• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

According to Altema, Azura now on SS tier together with Hector and Takumi.. Holy shit

I can totally believe it, mainly because Dance is very underrated. I've been considering ditching one of my 5* units to slide 4* Olivia back into the lineup. I have Takumi, so giving him two moves a turn is incredibly devastating.

It's funny, I have a team of all SS or S tier 5* heroes, haven't paid a dime, and I'm still not satisfied.

Quixzlizx

I'm trying to decide who to boost up to 4* first. My party is currently 5* Young Tiki and Takumi, and then some rotation of 3* F-Corrin, 3* Saizo, and 3* Serra. I think Corrin would be the one out of these to eventually promote to 5*, but I'm not sure whether F-Corrin or Saizo should be boosted up to 4* first. It's not helping that blue badges are the only ones I don't have 20 of, so I kind of just want to boost Saizo right now :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can totally believe it, mainly because Dance is very underrated. I've been considering ditching one of my 5* units to slide 4* Olivia back into the lineup. I have Takumi, so giving him two moves a turn is incredibly devastating.

It's funny, I have a team of all SS or S tier 5* heroes, haven't paid a dime, and I'm still not satisfied.

Oh Cerium, do you have a team of all SS or S tier 5* heroes? Did not know that ;)

Cerium

I'm trying to decide who to boost up to 4* first. My party is currently 5* Young Tiki and Takumi, and then some rotation of 3* F-Corrin, 3* Saizo, and 3* Serra. I think Corrin would be the one out of these to eventually promote to 5*, but I'm not sure whether F-Corrin or Saizo should be boosted up to 4* first. It's not helping that blue badges are the only ones I don't have 20 of, so I kind of just want to boost Saizo right now :lol

Do not spend feathers on anyone but F-Corrin or Anna.

F-Corrin is S Tier even at 4*. We've even had some reports of people coming across a 5* version (some whale paid a lot for that) and it's totally ridiculous.

Shinypogs

Fem Corrin is one of two units that are worth spending feathers on all the way to 5*.

Shit I wish I had a Fem Corrin.

I mean I'm not saying she's awful, just that I'm worried she won't be as much of a power house as I was hoping for ( though I know part of her power comes from the ridiculous buffs and debuffs she provides) and I've had a few units go sour on me to the point that they could only do damage to units so far below their level they didn't get exp from it. I'm just scared of investing in a character if I'm not sure of the return. I can always grind her up to 30ish while waiting for the feathers and see how she looks closer to capping.

Marth is first in line for getting upgraded to 5* since he really needs his falchion for the bonus dmg and healing but if Corrin is gonna turn out okay she'll be next on my list provided I don't pull anyone more desirable during the next banners. I secretly want an all dragon team at some point and an all villain team and an all camus archetype team and all jagen archetype and... fuck this is how they take my money isn't it?

Here is my 4-star Fem Corrin at around the same level for comparison

Interesting, the biggest difference not accounted for by level variation is mine is sorely lacking HP and has better res. I suppose a -HP + res version isn't too bad then.

Quixzlizx

Do not spend feathers on anyone but F-Corrin or Anna.

F-Corrin is S Tier even at 4*. We've even had some reports of people coming across a 5* version (some whale paid a lot for that) and it's totally ridiculous.

I mean, I understand why I shouldn't be promoting units up to 5* willy-nilly, but I think 2000 feathers is an OK cost to have my party at 4*+. The 4* units I've pulled so far have been filler-tier, and having an arena party that's like 5-10% more powerful than it would've been will probably pay back my investment in a few weeks.

The RNG fairy hasn't blessed me yet like it has some of you :p

Why is it a good idea to spend feathers on Anna, anyway?

Also, do the favored/disfavored stats reset when you evolve?

soultron

Banned
Do you guys auto battle the closest to your current level, or do you go +3 levels for your stage? Auto battle seems to always get my team wiped.

If I have 1 or 2 5* chars on my team, I sometimes do +3 of their level. It usually helps any lower level 4* chars I have on my team. I only really do this for <Lv20 though.

kswiston

I mean I'm not saying she's awful, just that I'm worried she won't be as much of a power house as I was hoping for ( though I know part of her power comes from the ridiculous buffs and debuffs she provides) and I've had a few units go sour on me to the point that they could only do damage to units so far below their level they didn't get exp from it. I'm just scared of investing in a character if I'm not sure of the return. I can always grind her up to 30ish while waiting for the feathers and see how she looks closer to capping.

Marth is first in line for getting upgraded to 5* since he really needs his falchion for the bonus dmg and healing but if Corrin is gonna turn out okay she'll be next on my list provided I don't pull anyone more desirable during the next banners. I secretly want an all dragon team at some point and an all villain team and an all camus archetype team and all jagen archetype and... fuck this is how they take my money isn't it?

Interesting, the biggest difference not accounted for by level variation is mine is sorely lacking HP and has better res. I suppose a -HP + res version isn't too bad then.

Can you post your roster? I personally wouldn't bother upgrading Marth unless you are really hurting for a sword unit (which there seem to be a billion of).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can you post your roster? I personally wouldn't bother upgrading Marth unless you are really hurting for a sword unit (which there seem to be a billion of).

If I could go back in time, I would probably think about starting with something other than a sword unit (even though I heart Lyn). I have so many swords now... they need to balance the draws out a bet.

Cerium

Oh Cerium, do you have a team of all SS or S tier 5* heroes? Did not know that ;)

I should print billboard advertisements.

Why is it a good idea to spend feathers on Anna, anyway?
At 5* she's one of the best green units you can get right now and she has some unique abilities no other unit has.

Sharena can also be a decent investment if you're hurting for a blue powerhouse.

DigtialT

Now is the best chance to get him so if you gotta have him, keep rerollingggggg. He really is ridiculous.

You say this and I just got him on my first pull of the day. Why oh why couldn't this have been on my iPhone instead ;-;
FDl5kew.jpg

So I started this game without looking at tier lists or rerolling... and my first 2 rolls were Hector and Takumi. Now I see they're both top tier &#128514;
I'd imagine the later hard mode maps must be impossible without broken characters?

Fireblend

Banned
About to reach 60 orbs. The temptation to try to get Takumi is high T_T but I'm sure there will be a similarly desirable and more powerful unit in the future. I don't need him, I don't need him....

Totakeke

Anna only has 22 defense at 5* lvl 40. I wouldn't call her a good investment for feathers unless you plan to use her to hunt mages... and maybe dragons.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Christ it costs a lot of feathers to move someone up one star. How the hell do you guys get so many feathers?

Shinypogs

Here you go. I actually had to roll for a sword unit yesterday since my previous one ( lon'qu developed a serious case of the noodle arm) and I had swapped him out for saizo.

Glix

Just started playing on iphone yesterday

Redeemed by 10 orbs from my nintendo, gave me 20 time for gatcha!

PULLED A FIVE STAR LYN woooooooooooooooooooo

PS game is fucking great.

Dispatch

I rerolled until I pulled a good hero, which was Hector. Then, I upgraded my castle for the XP boost. However, with my second 20 orb pull, I got Takumi.
I should play the lottery.

Moaradin

Kinda hit a wall at the end of chapter 5. Level 12 story mission. The heroes I have leveled up aren't doing it for me. And I'm not getting orbs quick enough to get new heroes or the crystals to level them up.

Any good tips for this kinda game? How much orbs should I save up before going for more heroes? Should I start leveling up my castle?

evangd007

After a string of truly terrible pulls, and I mean pulls of majority 3* with no useful 4* and a ton of dupes, after my 5* rate climbed to 4.25% each, I pull:

5* Takumi
5* CorrinM
4* Selena
4* Florina
3* Draug

Finally.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Oh my god, I finally did it

HAAGP57.png

Took me at least 100 rerolls over the past three days, pretty much nonstop while I've been off work and not with my gf.

Decided I was going to go until I got a start with at least two 5 stars I either personally like or are high-tier by the second batch of heroes.

This one started with Lyn (my absolute favorite) and Peri, which I was already pretty close to keeping despite not being super psyched for Peri. Then Camilla came out of the second batch and I couldn't believe it, another favorite of mine completing the weapon triangle and finally putting me totally at ease that I could keep a save and play!!

Anyway, sitting at 20 orbs for the third time now and trying to decide what to do. I've played some with Takumi by himself and I'd really like to get him. However, I already have 2/4 devotion focus heroes that I want, so going the other direction gives me less of a chance for dupes.

Think I should focus on Tak? Should I just pop greys from devotion or all 5?

Out of 25-30 units I only have 1 green, Anna, the starting axe lady. I have enough for a full set of pulls but am debating doing single pulls until I find that apparently elusive green orb. But I'm getting by fine right now without more green heroes, and they'll come eventually so maybe I just keep with quantity of pulls using the discount since it will balance out eventually. Bah!

Wiseblade

For arena, is it better to go for risky match up or play it safe to ensure a chain
At the start of the season? Go big. The only way to really rake in feathers is by getting a chain of seven advanced wins while using a bonus character. I guess you could do a safety run first and spend the rest of the week going for a high score, but people's teams are only going to get better with time.

proccor

Neo Member
Kinda hit a wall at the end of chapter 5. Level 12 story mission. The heroes I have leveled up aren't doing it for me. And I'm not getting orbs quick enough to get new heroes or the crystals to level them up.

Any good tips for this kinda game? How much orbs should I save up before going for more heroes? Should I start leveling up my castle?

First thing I did after my initial pull was spend orbs on castle upgrades. 26 orbs to max your castle for a permanent 100% exp in battles.

What does your roster look like? Are you stacking too much of 1 color or 1 type?

Glix

I used the training tower to bridge the gap. Leveled up a few low guys that I wanted to add to the team. I think I was even stuck at the same spot.

Glix

The cutscene shows up when you pull 4* versions of characters also. The true tease.

Oh! I had no idea, my five* Lyn was the first cutscene I got unless maybe I wasn't paying attention.

I don't think I got one for my 4* Corrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom