• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

No, I pulled only greys to get Takumi and even if you exit the probability goes up after 5 different pulls. Did 12 pulls total to get him and my probability had gone up .50% (.25% after 5 pulls)

My mistake, you're right. I just noticed mine went up even though I didn't do 5 summons in one session.

Wichu

You know the chances of getting two 5* characters in the same roll are 1,089 to 1, right?

I'd say that's pretty damn good. I only have one 5* character (out of all the characters I have) so you're pretty lucky IMO.

Where are you getting 1089 to 1 from? It's approximately 1/31 to get at least two 5*s.

Here are the chances for five orbs:

No 5*: 0.734 (~3/4)
One 5*: 0.234 (~1/4)
Two 5*: 0.0299 (~1/33)
Three 5*: 0.00191 (~1/520)
Four 5*: 0.0000609 (~1/16000)
Five 5*: 0.000000778 (~1/1300000)

EDIT: And four orbs if you're rerolling without doing the first three story missions:

No 5*: 0.781 (~4/5)
One 5*: 0.199 (~1/5)
Two 5*: 0.0191 (~1/52)
Three 5*: 0.000812 (~1/1200)
Four 5*: 0.0000130 (~1/77000)

elty

I can't win any advance match with this team:

Tiki - Red dragon
Hanoki - Blue flyer
Kagero - Ninja
Leo - red Calvary mage

Other than Kagero no one can really OHKO.... and that is death sentence in arena.

edit: wtf a Lyn just murder my Tiki and Leo in one turn.

Firemind

Tiki - Red dragon
Hanoki - Blue flyer
Kagero - Ninja
Leo - red Calvary mage

Other than Kagero no one can really OHKO.... and that is death sentence in arena.
Replace one of them with a lvl. 1 unit.

Roman

Tiki - Red dragon
Hanoki - Blue flyer
Kagero - Ninja
Leo - red Calvary mage

edit: wtf a Lyn just murder my Tiki and Leo in one turn.

Take a screenshot of all your units.

Dragner

Tiki - Red dragon
Hanoki - Blue flyer
Kagero - Ninja
Leo - red Calvary mage

Leo is bad. I had the same problems that you wasnt winning change him and started rocking arena. He sucks.

Your other stuff is decent but try to find a Leo replacement.

In other news I pushed my arena ranking to 4528 I dont think it can go much higher without changing my team. I play 2 mages and that decreases my stat total. Training a Nowi that has monstruous stats at 40 to see if I can top my score next season.

elty

Leo is bad. I had the same problems that you wasnt winning change him and started rocking arena. He sucks.

Your other stuff is decent but try to find a Leo replacement.

In other news I pushed my arena ranking to 4528 I dont think it can go much higher without changing my team. I play 2 mages and that decreases my stat total. Training a Nowi that has monstruous stats at 40 to see if I can top my score next season.

I know, got tricked by all the tier list who put Leo in top tier at the beginning. Unfortunately I only have them as 5* so I will wait for the next banner.

I just found a new tactic though, use Leo and Tiki (sometimes) to do the sacrificial ritual and let Kagero and Hanoki deal the rest. Works much better than trying to protect Leo.

Okamid3n

Since Arena places such a ridiculously high importance on total stats, I've changed my plans as to who to use my feathers on. I'll probably use them on Sharena, she has high total stats and seems pretty solid.

Danj

Where are you getting 1089 to 1 from? It's approximately 1/31 to get at least two 5*s.

Here are the chances for five orbs:

No 5*: 0.734 (~3/4)
One 5*: 0.234 (~1/4)
Two 5*: 0.0299 (~1/33)
Three 5*: 0.00191 (~1/520)
Four 5*: 0.0000609 (~1/16000)
Five 5*: 0.000000778 (~1/1300000)

EDIT: And four orbs if you're rerolling without doing the first three story missions:

No 5*: 0.781 (~4/5)
One 5*: 0.199 (~1/5)
Two 5*: 0.0191 (~1/52)
Three 5*: 0.000812 (~1/1200)
Four 5*: 0.0000130 (~1/77000)

I thought it was 3% chance per summon to get a 5* character? 3% translates roughly to 33:1, so for two it is 33*33 = 1089:1. Or is the 3% for the whole group of 5? So it's like 3% chance that somewhere in the 5 group there will be a 5*?

Addi

I thought it was 3% chance per summon to get a 5* character? 3% translates roughly to 33:1, so for two it is 33*33 = 1089:1. Or is the 3% for the whole group of 5? So it's like 3% chance that somewhere in the 5 group there will be a 5*?

It's 3% chance to get one of the four focus characters and 3% chance for somebody else, so it's actually 6% for a 5*.

Alkez

What do you do when you reach a stalemate in the arena? I can't do any damage to the enemy and they can't damage me. Do I just have to surrender?

Okamid3n

It's 3% chance to get a five star + 3% chance to get a five star focus, for every single one character roll.

Also, your math is wrong. Look up binomial probabilities.

Choose(2 out of 5) x 0.06^2 x 0.94^3 = 2,99% chance of getting exactly 2 five stars.

If the odds were 3%, the math would've been
Choose(2 out of 5) x 0.03^2 x 0.97^3 = 0,8% or 1/121.

EDIT: explained better in the post right below.

Wichu

It's 6% for a 5* (3% for a random one plus an additional 3% for one of the banner characters).

Assuming each orb independently has a 6% chance to be generated as a 5* (which as far as I know is how it works), there are 10 combinations that produce two 5*s (numbering the orbs 1-5, you have 1,2 / 1,3 / 1,4 / 1,5 / 2,3 / 2,4 / 2,5 / 3,4 / 3,5 / 4,5). Each of those combinations has a probability of 0.06 * 0.06 * 0.94 * 0.94 * 0.94 of occurring (the 0.94s are the probabilities of the remaining three orbs not being 5*, to avoid double counting). Multiply that by 10, and you get approximately 1/33.

You can do a similar thing for other numbers of 5*s.

Mupod

I was actually having fun leveling my B team (eliwood/olivia/robin that I upgraded to 4*) so I decided to kick in some money since I've played this so much.

o4pdoWp.jpg

I don't know what I expected. Twice in a row I got trolled by 3* robin. Still have a few orbs, dunno if I want to try again even though my appearance% is almost 5%.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Abel is really good. Arena pvp. Hate that stat totals dictate score. Hate facing dancers. Makes AI more unpredictable.

Danj

It's 3% chance to get a five star + 3% chance to get a five star focus, for every single one character roll.

Also, your math is wrong. Look up binomial probabilities.

Choose(2 out of 5) x 0.06^2 x 0.94^3 = 2,99% chance of getting exactly 2 five stars.

If the odds were 3%, the math would've been
Choose(2 out of 5) x 0.03^2 x 0.97^3 = 0,8% or 1/121.

EDIT: explained better in the post right below.

It's 6% for a 5* (3% for a random one plus an additional 3% for one of the banner characters).

Assuming each orb independently has a 6% chance to be generated as a 5* (which as far as I know is how it works), there are 10 combinations that produce two 5*s (numbering the orbs 1-5, you have 1,2 / 1,3 / 1,4 / 1,5 / 2,3 / 2,4 / 2,5 / 3,4 / 3,5 / 4,5). Each of those combinations has a probability of 0.06 * 0.06 * 0.94 * 0.94 * 0.94 of occurring (the 0.94s are the probabilities of the remaining three orbs not being 5*, to avoid double counting). Multiply that by 10, and you get approximately 1/33.

You can do a similar thing for other numbers of 5*s.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. But if I've done 80 orbs' worth of summoning (20 characters summoned) how come I only got one 5* character out of all of that? Do I just have really bad luck? Because it kinda seems like I should have a better result, based on what you're saying.

Gotchaye

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. But if I've done 80 orbs' worth of summoning (20 characters summoned) how come I only got one 5* character out of all of that? Do I just have really bad luck? Because it kinda seems like I should have a better result, based on what you're saying.

I'm not trying to account for the probability of pulling a 5* going up after every 5 times you don't get one, but no this isn't very unlucky. You have about a 37% chance of only succeeding once at 6% odds over 20 trials. It is the single most likely outcome. Next is 0 successes which is a 29% chance.

I mean, 6% is an average of 1 success in 16 or 17 trials. You've pulled only slightly more than that.

Okamid3n

EDIT : oh, 80 orbs. I computed for 80 pulls at first. Yea, your luck is super normal.

C(1 out of 20) x 0.06^1 x 0.94^19 + c(0 out of 20) x 0.06^0 x 0.94^20 = 66% chance of getting 1 or 0 five-stars out of 20 summons.

_Legacy_

Fuck, was one win away from getting a new high score and cracking 4k. Underestimated Merric and left him last, really regretting sacrificing my Takumi to kill the opposing Takumi. Won't make that mistake again

After 4 (i think) sets of pulls i got 2 4 stars and 3 3 stars every time. Still no 5 star for me. Why you hate me RNGesus?

Edit
According to the game you have a 6.5% chance of getting 5 star or better. Thats just over 1 in 20. So im past those odds. Just. If i get round to pulling another 5 i should in theory get a 5 star but i wont lol. Im never very lucky with this stuff.

kswiston

I'm not trying to account for the probability of pulling a 5* going up after every 5 times you don't get one, but no this isn't very unlucky. You have about a 37% chance of only succeeding once at 6% odds over 20 trials. It is the single most likely outcome. Next is 0 successes which is a 29% chance.

I mean, 6% is an average of 1 success in 16 or 17 trials. You've pulled only slightly more than that.

Pretty much. No 5 stars in 20 pulls would be a bit unlucky, but not all that unordinary. I think I am up to either 0/20 or 0/25 for my more recent pulls (after getting 5 in my first 20 pulls, so I cant complain too much).

Clov

So I ended up pulling a 5-star Camilla and a 4-star Camilla... the thing is, I already have a level 22 4 star Camilla I've been using for a while. If I merge my old Camilla into the 5-star one, will the 5-star one gain her levels?

kswiston

So I ended up pulling a 5-star Camilla and a 4-star Camilla... the thing is, I already have a level 22 4 star Camilla I've been using for a while. If I merge my old Camilla into the 5-star one, will the 5-star one gain her levels?

No. Your 5 star will gain nothing but 80 SP.

kswiston

Well, that sucks. :/ Is it worth merging them anyway and leveling up the 5-star one?

I guess it depends. You would get an extra skill or two early, but Camilla is pretty easy to max out in terms of skills. It's not like Chrom or Lucina where you are likely to have another 400-500 SP to go by the time you hit level 40.

Personally, I would just take the 300 feathers.

Does anybody have a level 40 4* Robin? I didn't know to look for base level stats, so I'm trying to figure out what his + or - stats are while I decide whether to promote him or not.
I know he's ranked s-tier, but he doesn't seem that amazing at 4*. Not sure if I have bad stats, don't use him properly, he just isn't as good as my other gold units, or if the fifth star makes a big difference.

At 40, he has:
HP 34, Atk 34, Spd 27, Def 26, Res 23

Compared to a random gold I came across, he seemed high in res and maybe low in attack, but I don't know if its a 1:1 comparison where each stat just gets a few bonus points when they go gold. Because if that were the case, his attack would be above what the IV calculator says for low attack stat with just the 5* weapon and no other stat change. Maybe low HP?

Okamid3n

Does anybody have a level 40 4* Robin? I didn't know to look for base level stats, so I'm trying to figure out what his + or - stats are while I decide whether to promote him or not.
I know he's ranked s-tier, but he doesn't seem that amazing at 4*. Not sure if I have bad stats, don't use him properly, he just isn't as good as my other gold units, or if the fifth star makes a big difference.

At 40, he has:
HP 34, Atk 34, Spd 27, Def 26, Res 23

Compared to a random gold I came across, he seemed high in res and maybe low in attack, but I don't know if its a 1:1 comparison where each stat just gets a few bonus points when they go gold. Because if that were the case, his attack would be above what the IV calculator says for low attack stat with just the 5* weapon and no other stat change. Maybe low HP?

34 hp? My level 40 four stars robin has 40 hp.

HP 40 Atk 34 Spd 27 Def 26 Res 17

Looks like yours is -hp +res and mine is +hp -res.

I wanted to promote Robin too at first, but his stats are too low. Now that I know how important total stats are in the Arena...

If you have higher stats total, you might not even face any Takumis (except one that has been fed dupes) because he has low stats total too, thus defeating the purpose of Robin.

34 hp? My level 40 four stars robin has 40 hp.

HP 40 Atk 34 Spd 27 Def 26 Res 17

Looks like yours is -hp +res and mine is +hp -res.

I wanted to promote Robin too at first, but his stats are too low. Now that I know how important total stats are in the Arena...

If you have higher stats total, you might not even face any Takumis because he has low stats total too, thus defeating the purpose of Robin.

Thanks for the response, and with the quickness.

I don't have any problem with Takumi in the arena currently. I have a 5 Leo and a 5 Takumi. So I don't actually need Robin as a secret Takumi killer. Although I would certainly take him if he can one shot him, because then I can probably make clean, no-death runs easier that way, as Leo and Takumi usually take at least one big hit while killing him.

My secret weapon was Olivia, so I'll admit I was disappointed when she showed up in today's special map, because now everybody can have my secret sauce. I'm thinking of the possibilities of running two Olivia's, actually. i think it would be possible to have no hit runs (other than counterattacks) depending on the stage. Not sure that promoting her to 5 over Robin would be better value, though.

So I'm still considering Robin, because I just need a fourth to buttress my arena team, and I don't have blue or green. Alternatively I can try and pull a decent green, which I don't have, and promote them.

Low HP doesn't seem that bad to me, because it really just means I need to run from greens, which I would have to do anyways.

After 4 (i think) sets of pulls i got 2 4 stars and 3 3 stars every time. Still no 5 star for me. Why you hate me RNGesus?

Edit
According to the game you have a 6.5% chance of getting 5 star or better. Thats just over 1 in 20. So im past those odds. Just. If i get round to pulling another 5 i should in theory get a 5 star but i wont lol. Im never very lucky with this stuff.

In the same boat. I got a 1 5 star Effie in my second ever pull. The next 4, nada. 4* Marth and Robin were the only notable units.

kswiston

In the same boat. I got a 1 5 star Effie in my second ever pull. The next 4, nada. 4* Marth and Robin were the only notable units.

Over time, you'd only expect to pull a single 5-star character every 3 or 4 full five man pulls. So, stretches of 5-6 full pulls with no 5-stars will be relatively common.

Hard Narcian down! (<3 Tiki the tank)
Done all missions too except 2 Lunatic Arena ones (win 80 total / 40 Intermediate+) and got ranked for the first time.
Just need to drag Minerva to level 40 and save feathers for Catria and I'm good.

unrealist

Is there a IV calculator for units greater than level 1 and less than 40?

Also, IV doesn't matter as much right? Since there is no way to get a perfect IV hero?

I think not as much is certainly correct, although you can probably have bad + or - stats. Like a tank with high speed and low defense. But they are always balanced out to where each positive has a negative, you just might end up with a worse version of that character to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom