• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's the over/under on them making special variants of characters (other than M/F versions of certain ones) with unique abilities? For example, Masked Lucina, etc.

It's a certainty (I think people have datamined stuff already) and while I hate it in Dokkan, I would welcome it here. I'm waiting for Santa Hector.

jwhit28

Holy crap, 20k feathers to ascend a character!? How do you possibly get so many?
You either get it by sending units home, or playing the arena. In arena you are rewarded for your attacks, your defenses, and your rank. So every week you should get between 4000-5000 just by finishing a streak of 7 straight wins in intermediate. I have to say this is the first time I enjoyed arena in a game like this. Brave Exvius' arena was terrible.

Cerium

It's a massive secret.

Cerium obviously needs to post them again so all the world can see.

I'm thinking the only way to go from here is to go bigger with their full size portraits, posted individually.

After that maybe I'll have to get them printed on canvas and framed, hang them on my wall, and then take a picture of that to show you.

Eventually I'll have to look into projecting them onto the side of a building. I wonder what that costs. Probably less than 140 orbs.

Azuran

Banned
It's so nice to have a full pull where you don't regret doing it. Bartrie was the first one to pop up so I thought it was going to be more of the same terrible luck, but I'm glad I was proven wrong. I got lots of useful units to work on for the future.

C4FeSA3WcAILCLw.jpg

Uthred

Welp, farmed all the free orbs available in the game and blew them on pulls, still only have the two 5* I started with (well, thats not technically true, I did get a dupe Camilla). I know I probably should have hoarded but honestly I dont see the next batch of units having something better than Takumi who I feel is going to be dominant in PvP for a while.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Yes, that's the only way to get them right now. Wait until the right day, or do it on the weekend when the badges you get are randomized.

Hm ok. Thanks for the answer. Unfortunate though since I just got my Sharena to level 20 to unlock and then realized I couldn't get any blue badges yesterday or today :(.

evangd007

so i have a corrinF 4* and cordelia 4*. Which should i upgrade first to 5*? Both are top tier, blue and are only available at 4*.. help is appreciated.

They're both blue melee but they fill different roles. Cordelia is straight physical dps while CorrinF deals magic damage and has better support skills. Out of those, which is more useful to your team(s)?

not including the giveaway retweet thing nintendo are doing, arena is the fastest way (rank high each week and get a few k feathers) or sending high star units home, friends give you feathers daily if they greet but its drops in the bucket.

Im on twitter, what is this retweet thing?

KlotePino

I've got a 4* Robin at level 28 or something and just rolled my first 5 star....another Robin. Well he is pretty good so I'm rolling with it. However should I merge the 4* into the 5* and will it transfer his level, SP etc? I still have a decent amount of SP on the 4* Robin and its all really confusing to me whether or not its worth going with the merge and how it affects the 5* Robin.

Azuran

Banned
I've got a 4* Robin at level 28 or something and just rolled my first 5 star....another Robin. Well he is pretty good so I'm rolling with it. However should I merge the 4* into the 5* and will it transfer his level, SP etc? I still have a decent amount of SP on the 4* Robin and its all really confusing to me whether or not its worth going with the merge and how it affects the 5* Robin.

Make one of them go home to get some feathers. You'll get enough SP in a shorter amount of time so fusing it's not as useful unless you really want to get a certain skill ASAP.

The other option is to wait, get your Robin to 5* and then fuse them together.

Kouriozan

You either get it by sending units home, or playing the arena. In arena you are rewarded for your attacks, your defenses, and your rank. So every week you should get between 4000-5000 just by finishing a streak of 7 straight wins in intermediate. I have to say this is the first time I enjoyed arena in a game like this. Brave Exvius' arena was terrible.

In Brave Exvius you have no chances to be in the top if you don't play every 4/5 hours, even at night, so I'm with you here.
My first major roll for the game.

Gratz on your new unit!

gYb27HR.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
In Brave Exvius you have no chances to be in the top if you don't play every 4/5 hours, even at night, so I'm with you here.

The awesomeness of how FEH does PvP/Arena cannot be overstated. If you've ever played another gacha that had PvP/Arena, it can be extremely, EXTREMELY, time consuming. This way is so much better.

Of course, the main issue I have is that we can only do it 3 times a day. Hopefully that will be fixed. I don't need all 3 to regenerate per hour, but we should be able to get a 7 win streak in one day.

ccbfan

Welp, farmed all the free orbs available in the game and blew them on pulls, still only have the two 5* I started with (well, thats not technically true, I did get a dupe Camilla). I know I probably should have hoarded but honestly I dont see the next batch of units having something better than Takumi who I feel is going to be dominant in PvP for a while.

Honestly start over. That's what I did. (When I had 1 5* after 19 rolls)

The current content takes a very short mount of time to finish. So going forward you really have nothing else to do other than grind.

Rerolling sucks through.

Uthred

Honestly start over. That's what I did. (When I had 1 5* after 19 rolls)

The current content takes a very short mount of time to finish. So going forward you really have nothing else to do other than grind.

Rerolling sucks through.

I would have but already spent money so locked in, not really that annoyed, I've enough 4*'s to finish the content and I don't care about PvP. The two 5* I do have (Camilla and Linde) seem fairly good. So I shall heroically soldier on ;)

Azuran

Banned

Gratz on your new unit!

gYb27HR.png

Hawkeye is legit. He has insane attack and his special is pretty crazy. The low DEF doesn't matter much either considering he debuffs Atk by 5 every turn. Only his bad speed lets him down but who needs that when he's wrecking fools in one turn?!

MutFox

Banned
All my 5*'s are red... :\
Lyn, Tiki (Young), Lilina...

At least they're sorta different... sword, dragon and mage...

Hey guys, I've read through some of the tooltips a couple times and am lost on most aspects of character progression.

Here's what I understand:
-Leveling up and getting stat boosts.
-Buying skills with SP

But beyond that, I'm at a loss. I don't really get:

-Feathers
-Unleashing potential
-Merging
-Crystals

I've just kind of been grinding to level up my units enough to finish story mode. Not sure about the optimal ways to use feathers/crystals/badges(?). Can anyone help me?

Azuran

Banned
Hawkeye is really solid if properly supported by magic casters and heals

My Hawkeye is supported by Nowi (DEF Rally) and Ryoma (Speed) so he's pretty crazy. I just pull Minerva but I might continue using him over her because he's so useful.

My new male Robin will make sure to help him out when he runs into reds and colorless.

Edit: Oh man, Robin also grants DEF every turn. This changes everything. This might even be useful with Minerva and her low ass DEF. My future is looking bright after that pull.

NawtKool

Neo Member
Hey guys, I've read through some of the tooltips a couple times and am lost on most aspects of character progression.

-Buying skills with SP

-Feathers
-Unleashing potential
-Merging
-Crystals

I've just kind of been grinding to level up my units enough to finish story mode. Not sure about the optimal ways to use feathers/crystals/badges(?). Can anyone help me?

From what I understand:
-Feathers: 1 component to unleashing potential. (The other being badges)
-Unleashing(unlocking) Potential: Moving a unit's rarity up by 1 star. Unit keeps SP and skills unlocked, but is reset to lvl 1 otherwise.
-Merging: Combines 2 allies of the same name. Same ranked allies result in a stat boost of 1 (max of 2 in each stat I've heard), otherwise, it's just gained SP. I don't know if unlocking potential resets the stat boost, so beware?
-Crystals: Levels units of the same crystal color (universal crystals can be used by anyone). Does not provide SP.

I might be wrong or unsure of some things, but someone will probably correct me :p

Iryx

-Buying skills with SP

-Feathers
-Unleashing potential
-Merging
-Crystals

Feathers and Unleashing Potential is basically the same, once you get a character to level 20+ you can pay a fee in feathers and badges to increase the star ranking and reset the level to 1. The cost in feathers is 200 for 2*->3*, 2000 for 3*->4* and 20000 for 4* to 5*.
Merging is combining two of the same character and gives a bonus depending on their ranking, at the same rank it gives you SP and 2 bonus stats, merging with a lower rank only gives SP. Bonus stats don't carry over if you rank up, but it will reduce feather cost.
Crystals is basically bonus exp that you can distribute. 1 Crystal = 1 EXP.

1upsuper

I keep getting error code 803-3001 in nox whenever I restart my computer and try to play again. Do other nox users have this problem? Thankfully I linked my account but I'm not sure what to do besides reinstall constantly.

Cerium

Anybody who has Fem Corrin, can you post a shot of her dragon transformation?

I'm curious what the sprite looks like.

Muramasa

They're both blue melee but they fill different roles. Cordelia is straight physical dps while CorrinF deals magic damage and has better support skills. Out of those, which is more useful to your team(s)?
I have
Lucina 5*
Raven 4*
Serra 3*
I would prefer corrinF, except that she runs the same atk boost as serra. But i will need to exchange serra anyway sometime in the future.
Choosing between to be crushed by a bow or a falchion is hard.

Iceman829

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list my id is 956 247 1479. I have no idea if my leader matters, but I have a Takumi, Merric and Robin 5*

Yoday

I had five orbs, decided to throw it in the grinder because I desperately needed a green character, and pulled a 5* Camilla!

Venfayth

You get badges from completing missions in the training tower, the rewards changed based on the weekday:

Monday - You get NOTHING!
Tuesday - Red
Wednesday - Blue
Thursday - Green
Friday - Coloreless
Saturday - Random
Sunday - Random

I might have Blue and Green backwards.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Are a unit's stat growths some sort of predetermined RNG roll? I've run two different missions (failed at one) and gotten the same level up stat increases for multiple characters.

FireVoa

So Gaf here's my dilemma, my original account has 5 star Lyn, Tharja, Roy, and Takumi. I don't think Roy is a very good unit (needs a buff) and is replaceable in the future.

Today I decided to reroll just for fun and hit the jackpot with a 5 star Camilla, Tharja, Nowi, and 4 star Maria. Which account is looking like the more promising one? Or should I just play both?

You get badges from completing missions in the training tower, the rewards changed based on the weekday:

Monday - You get NOTHING!
Tuesday - Red
Wednesday - Blue
Thursday - Green
Friday - Coloreless
Saturday - Random
Sunday - Random

I might have Blue and Green backwards.
That get nothing on Monday is kind of weird. Maybe it should be get feathers or potentially a chance to get a random item.

So Gaf here's my dilemma, my original account has 5 star Lyn, Tharja, Roy, and Takumi. I don't think Roy is a very good unit (needs a buff) and is replaceable in the future.

Today I decided to reroll just for fun and hit the jackpot with a 5 star Camilla, Tharja, Nowi, and 4 star Maria. Which account is looking like the more promising one? Or should I just play both?
I would stick with your first account because Takumi is too much of a power house to let slip by.

Cerium

Hard to say. The second one has better balance, but the first one has Takumi.

Go with your gut.

Takumi is the best unit in the game.I'd go with that one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally got a 5-star unit on a reroll - Lyn. Looks like she's pretty good?

I almost don't believe people who are getting 2+ 5-star on a single roll. I've had worse gatcha luck on this game than I've had on anything other than FF Exvius, which has the worst rates of all time.

The one with Takumi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom