• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

A reason to consider Frederick since he has access to Hammer/Hammer+.

Yeah, Frederick absolutely wrecks armor, which was good. But he's SO vulnerable to magic that I sort of soured on him. He's pretty much a pure counter unit. But the rest of my team can usually take a magic hit or two so, I dunno, might be worth considering.

I also just realized your team has no range which is not optimal, but you should be able to get by with that group.

Yeah that's my other issue (beyond my lack of Green). But outside of my 3 Star Robin I've gotten absolute shit for range. Azama and Matthew are my only options there and both are pretty much purely support units. Guess it depends on how my next pulls go...

Blue-kun

Do we know if when the gacha updates this week the new banner will feature Seliph, Yuria, Ephraim and Eirika? Since they had that Famitsu article recently and all.

I... might just begin anew if those come because while I was having fun with the currently avaible people, Seliph is my absolute favourite FE character, lol. Higher odds of getting him if I have all the orbs avaible from the start.

And I'd love to have Ephraim too, dude is a real badass and one of the reasons I liked Sacred Stones so much.

I do have some pretty good charas atm, but well, I guess I don't mind replaying lol.

Pejo

Someone has a tip for story 7 chapter 2?

My best tip, if you're stuck on a particular mission and can't beat it with your team, use a pendant if you are sure you can beat it with a full resurrection. I didn't have problems on 7-2, but 9-5 on Hard and Lunatic both made me use one. But I'd imagine that's what they're for to begin with.

Dragoshi1

*sigh*

7L0cIEx.jpg

Drop rates are shit.

gaiages

Banned

I mean, she got the 2* Narcian already, right? It wouldn't be hard to promote him to 3*, and that 3* Grand Battle is tough as nails (I don't think I could manage it with my squad). The 2* battle is relatively easy if your characters are higher leveled.

dawgparty

Not enough detail.

Do you have + bonus to 5 star rate? Do you desperately need a character from the draw? Most of us are holding since the draw rate/bonus is going away soon, so if you miss on a 5 star the next banner won't carry that over.

What does the +bonus to 5 star rate mean?

Ninferno

OMFG, just met a team of Takumi, Hector, Azura and Linde in the arena! Four of the currently most highly regarded units. WTF.

And like that's not enough, the RNGesus has to give me that map with destructible obstacles scattering around the battlefield so that the progression is slower, so that Hector can stay with his buddies and not get singled out. And that Linde has +Spd, yeah, freaking 42 speed that can double (and of course as a result, ORKO) any of my guys, including Marth. And the AI somehow manage to make her stay behind and get shielded by her buddies. And that Azura somehow manage to sing to Linde so that she can continue having fun slaughtering my guys. Isn't that perfect.

I was literally sweating while playing this encounter, seriously, I can't believe I was sweating while playing a mobile game.

This is nuts.

So tempted to do one final roll for the current banners, but my last roll on my alt gave me nothing but trash.

Oh well, seeing as I somehow pulled two Roys from Legendary Heroes, maybe I'll somehow get Takumi further down the line.

DrArchon

Wow, finally beat the normal difficulty Narcian fight. First time I actually had to use actual strategy in this game it feels like. Needing to have a single unit with enough effective HP to tank 3 units is crazy.

No way am I going to have enough time to get my squad up to the level needed to take on the hard version though. At least I have the 2 star version of Narcian that I can upgrade if need be.

daxgame

I mean, she got the 2* Narcian already, right? It wouldn't be hard to promote him to 3*, and that 3* Grand Battle is tough as nails (I don't think I could manage it with my squad). The 2* battle is relatively easy if your characters are higher leveled.

Nope, that's the one she's trying to get
Obviously I wouldn't have posted otherwise... I told her to try and grind Marth and everyone for now, lol

Quixzlizx

I just wanted to give a quick trip report for the arena team I was tossing around yesterday. I've leveled a bit since then, but I think my setup was 37 Young Tiki/37 Takumi/30 4* Nino/20 4* Olivia.

My final score was 3944. I lost two characters the entire run, both on that damned 2x2x2x2 map, although I think I could've avoided one of those two losses with better positioning on my part. I also changed the order of my characters in the team screen since the pairings on that map seemed fixed, so now I'll hopefully have Olivia x Takumi paired together instead of Olivia x Nino.

For the most part it was just Olivia x Takumi shredding everything, with Nino using Draw Back to drag characters to safety and stepping up to MVP against Robin and Nowi, characters who would have previously countered me. To be honest, Tiki is mainly there to counter Hector and occasionally tank a hit/vulture a wounded unit. I haven't faced any Kageros yet, but Tiki is my only melee unit, so I'll also need her to soften up Kagero.

I do have to play carefully against red sword heavy teams due to a lack of blue units on my team, but Takumi can usually handle them with a double attack, with Tiki there to clean up when necessary. The trickiest unit to take out I've faced so far is Takumi, actually. I can do it with my Takumi, but he's dead if I can't create a safe zone around him afterward.

A few questions:

1. Two buffs of the same stat don't stack, correct?

2. Does anyone remember when the Arena finishes calculating? I have two leftover swords, and I want to know whether I should just waste them now towards the Arena quests, or wait until tonight to use them, if the new season opens before the day ticks over.

3. Just to confirm, Nino's weapon's damage bonus is regarding any stat bonuses on her, and not the unit she's attacking, right? I guess that's another reason why pairing her with Linde is so good, since Linde has Fortify Res.

Shinypogs

okay gaf, I'll paypal 5 bucks if anyone can help my wife get Narcian, it's the last few hours and she'll be super sad if she misses it. not kidding lol

Her character pool is rather limited which makes it hard...
marth
catria
merric
lissa
(her squad)

optional (need to grind them a bit)
clarine
gunther
florina
stahl

I just need a strat, not literally every move but... I've seen on youtube one guy doing it with Kagero (which I have but she doesn't lol) moving up left but here we can't.
I guess we need to use Marth as tank somehow...

all the others are 3 stars or less and at level 1 so...

I did it easily with Camilla so :/

Getting the 2* should be simply unless her units are under horribly leveled. Merric fucking carries that battle so hard be he 4 or 5*

Move your best tank into the first square the enemies can reach on the left and tank that turn .Keep merric right behind them for boosted res if you need to otherwise have him nearby and close to the mountain/narcian. Pull back 2 spaces next turn and heal with lissa ( she should be in the very bottom left corner) Narcian should be in range of merric now and go down in one shot. If your wife grabbed olivia yesterday she can use her to dance for merric again if he needs 2 attacks to kill narcian or dance for lissa to heal your tank more. Merric will kill the blue mage and archer just fine though the odd heal and dance if they can be done safely will help.

Bladelaw

Is there a decent strategy for leveling up fragile but hard hitting units? I pulled 5* Tiki and really want her to join my main squad. The training maps are ok but I need a better way to earn XP crystals.

I managed a streak bonus for Arena this season and I'm going to hold there. I'm getting wrecked in the Narcis battle so I'm looking for a more effective team. Right now Lucina is my strongest unit by a mile but she can't take the blitz of the enemy. I should probably level up some of my spear users since blue is my weakest color. I'm still hoping to pull something decent for that side but thus far (3x 20 orb pulls) nothing spectacular.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I finally have my arena team that is pretty match-up proof, but my stupid olivia is not level 40 yet. Really costing me on the points, even with a no death 7-advance win run.

I have 30 orbs. Bring on the new banners!

Quixzlizx

Is there a decent strategy for leveling up fragile but hard hitting units? I pulled 5* Tiki and really want her to join my main squad. The training maps are ok but I need a better way to earn XP crystals.

I managed a streak bonus for Arena this season and I'm going to hold there. I'm getting wrecked in the Narcis battle so I'm looking for a more effective team. Right now Lucina is my strongest unit by a mile but she can't take the blitz of the enemy. I should probably level up some of my spear users since blue is my weakest color. I'm still hoping to pull something decent for that side but thus far (3x 20 orb pulls) nothing spectacular.

Tiki is the opposite of fragile, unless she's being doubled by a blue mage.

Edit: For some actual advice, try using terrain so only one unit can attack her a turn, and use a healer to heal/soften up high def/low res targets.

OVDRobo

After Takumi, Azura is by far becoming my most dreaded character to face in the Arena. Too many times now I've found myself in a situation where I'm up against an Azura and another, usually red unit that she is singing around the map in a defensive stance, making it so I can't approach without at least one sacrifice. Even worse, she can actually take hits without melting so if I take a risk and suicide rush a unit in, it's not always guaranteed to finish her.

She's got incredible utility and decent survivability and damage. Pairing her up with almost any unit of a polarising type turns her into a defensive blender of unpredictable movement and frustrating suicidal charges.

Pairing her up with Takumi makes you an irredeemable asshole.

Ninferno

After Takumi, Azura is by far becoming my most dreaded character to face in the Arena. Too many times now I've found myself in a situation where I'm up against an Azura and another, usually red unit that she is singing around the map in a defensive stance, making it so I can't approach without at least one sacrifice. Even worse, she can actually take hits without melting so if I take a risk and suicide rush a unit in, it's not always guaranteed to finish her.

She's got incredible utility and decent survivability and damage. Pairing her up with almost any unit of a polarising type turns her into a defensive blender of unpredictable movement and frustrating suicidal charges.

Pairing her up with Takumi makes you an irredeemable asshole.

I feel your dread, man. Her constant singing naturally send her teammate forward so that as a result she stays behind. It's not like the AI is clear or something, it just naturally happens...

And it certainly doesn't help that she has great Spd, good Res, and decent Def. With two of my team being red, I have very limited option in dispatching her. She is undoubtedly my most dreaded nemesis now, with Linde being a close second.

Bladelaw

Tiki is the opposite of fragile, unless she's being doubled by a blue mage.

Edit: For some actual advice, try using terrain so only one unit can attack her a turn, and use a healer to heal/soften up high def/low res targets.

At level 1 fighting above her level she is :p I'm trying to power level her but she gets OHKO'd more often than I'd like. I appreciate the advice. Starting with Lucina everything just kind of died and strategy hasn't played much of a part of my battle plans. Usually it's just "Let Lucina do all the work and have a healer follow her"

Yaari

Rerolled for a Azura, and then played til I could get a Takumi without too many orb use, after that I got a Lucina, and now I'd like to get a good character for the last slot. There will be plenty of orbs available through playing the chapters so hopefully the next gacha has something good.

Quixzlizx

At level 1 fighting above her level she is :p I'm trying to power level her but she gets OHKO'd more often than I'd like. I appreciate the advice. Starting with Lucina everything just kind of died and strategy hasn't played much of a part of my battle plans. Usually it's just "Let Lucina do all the work and have a healer follow her"

It only takes 1 stamina to do the level 1 tower map once and get her up to level 4. You're actually wasting time/stamina by trying to take a minor shortcut.

Raysoul

I really like baiting stupid healers. 95% of the time, they will attack any enemy within their range, leaving their partner alone.

Then the AI is really predictable with the dancers, as they will cast it anytime. You just need a little foresight on who the dancer is near, then place the proper counter-character where they would probably land.

Gotchaye

It only takes 1 stamina to do the level 1 tower map once and get her up to level 4. You're actually wasting time/stamina by trying to take a minor shortcut.

Yeah, you get no benefit by having her fight higher-level enemies. The experience you can get from a single action is capped at the total amount needed to get the level-up after your next one. At level 1 you get this from killing level 1 heroes. Slowly moving up the training tower will get you to level 10 very quickly. It only slows down around 15.

Dragner

Rank 744. People is pushing I dont know if I will be able to keep top 1000. Im losing 10-20 ranks each hour. Im not going to fight for a spot. Keeping my swords for season reset.

Bladelaw

Yeah, you get no benefit by having her fight higher-level enemies. The experience you can get from a single action is capped at the total amount needed to get the level-up after your next one. At level 1 you get this from killing level 1 heroes. Slowly moving up the training tower will get you to level 10 very quickly. It only slows down around 15.

TIL

Thanks for the info all.

Reciprocal Aid on setsuna is far more useful than I imagined. Swapping health on units between battles based on their matchups has allowed me to turn any member on my team into an effective tank when needed.

daxgame

Getting the 2* should be simply unless her units are under horribly leveled. Merric fucking carries that battle so hard be he 4 or 5*

Move your best tank into the first square the enemies can reach on the left and tank that turn .Keep merric right behind them for boosted res if you need to otherwise have him nearby and close to the mountain/narcian. Pull back 2 spaces next turn and heal with lissa ( she should be in the very bottom left corner) Narcian should be in range of merric now and go down in one shot. If your wife grabbed olivia yesterday she can use her to dance for merric again if he needs 2 attacks to kill narcian or dance for lissa to heal your tank more. Merric will kill the blue mage and archer just fine though the odd heal and dance if they can be done safely will help.

Thanks, I'll PM if she makes it :)
She has Olivia, but level 1, and there's not much time... I still told her to try !

edit: she texted me "Marth keeps dying at first shot"
told her to grind him :/ it's the only tank since she has Frederick too but I guess he gets destroyed by the mages

goldenpp72

So I'm trying to beat the last level on lunatic but they seem to one shot me. I have a level 40 Hector, 40 Robin, 32 Olivia and 37 Azuma healer. Should I be training some people? I do have a 37 4 star Abel but he hasn't helped much yet. Any tips would be nice.

Quixzlizx

So stat growth at higher stars isn't influenced by the previous star rating, right?
Basically I should awaken right at 20?

Stats aren't influenced, but you'll get some juicy +18 SP levels if you want to unlock skills faster.

Yeah, dance is unlockable at 3*.
\/\/\/

daxgame

Olivia should never see any actual fighting she should always just be dancing while out of the danger range.

Tell your wife best of luck.

uhm my wife sent me a screen and it seems like Olivia doesn't dance... could it be because the map one is 2 stars ? I hope she has the things to unlock potential if so fuck wait you can't at 1

Dragner

So I'm trying to beat the last level on lunatic but they seem to one shot me. I have a level 40 Hector, 40 Robin, 32 Olivia and 37 Azuma healer. Should I be training some people? I do have a 37 4 star Abel but he hasn't helped much yet. Any tips would be nice.

Last level of lunatic is insane I actually revived there.

uhm my wife sent me a screen and it seems like Olivia doesn't dance... could it be because the map one is 2 stars ? I hope she has the things to unlock potential if so

She needs to upgrade olivia to 4* first. Dance isnt available before.

muu

How do you level up Olivia if you are using her abilities?

You don't.

I went through two full bars of stamina going from 32 to 34 or something like that. It's crazy how easily things take her down once you try and have her act as some kind of melee.

You don't.

I went through two full bars of stamina going from 32 to 34 or something like that. It's crazy how easily things take her down once you try and have her act as some kind of melee.

So what is the strategy to keep her alive to maximize her dance? lol

GenG3000

I ran out of in-game orbs (Story mode in Hard and Lunatic, achievements and extra maps) trying to pull a last minute Takumi from gray cristals. Oh well, I hope the new banners come with more missions and orb-related achievements.

Mupod

Olivia actually hits pretty hard, at least mine does. But I'm having trouble leveling her past 30 myself. I just try to give her the final blows on healer or caster units.

I'm not burning crystals on her because she's a candidate for eventual promotion. She's just so damn useful. IMO they should give her a little bit of XP for dancing, they can cap it per map like healers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom