, then keep using your orbs.

What makes you think this game is unique in how they'll be able to push power creep?

Finally Settling down with an account after many rerolls. 5* Takumi, Camilla and Chrom. 4* Cecilia for now but since no blue is on a focus banner I'm gonna refrain to pull. I think I have enough to upgrade my castle and start hoarding.

Add me: 732 123 2332
p65FyvG.png

Dreavus

Completed story mode on normal!

9-4 was very tough and I needed to back out and level up Marth a bit more so he could survive the two ranged hits from either side. My strategy was to go in first with Marth and kill the armored knight in the center in one turn, draw him back with Sully, then pull everyone out and make the remaining 4 enemies come to me (they will blitz you after you engage the first enemy in combat). Once they started trying to charge down the corridor it was pretty easy to take them out, especially since the healers tried to attack first, lol.

I've been liking this a bunch - more than all other Nintendo mobile efforts by a wide margin - but just went to unlock potential for a four-star lv. 20 Robin and saw the materials required. Uhh.. unless I'm missing something, that's a hell of a grind. Not really an issue now but disappointing to see.

Yup, I'm really hoping they consider revisiting that. That's a huge amount of feathers. If arena resets every week, then it will take months of doing reasonably well to get one character up to 5 star, and it discourages me from ever trying to use anything lower than 4 star - since all it does is use up precious feathers.

I totally get that they don't want people powering up every character to 5 star right away but feathers are heavily time gated. You can't even really get around it with orbs if you wanted to (and those are better saved for more summons anyways). Hopefully there will be some events in the future to bolster our feather counts.

Mugaaz

What makes you think this game is unique in how they'll be able to push power creep?

How MT works vs ARM/RST at the current baseline values doesn't give them that much room to push numbers. If they release a character with 10 higher arm +10 str they are going to be taking zero damage and one shotting everything,

IMO, I think it is likely instead of pure power creep they are going to push needing specialized teams for everything.

Also, one more tip on orb pulls, especially if you are F2P. If you have 2x good 5* of a certain color then don't summon on those orbs no matter what. You have limited resoruces, and a 3rd 5* of the same color provides very little additional value. The only exception is Takumi which doesn't get worse in multiple unless your opponent is specifically trying to counter an all Takumi team.

Dragner

No matter how good are my units or how bad is the AI. I cant win if the opposite team has takumi even having Robin. I cant one shot him and he counter kills my robin and then one shots someone else. Even if I kill him later the damage is done. My heroes are all super squishy and all die super easy. Arena is not for me.

My team is Lyn,Leo,Robin,Marth all 5*

lt519

Wait woah, if you just go to My Nintendo you get 1000 platinum FE coins for just beaating the story (100 per chapter) and 100 coins gets you a stamina potion (also get 10 orbs for just signing in). Did not know it was that many items.

goldenpp72

I just unlocked the lunatic quest for February, but one of them is to beat level 35s with a cavalry type ally. What falls under that type so I can try to get one and raise them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom