• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

I presume that was a perfect run, and that anything after that is just opponent rng? Anyway gl, I fell just short of cracking the top 1000 this season

Perfect run and having Hector means that I match vs opposing Hectors most of the time. That makes for easy matches that give more points since the stat total is bigger.

Dragner

Dude how can you so high rank ? I use 4 featured characters, won 7 Lunatic battle in a row and I'm still 70k rank

Every kill you suffer gives less points on the match. The stats of your team makes you match vs teams with more stats and you will get more points if you beat them. Having featured units only matter for the first 1. You wont get more points for using more.

Every kill you suffer gives less points on the match. The stats of your team makes you match vs teams with more stats and you will get more points if you beat them. Having featured units only matter for the first 1. You wont get more points for using more.

I see ! That makes more sense then, thanks

Yah can't even crack the Arena this time around.

Running young Tiki, Lucina, Robin M and Camilla. Any suggestions? Kind of don't want to run 2 red. Don't have a Takumi or Hector.

Dragner

Yah can't even crack the Arena this time around.

Running young Tiki, Lucina, Robin M and Camilla. Any suggestions? Kind of don't want to run 2 red. Don't have a Takumi or Hector.

I dont see anything rare. That team is good. You have counters for both hector and takumi. What is giving you trouble?.

I dont see anything rare. That team is good. You have counters for both hector and takumi. What is giving you trouble?.

Probably just my own play I guess. How are people approaching the fights? I usually am baiting them in to my side of the map and waiting for attack.

Soule

So stoked, managed to increase my rank from 90k+ to 20k. On my second successful advance 7 win streak. Much better, think that's the peak for me ATM and managed to get a defence in somewhere so free feathers yay

ggx2ac

An hour has passed and my rank dropped from 4191 to 4256.

*Sweats*

I know three days ago it was very slow at dropping but damn it... Everyone is trying to get in at the last moment.

Dude how can you so high rank ? I use 4 featured characters, won 7 Lunatic battle in a row and I'm still 70k rank

You don't need to use 4 'bonus' characters. You only need one, adding more doesn't increase your score further.

Your score could be low from a number of factors. Are all the characters in your team level 40 or higher? If not, that means you don't get the chance of earning 648 points or higher per match when fighting other other teams.

Your score can drop during a match if you lose a unit, to get a perfect score you just need all 4 members of your team to survive.

Dragner

Probably just my own play I guess. How are people approaching the fights? I usually am baiting them in to my side of the map and waiting for attack.

Thats usually what I do but I have a fairly defensive team (hector and 2 mages). Most of time I just put my counters in range of the attackers to bait them to attack first and it works fine for me.

ggx2ac

Today I learned that if you potential up a character with +1 you lose that bonus :(

They wouldn't let you keep the bonus because it would be so easy to get a 3* character with level x+10 and then increase rarity to 5* compared to a base 5* character with level x+10.

Cerium

Apparently I am rank 6705. Not bad considering I haven't been trying awfully hard.

Do you get more points for beating higher level opponents? Or is it just a matter of stringing Advanced 7 combos with bonus characters and no deaths?

Zafir

Apparently I am rank 6705. Not bad considering I haven't been trying awfully hard.

Do you get more points for beating higher level opponents? Or is it just a matter of stringing Advanced 7 combos with bonus characters and no deaths?

Yes, it's based on total character stats, which is why top arena players are using units which overall have the most base stats.

fek

From the looks of it I should make Nino 5* when I get enough feathers. Draw Back is just too good.
Just a few more lunatic stages to clear and I have saved over 100 orbs but probably won't pull on the next focus unless there's a really broken unit or something.

Nbz

So, i just reached 20 orbs again.

pull, or wait for the next summoning event?

I'm personally waiting. Have 24 atm and I feel like I'm just gonna get disappointed with duplicates if I pull now. Hopefully the fresh batch will not include too many current characters and potentially it will have Scared Stones/Path of Radiance representation

ggx2ac

My Lilina has 56 base Atk on lvl 40, not counting any bonuses. That's a lot... I wonder if she can 1hko Takumis with low Res.

Using this as a reference.

e5fhi22ah8ey.png

Takumi has 18 Res and 40HP for neutral stats.

In a sense, you could say he has 58HP. To knock him down to zero health, you would need 58 Atk or higher, considering you said Lilina is base 56, it will be easy to raise that to 60 with Hone Atk which can increase Atk+4.

Nightbird

I'm personally waiting. Have 24 atm and I feel like I'm just gonna get disappointed with duplicates if I pull now. Hopefully the fresh batch will not include too many current characters and potentially it will have Scared Stones/Path of Radiance representation

That's exactly why i am not sure if i should pull again, or just wait :/

Not enough detail.

Do you have + bonus to 5 star rate? Do you desperately need a character from the draw? Most of us are holding since the draw rate/bonus is going away soon, so if you miss on a 5 star the next banner won't carry that over.

Well, i would love to pull female Corrin, but i don't think that's gonna happen. My current 5* rate is 3.25%, so nothing worth crying over if i lose it with the next banner.

Mupod

I will have at least 13 by tomorrow which should be enough for a 3 pull. I'd save them, but I've failed so much that I'm up to a 5% rate for a 5 star. I'm kinda desperate at this point, I don't even care who I get even though I don't particularly need another red sword user.

As for arena, I haven't managed a 7 streak in advanced because I keep getting screwed over at the end by characters way above my level that I can't even dent. I guess they are bringing low level characters to bring down their average which results in a max level Lucina mopping the floor with my poor level 32s. I also only have one 5 star character, Lyn. The Olivia and Robin I leveled over the weekend have still taken me pretty far and I've even made substantial headway into Lunatic after getting stonewalled in the Birthright chapter for a while.

Still got destroyed in 9-2 hard when I tried it last, but I've gotten a few more levels since then. I don't have any red magic damage which is my main problem, but Robin has been able to brute force green armor lately.

Nightbird

Do you want any of the banner units?

if there's one banner unit i really want to add to my roster, it would be Takumi. I have too many sword users, and my Robin is my best (and only reliable) unit to deal with distant enemies. But i have a much, much higher chance to not get Takumi than actually getting him...

Qurupeke

Using this as a reference.

Takumi has 18 Res and 40HP for neutral stats.

In a sense, you could say he has 58HP. To knock him down to zero health, you would need 58 Atk or higher, considering you said Lilina is base 56, it will be easy to raise that to 60 with Hone Atk which can increase Atk+4.

So close. At least it works with Hone Atk.

ggx2ac

I took it when I posted it. That's weird, did they forgot to change it in the french version?

This was probably something at launch but they decided to change it and it just wasn't updated in all territories.

Or...

It's still in effect but, again I've seen others like myself use less 'bonus' heroes down to one and it hasn't negatively affected our scores.

We can check other regions like the Japanese version to see if it's still showing that chart in the arena tips or, someone can contact customer service through the game sending an enquiry in the misc. Menu.

Gotchaye

We can be pretty sure that there's no additional benefit to using multiple bonus characters. Lots of people have a top 1000 rank without using a team of all bonus heroes, and going from 3->4 would be a ~500 point advantage according to the chart.

daxgame

okay gaf, I'll paypal 5 bucks if anyone can help my wife get Narcian, it's the last few hours and she'll be super sad if she misses it. not kidding lol

Her character pool is rather limited which makes it hard...
marth
catria
merric
lissa
(her squad)

optional (need to grind them a bit)
clarine
gunther
florina
stahl

I just need a strat, not literally every move but... I've seen on youtube one guy doing it with Kagero (which I have but she doesn't lol) moving up left but here we can't.
I guess we need to use Marth as tank somehow...

all the others are 3 stars or less and at level 1 so...

I did it easily with Camilla so :/

jph139

Okay, so my last roll for this banner was a bust - which means my 10% chance at a 5 Star will go to waste, which sucks - but it means I have to hunker down and plan to bump a character to 5 Stars.

Currently I have Lucina (+RES, -ATK) and Hinoka (+RES, -HP) for my Red and Blue units, both 5 Stars at Level 40. I'm currently looking at using Anna for my Green unit - I've already bumped her to 3 Stars and I'm hearing she's solid once you bring her all the way? My only other options are Frederick and Gunter, who are both solid and already at 4 Stars, which will be a bit quicker/cheaper, but if I'm gonna invest 20,000 feathers I figure I should bet on the right horse.

I'm also considering pulling up my MRobin from 3 Stars but, eh, I'm not enthusiastic about it. He's solid (and already ready for the upgrade to 4 Stars) but I haven't really loved using him so far.

Cerium

Okay, so my last roll for this banner was a bust - which means my 10% chance at a 5 Star will go to waste, which sucks - but it means I have to hunker down and plan to bump a character to 5 Stars.

Currently I have Lucina (+RES, -ATK) and Hinoka (+RES, -HP) for my Red and Blue units, both 5 Stars at Level 40. I'm currently looking at using Anna for my Green unit - I've already bumped her to 3 Stars and I'm hearing she's solid once you bring her all the way? My only other options are Frederick and Gunter, who are both solid and already at 4 Stars, which will be a bit quicker/cheaper, but if I'm gonna invest 20,000 feathers I figure I should bet on the right horse.

I'm also considering pulling up my MRobin from 3 Stars but, eh, I'm not enthusiastic about it. He's solid (and already ready for the upgrade to 4 Stars) but I haven't really loved using him so far.

Yeah I would probably go with Anna, and then Olivia which I'm sure you acquired through the daily. That would give you a pretty well rounded and highly offensive team, although your lack of magic damage will be a problem against armor.

Yeah I would probably go with Anna, and then Olivia which I'm sure you acquired through the daily. That would give you a pretty well rounded and highly offensive team, although your lack of magic damage will be a problem against armor.
A reason to consider Frederick since he has access to Hammer/Hammer+.

Mupod

math makes my head hurt. I'm currently at 5% appearance rate in Legendary Heroes due to repeated failure at trying to land a 5* Robin. 120 orbs and four 3* Robin cutscenes later I'm at where I'm at.

If I just want to maximize my chances at ANY 5*, should I pull reds (assuming I get some)? Tiki would be great, but I feel like all those orbs would have been wasted if I don't get *something* out of this.

Dragner

math makes my head hurt. I'm currently at 5% appearance rate in Legendary Heroes due to repeated failure at trying to land a 5* Robin. 120 orbs and four 3* Robin cutscenes later I'm at where I'm at.

If I just want to maximize my chances at ANY 5*, should I pull reds (assuming I get some)? Tiki would be great, but I feel like all those orbs would have been wasted if I don't get *something* out of this.

The banner has 3 featured reds so pulling a red would give you a high chance at a lucina,marth or tiki any red orb would be a 10% for a 5* focus unit.

Mupod

So the daily map for a free hero, is there a set rotation or do they just pick whoever? Hector showing up in there would be funny as hell but I'm guessing will never happen.

Also they're adding new heroes to the pool soon right? I saw a picture of Eirika/Ephraim going around, Sacred Stones was my first FE game but I'm not terribly attached to those characters. Ross though, he was my dude.

Gotchaye

Yes, the way it probably works you have a substantially better shot at a 5* from a red stone than from any other color. At the base rate it was about a 10% chance of a 5* from a red on Legendary Heroes vs 6% from a blue. I haven't tried it for a higher rate but I'd guess it's more-or-less proportional such that you're looking at about an 18% chance per red stone vs about 10% from a blue.

Falchion

I've got enough orbs for my 5th full summon but should I hold onto them for a new banner? There's still characters I want from the current ones but I also need a good blue hero and there aren't very many of those right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom