• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I'm getting constant communication errors on Nox emulator and I can't even login anymore. This used to happen everytime I wanted toplay the game for the first time during the day, forcing me to download the APK again every single time.

Now I can't login for good. My phone broke last night and I have no other means to play. Does anyone have any kind of solution?

Moaradin

How restrictive are the free to play elements of this game? Timers, time to take to unlock characters, etc. I noticed a stamina meter at the top. Is that going to be annoying to deal with if you don't pay real money?

redcrayon

I really like this games game-play. Its super fun to just battle even if its just in training mode. I also like the gacha element. I like that rush I feel right before I pick an orb, and I like the joy I feel when getting a good pull, and I even like the disappointment I feel when I get a bad pull.

I do not like the stamina meter though. That just makes me want to stop playing all together. Because its very clear to me that they had to tie a game-stopping mechanic into the game because otherwise it would break their economy. That is not consumer friendly, and just plain frustrating. It feels like Im being taken for a ride, and I see the turns coming. I cant play as much as I would like because then my characters would either get too strong, or I would earn so many orbs I would never want to buy them.

I love gaming because it allows me to interact with the ideas and concepts created by others through play. The stamina meter diminishes this quality for me.

Agree on the frustration of the stamina meter when you just want to play a bit longer, but it isn't really affecting you earning orbs (once you've got the story ones you're limited to the same drip-feed of them like everyone else).

As for XP gain, so many people have strong teams when it's only been out a few days- My main team now has three 5* characters over level 30 and I haven't spent a penny on it. The purpose of it is to keep people checking back in daily to try and get them to make it part of their daily routine, and thus a spend opportunity, but I am worried about the stamina cost of training missions once the initial half-cost promotion is over. Once the high level training missions go back up to 18 stamina for a two-minute battle, it's going to be just playing two of those then waiting all day/night for a refill.

You can play for quite a while levelling low-level characters, but high level ones get to play a couple of times a day for probably poor XP gain and high chance of dying and not even getting that.

Pejo

I'm getting constant communication errors on Nox emulator and I can't even login anymore. This used to happen everytime I wanted toplay the game for the first time during the day, forcing me to download the APK again every single time.

Now I can't login for good. My phone broke last night and I have no other means to play. Does anyone have any kind of solution?

Do you have Root Mode enabled on Nox? I still see reports that people playing with rooted devices are getting shadow banned and hit with these connection errors. Just an idea.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

If you are on Android/root access - delete the file data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs/deviceAccount.xml

...and you will be able to login again without having to redownload the whole game. Same procedure is used for faster rerolls on Android, but i also had to use it whenever that connection issue pops up and you have to relog-in.

Otherwise reinstalling should fix the issue as well - but you would have to redownload the game every time.

So, is there some game engine all these gacha games use that makes them all so similar, or are they just ripping off each other?

Just started playing yesterday. Basically Monster Strike or Puzzle and Dragons, but with SRPG gameplay. Even the orbs are just the standard orbs used in every other gacha game.

Pricing is also atrocious, as is the dueling. A CD of an entire day? Really now?

Draxal

How restrictive are the free to play elements of this game? Timers, time to take to unlock characters, etc. I noticed a stamina meter at the top. Is that going to be annoying to deal with if you don't pay real money?

Stamina is the worst part of the game since theres no way to increase it.

cw_sasuke

btw. Do we have a Google Doc with GAF Friend IDs ? I need to re-add a bunch because i switched my acc yesterday lol.

So, is there some game engine all these gacha games use that makes them all so similar, or are they just ripping off each other?

Just started playing yesterday. Basically Monster Strike or Puzzle and Dragons, but with SRPG gameplay. Even the orbs are just the standard orbs used in every other gacha game.

Pricing is also atrocious, as is the dueling. A CD of an entire day? Really now?

Yeah its a Gacha game - like they showcased the first time we saw the game.
FE 3DS mainline FE games are still here to play, if thats not for you.

After being one shot in the colisseum by gold star characters with less level than mine (had only silver and were counters to them), and having done the worst 20 orbs roll ive done (counting my 24h or rerolls) with 5 characters being boring shitheads all bronze (and sent to to home as fast as i could) I dont want to play this game anymore.
The worse thing is that seems that the game wants me to force gold characters in the story mode now becuase silver ones are not cutting it even with more level.

I had more fun with other gacha games, this was just fustrating.

btw. Do we have a Google Doc with GAF Friend IDs ? I need to re-add a bunch because i switched my acc yesterday lol.

Yeah its a Gacha game - like they showcased the first time we saw the game.
FE 3DS mainline FE games are still here to play, if thats not for you.

Would like to know this as well.

Dragner

I used to think the same, but changed my mind for two reasons.
1. His shove move allows you to alpha stike on the stupid maps where AI won't move and would otherwise be out of range.
2. His DEF lowering skill is one of the few ways to enable you to kill heavy knights.

Other than that he is just a dumb beater.

Maybe, I play mages so knights arent a problem but even vs knights you shoud just unequip triangle to do anything and you are probably being demolished on the counterback.

Roy has the same stats as Marth at level 40. But Marth has skillset and Roy has Roy things. Its ok if you dont have a heavy hitter but he is probably the worst red sword of the playable ones.

He is good vs Hector I give you that.

redcrayon

I hope they expand the friends list as mine is maxed from the arena already, and it's a touch clumsy to have to delete people to make room to accept an invite. How do other games like this handle it, a button to 'delete person that logged in the longest time ago' or something? Automating replacing people that haven't played in months (a few months down the line!) would be cool.

cw_sasuke

After being one shot in the colisseum by gold star characters with less level than mine (had only silver and were counters to them), and having done the worst 20 orbs roll ive done (counting my 24h or rerolls) with 5 characters being boring shitheads all bronze (and sent to to home as fast as i could) I dont want to play this game anymore.
The worse thing is that seems that the game wants me to force gold characters in the story mode now becuase silver ones are not cutting it even with more level.

Thats why i try not to care about PvP in thes type of games - whales and/or people that spend way more time on the game will always be at the top, that just how it is.

Though - starting out without a 5* or at least 2-3 good 4* units makes is obv. harder.
Would like to know this as well.

Thread is so big, yet no list - probably because the benefits of friends is kinda limited at this point.

Edit:
Here you go. It's tied to our FE GAF Discord server, which is linked in the OP, but the link expired.

Awesome - thanks !!

Quonny

Not sure why people who have played other gacha games are saying the pricing is atrocious. Other games cost 25% more per pull and have lower rates than 6%.

There will be orb sales. There will be bundles. And are people really struggling? I have Lyn and a bunch of 4* and 3* and I haven't come across anything I have had trouble with.

Pejo

I'm kinda bummed we still have to wait a bunch of hours for the Arena rewards. My 3* Clarine is waiting to go 4*, i just need those feathers!

Firemind

Maybe, I play mages so knights arent a problem but even vs knights you shoud just unequip triangle to do anything and you are probably being demolished on the counterback.

Roy has the same stats as Marth at level 40. But Marth has skillset and Roy has Roy things. Its ok if you dont have a heavy hitter but he is probably the worst red sword of the playable ones.

He is good vs Hector I give you that.
Roy's sword isn't even effective against dragons, isn't magic-based and doesn't heal him. Did the noobs at Intelligent Systems even play FE6?

Syntsui

Do you have Root Mode enabled on Nox? I still see reports that people playing with rooted devices are getting shadow banned and hit with these connection errors. Just an idea.

I turned it off and reinstalled the game,now it worked. I hope it continues to work tomorrow, having to redownload everything every day is asinine.

Seik

Banned
So how much money have you guys put in so far? I bought one 20 + 3 and I think I'm done with buying orbs.

None and I have a team of 5* and 61 orbs in the bank.

Seriously just breeze through the story mode and it'll give you plenty of orbs.

I think I'll be waiting for an event before spending my orbs, I have my team anyway. :p

I pulled a 5 star Cain but he seems like garbage :/
Not sure I want him in my party or not...
Cain is alright the only benefit of him is when he can double he attacks twice in a row instead of attacking once then the enemy attacks him than he attacks again. Can be really effective if used properly. Other than that he is quite plain.

darkwing

Not sure why people who have played other gacha games are saying the pricing is atrocious. Other games cost 25% more per pull and have lower rates than 6%.

There will be orb sales. There will be bundles. And are people really struggling? I have Lyn and a bunch of 4* and 3* and I haven't come across anything I have had trouble with.

I only have one 5* Robin, and yup, been breezing through

I need to know if leveling up with Shards/Crystals has adverse effects on growth rates, because I have to get my 5* Marth up to speed ASAP. I've leveled up some weaker characters this way, and their stats seemed unusually low.

Is there any concrete knowledge on this topic?

I'm going to do my first Advanced Arena battle. The rule of thumb in this game is to use WTA and color advantage. Physical destroys ranged in this game and vice versa.

In regular Fire Emblem, players are used to having mages strike back and these mechanics throw them off. I think that this a game is much more offensively oriented than typical FE, so glass cannon units are more effective than tanks.

I think I can complete the Advanced Arena quest this month. I just don't want to face Takumi.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, I can't really justify it. At a few bucks a roll I might bite, but anything over $10 is way too much. I can buy a full game for that price, I'm not spending it on a CHANCE for something cool.

What's funny is that this position is how EVERYONE starts out. But then... slowly... over time.... people break down... and these companies laugh their way to the bank.

If you want a game that you can play for a few hours every day, then you don't want to play this game. That's not how these gacha games ever work.

This is nothing like Monster Strike and PAD... I dunno how someone could even say that, other than you can pull units from a gacha, I guess? Gameplay is a lot different. There are definitely other SRPG gacha games that are similar to FE (and better, to be honest, e.g., Fantasy War Tactics), but those two ain't it. Pricing is better than in other gachca games, but pricing in all gacha games is terrible. Yet this game has already made millions of dollars and will likely make many times the money for Nintendo than the last FE games made, so I don't see it ever changing. Unfortunate. I expected the dueling thing to be addressed. It's the best part of the game imo.

Dragner

Roy's sword isn't even effective against dragons, isn't magic-based and doesn't heal him. Did the noobs at Intelligent Systems even play FE6?

Yeah Roy was amazing there idk why they make him so underpowered here.

Just compare it side by side with other mains like Chrom or Marth

Roy has +2 def/res after attacking that is very low for a 5* only trait.

Marth and Chrom have dragonkiller + heal

Roy has triangle (lol)
Marth has teleport when weak and Chrom has +7 defense

Roy has -7 defense after attacking
Marth and Chrom has +spd/def to allies

And Chrom has Aether.

And boy I like Roy as a character in FE but I cant justify playing with him over the other 2.

Bork

Neo Member
I'm such an FE noob - I know literally 0 about the franchise - so thought I'd have a pop at this and using only the free orbs I got from linking my Nintendo account and the first levels I got this haul :D

Screen_Shot_2017_02_06_at_16_06_05.png

Seems to be doing the job! I have 20 orbs again and wonder if I should push my luck and go for a good ranged/white blob/arrow character to round the team out. Or should I not bother?

Also what do I do with the duplicates I have; like the boy with the pot on his head and that Hana ninja lady I won from the special maps?

hampig

Gone through about 3 full rolls since I found a set of 5 worth sticking with and have gotten total garbage each time. Really kind of a bummer because I love the game.

Mupod

I only want Cain just because I already have Abel and I want both of the Professional Motherfuckers.

I haven't played any of them and I avoid mobile gaming. If this is considered better than average pricing then jesus christ. I was gonna throw them a few bucks because this game seems good but I noped out hard. But on the other hand it seems perfectly fine as a free game so far. Of course I bet the orb gain will fall off a cliff once I finish the story mode.

I guess I screwed myself by not doing the reset thing until I found a 5*, but I'm doing all right with my 4* Hana and Abel, I also have a healer and a wind mage whose names escape me. Not very far in though because I don't play it much, I'm assuming there's a difficulty spike at some point but this team is working great.

FireVoa

Stamina is the worst part of the game since theres no way to increase it.

This is major issue. I login today and do two maps on lunatic difficulty and my stamina is gone. Something has to change. Either lower stam costs on higher difficulties or increase stam total. Use the stupid experience castle and put stam upgrades like recharge. Just do something.

Agree on the frustration of the stamina meter when you just want to play a bit longer, but it isn't really affecting you earning orbs (once you've got the story ones you're limited to the same drip-feed of them like everyone else).

As for XP gain, so many people have strong teams when it's only been out a few days- My main team now has three 5* characters over level 30 and I haven't spent a penny on it. The purpose of it is to keep people checking back in daily to try and get them to make it part of their daily routine, and thus a spend opportunity, but I am worried about the stamina cost of training missions once the initial half-cost promotion is over. Once the high level training missions go back up to 18 stamina for a two-minute battle, it's going to be just playing two of those then waiting all day/night for a refill.

You can play for quite a while levelling low-level characters, but high level ones get to play a couple of times a day for probably poor XP gain and high chance of dying and not even getting that.
I'm dreading the tower doubling in stamina costs. I feel like the stamina meter is only there to push the effectiveness of the shards/crystals. Once the tower doubles, using shards/crystals will prove more useful for leveling characters without stamina. However they will act like a gate since each level seems to cost an exorbitant amount of shards/crystals. I'm hoarding mine until the tower doubles so I will have then later when I'm much more stamina starved.

Pejo

I really wish there was a mode/modes that let you use more than 4 member teams. I have all these awesome party members now, but I'm stuck to only using 4, which makes leveling alt units very time consuming.

Also, it's kinda bullshit that you get less XP for beating a stage after you already beat it. I mean I think they could have stopped at just not giving you any orbs. Maybe 2-5 feathers for repeat victories and standard amounts of XP.

Kain

So I've been liking this, I'm surprised!

Anyway, my only 5* was Hinoka, she's good and all (hitting twice in a row is godly) but I was itching for more, so I gathered some orbs and pulled again. Got Hector. Hector is BY FAR my most favorite FF character EVER. So yeah. I'm happy. And he's a MONSTER as he should be.

Not pulling shit again until some godly banner rolls around.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
People complaining about the Stamina being low and how there's not enough stamina to do everything clearly don't understand the underlying intent of why it's that way presently. The game doesn't have that much content and the end game right now is either making characters 5* and/or leveling 5* characters to 40. That's it. One way to control people not just blazing through the content and getting to super end-game status is to control the flow of content and how people are intaking. IS has clearly hiked the stamina values to a point where people can't supergrind but enough so people keep people playing throughout the day. Come on guys. It's not hard.

Sakura

Cain is alright the only benefit of him is when he can double he attacks twice in a row instead of attacking once then the enemy attacks him than he attacks again. Can be really effective if used properly. Other than that he is quite plain.

Leveled him up to around 20 though, and it seems most of his points went to speed which doesn't look very useful given his double attack...

I really wish there was a mode/modes that let you use more than 4 member teams. I have all these awesome party members now, but I'm stuck to only using 4, which makes leveling alt units very time consuming.

Also, it's kinda bullshit that you get less XP for beating a stage after you already beat it. I mean I think they could have stopped at just not giving you any orbs. Maybe 2-5 feathers for repeat victories and standard amounts of XP.
The one thing I hate is when you are over 3 levels then the opponent you get literally no XP, they do not even tell you that I just had to figure it out on my own. Now of course the higher you are compared to the enemy the less XP you get, that is standard for any RPG, but getting none at all is pretty ridiculous.

Sölf

I really hope we either get a way to increase our max stamina or at least get more quests were we can get potions. The waiting game is horrible, which only speaks for how good the game actually is.

Firemind

Yeah Roy was amazing there idk why they make him so underpowered here.

Just compare it side by side with other mains like Chrom or Marth

Roy has +2 def/res after attacking that is very low for a 5* only trait.

Marth and Chrom have dragonkiller + heal

Roy has triangle (lol)
Marth has teleport when weak and Chrom has +7 defense

Roy has -7 defense after attacking
Marth and Chrom has +spd/def to allies

And Chrom has Aether.

And boy I like Roy as a character in FE but I cant justify playing with him over the other 2.
The thing that pisses me off the most is that they could have done SOMETHING interesting with Roy and yet made him into the blandest lord.

I mean, shit, forget Marth. How does it even make sense that Camilla, a dragon knight, can teleport?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Would have been nice if roys special allows him to attack at range like in the game.... idk.maybe they're holding back on the creativity of units on purpose. *shrug*

Zafir

Isn't the Stamina costs meant to be at half at the moment as well, or did that end?

Edit: Ah it was training maps only.

Impulsor

Lol, I got Tharja 5* in my last pull. First red orb.

So now I have 4 five star characters.

Ryoma
Robin
Takumi
Tharja

Looking good.

nubbe

Can you even buy stamina potions with orbs?

You use orbs to refill stamina
Buying potions with orbs would be unnecessary since it does the same thing

potions are a reward. they give potions instead of Orbs since orbs have a wide funtion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom