• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtM

Banned
I hate losing arena swords to those stupid app corruption errors that force me to re-download the data. I've lost like 9 swords/streaks to that.
If you mean 3001, you just need to delete /data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs/deviceAccount:.xml
Need root, though.

Vena

most likely later this week. probably same time with gacha refresh

Which is going to the be twin set, and the poll winners + Roy/Lucina, right?

If you mean 3001, you just need to delete /data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs/deviceAccount:.XML
Need root, though.

Oh is this the solution? I've been redownloading everything and the game thinks I am on a "new" device and I cannot resume/restore.

I'm so ready for you Ike

C4h5mXlXAAAj2FL.jpg

Sage00

Once And Future Member
So, are we getting new story content today, being the second week since launch?
Story content lol. More ridiculous drivel. 'Sorry we have to fight you again, show me your strength and release us from our contract for the fifteenth time!' 'Oh no, while we were fighting Roy for the eighth time they attacked out castle. How did they know we would be out fighting the hero they released like we did the last seven times?'

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Situation and question guys: About to have 60 orbs. My castle is fully upgraded, i got my four 5*s maxed at 40 (Camilla, Marth, Azura, and Tamuki).

Should i save the orbs for the new banner, or go for it on the legendary heroes, OR try to get multiple of the heroes i already have for better stats?

Only pull if you REALLY want one of the featured units right now - chances are this will be your best shot to get them anytime soon. Otherwise your setup is solid and the likelyhood of pulling a unit that can replace one of your units is not that high.
Story content lol. More ridiculous drivel. 'Sorry we have to fight you again, show me your strength and release us from our contract for the fifteenth time!' 'Oh no, while we were fighting Roy for the eighth time they attacked out castle. How did they know we would be out fighting the hero they released like we did the last seven times?'

Its all about them free orbs bro.
If people were willing to spend thousands of dollars on Hector, what will they spend to get Ike?

Probably less, since he will be a featured unit unlike Hector. Pulling for a non-featured base 5* is really something only paying players can or should do xD

ChrisD

Actually managed to make it to the seventh round of nothing but Advanced Arena matches, but stuff started to come crashing down when I didn't read the situation right. Luckily....

It worked in the end. :D

Got over the 3k threshold! Don't even really care for rank right now, just wanted to get a full streak of Advanced down.

Start with Awakening.

Echoes looks promising but risky, need to see how that one shapes up.

The GBA ones are great and available on Wii U.

Awakening is perfect for newcomers as well as it offers a lot of options for causal play. Plus top notch presentation, great music and a overall decent story.

Fates is great from a game play perspective, suffers in the story department. Music is better then awakenings' tho.

Awakening it is. I've heard a lot of good stuff about it

cw_sasuke

Actually managed to make it to the seventh round of nothing but Advanced Arena matches, but stuff started to come crashing down when I didn't read the situation right. Luckily....

It worked in the end. :D

Got over the 3k threshold! Don't even really care for rank right now, just wanted to get a full streak of Advanced down.

Grats - Lucina the chosen one. Good work.

ggx2ac

I'm not going to bother continuing leveling up Gordin.

He has this huge weakness... He dies.

His slow speed and low resistance means he easily gets killed by fast mages. Vantage doesn't even matter because he can't survive a round.

Back to looking at other archers that I could use since I can't get Takumi.

Miracle

Only pull if you REALLY want one of the featured units right now - chances are this will be your best shot to get them anytime soon. Otherwise your setup is solid and the likelyhood of pulling a unit that can replace one of your units is not that high.

I figured. Only reason I'm really considering doing it is for multiple to make my current main units stronger, for arena i guess.

Then again, stronger characters I'm sure will be released since i cant be sure if Tamuki will be SS rank forever. :p

jzbluz

His slow speed and low resistance means he easily gets killed by fast mages. Vantage doesn't even matter because he can't survive a round.

Jeorge worked out pretty well for me before I got Takumi, although mine has lower defence than your Gordin if that counts for anything.

cw_sasuke

I figured. Only reason I'm really considering doing it is for multiple to make my current main units stronger, for arena i guess.

Then again, stronger characters I'm sure will be released since i cant be sure if Tamuki will be SS rank forever. :p

Yup, there really is no point in going all out now...the game is still incredible young and you wanna be able to react to "real" meta chages down the line when they drop new and powerful units. From the current batch you more or less own the best you can hope for....not worth to "waste" you orbs for a minimal potential upgrade.

Takumi is SS Rank but even he gets destroyed in multiple setups.

Im taking the wait and see approach with FE Heroes for now - gotta see how fast and often they drop new units as well as the quality of the reward units down the line.

The current archers are overall not very good. Jeorge is easily the second best after Takumi.

I put some EXP into Setsuna, but I put her training on hold. She seems like a solid Takumi counter, but Ninjas are very uncommon. She doesn't hit other targets hard enough, so she's not a strong Arena pick.

Niles appears to be a fantastic mage killer, but I don't have interest in levelling him up.

Miracle

Yup, there really is no point in going all out now...the game is still incredible young and you wanna be able to react to "real" meta chages down the line when they drop new and powerful units. From the current batch you more or less own the best you can hope for....not worth to "waste" you orbs for a minimal potential upgrade.

Takumi is SS Rank but even he gets destroyed in multiple setups.

Im taking the wait and see approach with FE Heroes for now - gotta see how fast and often they drop new units as well as the quality of the reward units down the line.

Yeah that's most likely the approach ill take as well. And who knows? Maybe one day we will get units like Lucina as a 2*/1* daily. I didn't think we would get someone like Olivia that way so quickly. 0_0

Kouriozan

Damn, Deep Devotions 5* rates both at 4.5%, and now way I'll be able to get another 5 orbs before Wednesday.
That suck so much, I'm still missing a strong green unit.

ggx2ac

Jeorge worked out pretty well for me before I got Takumi, although mine has lower defence than your Gordin if that counts for anything.

I'm looking at other archers.

Gordin has decent HP, Attack, and Defense and a brave bow as you saw however, mages and dragons would be a huge weakness for him.

I've looked at Jeorge and Virion. They have some pretty good skills but, with regards to Arena, it would be difficult trying to pull off a special with a 5 cooldown. Their seal Atk and seal Spd skills are good but debuffs don't stack so it wouldn't work well in combination with my Female Corrin who has Dark Breath. (Causes AoE -5 Atk/Spd)

That leaves with me two choices and they are pretty good in their own ways.

I have a Setsuna but she's only 3* so it's difficult to use feathers right now to promote her. Her specialty is fighting other archers and assassins. Assassin's bow doesn't seem to require that you need to be at a certain HP% to get you to do a follow-up attack and prevent a dagger user from being able to.
And then she also has Bowbreaker where as long she is above x% health then she can do a follow-up attack to the bow user and prevent them from doing any.

Lastly, there's Niles. I have a 4* Niles and I just leveled him up to 20 very quickly through the training tower. His specialty would be a mage killer and possibly dragons as well since they do magic damage. His Def is low but his Atk and Res are the highest ones and are balanced, he has a killer bow and the special 'Iceberg'. With the killer bow the cooldown goes down to 2, so it's quick to use and adds 50% of his Res as damage. He has Warding Blow which adds 6+ Res when initiating combat and Spur Res+ to add Res to adjacent allies in combat.

So, depending on how Arena will go. I may use either Setsuna or Niles to help counter with either daggers/bows or magic/dragons.

ggx2ac

Nino + Linde seems really freaking good.

https://vimeo.com/203742010

Taken from Reddit FEH.

Okay, now I watched this video. It'd help if one of those units had Spur Atk+ because Hone Atk and Rally Attack don't stack even though I know that didn't happen. It's just that Nino and Olivia both have Hone Atk. Adding buffs to other stats would also increase Nino's damage due to Gronnblade.

Funnily enough, this is what I was saying earlier when I said I stopped leveling up my Olivia because it'd be easier using her in Arena with a ranged unit.

I have a 5* Fae so I know Draw Back is useful in trying to get units in open fields away from danger. Another trick with it is that you can make Fae move one space extra forward by dragging back your ally the opposite direction.

I have a 3* Nino but no Linde. It's nice knowing that I could've been using Nino as a counter against Takumi. I've been wasting orbs trying to get both Takumi and a 5* Robin.

OVDRobo

Damn, Deep Devotions 5* rates both at 4.5%, and now way I'll be able to get another 5 orbs before Wednesday.

There is one way...

Regardless, good luck getting a strong green unit from any of the current banners. Camilla has some pretty blatant flaws and everyone else is just a random pull.

cw_sasuke

Yeah that's most likely the approach ill take as well. And who knows? Maybe one day we will get units like Lucina as a 2*/1* daily. I didn't think we would get someone like Olivia that way so quickly. 0_0

I dont see base 5* getting free versions anytime soon - would mess up the games eco-system right now and made people that pull/pay for these units look like fools xD

btw. My current box.

Started this Acc with Lucina and Lyn a couple of days after launch. Was about to drop it for another acc after i couldnt get another colored 5* - then on my last pull i got Takumi...so yeah kept. Ever since getting Takumi in only did 3 more pulls, two of them resulted in 5* Camilla and 5* Robin.

So yeah i have been quite happy with this one.

My best rerolled acc was this one here around the games launch - sadly i lost it quite fast since i didnt know you had to link you account to your Nintendo account before the connection error pops up and messes up your game - still hurts.

Dragner

The only really strong green is Hector. Others are ok at best when compared to blues and reds. Camilla is bad imo but mostly because her stats suck and that hurts your arena rating.

chrono01

I have a strong red (Tiki), strong neutral (Takumi), and a decent green (Fae). Because there's no strong blue unit, other than Robin, currently being featured, along with green (I really want Hector, but he's not featured so I'm not going to venture into that abyss), I've been saving my orbs for the next set of banner(s), that I hope have a few nice blue/green featured so I can finish filling out my team.

It's not easy saving, but I think I can make it. Just a few more days now...

Since the 4 heroes that won the votes use sword, I wonder if there will be a focus only focused on red energy ? Because having no red stones on the Marth and Lucina focus kinda sucked

ggx2ac

I said my rank went back up to ~1900, now it's dropped to 4191.

Eleven more hours, will I even survive staying above 5k in rank?

I've done a couple of pulls hoping to get Takumi before the banner ends, but no luck so far. I got a 4* Kagero, though, which apparently is nos an S-Rank unit according to the FE Wiki, so I guess that's good!

I feel like I've been going through the motions without really learning why some units are good or how to build a proper team. Any pointers?

My current team is: 5* Hector, 5* Hinoka, 4* Roy and 4* Nowi. I'd love to get a better red unit and I'm not sure if I should upgrade Kagero or Nowi to 5* first, or if I should simply save orbs and hope for a third 5* unit :/

redcrayon

I've done a couple of pulls hoping to get Takumi before the banner ends, but no luck so far. I got a 4* Kagero, though, which apparently is nos an S-Rank unit according to the FE Wiki, so I guess that's good!

I feel like I've been going through the motions without really learning why some units are good or how to build a proper team. Any pointers?

My current team is: 5* Hector, 5* Hinoka, 4* Roy and 4* Nowi. I'd love to get a better red unit and I'm not sure if I should upgrade Kagero or Nowi to 5* first, or if I should simply save orbs and hope for a third 5* unit :/
I'm looking at it that you can approach arena offence, arena defence and story/training in different ways.

For Arena offence, you want to be able to deal with the most common threats, and preferably survive the match with as many units as possible. Because of tier lists, some will be more common than others as the rarity is somewhat negated by whales- that's why you see Takumi more than Jeorge, Setsuna and Gordin combined. It's not that the other archers are useless, it's whales spending until they have him. Your arena attack team, being the team currently selected before you see your opponents, needs to be able to handle the strongest, most common threats but with the advantage that they will be under AI control and can be baited. Your strategy can use that so you can build in an unit that can take a hit to draw their fastest units out. That's where heavy units are good, or those that are fast enough not to get doubled and also tough enough to take the hit.

For Arena defence, you need to take into account that your team will be under AI control. This changes unit strengths significantly for me. Dancers are good as they multiply the options and make it harder for the player to read the battlefield. Heavy armour, even Hector and Effie that are otherwise very strong, isn't wonderful as it's too easy for them to get left behind and dealt with last as the AI tells its units to go all-out attack as soon as possible rather than cautious advance. Either the battle is won without them playing a significant part or lost with them dying alone and surrounded at the end.

For the campaign and training, you can see what you are up against before commiting a team, so having a strong pool of units to choose from is better than focusing on four, and once your initial four are level 40 or waiting for upgrades, you might as well try out other synergies while training your reserves. That's the best way to learn the game as a whole rather than just learn the current arena meta.

JCH!

So, I've been playing this since launch, have rolled (feels) like 20 times now and I have YET to get ANY 5 star characters. I don't have many more orbs left to collect so I have decided to just start again.

What's the best way to start from scratch? Do I need to unlink my Nintendo Account first or something?

Kyonashi

Does anyone have any tips on how to effectively use Fae? She's S-tier on most lists and apparently one of the best Green units but I find her too squishy to be of any use. She's much less useful than Tiki (Young) and Lucina, all at Lv36.

Dragner

Does anyone have any tips on how to effectively use Fae? She's S-tier on most lists and apparently one of the best Green units but I find her too squishy to be of any use. She's much less useful than Tiki (Young) and Lucina, all at Lv36.

She is triky to use since you need her to attk to exploit her potential. Once you attack you just need a way to push her back and get a buffed unit in front to tank the hit. Is a lot of setup but if you can do it her buffs and debuffs are the best in the game just being green, dragon, and not so great defensive stats is hard for her to take damage without dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom