• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria is great. 2 space healing, and an attack that inverts any bonuses enemies have.

She was my third 5* and has been a very positive addition to my team.

Strimei

So I've tried rerolling a few times with my initial drawings, nothing too spectacular, but I just drew Lucina 5* so...probably sticking with this at this point, heh.

Miracle

Got my Red Sword! Marth baby!

TFx0FAF.jpg

Camilla - Tamuki - Azura - Marth

Not as good as Lucina but I'll definitely take it. Hell of an upgrade over Alfonse.

Cerium

Oh fuck yes. Oh fuck yes.

After three straight pulls of disappointment, I was like, why not try just one more time?

nkT0yVJ.png

It was all worth it.

kswiston

Here's hoping you're right, so far I haven't found much use to them. The healing can be nice, but it comes at a cost of having a character who can't pull any weight in the dealing damage front and has to be protected from almost everything, which I've found a little too taxing when you take into account that there are only 4 units and a really small map.

Healing not scaling isn't also very good, right now. 18 might seem like much early on, but when you reach Lunatic and stuff and all charas are nearing 30 HP (and more for most of them), doing 18 every other turn when that's likely less than what most people are gonna be hitting for... eh.

But well, she's gonna stay here, nothing else I can do with her other than wait and see if it eventually pays off, lol.

My main team is lvl 32-34. 18 heals are still good. If you have 40 life and take a 25 hit, you are back up to 33 life, and able to take one more hit, rather than having to avoid any unit that can counter for the rest of the map. Unless you back yourself in a corner, it's pretty easy to turtle most maps to buy another turn or two to heal.

blackflag

She and Sharon are amazing at 5 stars.

I already have them at 4 stars and they've been doing very solid jobs.

5 Star Anna has high attack, high speed, and high resistance. She gets a weapon that allows her to warp to any ally at 40% HP. She has Vantage and she gets an ougi that multiplies her damage by 2.5x

She's very good as a green character and provides things that other greens don't provide.

Sharon is bulky enough to take hits, fast enough to not get doubled and can support her party with attack and defense buffs.

Who is Sharon? I don't see that character.

In global is it named different?

Mupod

I didn't do the reset shit and I had mostly crap until my third round, which somehow got me a 5* Lyn and 4* Camilla.

For Camilla, do I want to always use her brave axe? I have Abel as well, same goes for him? I plan on dropping Abel if I ever find a blue caster but who knows how long that'll be.

Also do people use healers? I have Clarine and she's been helpful so far. I just got her +4 spd skill.

kswiston

Sharena in NA. Sharon in Japan.

Here that name was already taken.

I'm curious if Shun is actually in Japan, because that's not the first Japanese name he/she used, and his/her profile says they are from Berkley. If you are actually playing the global/western version, why be confusing? :p

Cerium

I'm curious if Shun is actually in Japan, because that's not the first Japanese name he/she used, and his/her profile says they are from Berkley. If you are actually playing the global/western version, why be confusing? :p

He's playing the Japanese version.

duckroll

It's Shun, you just gotta roll with it. Acceptance is the first step. Can't fight the Shunism.

Shun

I am a foreign student who attends UC Berkeley. The Fire Emblem games I play from Famicom to now been the JP ver.

Shun

It's Shun, you just gotta roll with it. Acceptance is the first step. Can't fight the Shunism.

I also work at Sunrise and Bandai Namco Entertainment in charge of community affairs and marketing. Specifically for their Gundam division.

Dreavus

I didn't do the reset shit and I had mostly crap until my third round, which somehow got me a 5* Lyn and 4* Camilla.

For Camilla, do I want to always use her brave axe? I have Abel as well, same goes for him? I plan on dropping Abel if I ever find a blue caster but who knows how long that'll be.

Also do people use healers? I have Clarine and she's been helpful so far. I just got her +4 spd skill.

Yes. She has a skill that boosts her speed when initiating to make up for the penalty, which can result in a x4 attack (2 hits, take a counter hit, then 2 more hits). That's something unique to Brave weapons IIRC, and part of what makes her so dangerous. I'm not familiar with Abel, but he should be able to get x4 attacks as well if his speed is high enough.

EDIT: It is also useful for guaranteeing a x2 attack even when speeds are fairly even or you are at a disadvantage.

Strimei

This may be a bit silly to ask, but I assume that if one of your characters has the heart icon lit up, that's the one that's displayed if others see you, right?

This may be a bit silly to ask, but I assume that if one of your characters has the heart icon lit up, that's the one that's displayed if others see you, right?

The first one in your party is displayed. The heart is so you don't accidentally sell a unit. It's a lock.

McNum

No. That means it's a favorite, so you don't accidentally merge or release that character.

The displayed character is the leftmost character on the leftmost team.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
i have a 4 star Lon'qu, but he leveled like shit from 8-15 that now he does barely any damage to anything that isn't squishy. Popped him out for my 5 star Fae as a result.

kswiston

Yes. She has a skill that boosts her speed when initiating to make up for the penalty, which can result in a x4 attack (2 hits, take a counter hit, then 2 more hits). That's something unique to Brave weapons IIRC, and part of what makes her so dangerous. I'm not familiar with Abel, but he should be able to get x4 attacks as well if his speed is high enough.

EDIT: It is also useful for guaranteeing a x2 attack even when speeds are fairly even or you are at a disadvantage.

The best part about Brave weapons is that your two turns are always in a row if you don't have the speed for the 4x attack. So if you can kill the enemy in two attacks, you don't even take a hit in between.

Dreavus

The best part about Brave weapons is that your two turns are always in a row if you don't have the speed for the 4x attack. So if you can kill the enemy in two attacks, you don't even take a hit in between.

This too! Donnel has been punching above his weight class a lot on my sub team because of this, lol.

Shinypogs

Whelp with those free 10k feathers Incoming I'll be swapping donnel out and upgrading to 4 * fem corrin in my blue slot. I feel bad because for a 3* he more than pulls his weight with the brave lance and I was about to swap my lissa for Olivia to let him wreck even more face but the call of better units is hard to avoid.

I still cannot get over how fucking good pivot is with Marth.

Also still looking for help with regards to his escape ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom