• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Missing some stuff but pretty decent.

Weird how a bunch of units are placed with no explanation.

Funny how we were just talking about how the story units might very well have good to great stats once advanced, but this tier list just goes "nah, C tier" lol.

Maybe they are C tier because only whales have enough feathers to get them past 3-stars until we get our Arena loot. It will also be forever before they can be advanced to 5 stars by normal people. I expect them to move up over time.

Just rolled this with a new account.

Anybody want them? I haven't linked an account yet.

EDIT: I linked it to an account, but it's still available.

gfb83Pa.png

Ossom

Pulled on a whim this morning on my commute to work -- got young Tiki.

Thinking of replacing my Roy with her. So my team would be:

Hector
Takumi
Tiki
Elise

Not sure how good healers are in this. Elise has been helpful but not make or break like Hector and Takumi have been. (I know that's not a fair comparison haha.) Thinking of dropping her for a solid 4* or Roy, but that'd weigh red pretty heavily on my team.

I'm finding levels to be a real serious pain to grind out. Takumi is 35, Hector is 31, and Elise is 30. Poured a bunch of crystals into Tiki to bump her to 22-23ish, and trying to catch everyone up to 35 has been a real tough struggle.

The game is a lot of fun in short bursts, which is a nice change from Granblue. But sometimes when I'm autoing the training tower, I just find myself asking, why not just play through one of the mainline Fire Emblems? Anyone else feel this way?

I'm 10 hours into birthright and keep asking myself why I am not playing that instead. I am in chapter 9 on hard and am feeling the grind. Not sure how long I will stick with this.

goldenpp72

I spent 20 bucks since I asked myself, how much fun did I have up to this point... and got nothing but 3 star pulls twice. Game hates me, but I'll keep trying the free way from here.

chrono01

Here you go. It's tied to our FE GAF Discord server, which is linked in the OP, but the link expired.
Yay! I've been looking for something like thi-

I guess that's why it's not editable then?

I can't add mine in.
...Oh. :/

Why not hide the Google Doc in the OP behind email tags? That way all GAF members can have access to it, and add their information accordingly? Granted, the URL could be shared around/posted elsewhere that way, but that's better than having a doc that needs to be manually updated. :(

Can't wait for the first round of event characters to pop and absolutely decimate the existing characters now. It's gonna be something.
Yeah, it's going to be great.

Personally, I feel like every character that doesn't have a 5* base in the game, such as Camilla, Tharja, etc. will get another version later (that will likely be even better then their current versions). That's not to mention other characters, such as Ike, who aren't even in the game yet. Will be interesting to see, that's for sure.

Sigh, my wife really got into this (funny because she never liked "that game with the squares", but now asked for my copy of Awakening to give it a shot) but then today she went on to summon and...

YvvKy1H.jpg

she hasn't opened the game since, lol
:(

Holy shit

Characters effectively have natures

We Pokemon now
Well, I think we know who our Missingno is. (It's Kellam.)

Only Robin, but you can tell what stats will cap.

e5fhi22ah8ey.png
I had to laugh at "Chiki (Loli)".

I would actually spend money in this game if the orb costs weren't ludicrous

20 dollars per 5 roll? Get out of here
Yeah, it's unfortunate.

I'm conditioned to it, though, as gatcha prices for in-game currency are usually like this. If a few bundles come around though, I'll probably open my wallet every now and then.

Valentine's Day Nowi when
Valentine Tharja!

Im really sorry guys, I know this is bragging but I couldnt believe it.

kWon7QCl.png
Holy shit.

Upgraded my castle to max level, did an extra 20 orb pull on top of my initial roll and I'm pretty much set to not pull until I know more about how the Gacha works.

My team right now is:

5* Lyn
4* Tharja
4* Sakura
3* Something. I've been using a Pegasus Knight since they are useful for their skill to ignore forests and mountains and stuff.
Nice team!

I've been thinking of upgrading my castle to max now too. It's at 60% XP increase now, and it is kind of a long-term investment. I'll probably get around to doing it eventually, so I might as well do it now. I am trying to hoard whatever orbs I can so I can go all-in on the next banner (for the increased 5* rate chances) and have a little under 60 orbs stock-piled. I'm going to wait it out and keep doing story content to see how high I can get before spending any more on my castle upgrades.

Incredible news!

Pulled on a whim this morning on my commute to work -- got young Tiki.

Thinking of replacing my Roy with her. So my team would be:

Hector
Takumi
Tiki
Elise

Not sure how good healers are in this. Elise has been helpful but not make or break like Hector and Takumi have been. (I know that's not a fair comparison haha.) Thinking of dropping her for a solid 4* or Roy, but that'd weigh red pretty heavily on my team.

I'm finding levels to be a real serious pain to grind out. Takumi is 35, Hector is 31, and Elise is 30. Poured a bunch of crystals into Tiki to bump her to 22-23ish, and trying to catch everyone up to 35 has been a real tough struggle.

The game is a lot of fun in short bursts, which is a nice change from Granblue. But sometimes when I'm autoing the training tower, I just find myself asking, why not just play through one of the mainline Fire Emblems? Anyone else feel this way?
Yeah, definitely slot Tiki somewhere in there, she's great. Nice team, BTW.

With the chapters I got left, I got 1 more 20 pull before I will have to save my orbs for the next banner.

Won't burn through my last 20 orbs till a new banner comes out.

Shouta

You know, leveling up Virion past his initial stage has been really helpful since I've only pulled two sets of 5 so far. It's kinda nice that you can at least raise your units pretty far.

Edit: Still wish going to 5-star didn't cost so many damn feathers.

Falchion

You cannot.

Most you can do is link an account with a dummy My Nintendo account, and then give the login details to another player so he/she can claim ownership of it.

Oh gotcha, well that would be a killer starting account for someone, wish I had had that kind of opening roll.

kswiston

Arena results are out. Got 3.1k feathers for my 3507 score.

I think I got 3900 for a score of 3663. I was in the 8000s for rank, and was lucky enough to have a 179 defense score. You must have just missed out on the top 10k, which unfortunately was entirely dependent on having banner characters.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I think I got 3900 for a score of 3663. I was in the 8000s for rank, and was lucky enough to have a 179 defense score. You must have just missed out on the top 10k, which unfortunayely was enyirely dependent on having banner characters.
Yeah, I got 0 defense score. :(

I can make up for the lack of 5*s with AI manipulation, but you need those raw stats for defense.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was under the impression that you need 5 non-5* rolls to increase 5* %.

I thought the rates only increased by .25% 5* and .25% 5* Focus after a 5 pull that yields no 5*?

Maybe I'm misremembering but I did it previously and I'm pretty sure the chances increase even if you don't do all 5 from the summon sigils.

EDIT:
I've been doing the one pull and out if I dont get the colours I want and I've only seen the odds improve when I did a full 5 pull

Ah. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong. Damn I'm a fucking dumbass.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got 2500 feathers - my rank was pretty low. The one good time I had a great run through advanced, I lost on the 7th fight :\ I should have just done a beginner fight to look in that high score. Oh well. Either way, it'll be months before I can promote ONE DUDE.

andy_lhc

Quick question guys...

IF I don't care for a specific character BUT I want a good healer or archer or a mage,

which pull you guys think is better? The legendary heroes pull or the deep devotion pull?

Zeeman

I've been rolling with a 3* Lissa as a healer but just pulled a 4* Maria, how is she? Also, is it worth leveling up a 4* Virion?

Oh, any of these 3* worth upping to a 4*? I should get to 2000 feathers soon, I guess.

OtwyV65.jpg

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Quick question guys...

IF I don't care for a specific character BUT I want a good healer or archer or a mage,

which pull you guys think is better? The legendary heroes pull or the deep devotion pull?
The only difference between the two is the drop rates for the 4 dudes on the cover are doubled. Robin is a great mage from the first group and Takumi is the best
character
archer currently from the second group. The rest is the same re: what you're looking for.

Kitoro

Strongly considering ditching my 4* Maria healer and adding my 5* Kagura in for an all DPS team.

I find that every time I heal one of my units, I realize if Maria could attack worth a damn, I'd be in a much better position than if I were to heal.

Pejo

Yay, got the 2k feathers I needed to get Clarina to 4*. But man, now she's back to level 20. It's going to take ages to get her back to mid 30s. At least with healers you can just spam heal until you stop getting xp for it.

What's the most effective way to grind xp anyways? That training stage feels like it takes forever to get a level. I have my castle maxed btw.

For colorless I will always recommend kagero. Sure shes a dagger user but her poison dagger at 4 star makes her effective against everything except armored and mounted.

For actual archers next best one is probably jeorge
Well, considering I want to have at least one unit of each color + colorless, I think I'll go with Kagero. Right now I have two red units (Tharja 5* and Olivia 4*) on my team, and I'm not sure that's viable in the long run.

I just realized how incredibly average the archers in the whole series are. If you're not a fan of Takumi, you're pretty much screwed(I somewhat liked Setsuna and Innes, but I don't remember any other noteworthy archers).

Crazyorloco

Played the special maps...

Ten minutes later. I can't play anymore because of stamina. Fudge. I'd pay one fee to take that off permanently.

exfatal

Oh went to arena and they rewarded me some feathers got 1000 for attack, and 400 for def.. guessing that was bad considering i need like 20k for 4* upgrade?

Well, considering I want to have at least one unit of each color + colorless, I think I'll go with Kagero. Right now I have two red units (Tharja 5* and Olivia 4*) on my team, and I'm not sure that's viable in the long run.

I just realized how incredibly average the archers in the whole series are. If you're not a fan of Takumi, you're pretty much screwed(I somewhat liked Setsuna and Innes, but I don't remember any other noteworthy archers).

Shinon will not stand for your rudeness.

ggx2ac

Got my 4600 feathers from Arena. If I was still above 1000 in rank I would have gotten 5100 feathers.

Time to upgrade Anna to 4*.

Kitoro

Yay, got the 2k feathers I needed to get Clarina to 4*. But man, now she's back to level 20. It's going to take ages to get her back to mid 30s. At least with healers you can just spam heal until you stop getting xp for it.

What's the most effective way to grind xp anyways? That training stage feels like it takes forever to get a level. I have my castle maxed btw.

And then she's going to go all the way back down again if you ever 5* her with 20,000 feathers. -_-

Funny enough, leveling the healers become the problem after level 32 or so.

I've leveled multiple 5* DPS from 20-40 in separate instances, with my 4* healer healing all the way, and she's gone up 2 levels in the time 3 units went from 20-40. :p

My advice is to save all your level 20+ EXP crystals for healers and healers only post level 30.

Pejo

And then she's going to go all the way back down again if you ever 5* her with 20,000 feathers. -_-

Funny enough, leveling the healers become the problem after level 32 or so.

I've leveled multiple 5* DPS from 20-40 in separate instances, with my 4* healer healing all the way, and she's gone up 2 levels in the time 3 units went from 20-40. :p

My advice is to save all your level 20+ EXP crystals for healers and healers only post level 30.

Where do you get high level xp crystals? I thought they stopped letting you use crystals at level 20?

Totakeke

I've been rolling with a 3* Lissa as a healer but just pulled a 4* Maria, how is she? Also, is it worth leveling up a 4* Virion?

Oh, any of these 3* worth upping to a 4*? I should get to 2000 feathers soon, I guess.

OtwyV65.jpg

Tiki/Lissa/Olivia/Gwen/Beruka. Probably in that order.

Where do you get high level xp crystals? I thought they stopped letting you use crystals at level 20?

There are two crystal types, one for levels 1-20 (Shards) and another for 21-40 (Crystals). You get the higher level Crystals from harder quests/level 6+ stratums in the training tower, while simpler quests and floors 1-5 gives shards.

Quick question guys...

Get deep devotion because takumi is broken as fuck(he's a powerful archer who can still counterattack at close range)

Ndayday

Neo Member
Specifically, you need crystals from Hard/Lunatic Stratums (6th) and above

Oh went to arena and they rewarded me some feathers got 1000 for attack, and 400 for def.. guessing that was bad considering i need like 20k for 4* upgrade?

I mean you could have done better, but even the max reward isn't that great. It'll take most people at least a month before they have enough feathers to sink on a 4 star.

ty_hot

Didn't get any feathers from ranking. I had 200 defense points, but on offense my best play was 4 advanced 3 medium... Lost the 7th in a only advanced run today. But still, I thought I deserved something, ranking should give prizes for % of players better than you, not number of players.

I have lots of items though, once I will have more time and a more leveled team I can use them and grind a lot.

I have a 26+- level team, a secondary team on 19 +- and another on +-10. I want one more 5* character though, so will probably have to start a lvl 1 team as well soon.

OVDRobo

I didn't realize anyone actually liked Takumi. It must be some sort of sick joke that he's one of the most powerful units in this game.

As stated above, Shinon is a cool archer. There's also other units that aren't necessarily locked as archers but could promote into classes that use bows that could be put into the game as archers eventually.

Got my Arena rewards for this season. Enough to take my Beruka from 3* to 4*, but I need to wait for Thursday so I can get the green badges necessary to do it. Wish I'd understood that aspect of the system earlier.

sakyot

Hey guys.
So my current team consists of:
Lyn 5star
Elise 5star
Camilla 4star
Ryoma 5 star
Rest is fodder...
I'm at chapter 6 normal mode. My castle is level 3 and I have 5 orbs left.
I am wondering what I should do with future orbs and what to focus on etc.
Any general tips?
Is my team good enough or should I keep summoning for Hector or any other character?

Cerium

Hey guys.
Lyn 5star
Elise 5star
Camilla 4star
Ryoma 5 star
Rest is fodder...
Any general tips?
Is my team good enough or should I keep summoning for Hector or any other character?

Your team is way past good enough.

Get the rest of the castle upgrades and then hoard orbs for the next banner or special event.

Hey guys.
Lyn 5star
Elise 5star
Camilla 4star
Ryoma 5 star
Rest is fodder...
Any general tips?

Work on your castle and hoard orbs.You can very easily go through damn near every stone and not get hector. Camilla is the second best green and you already have her . Save stones you already have a fantastic team. Wait for a different banner.

andy_lhc

The only difference between the two is the drop rates for the 4 dudes on the cover are doubled. Robin is a great mage from the first group and Takumi is the best
character
archer currently from the second group. The rest is the same re: what you're looking for.

Get deep devotion because takumi is broken as fuck(he's a powerful archer who can still counterattack at close range)

I did deep devotion and got Camilla....and the other 4? all swords........I already have plenty of swords and axes...I need my archer / healer / mage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom