• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need a Green unit that is better than 3* for God's sake. I don't think I'll be 3* upgrades after all, especially after the incoming 10,000 Feathers.

Advanced Arena is insane! To think that I was actually getting the quest done was crazy.

Guys, I'm fucking embarassed by the luck I have. I wanted to try pull a takumi since it's so OP, first roll was only reds and I dropped a 4* marth...second pull still nothing...on the third...
ydc5L3Q.png

Dragner

Takumi can't one shot robin with those stats you are lying or playing the match up horribly and and attacking first for some reason.

Takumi's typically hit my robin for 8-12 damage I only have 4 higher def than you

Idk why then my robin probably ends up death or almost death from the encounter. Maybe you have buffs idk. I wont lie about doing terribly in arena I dont win anything from that. And yeah I can probably play it better. But with only 3 sworda a day I cant practice my strat.

Scum

Quick question. Is it best to Unlock Potential the moment a character hits lvl 20 or would it best to wait until much later, like at lvl 40?

redcrayon

Quick question. Is it best to Unlock Potential the moment a character hits lvl 20 or would it best to wait until much later, like at lvl 40?
As soon as possible if you plan on promoting them as high as possible. It's easier for them to gain more skill points when they are at the lower level of their new star level and you'll still have more than enough SP to gain everything you want.

If you plan on saving the feathers/badges for better units, and are just levelling your reserves to fill skill gaps in your lineup vs specific opponents (example: you want an archer for vs fliers but only have a 3* one), then I wouldn't bother promoting them- you'll probably draw one of the high-level archers eventually and a level 40 2* or 3* will still kill fliers even if they aren't as powerful as a 5* one.

Another reason I wouldn't do it is if you are doing it to more than one unit in your main teams at once and this can't field a reasonable lineup while they level back up, but that's quite unlikely.

Avalt

Can't stand the arena in this game. Tying feathers behind the troll PVP wall is really dumb. Here's hoping they add other ways to earn them in decent quantities.

MSScaeva

Neo Member

Unlocking potential just turns the unit into a Lv1 of the next rank up. Extra levels won't do anything, though the extra SP you get will mean you can start unlocking the new skills right away. And if they're contributing to your team at their current rank, you might as well use them.

Impulsor

Current scores for Arena:

3800+ Attack
256 Defense
Position 2400 something

Nice!

I suppose I won't hold on to that high of a position with so much time remaining though.

Wiseblade

It depends, promoting early mans you have access to the higher stats sooner, but you lose out on the opportunity to gain more skill points. For example, a 5* Lyn doesn't actually gain enough skill points over 40 levels to learn all of her skills. it might be worth only unlocking a character's potential once they've learned all their currently available skills.

Gotchaye

So bringing a low leveled dancer compared to the rest of your team into arena breaks the difficulty. I have two units in their early to mid 30's one in his late 20's and a level 21 olivia. Even on intermediate most enemies are mid to low twenties. Which just lets my team sweep thrrough them and I feel a bit bad. I'm still not playing against advanced opponents enough to get ranked but hey a guaranteed 1600 feathers a week is enough for me.

Huh, I wonder how manipulable this is. I know it's somehow scaling arena opponents to your level but if the game is just trying to put you up against a team at the same average level, you probably don't need a Dancer to abuse it. After I finish out the current streak I'm on I might try going into Arena with 3 level 40s and a level 1. Level 40s will crush level 30s in a 3v4.

ggx2ac

3800+ Attack
256 Defense
Position 2400 something

Nice!

I suppose I won't hold on to that high of a position with so much time remaining though.

4018 offense. My original rank was around 701 and is now 1437.

I'm guessing the highest score you can get is 4200 because I never got more than 600 points for an advanced stage. Unless I am forgetting if the awarded points could go higher than that.

Gotchaye

4018 offense. My original rank was around 701 and is now 1437.

I'm guessing the highest score you can get is 4200 because I never got more than 600 points for an advanced stage. Unless I am forgetting if the awarded points could go higher than that.

I'm getting up to about 650 for an advanced win where all four characters survive, with the whole team consisting of the boosted characters. I'll be at about 4400 if I ace the seventh battle once my attempts refresh.

ggx2ac

Huh, I wonder how manipulable this is. I know it's somehow scaling arena opponents to your level but if the game is just trying to put you up against a team at the same average level, you probably don't need a Dancer to abuse it. After I finish out the current streak I'm on I might try going into Arena with 3 level 40s and a level 1. Level 40s will crush level 30s in a 3v4.

I used 3 level 40 characters and 1 level 22 character and it was the same opponents related to level because their level 20 character was Olivia or Azura.

I'm getting up to about 650 for an advanced win where all four characters survive, with the whole team consisting of the boosted characters. I'll be at about 4400 if I ace the seventh battle once my attempts refresh.

I'm still doubting having more than 1 bonus hero affects the bonus score.

The score I mentioned had only two bonus heroes and the level 22 character.

Although I don't know yet what factors affecting max score other than having surviving with the whole team.

Maybe the enemies have to be extremely tough in win streak or level composition to give out 650+ scores in advanced.

Wiseblade

The argument is that starting with a 5* isn't going to let you keep up with the whales that will be dominating the arena before long or clearing the lunatic challenges tailored for them in a few months.

I disagree with the notion. Starting with a 5* makes going through the normal campaign an absolute breeze, with just generally reduces the amount of grinding players need to do to go through the standard stuff.

3800+ Attack
256 Defense
Position 2400 something

Nice!

3200+ Offence
236 Defence
Rank 10,377

I'll be lucky if this score keeps me in the top 100,000. Time to spend the rest of the week gunning for a 7 advanced win chain.

Malakhov

Banned
The argument is that starting with a 5* isn't going to let you keep up with the whales that will be dominating the arena before long or clearing the lunatic challenges tailored for them in a few months.

I disagree with the notion. Starting with a 5* makes going through the normal campaign an absolute breeze, with just generally reduces the amount of grinding players need to do to go through the standard stuff.
I see. Thanks.

TFW you summon a new unit... see Robin's Intro Animation.... and he's 3*. lol

I'm surprised to see Fae rated so highly, I've been using one but I find her a little too squishy, maybe it's because she's just 4*.

Eridani

Idk why then my robin probably ends up death or almost death from the encounter. Maybe you have buffs idk. I wont lie about doing terribly in arena I dont win anything from that. And yeah I can probably play it better. But with only 3 sworda a day I cant practice my strat.

Well, there's a couple of things to note here:

-You have a -def/+res Robin, which is in fact a pretty bad stat combo against Takumi
-Even then, assuming I'm doing the math right, you should still be able to do ok against Takumi (you should be doing roughly 30 damage against his 11-14, so even if he doubles you you're still ahead).
-The only way he can one shot you is with his vengance skill when he's wounded enough. Because of that you should probably not leave a Takumi at low health.

Sendou

Kind of annoying that you need to get Felicia in order to complete Lunatic tier of monthly quests. Not the most common character.

Someone on reddit posted about bring 2 man team into arena and he was meeting only much weaker opponents.

ggx2ac

I'm surprised to see Fae rated so highly, I've been using one but I find her a little too squishy, maybe it's because she's just 4*.

Here's my Fae for reference.

That magic damage is good against physical attackers because they usually have low resistance. Plus, renewing 10HP every two turns is useful.

Gotchaye

Ultimately she's got slightly better stats than a typical physical infantry hero and deals magic damage which is often a gap that teams need filled. Being a dragon isn't nearly as big of a problem for her as it is for Tiki and especially Nowi (and presumably Corrin but I haven't seen any of her) because she's normally weak to red anyway. She makes your units a lot harder to kill when she attacks. She neuters enemy offense when she starts a turn near them. She's got the most frequent self-heal in the game. I would probably include her on my particular team over every other green except Hector, and including Hector for Arena defense where Hector sucks.

Shinypogs

Someone on reddit posted about bring 2 man team into arena and he was meeting only much weaker opponents.

I cannot imagine the frustration of queuing into a takumi hector combo who are many levels above you because it's just those two on the enemy team.

Definitely seems like arena is abusable in multiple ways and the more time goes on the more ways people will find.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A tip for people doing arena, in most cases you want to skip turns or rearange your units so the enemy has to come to you, and if you cant oneshot someone and you are in no danger of being oneshot or hit by two units at once, always let your opponent attack first

Shinypogs

10k feather will be tomorrow, probably during daily reset (and along with that surprise present too)
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/829286331452944385
What would even be a good surprise present? Free owl hero? Omg I want the mail owl as an alternative mount for my fliers now.

Part of me wonders if they really want us to upgrade alfonse and sharena or if they'll automatically gain stars at some point as a forced promotion plot point thing in future chapter updates.

Golnei

What would even be a good surprise present? Free owl hero? Omg I want the mail owl as an alternative mount for my fliers now.

Part of me wonders if they really want us to upgrade alfonse and sharena or if they'll automatically gain stars at some point as a forced promotion plot point thing in future chapter updates.

It's clearly going to be Marth in a provocative sweater.

As for the latter, I can see them continuing to keep Sharena, Anna and Alfonse as playable units totally separate from their roles in the actual "story", but some forced progression for one of them might be possible - though going by the genre precedent, it could just as easily be treated as a separate character. Or in your scenario, where it's treated as a standard rarity upgrade, they could just reimburse the feather cost if the unit's already upgraded.

Macka

Just got a 5* Camilla. Groan. I've been desperately needing a better axe user so I'm going to have to use her, but...why did it have to be her? I feel like they've somehow made her even more ridiculous looking in Heroes, and her lines are so damn cringey.

Ooh. That felt good.

No Camilla. No.

Upgrading the hell out of Alphonse and Shareena but just because there are absolutely no way to gain feathers, I'm stuck with my 3 stars shareena (which is worse than the 2 stars version ?????) and 4 stars Alphonse

Can't wait for tomorrow

Golnei

Just got a 5* Camilla. Groan. I've been desperately needing a better axe user so I'm going to have to use her, but...why did it have to be her? I feel like they've somehow made her even more ridiculous looking in Heroes, and her lines are so damn cringey.

Ooh. That felt good.

No Camilla. No.

You have to learn to embrace it.

tumblr_okvpt7qBKo1u41kbzo1_500.gif

Azusa

5 stamina to equip skill on equip skill page
0 stamina to equip skill on learn skill page.

I have tried it before Launch Celebration event.

5 stamina cost is there to stop you changing skills every time. But its for a far future when we will have multiple good skills for one hero.

kswiston

5 stamina to equip skill on equip skill page
0 stamina to equip skill on learn skill page.

I have tried it before Launch Celebration event.

5 stamina cost is there to stop you changing skills every time. But its for a far future when we will have multiple good skills for one hero.

The healers and falchion users already have some options. For instance Aether isnt a straight replacement for Luna in all cases since it has a 5 turn counter while Luna is on a 3 turn counter.

Gotchaye

I maxed out my 5* Catria. Unfortunately she's +HP -Spd. The good news is that she can tank a typical Takumi shot but her kit really relies on being able to double-attack so as to trigger Luna on the charge. I think +Spd -Def is probably what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom