• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

I don't mind Arthur's art. It sort of suits him. I dislike Olivia's art. It's not in that thick line style, but I am also not a fan of F Corrin's art.

Are all of the artists in this game professional videogame/manga artists? Or did they draw from a wide variety of sources?

Miracle

It was a 10-15 minute process for me, maybe that's why I hated it! But I was doing the full prologue to get the full 20 orbs, I wasn't just grabbing the 15 and pulling immediately. If I get super bored I might start a second game on my tablet and try that method instead, who knows.

Yeah see I was the opposite there. I just went straight to home base to pick up the two orbs so I could pull 4 times. Figured that if I don't get a good pull from 4 summons, then getting those 3 orbs would be useless to me and a huge waste of time.

Although the irony that happened to me was, I ended up getting a Camilla on my first summon, quit the pull (there wasn't any grey orbs), then did 7 or so missions to get to 20, then did the pull again and ended up with Azura and Tamuki.

Now think about how much time I would have wasted if I got unlucky again. -_-

Azuran

Banned
Can we take a moment to appreciate how amazing Lucina & Corrin's art are?

Let's also take a moment to appreciate Nowi!

ADPHyF2.jpg

I'm serious, her art is great.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The tier list kinda sucks just for the fact is has the female starter hero in the lowest grade. The 5 star version of her is very good

champloo

This is a suggestion.

If you want to level a single character to level 20 pretty quickly without having to spend 5000 shards then, aside from having the castle fully upgraded, have in your team Lissa, Sharena and Olivia.

They all have attack buffs so technically it's possible to get up to 12 extra attack power. Plus with Olivia having Dance, it helps to act twice in a turn.

I have only spent 5 or 6 stamina and my 4* Anna already went from level 1 to 15.

Are you sure this is how it works? because I tried earlier and multiple buffs on a single stat didn't stack.

Inconsistent art is the reason I turned off combat animations.

I actually like it. makes the game feel more varied and each character more unique.

Ketch

Except Kagero.

Kagero is pretty low-key ridiculous.

I have a 4 star Sauzo, is he bad?

Speaking of art, I'm kind of disappointed that the game doesn't have amazing animations for attacking.... that's like a series staple and it's kind of half assed here.

Miracle

The tier list kinda sucks just for the fact is has the female starter hero in the lowest grade. The 5 star version of her is very good

I don't think anyone has a 5 star version of her yet. Hard to determine how good something is without anybody using it yet I would think. :p

Although with that said, i read up on the 5 star version of the 3 beginner ones and Sharena definitely looks very good. Alfonse is disappointing and Anna's teleport sounds crazy shenanigans.

chrono01

As a general F2P'er, who's trying to save orbs for the next batch, would you guys/gals say it's worth it to upgrade my castle to 100%? I'm at 60% now and the cost continues to increase. Still, it's a permanent upgrade and the sooner I purchase it the more use I'll get out of it...

I have around 60 orbs right now, and two 5*. I might just take the plunge and do it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't think anyone has a 5 star version of her yet. Hard to determine how good something is without anybody using it yet I would think. :p

Although with that said, i read up on the 5 star version of the 3 beginner ones and Sharena definitely looks very good. Alfonse is disappointing and Anna's teleport sounds crazy shenanigans.

She is stronk anna is too
If Anna is legit good at five stars I'm totally going for it.
Do eet. I'm saving my 5 star for the 4 star Fae I pulled x.x

kswiston

I was lucky and got two five stars on my first pull (Marth and Hawkeye). Neither are particularly amazing in hindsight, but they did get me started.

You don't need a perfect team to clear most of the content though.

When I started clearing the Hard mode difficulty, but A-team was too high to get the EXP benefit from the first 7 chapters. I sent in a mid-to-high teens B-team of Marth, Hawkeye and F Corrin, with my lvl 27 (4-star) Kagero to bail them out if necessary. Kagero basically sat around for all of those maps, so I more or less beat them with 3 characters.

I'm almost positive that I could do the same with a full (4-man) C-team of all 4-stars characters. Ogma, Sakura, Fae, and M Robin (when I upgrade him from the 3-star version) could probably work.

Quonny

As a general F2P'er, who's trying to save orbs for the next batch, would you guys/gals say it's worth it to upgrade my castle to 100%? I'm at 60% now and the cost continues to increase. Still, it's a permanent upgrade and the sooner I purchase it the more use I'll get out of it...

I have around 60 orbs right now, and two 5*. I might just take the plunge and do it.
Yes. Levels 34-40 are pure torture.

I would suggest yes since it allows you to maximize any exp you get without spending much. And it's a long term investment too. Can't rely on days that they reduce stamina on the tower as your main exp source.

Azuran

Banned

Do you want to spent your entire life grinding EXP? 60% to 100% is a huge boost that's going to save you plenty of headaches in the future.

chrono01

Yes. Levels 34-40 are pure torture.

I would suggest yes since it allows you to maximize any exp you get without spending much. And it's a long term investment too. Can't rely on days that they reduce stamina on the tower as your main exp source.

Do you want to spent your entire life grinding EXP? 60% to 100% is a huge boost that's going to save you plenty of headaches in the future.
Alrighty, thanks all. I'll go ahead and do it.

I might as well, I'll probably have to eventually anyway (especially if they lock further castle upgrades beyond what we get at 100%).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Getting your castle to 100% is a reqiurement if you want any real enjoyment out of the game in the future. 35-40 is really really really slow and the stam cost for those maps is absurd

chrono01

Getting your castle to 100% is a reqiurement if you want any real enjoyment out of the game in the future. 35-40 is really really really slow and the stam cost for those maps is absurd
Yeah, I just hit Level 30 on a few of my characters and I have noticed the leveling has slowed down considerably. I don't want know how bad it'll be at 35+.

Upgrade it is!

Miracle

She is stronk anna is too

And her skills and abilities are very good too. With that and her rally attack buff, she's a good investment.

Gawd damn at Hector's stats tho. Freaking insane. I imagine he and Ryuma will be the next banners assuming they do that.

Velcro Fly

Just finished chapter 4 of the story.

i've been using a b squad consisting of a 3 star Niles and a 4 star Henry

stamina is all gone for now since I did the event map on both difficulties too. barely was able to clear it on hard because Lyn just wrecks everything.

used my orbs to get my castle up to 80%

my goal for right now is to do a few story chapters per day until i finish it on normal. then i reassess what i want to do with the game going forward. probably play through hard as well and maybe start praying for another 5 star character.

Shun

If Anna is legit good at five stars I'm totally going for it.

She and Sharon are amazing at 5 stars.

I already have them at 4 stars and they've been doing very solid jobs.

5 Star Anna has high attack, high speed, and high resistance. She gets a weapon that allows her to warp to any ally at 40% HP. She has Vantage and she gets an ougi that multiplies her damage by 2.5x

She's very good as a green character and provides things that other greens don't provide.

Sharon is bulky enough to take hits, fast enough to not get doubled and can support her party with attack and defense buffs.

evangd007

I was up to 7.5% 5* rate up and had 40 orbs thanks to the welcome special map, so I did 2x5:

Bartre (dupe), 2 Olivia (dupes), Beruka (dupe), Eliwood (dupe), 2 Niles (1 dupe), Serra, Palla, Gaius

It would be one thing for the game to deny me 5* and still give me decent 4* units, but instead I not only get trash, but trash I already have. Oh well, better luck with 8.5% up I guess.

For reference, my team is:

5* Leo (11th reroll, first 5* seen)
4* Lissa
3* Cherche
3* CorrinF

duckroll

I don't mind Arthur's art. It sort of suits him. I dislike Olivia's art. It's not in that thick line style, but I am also not a fan of F Corrin's art.

Are all of the artists in this game professional videogame/manga artists? Or did they draw from a wide variety of sources?

It's a mix. I mean they can all probably be considered "professional" in the sense that they have done commissions and contract work for games/magazines/whatever, but a lot of them are freelance illustrators. In Japan it's not unusual for someone to be popular on Pixiv and launch their career that way.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so this game just keeps crashing straight to the home screen for me

I guess my phone is too old or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom