• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Google translate go!

Mayne we will get an English version up soon.

doubt it. it'll definitely be handled just like how they handle miitomo. specific jp twitter account, and will be retweeted by main ncl account. for non-jp, main noa & noe twitter accounts will handle any tweets related to those apps

Shun

See this is the kind of carrot and stick campaign approach that you should be rolling out more often at launch.

It eases my worries about the content so far, but I hope they can maintain that momentum.

It's the right step in the right direction, and it shows that they're watching twitter and listening to fans.

I hope that in this game, Maeda, the producer for Heroes, is active on Twitter and interacts with the fanbase alongside the official Twitter account like producers for other games do on Twitter.

kswiston

So do we get 10k feathers from each?

It was a global campaign. They should up it though. Give us more for 50-100k retweets.

I am mostly happy with the amount of feathers I got from this week's arena given my rank (3.9k from a 3663 score, and a lucky defence). However, the rewards to the whaliest of whales are a joke. 5k feathers to be number 1 in the world? This game has millions of players! It should have been 50k or 100k.

A.J.

Banned
Finally got my multi 5 Star pull.
WwjgEdS.png

I'm definitely going to replace my Roy with Tiki.

Sakura

In the training tower. Higher stratas give you higher end badges. I believe it is 6 and up for the greater badges.

Thanks... I tried yesterday but didn't get anything. I assume unless there is the reward thing floating above the training tower you don't get any reward right

Draxal

Thanks... I tried yesterday but didn't get anything. I assume unless there is the reward thing floating above the training tower you don't get any reward right

Monday is a no badge day

Apparently it's because content drops today and they want you to do that.

ggx2ac

I'd have to rethink that team then because if same stats don't stack, then it's pointless having characters giving the same stat buffs.

If I keep Olivia for example, then I'd probably have to replace Lissa with Clarine or Wrys. I have to avoid overlapping same stat buffs with Sharena and Anna.

I have a 4 star Fae I can 5 star but I'll probably horde my shit til I get a f.corrin

It is probably best to save 20k feathers for characters that you can't get at 5* via summoning.

I have 4*(Draug, Female Corrin, Azama, Florina, Gaius, Gordin, Gunter, Laslow, Lissa, Matthew, Niles, Olivia, Shanna, Stahl, Sully.)
And 3*(Beruka, Barst, Cherche, Clarine, Est, Felicia, Frederick, Hana, Henry, Jagen, Raigh, Serra, Sophia, Tiki.)

Where there are no 5* summons for them according to this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5rlu1m/list_of_characters_available_rarity/

Totakeke

Status report, just finished the Story on Normal. Almost done on Hard and halfway done in Lunatic.

My castle is at 60% bonus EXP and have 63 orbs on the side, spent orbs on four pulls on which 3 of those gave me at least one 5* character. Last one gave me Chrom though so I'm not too mad about that.

This game doesn't succeed in making me want to spend money. I think the reroll session I went through on day 1 that got me Minerva and Nowi helped a lot though. Getting Tiki and Jacob on day 2 cemented my team, looking at some pulls here, I guess I can consider myself very lucky. :lol

HOsqwR6.jpg

Can you post the stats of your Jakob? Curious to see how 5* stats are compared to my 4*.

zelhawks37

Got past chapter 6 and the story chapters are getting a bit challenging, but Lucina and Robin are coming through in the clutch!

Azuran

Banned
See? If they are willing to give that much for free, I can barely imagine the ridiculous amount we will be able to farm from future events. Day one freak out was ridiculous.

Most of the freakout was from people who don't play many gachas. There's always a bottleneck in the first month in this type of game.

Will be swimming in feather sooner than later right after IS introduces a new rare currency to exploit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh wait there's no permadeath in this? I thought that was how they'd get the hooks in you. So if my dudes don't die...why would I pay more for more?

Most of the freakout was from people who don't play many gachas. There's always a bottleneck in the first month in this type of game.

Will be swimming in feather sooner than later right after IS introduces a new rare currency to exploit.

We all know once they introduce Master Seals as a currency or something everyone is going to cry foul again.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh wait there's no permadeath in this? I thought that was how they'd get the hooks in you. So if my dudes don't die...why would I pay more for more?

The same way other games of this kind do it. Power creep in new heroes released regularly that make previous heroes obsolete. You could have a top-tier team today, but it'll be a different story 6 months from now.

ggx2ac

We all know once they introduce Master Seals as a currency or something everyone is going to cry foul again.

Well, they need to make you do something to get extra skills for your character.

(This is in reference to characters without specials, they have a special attack art but no special attack to use in-game at the moment.)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The same way other games of this kind do it. Power creep in new heroes released regularly that make previous heroes obsolete. You could have a top-tier team today, but it'll be a different story 6 months from now.

For the purposes of...replaying the campaign? I'm still just poking around this thing

MegaPanda

1. You enter PvP
2. Some random team wrecks you
4. Suddenly want those units
5. You pay up and maybe get them
6. Get wrecked again by some other top tier unit
7. Repeat

Zyrox

I don't have a single 5 star character...and story chapter difficulty is starting to ramp up. My last pull had one 4 star (Fae or something? She good? Looks like an Etrian Odyssey reject) and the rest was 3 star trashgarbage. Really regret not rerolling right now. Ah well, lesson learned for the next gacha game if I'm ever gonna play one of these again.

nubbe

Yeah, these walls are needed to make people do in app purchases.

I don't have a single 5 star character...and story chapter difficulty is starting to ramp up. My last pull had one 4 star (Fae or something? She good? Looks like an Etrian Odyssey reject) and the rest was 3 star trashgarbage. Really regret not rerolling right now. Ah well, lesson learned for the next gacha game if I'm ever gonna play one of these again.

Fae is top tier and her artist is the same of EO games I think so there comes the resemblance.

Blue-kun

I have no words for my last pulls, lol. Burned like over 40 orbs w/ no 5* in sight, the rate was already getting to 4%, then I start rolling. First two blue orbs give me TWO 3* Robins. As always, the cut-in makes the wait kind of funny, because he looks all glorious and then it's a 3* chara when all's said and done, lol.

Two colorless and one red remained. I already have a 5* Red so I was ignoring that one, went for the colorless. A 3* Azama. And then... a 5* Maria. I cried. I wanted anything but a 5* Healer. I just don't see the worth in them at this point, because the healing not scaling makes it incredibly useless later on in the game, I found. And Maria herself doesn't even seem all that great in the healing front, too.

All I feel it managed to do was ruin my increased rate for something actually worth it and now I'm sad. Time to sleep and hope for a better tomorrow :'(

Azuran

Banned
I have no words for my last pulls, lol. Burned like over 40 orbs w/ no 5* in sight ,the rate was already getting to 4%, then I start rolling. First two blue orbs give me TWO 3* Robins. As always, the cut-in makes the wait kind of funny, because he looks all glorious and then it's a 3* chara when all's said and done, lol.

Two colorless and one red remained. I already have a 5* Red so I was ignoring that one, went for the colorless. A 3* Azama. And then... a 5* Maria. I cried. I wanted anything but a 5* Healer. I just don't see the worth in them at this point, because the healing not scaling makes it incredibly useless later on in the game, I found. And Maria herself doesn't even seem all that great in the healing front, too.

All I feel it managed to do was ruin my increased rate for something actually worth it and now I'm sad. Time to sleep and hope for a better tomorrow :'(

:'(

Pulls like that are so disheartening. It really sucks when you get nothing of value. It's the reason why I try to control my spending when it comes to these games. God knows the disappointment turns into actual pain when you add money to the mix.

kswiston

I have no words for my last pulls, lol. Burned like over 40 orbs w/ no 5* in sight ,the rate was already getting to 4%, then I start rolling. First two blue orbs give me TWO 3* Robins. As always, the cut-in makes the wait kind of funny, because he looks all glorious and then it's a 3* chara when all's said and done, lol.

I don't see how an 18 AoE heal every other turn is useless. Especially if you are running a team who can't self heal. You will likely be happy to have a healer at some point when they start offering more varied maps/modes.

andy_lhc

I don't see how an 18 AoE heal every other turn is useless. Especially if you are running a team who can't self heal. You will likely be happy to have a healer at some point when they start offering more varied maps/modes.

I really needed a healer so bad......The game just doesn't give you what you need the most..

I literally have 0 healer 0 mage and 1 archer (the one we start with)

All my units are swords + lances + axes

Blue-kun

Here's hoping you're right, so far I haven't found much use to them. The healing can be nice, but it comes at a cost of having a character who can't pull any weight in the dealing damage front and has to be protected from almost everything, which I've found a little too taxing when you take into account that there are only 4 units and a really small map.

Healing not scaling isn't also very good, right now. 18 might seem like much early on, but when you reach Lunatic and stuff and all charas are nearing 30 HP (and more for most of them), doing 18 every other turn when that's likely less than what most people are gonna be hitting for... eh.

But well, she's gonna stay here, nothing else I can do with her other than wait and see if it eventually pays off, lol.

Totakeke

I really needed a healer so bad......The game just doesn't give you what you need the most..

The game is giving you Lissa, one of the best healers tomorrow. It's also going to give you a calvary leader the day after that, a calvary mage after that, a maid, another healer, and then a dancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom