• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue-kun

Quick question, as I've not actually paid enough attention to this: if you go into summon, pick, say, 3 orbs of the color you're actively hunting for, and then quit instead of burning through the 20 Orbs, do you still get the rates to increase in case you don't get a 5*?

Of course I assume it'll take <x> rolls for it to trigger, but what I mean is, do you always need to roll 5 in a row to get it to increase or it can be done like 3, then 2, then 3 again, just going with the orb layouts the game gives you.

Because right now I'm pretty satisfied with Red/Colorless/Green, so I'd like to maximize my attempts on blue orbs to get a Robin...

Exclamation marks mean that enemy will do severe damage to your currently selected unit (very commonly, you're selecting a flier and the archers on the other team are highlighted because they wreck fliers)

You can ditch all the story characters immediately, no effect on the cutscenes or anything.

Thanks! I had assumed the opposite, so that's good to know. Also didn't know that archers do more damage to fliers. I guess they assumed that most people playing this game are already familiar with FE.

Ndayday

Neo Member
I just managed to fight off a team with two Takumis on Beginner. Thought I'd be safe there, at least.

Really?? That sounds ridiculous. Did you win?
I completed a streak of 7 on Advanced and the worst I saw was a team with Robin and Takumi. If it weren't for Tiki's ability activating I wouldn't had been able to KO both in one turn. And the staple I've seen is Camilla, which is ggez with a Takumi

Flo_Evans

Aww yisss!

4AGEBNO.jpg

Only 9 orbs a 3 blue... got lucky!

Maaaaaan. I did a 5 roll and the special animation for Marth started playing and I was so excited until it turned out to be a 4 star pull instead of a five star pull. I feel robbed.

The Adder

Banned
My game keeps crashing (or, rather, falling into the background and restarting). I can't play the fucking first fight after the two tutorial battles and it's frustrating as hell. As soon as I click to continue and the map appears, it closes.

Can't link my account either, getting that null error. Which means if I move to a new device I'll lose Eliwood.

Basically fuck this dumb shit.

Rodin

Maaaaaan. I did a 5 roll and the special animation for Marth started playing and I was so excited until it turned out to be a 4 star pull instead of a five star pull. I feel robbed.
I got 4 stars Tiki, now maybe they'll explain to me how the fuck am i supposed to raise 20.000 pens to get her to 5 stars (i have maybe 900).

Malakhov

Banned
Trying again...

At higher levels do you need a color balanced team ie: red, blue, green and grey?

I got Lyn, Tika and Roy as reds, Robin as blue. Should I try to pull a good green and grey unit by pulling out of the summons after green & grey orbs are used? Or should I even keep on pulling?

Having three red units seems too much but I find them great...

Balphon

Finally. I can't help but wonder if he'll hold up.

Hector is helped out by the fact that there aren't any red knights/generals (Draug) or armorslayer myrmidons (Hana, Selena) that can roll at 5* at the moment to counter him.

He'd probably still do fairly well against them with his skillset, though.

Addi

Quick question, as I've not actually paid enough attention to this: if you go into summon, pick, say, 3 orbs of the color you're actively hunting for, and then quit instead of burning through the 20 Orbs, do you still get the rates to increase in case you don't get a 5*?

Of course I assume it'll take <x> rolls for it to trigger, but what I mean is, do you always need to roll 5 in a row to get it to increase or it can be done like 3, then 2, then 3 again, just going with the orb layouts the game gives you.

Because right now I'm pretty satisfied with Red/Colorless/Green, so I'd like to maximize my attempts on blue orbs to get a Robin...

You still get the rate increase. I have been doing the same with greys trying to get Takumi (no luck yet) and the rates went up after 5 pulls. I know I lose some orbs in the process, but I don't need the other colours that much.

mikemandey

Trying again...

At higher levels do you need a color balanced team ie: red, blue, green and grey?

I got Lyn, Tika and Roy as reds, Robin as blue. Should I try to pull a good green and grey unit by pulling out of the summons after green & grey orbs are used? Or should I even keep on pulling?

Having three red units seems too much but I find them great...

IMO, three of the same colors seems overkill. Aim at least one more green / colorless. Two reds, one blue, one green / colorless are better.

Just pull out if there are no green / colorless orbs remaining

FC Bayern

Double Takumi and/or Takumi/Hector teams sound terrifying.

I've ran into mutiple teams with 2-3 Takumi's and even one with 2 Takumi's and a Hector.

If you just abuse the AI and run a balanced team you shouldn't really lose. Linde and Lilina are fairly decent counters to them i've found. Both usually 1 shot or do 80%+ damage to a maxed Takumi and also just destroy armoured units. Then you just have Chrom or Fredrick or someone like that to tank the initial hit.

The AI is just too simple tbh.

Walk up to the danger zone and end turn. If they don't start moving, you move one character that will survive a hit from the only thing in range. After the AI moves once, they never stop chasing you down. So it's a case of just kiting them away.

The only time I've lost a pvp match was when I "fat fingered" two characters in a round (where you tap to select them then accidently tab again to end their turn).

To be fair though, I do run a decent team of 5*'s (Chrom, Linde, Takumi, Minerva/Fredrick/Azama).

Azama is an amazing counter to Takumi spam too, every time he heals he gives everyone +4 def and also has a passive adjacent boost too.

Hector is helped out by the fact that there aren't any red knights/generals (Draug) or armorslayer myrmidons (Hana, Selena) that can roll at 5* at the moment to counter him.

He'd probably still do fairly well against them with his skillset, though.

This is relieving. Finally got my rank after finishing my arena runs, earlier. Rank 6200. Hector literally one shotted or counterattack killed everyone by his lonesome.

result is kinda obvious. English side are the one who votes much compared to japan side
tbh i'm fine with Lucina @ 2nd, since she'll get april calendar & pretty much headlining her own birthday month (and bunch of fire emblem games birthday month as well)
with that snobby roy

Maxinas

"Thanks to your votes, Ike and Lyn will gain special Choose Your Legends versions. To show our thanks, Roy and Lucina will as well! "

Well then everyone that matters got what they deserve :^).

TWILT

Banned
I'm gonna be rolling so hard for Ike. He's still my BOY lol. Would have liked to see Leo a bit higher, but at least he's top 10. Ayy the Dorcas votes tho lol

Nice to see Mia move up one spot. Not really surprised with anything on the female side.

I decided to ditch Leo from my team. He isnt good in Arena for current Meta. His speed is a no-no and his amazing special never comes in play because 5 turn cooldowns.

So idk what team will work better, the only place is sure is hector because he is my only green.

For reds I have Roy, Marth, Lyn
For Blue I have Catria, Linde, Robin
For Greys only Maria.

Since the meta is counter meta I think I will upgrade Nowi to 5* when I get the 10k feathers.

Meanwhile I think Linde, Robin, Hector, lyn is the best I can build even if Lyn synergy is crap.

I've been thinking about ditching him as well. He's just getting rocked in the arena. I just don't have anyone else to put in his place that's 5*. I do have a 4* Chrom but I need to level him up.

Azuran

Banned
Fucking Nowi replaced FemRobin. There is no justice in this world.

I'm sorry they didn't run this poll under electoral college rules. Maybe less popular picks like Robin would have stood a chance there.

But it's ok, the most popular girls won in the end and that's what truly matters. The voice of the people were truly heard

Dang no Corrin (M), Xander, or Ryoma top 20? Not that I would personally rank each of them up there but surprised all the three of the "main" male characters for Fates are out

No need for generic scrubs when Takumi and Leo were also a thing.

I'm sorry they didn't run this poll under electoral college rules. Maybe less popular picks like Robin would have stood a chance there.

But it's ok, the most popular girls won in the end and that's what truly matters. The voice of the people were truly heard.

but Dorcas got more votes than Nowi

RIGGED

mstevens

Even with Lyn, Marth, Tiki, and Takumi, I'm struggling against the gold star level 40 lunatic missions. I think it's the red overload. I'm aiming to raise my 4* Robin first to 5* when I can for my blue, and then I can't decide between Raven and Camilla for my Green.

Anyone else having trouble consistently beating the hardest training tower?

spiritfox

The nearly 20k vote difference between the top female and the top male is funny.

Did they now show people with no votes at all or is there noone with 0 votes?

LProtag

I need more orbs man.

My team is max level, and I'm around rank 2000 in arena. I don't think I can get higher than that without some improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom