• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
I keep getting shit rolls. I'd really love a blue or green unit that isn't a flier that gets completely demolished by Takumi in the arena. I'd also take a Takumi of my own.

Dreavus

When you get to the summoning screen that show the different colors, can you back out and keep all your orbs if you're trying for something in particular (like a decent blue character)?

I think you commit to at least one pull (5 orbs) to see the selection. You can back out after choosing 1 but obviously you miss out on the discount for consecutively drawing all 5.

It might be worth it to back out if you don't see any more colours you need. I'm currently considering doing that as well for my next few but I'm not 100% sure yet.

kswiston

Who's coming up with this tier list? Was curious and looked at my healer, Lissa who's considered a tier below another healer Clarine. Lissa seems better to me.

It changes all the time, so I wouldnt take it as gospel. I think that Takumi and Hector are generally considered to be pulling ahead of everyone else in terms of utility and power though.

Falchion

I think you commit to at least one pull (5 orbs) to see the selection. You can back out after choosing 1 but obviously you miss out on the discount for consecutively drawing all 5.

It might be worth it to back out if you don't see any more colours you need. I'm currently considering doing that as well for my next few but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Ok cool because I really need a good blue to round out my team and the last 2 summons have only had 1 blue total.

From IGN
“We plan to add new stories continually after release, at a pace of about two a month or one every two weeks. We also plan to add things like new characters and skills, as well as new game modes that go in different directions from the current gameplay

According to Nintendo game director Shingo Matsushita, the company plans to keep working on Fire Emblem Heroes as long as players continue to support it.

Awesome news.

It changes all the time, so I wouldnt take it as gospel. I think that Takumi and Hector are gwnerally considered to be pulling ahead of everyone else in terms of utility and power though.

Hector and takumi do indeed seem to be the most powerful. I keep seeing both of them show up on various forums.

kswiston

Ok cool because I really need a good blue to round out my team and the last 2 summons have only had 1 blue total.

I am in the same boat. There arent all that many good blue units period right now though. I am thinking od holding my orbs until Feb 16 when the banners change.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Who's coming up with this tier list? Was curious and looked at my healer, Lissa who's considered a tier below another healer Clarine. Lissa seems better to me.

Lissa is my MVP. Her Special to heal more when the target is <50% hp is so good.

Yeah, I think Lissa is a great healer. Being able to heal for 30 to 40 points is just clutch. SS tier imo. I did get a Serra though. But she doesn't seem as good...

kswiston

Chrom should be A tier not S. He is literally an inferior Lucina. Fae As S tier is also lol worthy.

They also have incorrect base stat numbers for attack on most of the characters.

I dont have Lucina, but I think that I would still go with Chrom on my team. He's a better tank. I already have Takumi to one shot things.

Niwa

I just need Tharja and Ill never let go of this game. My waifu squad with 5* Camilla and 5* Lucina is waiting for her @_@

Vena

Yeah, I think Lissa is a great healer. Being able to heal for 30 to 40 points is just clutch. SS tier imo. I did get a Serra though. But she doesn't seem as good...

Serra is better than Lissa, the former makes your units considerably more deadly (buffs to speed and attack) on top of healing more than enough. Lissa is more defensive and as such not as threatening.

Uthred

Really want to reiterate the fact that if someone is going for a specific character or aiming for a 5* instead of getting new characters then I highly recommend just doing the first roll on the color you want and backing out as it increases the 5* chance. Doing all 5 rolls for 20 gems may seem like a steal but in reality it's not if you're aiming for a specific character.

I've been doing the one pull and out if I dont get the colours I want and I've only seen the odds improve when I did a full 5 pull

exfatal

I am in the same boat. There arent all that many good blue units period right now though. I am thinking od holding my orbs until Feb 16 when the banners change.

Go for devotion and try for Abel, pulled him 5* this guy is becoming the strongest on my team and i had Lyn *5 and Tiki *4 i really needed a blue as well so glad i got him. He destroys swords user with his skill that stops them from counter attacking if i remember correctly (swordbreaker) also gets brave lance so he can attack twice, he;s also on a horse so got good coverage if you don't mind trees plus great def and hp

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm kind of confused. What's the flow of the game? Grind training maps to level up so you can keep beating the story missions over and over again at higher difficulties?

Am I supposed to start grinding lower level guys to make them 5*, or do I need to just keep leveling an "A" team to try to beat Lunatic?

Dragner

Chrom should be A tier not S. He is literally an inferior Lucina. Fae As S tier is also lol worthy.

They also have incorrect base stat numbers for attack on most of the characters.

Why? they are basically variations of the same character. Same stats, same weapon, Lucina more focused for speed and Chrom for defense and attack. Chrom buffs allies def Lucina buffs atk. Both have aether and Lucina has self spd buff for chrom self def. Its the same concept of char and both are on the exact same powerlevel. If you think Lucina is better just because she is base 5* Im sorry but no. Both provide basically the same value.

Tell me where he is 'literally' inferior.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Serra is better than Lissa, the former makes your units considerably more deadly (buffs to speed and attack) on top of healing more than enough. Lissa is more defensive and as such not as threatening.

My concern is that healing 15 HP isn't going to do much when most units hit for much more. Lissa can heal more than double that. I think the speed buff Serra gives is limited to only certain units with a staff, right?

Anyway, I'll level both and test them out.

Jeffrey

Urgh. The grind from mid 20s and higher is a huge pain. Especially when enemies can smoke you easily if you aren't careful

alittlelove

Neo Member
So...

7XmNr5x.png

And I already had 4 out of 5. I'm gonna go cry in a corner now.

Pejo

May need to re-think my team for Hard 9-5. I cruised all the way here, and even cruised lunatic up to chapter 5 so far, but I've lost 3 times in a row on Hard 9-5, and that stamina cost means I can kiss an hour goodbye per attempt. They have a unit number advantage, and that fucking healer is always buffing and healing the units, but if I target her first, my units get focus blasted to oblivion.

Is leveling up my only option here? My team is 34-ish. Right now it's Lucina, Jeorge, Tiki (kid), all 5*, then 3* Clarina for healer.

I also have 5* Camilla, Minerva, and Cordelia, along with some strong 4*s like Robin, Roy, Chrom, Fae, and Sakura.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm using Lissa now and I can already see the problems. 7hp per heal is just not enough. If you opt for scaling heal, you DOUBLE your purple skill charge time. On top of that, her 4 atk buff doesn't scale well into high levels. Compared to my Serra, Lissa has less attack, less healing (10 vs 7 + conditional scaling), and a less useful buff (4spd vs 4atk). Lissa has been great in the lv 20 range for me, but I can see her falling off fast.

Where do shurikens fall in the weapon triangle? I feel like no matter what unit attacks, I'm going to take some serious damage. FE noob here, obviously.

Dragner

Where do shurikens fall in the weapon triangle? I feel like no matter what unit attacks, I'm going to take some serious damage.

they are neutrals they dont do or receive more damage (Except Robin that has advantage vs greys). Shurikens are not great units right now, low damage and super squishy. They are mobile and can debuff but meh. Not impressed with them.

MutFox

Banned
I've decided... Gonna grind Alfonse to 4* or 5*
If it's like normal FE games, those low levels will become amazing.

Screw these tier lists, gonna just have fun.

Shun

SS tier at FE Heroes wiki is getting to be a lonely place

http://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List

Altema rankings makes no sense at all. There are other rankings that make more sense and are more accurate.

Anna and Sharon are both really good characters in their respective elements, I upgraded both of them to 4 star already and they both provide good support, and get even better at 5 star...

Elise is considered the best healer because of her mobility and her access to the strongest heal in the game with the ability to survive and heal herself doing so.

It's disingenuous to consider someone like Maria or Clarine to be the same rank seeing as they don't provide the same level of support.

Same with both Tiki. Young Tiki is outright one of the most versatile characters in the game with a ougi that doubles her damage output and covers 2 rows in front of her, heals her adjacent teammates by 7, and also has the ability to tank with her Resistance+ ability.

Adult Tiki doesn't have any of that and her attack stat is not as good at 5 stars either, yet she's considered as good as Young Tiki.

Fa is good, but she still has weaknesses despite being a dragon. Even with her support skills, she is going to have a difficult time maintaining that bulk with the prevalence of high attack red, green, and blue characters.

Same with Nono and Female Kamui. Female Kamui's skill set is much more useful when your job is to take out all the hyper offensive red units that are against them.

It makes no sense that Roy is considered that high when his skill set is redundant and doesn't really benefit him that much on neutral and off element.

Rinda is just as good as Reflet as a blue mage.

Altema always got the best tier list for most mobile games.
Everything is well described and written.

http://altema.jp/fe-heroes/risemara

There are a lot of issues with their reasoning for a few of the units. gamewith is better for multiple other games like Granblue, Shadowverse, etc.

they are neutrals they dont do or receive more damage (Except Robin that has advantage vs greys). Shurikens are not great units right now, low damage and super squishy. They are mobile and can debuff but meh. Not impressed with them.
Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like I have one. I'm running into a lot in the high level Lunatic stages and was wondering what was the best way to deal with them because they've proven to be pretty tricky for me.

Darktalon

I never once rerolled, and was very disappointed that I recieved nothing higher than a 4*, in four 20 orb pulls. And finally, on my 5th, I got this =).
zm1SVeP.jpg

Tendo

Currently using a 5* lucina 5* camilla 5* pierri and 4* corrin. Not sure if it is the best team comp but it is the best I have and I like all the characters. I'm having a blast. Would love to get Takumi for my next 5* but 24 bucks is my limit right now. Gonna just burn 5 orbs whenever I build them up.

ggx2ac

I wanted the arena awards now so I could get Anna to 4* and train. I already have Sharena at 4*, I could get Alfonse to 4* but I'd rather save the feathers for something else because his skills are a bit uninteresting.

LProtag

Well, I have a team of 5*'s, I beat the last level on Lunatic.

Feels like there's nothing left to do except wait for more opportunities to get orbs and to roll for Hector.

Pulled on a whim this morning on my commute to work -- got young Tiki.

Thinking of replacing my Roy with her. So my team would be:

Hector
Takumi
Tiki
Elise

Not sure how good healers are in this. Elise has been helpful but not make or break like Hector and Takumi have been. (I know that's not a fair comparison haha.) Thinking of dropping her for a solid 4* or Roy, but that'd weigh red pretty heavily on my team.

I'm finding levels to be a real serious pain to grind out. Takumi is 35, Hector is 31, and Elise is 30. Poured a bunch of crystals into Tiki to bump her to 22-23ish, and trying to catch everyone up to 35 has been a real tough struggle.

The game is a lot of fun in short bursts, which is a nice change from Granblue. But sometimes when I'm autoing the training tower, I just find myself asking, why not just play through one of the mainline Fire Emblems? Anyone else feel this way?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
But sometimes when I'm autoing the training tower, I just find myself asking, why not just play through one of the mainline Fire Emblems? Anyone else feel this way?
I feel this way all the time. I turn on my 3DS to play Conquest and remember I'm on the ninja funhouse chapter and turn it back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom