• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people challenge your first team and lose, you get credited with a Defense victory.

The system is sort of bad.
Oh, but how does it decided what rank I am?

Because I've only done intermediate but I'm at the 30s for level. In fact what's the system for deciding the levels you faced because it seems to be random.

ggx2ac

But that makes sense. It wouldn't make sense for the bonus characters to be ones without a rate up, you'd likely never pull them

It makes sense because it's pay2win mechanics.

Next week, new banners will roll around and you'd have to spend money getting the new banner characters so then you have better chances of being ranked higher in arena due to bonus points.

The banners for next week would probably be the villains you fought during the story mode. Not Veronica or Masked Man but, Michalis, Ursula, Zephiel, Navarre, etc.

Moonlight

Banned

Because I've only done intermediate but I'm at the 30s for level. In fact what's the system for deciding the levels you faced because it seems to be random.
It doesn't factor into your ranks. Your victories using the Dueling Crests do. The game should scale to your level for offering teams to you, though I think choosing 'difficulties' weighs it one way or the other.

EDIT: Also is there any way at all to collect badges without waiting for the specific colour day? I just need four more to promote my Anna, and it'll be a bit annoying if I really have no choice but to wait till the appropriate day comes.

Moonlight

Banned
Heck yes. Lyn is the best.
+1

If I had to nitpick anything, I just wish her voice was better now that we have an 'official' one. Not her Smash voice, because that also sucks, but something with a lower register and more serious delivery in general. The current voice just sounds too... spritely.

wrowa

Draw a 5 star Azura. Is she a useful character in this game? I'm not sure if her singing ability is particularly useful when you only have 4 units in your party.

ggx2ac

Draw a 5 star Azura. Is she a useful character in this game? I'm not sure if her singing ability is particularly useful when you only have 4 units in your party.

Azura sings to Takumi, Takumi gets to take out two enemies in one turn thanks to his ranged attack.

Vecks

I fought against one in arena. When paired with a glass cannon, it's devastating.

PtM

Banned
why even give 5 feathers at the home screen when i need 20k. i could do that every day for a year and not even be at 20%
You could upgrade a 1* with 20, I believe.
is there a benefit of merging lower starred characters with themselves? 10 sp doesn't seem worth it.
You are correct. This is just giving you another option of how to rid yourself of clutter.

Dragner

Azura is amazing paired with a brave blade user like Camilla or Cordelia. Just double smash someone sing double smash again.

PBalfredo

Are there any bards/dancers out now aside from Olivia? I can easily see how dancers would be super useful in this game, even moreso than regular FE, but she uses a sword and I'm pretty sword-heavy right now.

edit: oh duh, Azura. Right there above me. Anyone else?

Just starting out, basically you should never summon with less than 20 orbs right?

Basically. And when you do, save the color that you want most for last, since your chances for a 5* go up for each 3* or 4* you summon in a sequence.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
eVkQBc8.jpg
1bhvg1X.jpg
My last two rolls off of earned orbs.

drBJCmk.gif

Gotta say I'm really pleased to see that Lyn is still popular after all these years. Her intro to Blazing Sword was fantastic and she's a big part of why I became a huge Fire Emblem fan.

Pretty much, first Fire Emblem game I played and Lyn was always my favourite Hero in that. I just started a second account and got her on my first roll, which was pretty cool. I wanted her or Takumi initially on my main account, but I gave up and just started playing. Ended up getting my first five star 4 full summons later when I was already on Chapter 9 last battle :p Heroes is pretty fun, and the character art is beautiful, but I can't wait for the next Fire Emblem game, and the Switch game especially.

Level is decided based on your own team I'm pretty sure. I think stars and levels are factors. Also I had 3,589 offense score, ranked about 70,000. Soon as I won one defense (228) I ended up at 9000.

Another anecdote, I started playing arena, won 7 in a row on beginner, went to intermediate, struggle a bit, but leveled up and won 7 in a row. Went to advanced and won 7 in a row (lost once or twice in the process) for my final high score.

Started a new account tonight, and I jumped into arena at about level 9-10, and I was facing level 10s-12s.

I didn't even want to mess with Advanced until I got a full lineup of 5*.

Now I just gotta train 'em up.

I started the game wtih 4* Cecilia, 4* Catria, and 3* Cherche. Only got my first 5* (Takumi) when I completed the last fight. Ended up ranking in the top 10,000. 5* aren't necessary at all, 4* can be pretty solid in their own right.

Cerium

+1

If I had to nitpick anything, I just wish her voice was better now that we have an 'official' one. Not her Smash voice, because that also sucks, but something with a lower register and more serious delivery in general. The current voice just sounds too... spritely.
I agree. I'm curious what her Japanese voice sounds like.

My last two rolls off of earned orbs.

drBJCmk.gif
6iCTuX3.gif

I wanted her or Takumi initially on my main account, but I gave up and just started playing.
The roll I started with :p

A6A1jtQ.png

ggx2ac

I tried a new team, this time with two heroes for the bonus but, it didn't make much of a difference to my score.

Got 4018 points ranked at 701 today, I had 3910 points last arena season ending up ranked from 1000 to 2000.

I tried a new team, this time with two heroes for the bonus but, it didn't make much of a difference to my score.

Got 4018 points ranked at 701 today, I had 3910 points last arena season ending up ranked from 1000 to 2000.

probably the bonus is capped at 1 hero, or 2nd onward has less bonus effect

ggx2ac

I think it just works on whoever the leader character is since that's who they show when you win.

That's what I think, because when I tried putting someone else as the leader that wasn't for the bonus it dragged my score down.

I'd have to double check it.

Golnei

+1

I felt the same way - i's not as bad as Ike's, but still a fairly poor fit for her character.

ggx2ac

Got a 4* Brock...i mean Azama.He's pretty good,he saved my ass lots of time in the story mode.

He is good. He has crap attack but pain makes up for it. His stats go towards Def and Res that he pretty much ends up tanking hits.

Whereas Lissa doesn't get as much Def and Res and for some reason gets a crazy amount of attack for a healer.

RalchAC

I would hold back with RT and shit for a bit, TBH.

Since we've reached the goal so far, they may add new tiers or something. The higher it is, the harder those new goals will be.

I know this OT isn't a big group of people, but whatever.

ggx2ac

Just to add, I'll be glad if this is the case. I was trying to level up a 4* Robin and I just don't like using him. I'd rather fill in the spot with something else.

At the moment, I am leveling up a 4* Matthew (I don't have Kagero) and he is pretty good. He can manage to survive fights because of Rogue Dagger buffing his Def/Res, he also has poison strike so it is good for getting the health down on tougher enemies.

Sölf

First max Level character got! :A

The next one will probably be either Est (36) or Elise (35), followed by Camilla (34) and Lyn (33). For the new arena season, I will probably do a series of Intermediate matches to get a higher score than last time and once I won one, I will only do hard ones for the February quest.

ggx2ac

Sölf;229870729 said:
First max Level character got! :A

The next one will probably be either Est (36) or Elise (35), followed by Camilla (34) and Lyn (33). For the new arena season, I will probably do a series of Intermediate matches to get a higher score than last time and once I won one, I will only do hard ones for the February quest.

Speaking of which, I have done every quest for February on every difficulty and that's it. You don't get anything extra for doing all of it.

Sölf

Speaking of which, I have done every quest for February on every difficulty and that's it. You don't get anything extra for doing all of it.

Still want to finish them, even if the most important ones are the kill quests due to the rewards. I already finished those though, only 6-1 and 6-5 (not the right units for those) and the arena quest are missing for me.

Qurupeke

I just saw the tweet about 10000 feathers. Great, maybe I'll be able to have a 4* to 5* sooner than I thought!

Also, I'm tier 2. Slowly but steadily!

Dragner

Is grinding important in this game? Asking before I invest myself in it.

No really. You burn your stamina fast and maps are quick. And the only thing you grind are mats for upgrade units and the most hard item to get is tied to the arena and you only can play 3 matches a day. So not a lot of time to do it.

I just saw the tweet about 10000 feathers. Great, maybe I'll be able to have a 4* to 5* sooner than I thought!

I was going to upgrade my Fae or my Camilla since I needed a green but now that I pulled hector I think I will pass on upgrading for a while.

Blablurn

No really. You burn your stamina fast and maps are quick. And the only thing you grind are mats for upgrade units and the most hard item to get is tied to the arena and you only can play 3 matches a day. So not a lot of time to do it.

Thanks for the answer!

Moonlight

Banned
Lyn finally has Galeforce. The whirlwind of death can finally rev up.

EDIT: Looking through the other skills Lyn has, I'm imagining a beautiful world where she has Vantage instead of Defiant Attack.

MicH

I just faced someone who used a 5* adult Tiki in arena. I'm pretty sure she can't be rolled as a 5* (Only 3 or 4) so that means they must've upped her rank with 20k feathers. That's crazy

rockx4

My latest orb roll resulted in five 3* :(

Orbs from story maps is getting scarce, I'm basically through all the Hard ones. Lunatic next, but the stamina requirement is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom