• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Peléo;229854988 said:
Is there a way to see the combat outcome between two characters without having to manually drag them to combat position? It's hard to calculate with additional variables (Skills, 20% Bonus triangle, Weapons).

Not that I know of, but the number shown when you do the dragging account for all of that if you are attacking.

Shun

Ranking in Arena pretty much paid for 4 starring Sharon and Anna.

Back past the halfway point.

4996dded9a014b1c945119631c219766.jpg

I want to roll Rinda or Female Kamui so bad, or save up my 5 star for either Anna or Sharon.

Just a few more reduces and another Arena away from getting that 20,000 mark.

Codeblue

Four pulls and I've gotten three 4 star units and a bunch of 3 stars.

Think I'm just gonna save my orbs for the Path of Radiance and Sacred Stones units.

Miracle

Guys it's really worth rerolling. I got two five stars and Camilla after doing it dozens of times.

I agree. I tried playing with just one 5 star Camilla, 4 star laslow, 4 star Nilies, Sharena, and even the last chapter on normal was a struggle. I decided to re-roll and start over. After a couple of hours of re-rolling, I managed to get Camilla again, then waited till I got to 20 to roll again and managed to get Tamuki and Azura.

Not having to worry about being able to beat a level anymore, as well as destroying in intermediate and advanced Arena matches is well worth it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guys. Holy shit. Quote your images. It's not hard. This has been happening so many times in this thread.

kswiston

Guys. Holy shit. Quote your images. It's not hard. This has been happening so many times in this thread.

Mobile game encouraging screenshots. Mobile GAF have their images resized automatically. Some of us have 1440p phones. It's a recipe for disaster for Laptop/PC users (which I typically am in the evenings).

kswiston

Even on your phone it's not hard to use quote tags. You just tap on quote and then tap inside the tags and tap paste!

I was referring to the fact that mobile only web browsers might not even know that images are left at the original size on the regular site.

PK Gaming

Feeling down about not having any/many 5*'s? Fear not, because a user on FE:Heroes reddit has compiled a list of 4*'s that are almost as good as their 5* counterpart.

If you missed it, I've started outlining characters we can receive as 4* units which, considering how hard it is to get 5* ones or promote into them, can be used to great effect just as they are while you focus your efforts on those units that do very much want their 5* skills. You should probably read that one first just because red tends to be the most popular color, but also because it saves me the time of having to do the whole spiel again!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5sgv5s/a_cheapskates_guide_to_4_units_2_electric/

Miracle

Sölf;229855923 said:
Don't say this. Duckroll will get revenge with a five 5* pull.

With those 5* being Leo, Hector, Ryuma, Takumi and Lyn.

Wonder what the odds of that would be? :p

Takumi and Azura in one pull is amazing.

Azura was a huge pleasant surprise. That sing ability is so good. If I ever pull a Hector or Ryuma next, her with one of those two would be absolutely insane.

lt519

These last two lunatic chapters are going to be rough. I have 8-5 and 9-2 through 5 left and the team still at average 33 level. Been trying to train in the 8th tower to do that bounty, but my guys are dying too much to get a steady stream of XP. Need to drop back down to 7th tower once I finish that bounty. Regret not having upgraded my castle for the exp bonus.

I agree. I tried playing with just one 5 star Camilla, 4 star laslow, 4 star Nilies, Sharena, and even the last chapter on normal was a struggle. I decided to re-roll and start over. After a couple of hours of re-rolling, I managed to get Camilla again, then waited till I got to 20 to roll again and managed to get Tamuki and Azura.

Not having to worry about being able to beat a level anymore, as well as destroying in intermediate and advanced Arena matches is well worth it.

This is how I know that ultimately I'm not cut out for the gacha life. Spending even two hours rerolling was almost enough to put me off the game permanently, and I settled for three 4* units. Luckily I now have two 5*s, but if you told me I could've had those five-stars in my first roll if I just kept at it for a few more hours, I wouldn't have taken that trade.

Jims

So the optimal strategy is just to save up the 20,000 feathers, right?

Was thinking about just gradually updating 3-stars after finishing Lunatic mode (and just use the game as a mindless grinding game to Level 20 when bored). But if you get a duplicate 4-star, it's only going to yield you 300 feathers (or -300 off the cost + stat bonuses). Since 4-stars are around a 30% chance, so you may well just hope you get an upgrade naturally and save the 2000 feathers.

I dunno, I'm not really the kind of person that min-maxes or tries to get a perfect team comp. Part of me just wants to just 4-star everyone and just enjoy having everyone to tinker around with.

Dunlop

It's my puzzle and dragons loop all over

Play tutorials, clear data until I get a 5 star

I should see how the actual game is in March or April lol

MegaPanda

Hmm, I think I'll start saving any unique 2*s from now on.
Getting someone to level 20 and then 3*ing them isn't hard, and the unit gets a ton of SP along the way. Repeat leveling to 20, 4* them and you basically have a unit with max skills at that point(except any 5* exclusive ones). It seems a lot faster & easier compared to grinding SP in the tower.

Miracle

This is how I know that ultimately I'm not cut out for the gacha life. Spending even two hours rerolling was almost enough to put me off the game permanently, and I settled for three 4* units. Luckily I now have two 5*s, but if you told me I could've had those five-stars in my first roll if I just kept at it for a few more hours, I wouldn't have taken that trade.

I hear you and I don't blame you. I was like that with most other Gacha games. Good god, rerolling in that Sword Art Online Memory Defrag game was a fucking pain. I just gave up. Especially since literally the week after, this game would come out.

I'm at least grateful in this game that the tutorial is both very short and mindless enough where rerolling wasn't too painful. Two minutes at most. Unlike most gacha games I've played where rerolling was literally a 10-15 minute process.

my first and only 5 star was ryoma :mad:

He's in the top 3 for best 5 star in the game by many. Don't feel too bad.

Ken

too bad mamui's design is garbage

maiponpon should have done femui art and leave mamui to the arthur artist

Theosmeo

How can you get universal crystals? So far only see a way to get shards, besides My Nintendo.

achieves

has anyone tried taking a 4 star to 5 yet? I'm at 3500 feathers and heavily considering getting to 20,000 so i can be ready when they drop more characters

kswiston

With those 5* being Leo, Hector, Ryuma, Takumi and Lyn.

Wonder what the odds of that would be? :p

Getting five 5-star characters at once is 1 in 1,286,008 at the base drop rate. For Duckroll, it would be 1 in 964,506 to roll five 5-star characters at once, since the first one would be at 8% probability. Unless all 5 units are predetermined when you roll, in which case, all 5 would be at 8%, and the odds would be a likely 1 in 305,176. I'm not sure how it works precisely.

The odds of getting your specific picks in one roll would be ridiculously small. Like, you have a much better shot at winning the powerball small.

I hear you and I don't blame you. I was like that with most other Gacha games. Good god, rerolling in that Sword Art Online Memory Defrag game was a fucking pain. I just gave up. Especially since literally the week after, this game would come out.

I'm at least grateful in this game that the tutorial is both very short and mindless enough where rerolling wasn't too painful. Two minutes at most. Unlike most gacha games I've played where rerolling was literally a 10-15 minute process.

He's in the top 3 for best 5 star in the game by many. Don't feel too bad.

It was a 10-15 minute process for me, maybe that's why I hated it! But I was doing the full prologue to get the full 20 orbs, I wasn't just grabbing the 15 and pulling immediately. If I get super bored I might start a second game on my tablet and try that method instead, who knows.

Neoxon

too bad mamui's design is garbage

maiponpon should have done femui art and leave mamui to the arthur artist
I wish that Maiponpon could have done both versions of Corrin, but whatever. One's better than none, & you can't argue with the quality of Maiponpon's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom