• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the Tower schedule. Its also in in-game help.

KaYYkLk.png

n21nwRk.png
It's really strange that Monday has no type of level/rank up items associated with it. Maybe there's another color type they're planning to launch in the near future?

evanmisha

Finally got my Tiki and Hector to level 40 through arena battles and even got a great score of 4,077! Can't wait to see the rank update soon and find out where I stand. Btw the thing that happens when a unit hits 40 ♡ I was not expecting it and I won't spoil it but know that it hit me in the feels. I was not prepared

kswiston

Finished my last arena run on advanced. My final score for this round is 3663. I'm hoping that keeps me in the top 10k.

I'm curious to see how arena tiers will work out. With 2M+ people playing this game, theres no way they can cap ranking rewards to like 5% of their userbase.

Do we do account trades here or does anyone know a good place to trade accounts?

Asking because I have a throwaway account with 5 star Robin and Takumi from 40 orbs.

Is it worth keeping/trading or is it useless? Kinda want to swap for Linde and/or Sakura if possible.

Azusa

It's really strange that Monday has no type of level/rank up items associated with it. Maybe there's another color type they're planning to launch in the near future?

Don't expect new color type at all. FE has only 3 weapon/color types + neutral. No more.

Tidd

Did another pull because I really wanted Takumi or a great green character (like Camilla). Got 1 colorless, 1 green and 3 red fields. Pulled on the first two, got two shitty 3* and then wanted to stop because I already have a lot of great red characters... Nontheless I pulled one more time and got this:

This is what I have now

I really love Effie she's tanky and deals sooo much damage.
Time to save my orbs for real.

Jofamo

Hmm, I completed the third mission and got 20 orbs which means I can summon four heroes?

5 Heroes;

1st 5 Orbs
2nd 4 Orbs
3rd 4 Orbs
4th 4 Orbs
5th 3 Orbs

= 20 Orbs

EDIT: You need to Summon all five in one sitting to get the discounted Orb rates.

Pachimari

5 Heroes;

1st 5 Orbs
2nd 4 Orbs
3rd 4 Orbs
4th 4 Orbs
5th 3 Orbs

= 20 Orbs
Ooh I see. Well here's to my first summons! And if I don't get a 5* base I'll reroll.

1st = Marth 4*
2nd = Fir 3*
3rd = Gwendolyne 3*
4th = Gaius 4*
5th = Matthew 4*

Meh, time for a reroll.

Nakho

Just got a 5* Leo in my first roll after reroll hell. So damn lucky...

What do you guys recommend as his skill path?

Weapon-Skills
Flux
Damage: 4 Range: 2
Weapon-Skills
Ruin
Damage: 6 Range: 2 SP Cost: 100
5 ★Weapon-Skills
Fenrir
Damage: 9 Range: 2
Weapon-Skills
Brynhildr
If unit initiates attack, restricts foe's next-turn movement to 1 space or less.

Damage: 14 Range: 2
Special-Skills Special Skills

Rising Light
Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res).

Cooldown: 5 Turns

Blazing Light
Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to 1.5 x (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res).

Cooldown: 5 Turns SP Cost: 300
Passive Skills
Quick Riposte 1
Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 90%.
SP Cost: 60
Quick Riposte 2
Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 80%.
SP Cost: 120
Quick Riposte 3
Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 70%.
SP Cost: 240
Savage Blow 1
If unit initiates attack, foes within 2 spaces of target take 3 damage after combat.
SP Cost: 50
Savage Blow 2
If unit initiates attack, foes within 2 spaces of target take 5 damage after combat.
SP Cost: 100
Savage Blow 3
If unit initiates attack, foes within 2 spaces of target take 7 damage after combat.
SP Cost: 200

Pachimari

You can unlink Nintendo accounts easily and link them to others.

I've read you can still re-link the My Nintendo account (just go into the options and choose to delete all data), but I haven't tried it myself. That being said, you'll definitely only get the free ten orbs once, so those will be lost regardless. :(

I did the same. In price of 10 orbs (if you already claimed em) you can just wipe your data through Acc Management, same as I did. And while it would be cool to have these 10 orbs back I do not regret wiping data. Plus as for now, they are trying to drown us in free orbs. There won't be a better time to restart. At least I think so.
I did this. Wow, so I need to delete and reinstall the app every time I reroll? I'm on Android.

Dragner

I cant say enough this. Dont play with Roy, he is the worst 5*, seriously he is a dumb beater that doesnt offer more and his triangle skill actually hurts him more than anything. I have 2 of them and preffer a 4* Chrom over him any day.

Miracle

Started a new game cause I wasn't really feeling doing great with my first playthrough. Got my Camilla in my first pull but then decided to stop and grind till I got 20 orbs. Really wanted a Takumi and sure enough, with 2 grey orbs, I got him in one of them, and then in the blue orb, got a 5 star Azura. 0_0

Camilla - Tamuki - Azura - Alfonse. Now I just need a good red unit. Man if I manage to get a Lyn (the dream), Roy or Lucina, game will be a cakewalk.

A Ryoma technically would be the next best one to get but I would gladly settle for Lyn.

Whales

Banned
I cant say enough this. Dont play with Roy, he is the worst 5*, seriously he is a dumb beater that doesnt offer more and his triangle skill actually hurts him more than anything. I have 2 of them and preffer a 4* Chrom over him any day.

why is roy so bad?

I fought one in arena and he hit me like a truck lol

Sölf

Did one more pull. Not really good.

4* Est
4* Raigh
3* Matthew
3* Selena
3* Donnel

The worst thing is that I have all of them, the only "upgrade" was Raigh from 3* to 4*. Ugh. Takumi why are you forsaking me? D:

Also, not sure if I should send Est home, fuse her with my other or also level her to see how she turns out at max level. If I send her home I definitly have enough feathers tomorrow to upgrade one of my 3* to 4*.

Whizkid7

why is roy so bad?

I fought one in arena and he hit me like a truck lol

He's not bad, but his Triangle skill does force him to never try and take on a blue enemy as he'll almost assuredly die. But everything else he can tear through like paper. He also doesn't have an attack skill so he's limited in what boosts he can get.

All of my rolls since my second have sucked for the most part...Oh well, least I finally got a good axe user in Frederick.

Roy isn't as good and pretty common for a 5 star TBH. That said, I have him and he's a beast.

Also, I feel kind of bad since I just tossed a Takumi while rerolling...

I am tempted to just stick with this but I really want a Takumi. :(

Well, guess I'll go to bed and decide once I wake up.

gaiages

Banned
My 4* Cordelia is doing better than my 5* Peri, to be honest. The Brave Lance helps with that a lot, but Cordelia also being able to go over all terrain help a lot on maps where otherwise I'd have a bottleneck of my units trying to get to the enemies.

Right now, with 5* Tiki, 5* Takumi, 4* Cordelia, and 4* Raven I've been doing pretty well for myself (at least, in the Hard chapters). After I'm done upgrading my castle I'll probably just hoard orbs until the next banner is up :p

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm surprised at how much I like this game so far. It's getting a bit grindy in the story but it does feel like a faster and more forgiving Fire Emblem since there's no permadeath.

Not really liking the inconsistency in art style, though. Some characters look amazing while others look like crap.

I think I also got lucky with pulls. I did my third pull yesterday and got Camila 5*, Lucina 5*, and Sakura 4* (and I had been looking for a healer), so now I'm running those plus a Hinoka 5* I got a while back. Just need to train them up a bit and then I can go back to the story.

I haven't even touched the arena yet.

Can you level up 4* characters to 5*? I got a 4* Chrom on my second pull or so, but he's not as good as Lucina right now. I also have a 4* adult Tiki but she's only so-so as well.

Actually, I'm really confused as to how to fight with Tiki because she's great against some things but awful against others, and it doesn't always seem to follow her color typing.

redcrayon

My 4* Cordelia is doing better than my 5* Peri, to be honest. The Brave Lance helps with that a lot, but Cordelia also being able to go over all terrain help a lot on maps where otherwise I'd have a bottleneck of my units trying to get to the enemies.

Right now, with 5* Tiki, 5* Takumi, 4* Cordelia, and 4* Raven I've been doing pretty well for myself (at least, in the Hard chapters). After I'm done upgrading my castle I'll probably just hoard orbs until the next banner is up :p
I'm finding Cordelia to be a really good unit too. Brave lance and flying means that she's great at hunting red infantry heroes.

Not too sure about the usefulness of Gale Force at 5* in this. It's great to be able to move again in the 3DS games where you can use it all the time, but needing to survive multiple combat rounds for it to be available is too much for her in FE:H. Battles rarely last that long as once one unit engages, pretty much everyone piles in and either she's dead or the battle is won a couple of turns later.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Roy's downside is he has no special ability at all. Plus one of his better skill, Triangle Adept, is a double edge sword, making him really weak vs Blue units.

Dragner

I think Roy's downside is he has no special ability at all. Plus one of his better skill, Triangle Adept, is a double edge sword, making him really weak vs Blue units.

I mean he has -7 def that would be cool if it wasnt after attacking and because you are attacking greens -7 def does nothing because they are death anyway.

redcrayon

I'm surprised at how much I like this game so far. It's getting a bit grindy in the story but it does feel like a faster and more forgiving Fire Emblem since there's no permadeath.

Not really liking the inconsistency in art style, though. Some characters look amazing while others look like crap.

I think I also got lucky with pulls. I did my third pull yesterday and got Camila 5*, Lucina 5*, and Sakura 4* (and I had been looking for a healer), so now I'm running those plus a Hinoka 5* I got a while back. Just need to train them up a bit and then I can go back to the story.

I haven't even touched the arena yet.

Can you level up 4* characters to 5*? I got a 4* Chrom on my second pull or so, but he's not as good as Lucina right now. I also have a 4* adult Tiki but she's only so-so as well.

Actually, I'm really confused as to how to fight with Tiki because she's great against some things but awful against others, and it doesn't always seem to follow her color typing.

To level up a 4* to a 5* you need 20 of the larger badges of the right colour (you'll find them in the training tower) and 20,000 feathers (take part in the arena. A lot.) I'm sure there will be events later that make it easier to get this stuff but at the moment it's looking like a slog for early adopters.

Tiki- in addition to the weapon triangle, she's vulnerable to dragonslayer weapons like Falchion- watch out for Marth, Lucina and co as she's weak to them. Get used to clicking on enemy heroes at the start of a battle to see what they have, you'll need to watch out for armourslayers vs heavy units if you have them too. Archers vs fliers are obvious but the weapons aren't always so clear.

Maximos

Neo Member
So I just got two 5-star Camillas but I can't merge them for some reason.

Can anyone fill me in about the merge heroes and how it works for 5-stars? I've read through it a few times and can't figure out what's going wrong.

If a merge isn't possible, is the best strategy to just release the duplicate for feathers?

Quonny

Can anyone fill me in about the merge heroes and how it works for 5-stars? I've read through it a few times and can't figure out what's going wrong.

If a merge isn't possible, is the best strategy to just release the duplicate for feathers?
The feeder unit cannot be favorited.

Pejo

You probably have Auto-Favorite enabled for 4* and above. go in and manually un-favorite one of them, then you can fuse (click the heart).

Also, I just (finally) pulled a 5* Camilla last night myself. I've been pulling her banner and only pulling green orbs to get her, she's pretty damn awesome.

Now all that's left is getting a Takumi, then I have all the characters I want for the time being. Going to follow the same method I used to get Camilla, hopefully it doesn't take too long. Gotta love these free orbs!

Gotchaye

Got my main team to 40. They stomp pretty much everything except armored blues and Robin. Catria's shaping up nicely to replace one of the Takumis, and she's pretty good against armor and mages.
xyQz4s9.png

The various triangle enhancement skills/weapons feel like a waste, mostly. At level 40, just the standard triangle bonus means that an offense-oriented hero is probably killing things they're strong against and being killed by things they're weak against. Roy probably wouldn't be able to take out Hector in one combat without Triangle Adept but he'd be fine against every other green. You'd much rather have just the regular Atk+ skill. If I had Roy I'm not sure that I would actually equip Triangle Adept.

Maximos

Neo Member
You probably have Auto-Favorite enabled for 4* and above. go in and manually un-favorite one of them, then you can fuse (click the heart).

Also, I just (finally) pulled a 5* Camilla last night myself. I've been pulling her banner and only pulling green orbs to get her, she's pretty damn awesome.

Now all that's left is getting a Takumi, then I have all the characters I want for the time being. Going to follow the same method I used to get Camilla, hopefully it doesn't take too long. Gotta love these free orbs!

Thanks! That's exactly what happened. I can't believe it doesn't give you an error message when you have a favorited unit in the merge.

(also what are these free orbs you speak of?)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
To level up a 4* to a 5* you need 20 of the larger badges of the right colour (you'll find them in the training tower) and 20,000 feathers (take part in the arena. A lot.) I'm sure there will be events later that make it easier to get this stuff but at the moment it's looking like a slog for early adopters.

Tiki- in addition to the weapon triangle, she's vulnerable to dragonslayer weapons like Falchion- watch out for Marth, Lucina and co as she's weak to them. Get used to clicking on enemy heroes at the start of a battle to see what they have.
Got it, thanks. I guess I'll stick with Lucina for now since it's only a 4-man team anyway.

The way this game merges all the FE games really highlights how repetitive different incarnations of the game are. It's pretty funny. Fucking EVERYONE is led by some handsome prince dude who is honourable and idealistic to a fault. And Falchion is freaking everywhere.

I also have a 4* dagger girl (Felicia?) who I find pretty useful, but it's hard to justify bringing her along in a 4-man party.

Mugaaz

I used to think the same, but changed my mind for two reasons.
1. His shove move allows you to alpha stike on the stupid maps where AI won't move and would otherwise be out of range.
2. His DEF lowering skill is one of the few ways to enable you to kill heavy knights.

Other than that he is just a dumb beater.

Firemind

I think one of the game designers hate Roy because he has one of the most badass critical animations.

I really like this games game-play. Its super fun to just battle even if its just in training mode. I also like the gacha element. I like that rush I feel right before I pick an orb, and I like the joy I feel when getting a good pull, and I even like the disappointment I feel when I get a bad pull.

I do not like the stamina meter though. That just makes me want to stop playing all together. Because its very clear to me that they had to tie a game-stopping mechanic into the game because otherwise it would break their economy. That is not consumer friendly, and just plain frustrating. It feels like Im being taken for a ride, and I see the turns coming. I cant play as much as I would like because then my characters would either get too strong, or I would earn so many orbs I would never want to buy them.

I love gaming because it allows me to interact with the ideas and concepts created by others through play. The stamina meter diminishes this quality for me.

Pejo

Thanks! That's exactly what happened. I can't believe it doesn't give you an error message when you have a favorited unit in the merge.

(also what are these free orbs you speak of?)

Well you get the club nintendo ones for "redeeming" the 10 free orbs, then they've been giving away free daily orbs for logging in, and under "special battles" right now you can get 6 free orbs just for beating the 2 stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom