• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura

Reading the text for the Launch Celebration announcement: it usually costs stamina to equip skills?

I believe it was free to auto-equip a skill when you acquire it. It costs stam to change skills, which realistically you wouldn't be doing very often anyway because it is not like there are tons of skills for units you want to be changing around constantly.
That being said it is still dumb it would cost stamina.

yuraya

So I was doing some fifth stratum training. And my 5* lvl 24 Marth got lit up by a lvl 25 Hinoka with a 4x22 damage. Haven't seen anything that high in terms of damage up to now lol. rekt.

kswiston

I maxed out my 5* Catria. Unfortunately she's +HP -Spd. The good news is that she can tank a typical Takumi shot but her kit really relies on being able to double-attack so as to trigger Luna on the charge. I think +Spd -Def is probably what you want.

Can you link a site that has a good explanation on the max stats variations? I have 5 levels left on Chrom and 3 on Takumi before I max out

Gotchaye

Can you link a site that has a good explanation on the max stats variations? I have 5 levels left on Chrom and 3 on Takumi before I max out

This is the most complete set of average stats at level 40 I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5se1ep/average_stats_of_some_5_heroes_at_lvl40/ It's missing a lot of heroes for obvious reasons.

Heroes will have those stats, modified in one of a couple ways. They can definitely have one strong and one weak stat (typically +/- 3, but sometimes 4 for HP). I've seen claims that you can have a hero with exactly those average stats, and also that you can have one with 2 strong and 2 weak stats, but I haven't seen any proof of this and haven't observed it in Arena.

Edit: The trend in total ratings appears to be that regular infantry end up at ~174. Brave weapon wielders and archers are ~160. Armored may be more like 184 (only one sample). Flyers and cavalry may be more like 169, though Minerva is up at 174. Dragons are a few points above regular infantry. It is not clear to me if characters with skills that give flat boosts to a stat will end up with higher total ratings.

Pachael

Been reasonably successful with 5* rolling, got a Hector last up. Willing to swap with that guy if it were possible. ;p

Also, of course, this one has the rubbing. Of course.

They're going to nerf Takumi so bad soon, won't they?

kswiston

Been reasonably successful with 5* rolling, got a Hector last up. Willing to swap with that guy if it were possible. ;p

They usually dont nerf characters in Gatchas. Instead, we'll get power creep and skill additions that counter some of his usefulness.

gaiages

Banned
TFW you summon a new unit... see Robin's Intro Animation.... and he's 3*. lol

I'm surprised to see Fae rated so highly, I've been using one but I find her a little too squishy, maybe it's because she's just 4*.

Haha, my boyfriend was watching me pull units when the exact same thing happened and he was like "why the hell did they give such a cool animation to a shitty unit?"

It's pretty hilarious when it happens. Hilarious and disappointing.

redcrayon

It's clearly going to be Marth in a provocative sweater.

As for the latter, I can see them continuing to keep Sharena, Anna and Alfonse as playable units totally separate from their roles in the actual "story", but some forced progression for one of them might be possible - though going by the genre precedent, it could just as easily be treated as a separate character. Or in your scenario, where it's treated as a standard rarity upgrade, they could just reimburse the feather cost if the unit's already upgraded.
I think they'll probably offer seperate 'Great Lord' versions of Sharena and Alfie later on as cavalry with a base of 4*. They'll probably add more 'horseslayer' weapons as hard counters to cavalry too, seeing as in the recent main games that's a weakness to watch out for alongside dragonslayer, magic/armourslayer vs armour and archers vs fliers. Anna will get an upgraded version too (trickster?).

Galang

Banned

I heard someone say it was illegal to nerf gacha pulls in Japan, but I could be wrong.

redcrayon

I heard someone say it was illegal to nerf gacha pulls in Japan, but I could be wrong.
I don't think they'll nerf them, I think they are more likely to offer hard counters on multiple future units (like skills that negate counter attacks) instead. Less complaints that way.

Having said that, I find worrying over the tier list in the first week to be a bit pointless. The characters commonly seen now are a small fraction of what will eventually be available, and with a wider range comes more options for counter builds.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hope the next banner will feature a base 5* blue unit - some stages can get quite tough without it, like the Final story mission.

Pachael

I don't think they'll nerf them, I think they are more likely to offer hard counters on multiple future units (like skills that negate counter attacks) instead. Less complaints that way.

Having said that, I find worrying over the tier list in the first week to be a bit pointless. The characters commonly seen now are a small fraction of what will eventually be available, and with a wider range comes more options for counter builds.

Takumi's plenty good with the bow normally, but for me the Close Counter skill put it over the top since it says regardless of distance he'll counter - the 'block archer from moving away' trick won't work with this.

I think whatever process they go with to balance the board will be slow but hard especially when creating new units with counter nullification skills.

Dragner

Well finally completed Arena 3876 score I dont think I can do much better without Takumi so Ill take it. Funny how of my 7 opponents 5 had hector + takumi, there was even an Hector + Takumi + Azura. Only a poor guy of the seven didnt have 1 of the SS tier units. And we are only a week into the game.

darksagus

I wish double-tapping a character didn't finish its turn. Sometimes I want to move that character 1 space over but accidentally tap it twice and then I'm sol.

kswiston

Well finally completed Arena 3876 score I dont think I can do much better without Takumi so Ill take it. Funny how of my 7 opponents 5 had hector + takumi, there was even an Hector + Takumi + Azura. Only a poor guy of the seven didnt have 1 of the SS tier units. And we are only a week into the game.

Which arena division are you in? I am in Tier 2 whitewing. I have a score of 3339, with one battle to go, so I will probably end up around your score unless I flop it. I'm wondering what the whale division is. A score of 3339 in my division gets you a ranking of around 34k currently.

TheGrizz

My current roster, no money spent.

Working on the final chapters of hard. I really wish I had a decent spell caster. Tiki is pretty much the only unit I have to fight heavy knights.

LOL at the character art on the character who is in the second row down. He sticks out like a sore thumb! Who is that?

Edit : Ack, image didn't quote properly. Well, there was a goofy looking character image icon that looks absolutely horrible. Maybe someone knows who it is.

cw_sasuke

BOOM - just did 2 pull because i needed a green unit. And this happened....

screenshot_2017-02-08cjsq5.png
screenshot_2017-02-08jhsxz.png
Man i love the fact that you can just pull for the colors you need/want in this game. Makes pulling much more effective - especially if you want a featured unit.

Only a kickass blue unit left...but this will have to wait til the next banner.
I wish double-tapping a character didn't finish its turn. Sometimes I want to move that character 1 space over but accidentally tap it twice and then I'm sol.

Same here...happened to me 2-3 times already, gladly it didnt mean the end for my run...but would be quite frustrating on some of the higher stamina stage.

vareon

Training unit is....tiring. I have a Lvl 26 Tiki (adult) and the rest of the party is level 30-32. If I took the Level 27-28 ish enemies, only Tiki got any exp but the rest got nothing. But if I took the level 30ish enemies, Tiki got one-shotted very easily. And I can only do 7-8 training sessions each time the energy refills.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any other way to train lower level but 20+ heroes?

kswiston

Training unit is....tiring. I have a Lvl 26 Tiki (adult) and the rest of the party is level 30-32. If I took the Level 27-28 ish enemies, only Tiki got any exp but the rest got nothing. But if I took the level 30ish enemies, Tiki got one-shotted very easily. And I can only do 7-8 training sessions each time the energy refills.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any other way to train lower level but 20+ heroes?

You have to do 1-2 Tiki solo runs, where she does as much of the killing of units near her level as possible. The xp bonuses for castle also help a lot.

No, you're not doing anything wrong, unfortunately. Best hope is to bring a healer and units that buff ones they're standing next to, and let Tiki kill as many as possible. Or try and do 3-4 units at a time, so you're never just throwing exp away.

mikemandey

Just visited some online marketplace websites. There are some people there who are willing to pay $50 for a starter account with Hector + Takumi.

Holy shit! People are that desperate.. lol

vareon

No, you're not doing anything wrong, unfortunately. Best hope is to bring a healer and units that buff ones they're standing next to, and let Tiki kill as many as possible. Or try and do 3-4 units at a time, so you're never just throwing exp away.

You have to do 1-2 Tiki solo runs, where she does as much of the killing of units near her level as possible. The xp bonuses for castle also help a lot.

I'll try these...when the energy refills. I dread for the time when the Training energy requirement is back to normal.

The worst thing about this is that any lost unit in the map also lost their exp.

cw_sasuke

Wonder what i should max first....Darting Blow or Savage Blow on Camilla ?
Just visited some online marketplace websites. There are some people there who are willing to pay $50 for a starter account with Hector + Takumi.

I wouldnt do it - but i dont thinks it desperate either. Hoping to pull them for could cost you much more than that...and not everyone wants or can invest hours or days in rerolling some uber account.

the value is a bit high imo, I guess because it's Nintendo game related lol (and it's a new, hyped game)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Finished the story. Man, that was garbage. Gonna try to get through the hard/luna versions of the story for the orbs later. Once all story stuff is done, am I just SOL in ways to get more orbs?

Past two pulls yielded nothing special. This 4* to 5* promotion thing is bullshit and I don't see how I'll ever get that many feathers.

I'm training up a few low level characters just because it's easier on stamina. I like Selena's skill of pulling people back behind her, but god damn is she a grumpy little shit lol.

Addi

So many red heroes + Takumi in arena... My l36+ Gunter is completely useless there, but my l40 5* Robin slays 2-3 characters each time.

Finished the story. Man, that was garbage. Gonna try to get through the hard/luna versions of the story for the orbs later. Once all story stuff is done, am I just SOL in ways to get more orbs?

You can get 2x3 orbs from the special stage thing, there will be a new one each week for 5 weeks (so 30 free orbs), you get 10 orbs for connecting to nintendo account, there is also 9 orbs to collect through the February quests (1 in normal, 3 in hard and 5 in lunatic), they also still give you 2 orbs every day for the launch.

Swordy

Had a pretty good roll and now I need some help deciding which blue unit I should level up. Maybe both Corrin and Peri? Or should I bring Robin to 4-Stars?

bbGOfSx.png

redcrayon

Past two pulls yielded nothing special. This 4* to 5* promotion thing is bullshit and I don't see how I'll ever get that many feathers.

I'm training up a few low level characters just because it's easier on stamina. I like Selena's skill of pulling people back behind her, but god damn is she a grumpy little shit lol.
They are probably erring on the side of caution with the economy to stop people advancing too quickly. It's easier to rebalance that way and reduce feathers required than if all initial players have multiple full 5* teams in the first week, then the devs increase the feathers required and latecomers are suddenly at a huge disadvantage compared to early adopters. They'd also face criticism for having made it appear too easy to promote at the start, encouraging people to buy in before raising the bar if they did it that way.

It's not uncommon for these games to rebalance the economies after a few weeks as sometimes it's hard to see how something will play out until tested under live conditions. Agree that 20,000 feathers is a huge amount at the moment though, that looks like months of arena play just to have one character reach 5*.

redcrayon

So many red heroes + Takumi in arena... My l36+ Gunter is completely useless there, but my l40 5* Robin slays 2-3 characters each time.

You can get 2x3 orbs from the special stage thing, there will be a new one each week for 5 weeks (so 30 free orbs), you get 10 orbs for connecting to nintendo account, there is also 9 orbs to collect through the February quests (1 in normal, 3 in hard and 5 in lunatic), they also still give you 2 orbs every day for the launch.
What *value is your Gunter? He looks pretty solid choice at 4* with his buffs.

Who is a better 4* healer, Lissa or that old man I keep getting?
Lissa has a nice attack buff and gets renewal at higher star levels. Wrys has access to an AOE heal and heals himself in larger amounts with his skill "live to serve". It depends on how you want to use them. If you play aggressively, I would choose Lissa since she gives an attack buff. If you play more defensively, the AOE heal from Wrys is great to have at your disposal.

Addi

What *value is your Gunter? He looks pretty solid choice at 4* with his buffs.

He's a 4*. He's decent, I started with him and he carried me a lot of the way, but I think he would be better if I combined him with another cavalier. The problem with him in arena is also that most of the blues are Robins and he's bad against magic.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
True, I guess 5* characters are supposed to be rare because there isn't a lot in terms of progression in this game. I can see people getting bored once they get a team of four 5* heroes that they're happy with, and the devs obviously don't want people to be done with the game so quickly.

I guess the story mode can be considered the initial burst in resources before they move on to drip feed you anything useful in typical gacha (bullshit) fashion.

Sölf;229943379 said:
Was this posted already?

HM!! WHO COULD IT BE!?!??!

Not sure if you're seriously asking but I think it's probably
Narcian from FE6
given the quote.

edit:... and that it's clearly his sprite in the background that I didn't notice before. oops.

Dragner

Which arena division are you in? I am in Tier 2 whitewing. I have a score of 3339, with one battle to go, so I will probably end up around your score unless I flop it. I'm wondering what the whale division is. A score of 3339 in my division gets you a ranking of around 34k currently.

I dont think there is a division over 2 right now. I imagine people just promote a rank each week if they get x ranking and the ranking needed to promote to each one is harder each time.

Whizkid7

Had a pretty good roll and now I need some help deciding which blue unit I should level up. Maybe both Corrin and Peri? Or should I bring Robin to 4-Stars?

bbGOfSx.png

I'd roll with Corrin given that setup and her array of support & debuffs. Could work on Robin as backup in case of Falchion heavy battles.

redcrayon

He's a 4*. He's decent, I started with him and he carried me a lot of the way, but I think he would be better if I combined him with another cavalier. The problem with him in arena is also that most of the blues are Robins and he's bad against magic.
Ah, fair enough. Yeah, a lot of the skills are dependent on team build- I quite like the idea of playing with a cavalry team built around Gunther or a flier team built around Caeda, they are good for levelling up their mounted comrades with those buffs too. Not so much with the arena combat, it's more that I like experimenting with team synergies outside of that!

cw_sasuke

Sölf;229943379 said:
Was this posted already?

HM!! WHO COULD IT BE!?!??!

Thats pretty cool - wonder how tough this one will be. Still need to level up my units.

_Legacy_

Hot damn, the rewards for creating/linking your Nintendo account and then reaping the rewards... 1000 points to complete the game on normal which you can redeem for stamina potions, shards and crests for 100 points each? Yes please. Got me 3 extra stamina potions, they'll certainly come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom