• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at 3.50% for focus after rolling quite a few blues and getting mostly 3*.

I want ANY Robin. Funny how often I rolled him in other accounts. Would take any other good blue. They keep giving me Est and Subaki's!

Ketch

I started doing that with Tiki, Chrom, Fae, and Cecilia. Feels hopeless though since I'll need 100K feathers to evolve them.

Well... what is the game if not a grind? Take your phone out and play a round here or there and eventually you'll have it.

Don't think about it as needing to evolve all 5, try to figure out which one is best to evolve first. Like which characters best compliment each other for the best arena team?

The fun isn't in having the perfect roster of 5 star characters, the fun is in making the perfect roster of 5 star characters. It's about the journey not the destination.

Cerium

Man getting brand new 5* up to max level is gonna take a while huh.

With my current lineup I feel I can take on any team composition. Tiki fills in so many gaps I had before, and Cordelia with aerial Galeforce is going to be great.

All I need is straight up PvP mode and this game will have me by the balls.

divusrex

Should I save my orbs or use 20 of them to get more diversity? I plan on going F2P and right now I have too many red units. My most notable units are Takumi and 4* Roy.

Cerium

I want a green and a gray 5* unit now, I already have the red and blue one
It's not just about colors, but also about what roles each unit plays and how they harmonize. For example I'm running two reds in Lyn and Tiki but they're very different units with different strengths and weaknesses.

MANUELF

Banned
It's not just about colors, but also about what roles each unit plays and how they harmonize. For example I'm running two reds in Lyn and Tiki but they're very different units with different strengths and weaknesses.

when I level my Roy my team will be Robin, Roy, Gunther and Niles

Moonlight

Banned
Is that decent in Arena right now? I figured things were skewing toward blues precisely to counter multi-red teams.

mstevens

So my normal party is Lyn/Takumi/Marth/Young Tiki. I'm trying to plan ahead about who to awaken to 5* first from my other characters. The obvious holes in my party are blue (preferably mage) and healer. Would you guys recommend upgrading 4* Robin first or one of the 4* healers?

I have 5* Raven to cover my bases for green if I need him to.

redcrayon

I was happy with my arena results this morning, got 2,500 feathers across my attack, defence and total ranking results, even though my ranking was a lowly ~90,000! Definitely worth taking part each season.

Ninferno

I think I've just experienced the worst 5-pull humanly possible...
Screenshot_20170207-140524_zpswhl7chrq.png

And my last 20 or so characters pulled have been fruitless as fuck, which is pretty much all I got after the 5* Marth (the only 5* I've ever seen on my phone) I got initially from countless re-rolls...

I'm feeling like the most unfortunate person on earth right now, please send help...

Well, at least these 20 orbs have been from story chapters, Log-in bonus, and whatnot. If I paid 13 dollars and got this I'm so going to sue Nintendo and IS and DeNA and whoever the fuck is responsible for this shit!

Nah, just kidding.

Cerium

Is that decent in Arena right now? I figured things were skewing toward blues precisely to counter multi-red teams.
Would I prefer a 5* Nowi or 5* Fae over a 5* Tiki? Yeah.

But consider that I've got Takumi (SS Tier), Lyn (S Tier), Cordelia (S Tier), and Tiki (S Tier) and honestly the weapon triangle will only carry you so far.

I have magic damage for armored units, I have archery for fliers, I have two Galeforce units, I have a high defense tank. Unf.

Moonlight

Banned
But consider that I've got Takumi (SS Tier), Lyn (S Tier), Cordelia (S Tier), and Tiki (S Tier) and honestly the weapon triangle will only carry you so far.

I have magic damage for armored units, I have archery for fliers, I have two Galeforce units, I have a high defense tank. Unf.
But consider that I've got Takumi (SS Tier), Lyn (S Tier), Cordelia (S Tier), and Tiki (S Tier) and honestly the weapon triangle will only carry you so far..
But consider that I've got Takumi (SS Tier)
Takumi (SS Tier)
oh, say no more

:v

Azuran

Banned
I think I've just experienced the worst 5-pull humanly possible...
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac34/hhgjf/Screenshot_20170207-140524_zpswhl7chrq.png

And my last 20 or so characters pulled have been fruitless as fuck, which is pretty much all I got after the 5* Marth (the only 5* I've ever seen on my phone) I got initially from countless re-rolls...

I'm feeling like the most unfortunate person on earth right now, please send help...

Well, at least these 20 orbs have been from story chapters, Log-in bonus, and whatnot. If I paid 13 dollars and got this I'm so going to sue Nintendo and IS and DeNA and whoever the fuck is responsible for this shit!

Nah, just kidding.

Worst. Pull. Ever

Damn, GAF is having a rough night.

Quonny

3/5 of my pulls were like that, I just know how gacha works.

You should see some of the FFBE pulls in the official thread. The equivalent of 40 5 pulls and zero 5*, just this week.

1upsuper

Managed to pull Lyn after some rerolls on Nox and then got that infamous error code before linking my account. UGH

Thankfully I pulled Lyn again after a couple hours of rerolling. Made sure to link my account this time! Now that I've got my favorite nat 5 I'm ready to actually start playing, haha.

Alucrid

Banned
why even give 5 feathers at the home screen when i need 20k. i could do that every day for a year and not even be at 20%

Balphon

I have Effie, although she's been bumped from my lineup. Despite the triangle advantage, I'm pretty sure Tiki's magic shit would mess her up.

Possibly. She seems to have a fairly high average Res for a general, though. Main drawback is the lack of a special attack.

Alucrid

Banned
Thats what Arena Twards are for. Also we are getting like 10k Feather soon.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/828800459053883393

no i get that there are other better ways of getting it, i just don't understand the reason why it's there in the first place when it's essentially useless

also can anyone else not change their nintendo account password? i've done it like 10 times and each time i logout and enter the new password after changing it the site says it's the wrong password.

Protome

I feel like slow characters like Effie are somewhat less effective in this game than I'd like.

I've pretty much just kept Effie on team since I got her because she's goddamn Effie.

I feel like slow characters like Effie are somewhat less effective in this game than I'd like.

I've pretty much just kept Effie on team since I got her because she's goddamn Effie.

Yeah, she sucks. I don't care about strength and defense when you can only move one space. Knights are the least of my worries.

I said in an earlier post that glass cannons dominate in this game.

I've started playing on my gfs iPad mini since I'm out of stamina on my phone.

No 5* yet.

On my 3rd reroll.

Same, out of stamina, out of sword crests, out of orbs, etc. Now I'm just playing for dailies and weekly rank. My first pull on my main account was weak, second pull I got a 4* Cecilia, 4* Catria, and 3* Cherche so I started. That 3some + 4* Caeda from my second 20 orb summon took me all the way to the final chapter. I got 2 5* Takumi on my 4th full roll (and a 5* Tiki on my 6th, leaving me with 2/3 5* characters out of like 30 summons, but it hasn't held me back yet), which finally got me past that fight with Veronica and way up on the leaderboards. Pretty happy to say in the first season I ended up top 10000, got 4k feathers too :)

Shinypogs

I was hoping the bonus heroes in the arena would change and deliver unto us a new meta or at least more variety in compositions with an added takumi or 2.

I dunno, I used Effie to either draw out unmoving enemies so the rest of the team could react, trap an enemy by filling a space, or serve as an nigh-unkillable insurance policy in case my glass cannons got taken out. I think there's value in having a good tank, they're just not quite as easy to use as a speedy mage.

ggx2ac

The disappointing thing about the Arena not changing characters that give you bonus points tells me that banner characters will always be the characters you will need to get the best score in arena.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
is there a benefit of merging lower starred characters with themselves? 10 sp doesn't seem worth it.

redcrayon

Yeah, she sucks. I don't care about strength and defense when you can only move one space. Knights are the least of my worries.

Same. Tier lists are ridiculous when comparing stat-for-stat and not taking into account the battlefield utility of mobility and dictating who fights who. I haven't lost a battle to a Hector yet as the only people that fight him are going in knowing they are going to kill him with magic or an armourslayer, or weaken him for the killing strike coming from three spaces away. Lucina is even stronger than raw one-on-one combat suggests in endgame because the self-healing means she can kite slower characters around while regenerating even if she's the only one left.

Cerium

Thankfully I pulled Lyn again after a couple hours of rerolling. Made sure to link my account this time! Now that I've got my favorite nat 5 I'm ready to actually start playing, haha.

Gotta say I'm really pleased to see that Lyn is still popular after all these years. Her intro to Blazing Sword was fantastic and she's a big part of why I became a huge Fire Emblem fan.

Moonlight

Banned
This game seems vastly enemy phase oriented and given the fact that there's no evasion stats or many ways to mitigate damage in general and that movement in general is pretty limited makes me pretty wary of 'glass cannons'. Damage is guaranteed as long as you're in range so things turn into a question of stat checks or being able to respond in any situation. The latter is what makes characters like Takumi, Hector, and Ryoma so good.

MicH

The disappointing thing about the Arena not changing characters that give you bonus points tells me that banner characters will always be the characters you will need to get the best score in arena.
But that makes sense. It wouldn't make sense for the bonus characters to be ones without a rate up, you'd likely never pull them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom