• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Oh my god, I finally did it

HAAGP57.png

Took me at least 100 rerolls over the past three days, pretty much nonstop while I've been off work and not with my gf.

Decided I was going to go until I got a start with at least two 5 stars I either personally like or are high-tier by the second batch of heroes.

This one started with Lyn (my absolute favorite) and Peri, which I was already pretty close to keeping despite not being super psyched for Peri. Then Camilla came out of the second batch and I couldn't believe it, another favorite of mine completing the weapon triangle and finally putting me totally at ease that I could keep a save and play!!

Anyway, sitting at 20 orbs for the third time now and trying to decide what to do. I've played some with Takumi by himself and I'd really like to get him. However, I already have 2/4 devotion focus heroes that I want, so going the other direction gives me less of a chance for dupes.

Think I should focus on Tak? Should I just pop greys from devotion or all 5?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT TAKUMI JUST FOUND ME

Dragner

They should have done cutscenes at least for all the base 5*. The sudden Ryoma ot Hector is not that epic without a badass intro.

DigtialT

Okay so I just did an experiment and found our your game data, if you link it to your Nintendo Account, can be transferred between Android and IOS versions of the game. Downside, stuck with the name Kiran now but at least I got Takumi and Hector.

Edit: Orbs do not transfer over

Cerium

Okay so I just did an experiment and found our your game data, if you link it to your Nintendo Account, can be transferred between Android and IOS versions of the game. Downside, stuck with the name Kiran now but at least I got Takumi and Hector.
I thought you could change the name?

centracore

Misc. -> FAQ/Etc. -> Change Nickname

XaosWolf

20 Orbs, Gatcha time, 5 3* scrubs.

Sigh. 40 SP for Gordin at least. I think I spent all my luck on the initial 5* Azura at launch and yesterdays 5* Roy.

Hmm I have a big case of mixed feelings - I got my 4th 5* but it is a Roy :(

At least we will get 10k features for free so i'll be able to upgrade my 4* Camilla soon.

Achtius

At the start of the season? Go big. The only way to really rake in feathers is by getting a chain of seven advanced wins while using a bonus character. I guess you could do a safety run first and spend the rest of the week going for a high score, but people's teams are only going to get better with time.

Thank. Just won 3 advanced. I think going to try 3 more, if I win those, I'll finish with intermediate to ensure chain

Baliis

Man I just cannot find a good fourth for my team. Camilla Takumi and Florina are all working well for me, but they're all very squishy. I feel like I need someone to bait out attacks for me or a healer but I haven't gotten any. I pulled eliwood and kinda like him, but he has no def and just melts, plus low speed so he can't double attack. Might try to level him a bit more still and see hour it goes though.

Man, I thought I played this game a lot, until I come on here and see all these 5 star Golds and suddenly realize, I'm no where near playing this game enough.

Quixzlizx

I don't know if it was missed or it isn't known yet, but does anyone know whether your +/- stats reset when you evolve?

Because I'm pretty sure my 3* F/Corrin is +HP/-RES, which seems pretty garbage.

Qwark

Does it matter the order that you pick the orbs? For example, if I have 3 greens, 1 red, and 1 blue available to summon, should I pick the red one last for a greater chance at a 5 star Marth? Or doesn't that matter at all?

Nintendo ain't getting a dime from me until they make their apps playable offline.

Also, I feel Fire Emblem is approaching a level of animu that I might not be able to handle anymore.

Is the ability of healing 8 HP with multiple allies broken? It seems like it only heals one ally.

Also, Is there a GAF list of friends to add? Is there any positive to adding friends?

Totakeke

What???

The in-game help only says 2x for one dude. Fuck I was wondering how many successful rng defenses it would take to hit the highest rank after capping out at 3.5k offense.

Pretty sure that has been proven wrong. Only one unit is sufficient. It's unclear what determines the range of score you can get other than having one bonus unit, but losing units in the battle reduces your score by 60 for each lost.

woopWOOP

My Draug has a brave sword, so it doesn't really need that speed. So ofcourse for 5 levels in a row I had his speed stat go up while his defense stat just sat there. His defense isn't much higher than my regular swordsmen now, the only thing setting them apart is that he moves just 1 tile a turn and gets creamed by anything long range. Sigh

Anyway, since upgrading 2* to 3* is so cheap I'll probably end up upgrading a bunch of those special map rewards instead of saving up for that one 4*-5* upgrade. It's more fun to have a big stack of units with different abilities, plus I'll have some units to level in meantime :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm beginning to think that healers aren't so good in PvP. I'm gonna try all offense from now on.

MegaPanda

Anyway, since upgrading 2* to 3* is so cheap I'll probably end up upgrading a bunch of those special map rewards instead of saving up for that one 4*-5* upgrade. It's more fun to have a big stack of units with different abilities, plus I'll have some units to level in meantime :p

Yeah, I had the same idea. It costs peanuts to upgrade them and by the time you can 4* them, they'll have truckloads of SP just from leveling up. No need to feed them kills for SP

Kitoro

it seems this game is finally available in my country but my cell is listed as incompatible (moto g third gen) does anybody knows what are the hardware specs needed?

edit: Oh, I saw that I need 2 GB ram, darn it, well I guess I'll skip this for now

I think if you download the .apk outside of Google Play, you'll be fine!

Pachimari

Pull 18: Matthew 3*
Pull 19: Raigh 3*
Pull 20: Hana 3*
Pull 21: Marth 4*

I'm gonna give this game until pull 50 before I just give up on getting a 5* base... Here's to another reroll fuck.

Gotchaye

Does it matter the order that you pick the orbs? For example, if I have 3 greens, 1 red, and 1 blue available to summon, should I pick the red one last for a greater chance at a 5 star Marth? Or doesn't that matter at all?

I don't think we really know how the colors and characters are generated, but I doubt that order matters. The most plausible theory I've seen is that as soon as you go to the summon screen five random rarities are determined, then characters are randomly chosen from those rarities, and then their colors determine the color of the stones. The implication is that you are about three times as likely to get a 5* from a red stone vs a green stone on Legendary Heroes. You have about a 10% chance of getting a 5* from a random red stone, 6% from a random blue stone, and 3.5% from a random green stone.

Quonny

I don't think we really know how the colors and characters are generated, but I doubt that order matters. The most plausible theory I've seen is that as soon as you go to the summon screen five random rarities are determined, then characters are randomly chosen from those rarities, and then their colors determine the color of the stones. The implication is that you are about three times as likely to get a 5* from a red stone vs a green stone on Legendary Heroes. You have about a 10% chance of getting a 5* from a random red stone, 6% from a random blue stone, and 3.5% from a random green stone.

This is almost assuredly correct seeing as how any other way could potentially get them in deep trouble, especially in Japan.

I wish combining lower star cards of the same character did more then just give special points, it's a huge waste because you get way more special then you ever need from normal leveling.

Nintendo ain't getting a dime from me until they make their apps playable offline.

Also, I feel Fire Emblem is approaching a level of animu that I might not be able to handle anymore.

gacha games require strict online checks to stop cheating, heroes is not going to be an offline game at all.

Quonny

I wish combining lower star cards of the same character did more then just give special points, it's a huge waste because you get way more special then you ever need from normal leveling.

Characters should have a special meter, call it a fusion meter.

1* gives 1 fusion exp
2* gives 5 fusion exp
3* gives 20 fusion exp
etc etc

+0 > +1 requires 10 fusion exp
+1 > +2 requires 25 fusion exp
etc etc

Tada. A slow grind but something that isn't worthless SP.

Peléo

Been leveling up a 4* Henry since I don't have other Red or Magic good options. So far he has been pretty much garbage. Although quite resilient, his attacks barely scratch the opponent and most of his kills come from his Special Skill. Currently on Level 24, should I keep going or just wait for a better option in a future roll ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom