• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhit28

I finally got a successful defense in Arena. 1 defense nearly put me in the top feather reward bracket (250+).

jypFE7K.png

Wiseblade

My current offensive arena t seems to be doing pretty well:

5* Takumi
4* Kagero
3* Florina
3* Olivia

Kagero does critical damage to all infantry, which gives her a winning matchup against 7 out of the 8 current bonus characters. Takumi deal with the last one on top of being an absolute beast. Florina is basically a coverage pick to deal with armoured characters, but I've yet to run into a single one and she hasn't been very useful at dealing with anything else. Olivia's dancing support is just so useful when paired with characters that one-shot foes.

Ideally, I'd like to replace Florina & Olivia with Azura & Leo to give me a magical attack, and a non-infantry character to avoid getting torn apart by opposing Kagero. Hell, I might just throw in Lyn to replace Florina just to have someone who is useful in more situations.

I've rerolled maybe 30 times and saw one singel 5 star Dragon Scion Tiki... who also rolled with three 3* healers and some 3* weird yellow dude with white hair.

Continuing to reroll :/ I've spent hours not playing the game...

Zalasta

Eh, what a disappointing game. I guess I should've expected this to be gatcha first and SRPG second. The gameplay and strategy is just sorely lacking here. If it's solely about pulling the best units, I'll stick with FFBE. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a good FE mobile game to play with.

daebo

Yeah, think I'm just playing wrong, and didn't know how to reroll. I think I'm just playing with a bunch of 3 star not good characters. Can I wipe and start over?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, think I'm just playing wrong, and didn't know how to reroll. I think I'm just playing with a bunch of 3 star not good characters. Can I wipe and start over?

Sure - just make sure you delete and unlink your old game in the options, if you want to link your Nintendo account with the new game later.

Is Lissa good?

Is thier a point to have a cleric?

Good enough for a free healer - i use her. She is their to keep your Top Tiers and heavy dmg dealers alive - if you have a standard team she is helpful - if you are running around with 4 Top Tier damage 4/5* damage dealer you likely wont use her.

http://feheroes.wiki/Lissa

I will try to get my Lissa to 3* this Friday.

alcheim

Finally assembled a team of four 5*s comprised of

Lucina
Camilla
Robin
Takumi

Maybe now I can win in the Arena defense.

On a side note, how do you guys get to level 40 so quickly? I've at level 25 where the stamina cost is a bit high, so gaining levels is
very slow.

rockx4

Just noticed my Camilla has a +1 on her level, not sure how it got there. I did merge two 5* Camilla, but I can't recall if it did that. Anyone know?

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ADz9d0l.png[/IMG]

ViviOggi

Just noticed my Camilla has a +1 on her level, not sure how it got there. I did merge two 5* Camilla, but I can't recall if it did that. Anyone know?

Code:
Yup that's the bonus level from merging two same * characters

Venfayth

IMO you probably don't want a healer in your arena defense team (first one), they're almost always a free win for me.

Eh, what a disappointing game. I guess I should've expected this to be gatcha first and SRPG second. The gameplay and strategy is just sorely lacking here. If it's solely about pulling the best units, I'll stick with FFBE. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a good FE mobile game to play with.

You can easily do most of the game with just 3* and 4* units, it's just so easy to reroll until you get at least one good 5* that most people do that.

redcrayon

Good enough for a free healer - i use her. She is their to keep your Top Tiers and heavy dmg dealers alive - if you have a standard team she is helpful - if you are running around with 4 Top Tier damage 4/5* damage dealer you likely wont use her.

Another reason to have a healer is when levelling up low-level, vulnerable characters. They need to survive the battle to get the XP, but often can't survive getting hit more than once. For melee units it's useful to be able to top them back up after their turn.

Venfayth

When you say "reroll" in this thread, what exactly do you mean - summon more heroes with more Orbs? Or is there a less expensive way?

When people talk about rerolling they're almost always talking about repeatedly creating new accounts until they get a satisfactory set of units from the free rolls you get at the beginning.

I got destroyed when I faced Nowi, Takumi and a cleric behind the lines.

I can see how that might be rough. You can probably make them work, but I'm usually able to draw a healer out alone and kill them for free.

Wiseblade

When you say "reroll" in this thread, what exactly do you mean - summon more heroes with more Orbs? Or is there a less expensive way?

When people refer to rerolling, they specifically mean uninstalling and reinstalling the game to roll with the initial free orbs available to get the best start possible.

Sölf

Instead of connecting your Nintendo account with the game, they play the beginning of the game until they have 20 orbs. Then they either uninstall the game and reinstall it and do it again or, when they are happy with what they got on their first pull, they start to actually play the game.

Sölf

Code:

Jesus. Compare her stats to mine, who is a 4*.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mFLNxeQ.png[/img]

So there really is quite a difference at max level for different rarity versions. Holy shit.

Ponn

Banned
Got enough to pull another 5. Still needed red/swords and best was a 3* Stahl. Turns out he's pretty good as a sword though, can cover distance. When I get another 1000 feather I may promote either him or Olivia now, her dance is really useful though.

Oh yea, pulled 5* Takumi too. Jesus do I find him annoying but holy shit he's a one man wrecking crew. Like it's on easy mode now.

Does leveling with shards hinder stat growth or do they gain stats the same way they would regular leveling?

sense

I don't see any new skills to learn for virion at 4 stars. He has been a real savior for me in a lot of situations. Does going 5 stars unlock new skills to learn or just stat boosts? I figured it would show in the learn skills section if there are any 5 star specific ones.

c-murph

I don't see any new skills to learn for virion at 4 stars. He has been a real savior for me in a lot of situations. Does going 5 stars unlock new skills to learn or just stat boosts? I figured it would show in the learn skills section if there are any 5 star specific ones.

Good luck getting 20,000 Feathers.

Dragner

I will need to level my units to have a chance in arena. In advance all have 4+ levels over me. My units are around 35. Will have to do a final push. Been leveling Hector he is 33 now and already my best stated unit. A fucking Beast.

Shinypogs

Oh man swapping out lissa for olivia in arena has been amazing. Shit dies so fast now I always have the unit advantage. Doubt I'll get ranked this or any season ever but 700-1k feathers a week is enough for me.

vgamer1

Started playing through with 5* Child Tiki - She's crazy, but starting to hit limits at chapter 6 in the story now.

Should I do the training missions to level up?

Pachimari

Pull 10: Oboro 4*
Pull 11: Barat 4*
Pull 12: Eliwood 3*
Pull 13: Shanna 3*

Pull 14: Frederick 4*
Pull 15: Frederick 4*
Pull 16: Sophia 3*
Pull 17: Stahl 3*

Time for yet another reroll...

Dragner

Started playing through with 5* Child Tiki - She's crazy, but starting to hit limits at chapter 6 in the story now.

Should I do the training missions to level up?

You should do all the tower you can anyway. Its half price now and it gives orbs to upgrade your 4* units to 5*. Story is always there. Half price tower not.

emag

How often can you greet friends? The button just lit up for the first time today.

Don't give up, brothers of misfortune. You probably haven't seen the worst yet:)

Seriously, I don't think anyone can beat me in this Worst Pull Ever contest:)

I don't think I've had any pulls without a 4 star character, but 3 star Azama is my only healer and I got him recently (along with my first red pulls). With 29 unique characters, only two have been 5 star. Thankfully, Robin is one of them. Raven is the other, but he's far less useful than many of my 3-4 star characters and even some of the 2 star starters.

kswiston

I almost lost an arena fight for the first time. It was one of those shitty maps with the columns and water pool tiles all over the place, and the enemy had a Takumi that was clearly superior to mine (along with Lyn, Elise, and Catria).

Elise and Catria were almost non-factors, but I had to sacrifice my Kagero to take down Lyn.

Takumi was a beast... my Chrom was the only unit that could tank a hit from him. I then had to sacrifice my Camilla to set him in a better position, and allow Chrom to attack and lower his life a bit (taking a hit in the process). That left the enemy Takumi with a skill timer of 1 and too much HP for either of my remaining characters to take out before being annihilated by vengeance (and giving him the next turn initiative to finish me off).

I skipped my turn and let him attack my Takumi first. He doubled my unit, but I got another attack in before Takumi died. I was then able to finish the map with Chrom (who had 6hp left).

As result, I got about the worst single map arena score that you can get at the advanced level with 2 bonus characters (404 or something like that. Score is definitely tied to how many characters survive and probably remaining health as well). Any map with some room to move would have gone differently.

PtM

Banned
I think just like Miitomo, all three accounts have to get 10k retweets otherwise it doesn't count.
Everyone gets 10,000 Hero Feathers in #FEHeroes if we hit 10,000 global RTs by 03:59 CET on 08/02. @FE_Heroes_JP @NintendoAmerica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom