• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Maybe I'm misremembering but I did it previously and I'm pretty sure the chances increase even if you don't do all 5 from the summon sigils.

EDIT:

Ah. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong. Damn I'm a fucking dumbass.
Rates increase for every 5 summons, not only if you do the 5 stones straigh but also if you stop the session, watch here for example https://youtu.be/Gx-9WpP0Hdg

At 3:34 he only summoned 3 units and got the 0,25% increase on 5* focus and normal 5*.

centracore

If you have multiple copies of a character how far should you level them before deciding which one to merge and which one to keep? Or is the only way to really know for sure to level them both all the way up to 40 first?

chrono01

Man, I wish I knew the arena was going to close early. I didn't use my feathers yet from last night. :(

Anyway, I didn't rank as high as I would have liked, but then I had a late start on this (it probably doesn't help I lost a day or so of progress since I re-rolled my first account). I didn't get the 2k feathers I needed to evolve Serra from 3* to 4*, so I guess I'll have to wait until next week. :/

Whales

Banned
what makes lucina better than chrom? his stats basically destroy her's

also add me guys, my leader is a takumi ( if that actually matters):

282 570 8086

Okamid3n

I have 4700 feathers. I don't know if I keep them to get a five stars later on or if I upgrade Clarine to four stars to get a slightly better healer. It doesn't seem like she'd improve that much at all, though...so I guess I'll keep them.

exfatal

I mean you could have done better, but even the max reward isn't that great. It'll take most people at least a month before they have enough feathers to sink on a 4 star.

yeah i figured wasnt going at it hard played like twice got the 7+ bonus twice thinking something would happening. Wanted to go back in to test out Abel

C4BenQrXUAAY4bS.jpg:large

My party so far, need a good green hero. and also replace tiki with a better hero

Edit: OHH should make an all green haired party

duckroll

Should be able to do another pull today if I can clear Chapter 7 Hard. After that it's going to be rough times ahead. So it's this or nothing. Getting mentally prepared to uninstall the app.

OVDRobo

I did deep devotion and got Camilla....and the other 4? all swords........I already have plenty of swords and axes...I need my archer / healer / mage

Welcome to gatcha. You'll probably never get what you want specifically. Just remember that you probably won't get what you want even if you spend money and you won't be making any regrettable decisions.

Remember that currency-wise, spending 20 orbs to get 5 characters is essentially a buy-4-get-1-free deal and sometimes it can be worth it to just get 4 characters for 18-20 orbs if you're after something in particular. Since you're over-abundant on swords and axes and archers and healers are mainly colorless, just grab all the colorless ones you can in a pull and back out.

In case you guys haven't heard about this but putting your best character as a lead makes people less likely to want to fight you in arena. With Takumi as my lead I got zero defense points.

Loving my current team but only rolling blues now in hopes of getting something good to fill that 4th spot with.

Sölf

Got only 1,5k feathers due to dropping out of the ranking. Still reached rank 2. Since I only had less than 2,2k points for ranking, reaching rank 2 seemed to be pretty low.

ggx2ac

This is a suggestion.

If you want to level a single character to level 20 pretty quickly without having to spend 5000 shards then, aside from having the castle fully upgraded, have in your team Lissa, Sharena and Olivia.

They all have attack buffs so technically it's possible to get up to 12 extra attack power. Plus with Olivia having Dance, it helps to act twice in a turn.

I have only spent 5 or 6 stamina and my 4* Anna already went from level 1 to 15.

Gotchaye

what makes lucina better than chrom? his stats basically destroy her's

also add me guys, my leader is a takumi ( if that actually matters):

282 570 8086

An average Lucina will do a lot more damage to almost anything with Spd from 21 to 31 and will take less damage from most physical attackers with Spd between 30 and 40 and from all magic attackers, and she only has 4 less HP. The whole speed range where Lucina is either doing almost double or taking almost half as much damage as Chrom covers basically every character in the game. Hector is Spd 24 and Linde is 39. I don't understand why you'd say his stats are much better.

Falchion

Should be able to do another pull today if I can clear Chapter 7 Hard. After that it's going to be rough times ahead. So it's this or nothing. Getting mentally prepared to uninstall the app.

Yeah the path to orbs after completing the story modes is kind of harsh right now it seems like.

Kitoro

This is a suggestion.

If you want to level a single character to level 20 pretty quickly without having to spend 5000 shards then, aside from having the castle fully upgraded, have in your team Lissa, Sharena and Olivia.

They all have attack buffs so technically it's possible to get up to 12 extra attack power. Plus with Olivia having Dance, it helps to act twice in a turn.

I have only spent 5 or 6 stamina and my 4* Anna already went from level 1 to 15.

Definitely a neat tactic, but I've got enough 1-20 crystals to level like 20 units to 20.

It's odd to me that, even as Lunatic rewards, they only give the 1-20 crystals, and no 21-40 crystals...

I think at this point 3* aren't even worth holding uness they cannot come in a 4* or 5* variety.

Might decide to flush my roster of 3*'s soon.

Squire

Banned
Played a few levels, and it was ok. I don't dislike it per se, but I'm one of those crazy people that still carry their 3DS around, so I'll stick to Fire Emblem there for now.

I like that we're getting the one-two punch of Heroes and then Echoes only a couple of months later. Hell, three when you consider Warriors is in the fall. I don't even have to buy a Switch for that.

I like FE. All of its great.

Gotchaye

Definitely a neat tactic, but I've got enough 1-20 crystals to level like 20 units to 20.

It's odd to me that, even as Lunatic rewards, they only give the 1-20 crystals, and no 21-40 crystals...

The 21-40 crystals don't seem to be worth very much in any case. You get 1000 of them for clearing the top of the training tower as your once-per-day bonus and you need more than that to go from level 20 to level 21. Meanwhile 5000 shards suffices to get you from 1 to 20. They're all just worth a single experience point each, and the exp required to level up increases by something like 10% per level.

ggx2ac

I've used up a lot of shards, so I was doing this as an alternative.

Technically, it would have been better for me to use shards today because there are no badge rewards from the tower.

TrueBlue

Just blew 20 orbs on a roll that gave me only 3*:

Henry
Eliwood
Selena
Barst
Shanna

Anyone worth developing? My 4* Roy feels like the weak link in my team of 5* Azura, 5* Merric and 4* Camilla.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Currently contemplating grinding through everything for another pull... I think I'm in a good place, but I'd really like at least one 4* healer and maybe another colorless unit. Thoughts?

pwq67HW.png

mstevens

Decided to finish the hard story missions since the training tower isn't giving any shards today. I guess I'll chip away at the first Lunatic chapter tonight.

Balphon

Is there any other advantage to keeping them? I guess best to just cash them in then?

At the moment, not really, since even if you get multiples combining 3*s is a bit of a waste.

Currently contemplating grinding through everything for another pull... I think I'm in a good place, but I'd really like at least one 4* healer and maybe another colorless unit. Thoughts?

You're in pretty dire need of more magic units, but that's up to the RNG.

LProtag

Man, it sucks knowing that the only direct upgrade to my team is getting Hector.

Going to make every pull disappointing. I guess there are a lot of sidegrades I could get though.

Kitoro

Does anyone know what will happen after we finish the February Lunatic challenges?

I'm stuck waiting for Felicia's daily in a few days before I can complete my list, because I need her to complete a stage with.

I'm hoping there's either one more tier of challenges, or it awards some sort of final completion bonus, but I shouldn't kid myself... :p

Bovine

Neo Member
Everyone with these multiple 5 stars are making me kinda jealous, I've done about 5 rolls and gotten nothing...
I have:
4 Star
Tharja, Bartre, FCorrin, Felicia, Odin, Barst, Gunter, Matthew, Maria
3 Star
Fir, Hinata, Laslow, Oboro, Est, Florina, MRobin, Arthur, Nino, Cecilia, Gordin, Saizo

Been using Tharja, Bartre, FCorrin and Felicia to some success so far, was wondering if any of my remaining units were worth anything or a bunch of junk. With my luck, there is no way I am sinking a dime into this game.

kswiston

An average Lucina will do a lot more damage to almost anything with Spd from 21 to 31 and will take less damage from most physical attackers with Spd between 30 and 40 and from all magic attackers, and she only has 4 less HP. The whole speed range where Lucina is either doing almost double or taking almost half as much damage as Chrom covers basically every character in the game. Hector is Spd 24 and Linde is 39. I don't understand why you'd say his stats are much better.

Some of the skills nullify Lucina's speed advantage, in which case, Chrom has better survivability. He also hits more in single hits which is better for zero damage kills. I agree that his stats arent better though.

Regarding tiers, even if Lucina edges out Chrom due to more universal benefits, I think that Chrom is quite a bit better than Marth, who is A tier on that list.

If you are reserving the top tier for Hector and Takumi, while grouping all the generally useful attack characters in S or A tier, you are going to run into the problem of two of the three of those characters grouped together. You can't just stick Marth in B tier since he is still a good unit. Especially compared to a lot of the nobody swordsmen and women.

Whales

Banned

I haven't played a FE game in forever. so I actually didnt know what speed does

I was just talking about my chrom vs lucina stats

my chrom at 20 has 36 hp, 39 atk, 15 spd, 16 def and 11 resist

my lucina at 20 has 31 hp, 32 atk, 19 spd 14 def and 10 res

but im guessing her additionnal speed makes her not get hit twice so she takes less damage? is that it?

People asking if they're fine when they show more than 1 5*

You're ok, in fact you're well off. Most you need to finish the story missions, even lunatic is 4*'s and probably 1 5*.

Competing against others, then you need the best possible. But for the story 4*'s are more than sufficient.

Gotchaye

I haven't played a FE game in forever. so I actually didnt know what speed does

I was just talking about my chrom vs lucina stats

my chrom at 20 has 36 hp, 39 atk, 15 spd, 16 def and 11 resist

my lucina at 20 has 31 hp, 32 atk, 19 spd 14 def and 10 res

but im guessing her additionnal speed makes her not get hit twice so she takes less damage? is that it?

Yes, if one combatant has 5 more Spd than the other, they attack twice. Your Chrom has had better growths, though - at level 40 the sum of all 5 stats is going to be the same for both of them.

EDarkness

I ended up doing a 5 pull today just for the hell of it. Well, I was hoping for a good green unit, but I ended up with 5 3* that I wasn't happy with and ended up sending three of them home for the feathers. Maybe my next pull will be better. Still rolling with my okay group that seems to be doing fairly well, though we have a bit of trouble on hard maps. Gotta admit, getting orbs for pulls is hard and I guess this will be something that's done every once in a while instead of every couple of days like in other games. I suppose that's okay.

I definitely look forward to seeing what kind of content they roll out in the next few weeks. The new maps are fairly simple, but good for 3 orbs.

I have pulled absolutely nothing since I started. Only four star after my two 5* pull was a chrom.

Just disappointed. Only axe owner I have is the starter girl.

Peléo

Is there a way to see the combat outcome between two characters without having to manually drag them to combat position? It's hard to calculate with additional variables (Skills, 20% Bonus triangle, Weapons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom