• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemandey

It's strange that Camilla is still listed as an S-tier unit with so many red heroes and Takumis out there. I feel like her stats are underwhelming. Even Fae now is down to A-tier.

Olivia actually hits pretty hard, at least mine does. But I'm having trouble leveling her past 30 myself. I just try to give her the final blows on healer or caster units.

I'm not burning crystals on her because she's a candidate for eventual promotion. She's just so damn useful. IMO they should give her a little bit of XP for dancing, they can cap it per map like healers.

Yeah, hopefully if they patch it..you can get some xp for using skills like healing like you said.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
uhm my wife sent me a screen and it seems like Olivia doesn't dance... could it be because the map one is 2 stars ? I hope she has the things to unlock potential if so fuck wait you can't at 1
Olivia can't dance until 3* or higher. I had to upgrade mine to 3*.

Mupod

Yeah Camilla is on my main team and most of the time she's a liability, partly because she's 4* and doesn't have brave lance+. She can't even deal with armored spear units. I just have a dearth of greens to choose from, pretty much just her unless I start spending tons of feathers and even then I have few options. I think I have 3* versions of Gunter, Cecile and Nino.

I could really use an armored green but with my luck there's no chance in hell I'll ever see Hector.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think Camilla is still good, but has to be somewhat pampered because she's kind of fragile. I usually hang back, buff her with something and send her in to assassinate someone, preferably when anyone who can oneshot her has already been taken care of. Sometimes that doesn't happen, in which case she becomes a sacrifice.

She's definitely strong enough offensively to be worth taking along, though. Her mobility and offensive damage means she's great for flying in and oneshotting key targets.

Danj

Reasking for new page.

Danj said:
I'm stuck on Chapter 9 on hard, I don't have anything that can get me through Part 2. Zephiel and his Knights kick my ass. Any tips?

You need mages to nuke them.

Okay. I have a 5* Tharja but that's it, I have no other 5* mages. Also Tharja isn't effective against all of them (otherwise I'd have won already), are there any particular mage(s) you'd recommend?

Quixzlizx

Yeah Camilla is on my main team and most of the time she's a liability, partly because she's 4* and doesn't have brave lance+. She can't even deal with armored spear units. I just have a dearth of greens to choose from, pretty much just her unless I start spending tons of feathers and even then I have few options. I think I have 3* versions of Gunter, Cecile and Nino.

I could really use an armored green but with my luck there's no chance in hell I'll ever see Hector.

Anna is supposedly pretty good if you can get her up to 5*.

I'm using 4* Nino with solid success so far in arena. I'm not a top-ranker or anything, but I'm ranked around 36k. And that was with my first run with her, so I'll probably get better as I go along.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's strange that Camilla is still listed as an S-tier unit with so many red heroes and Takumis out there. I feel like her stats are underwhelming. Even Fae now is down to A-tier.

It is okay to disagree with someone else's opinion. That's all any of these lists are.

I swapped out Sakura to help level up Felicia who is now my new Waifu, current team:

c4BQkQd.png

Fireblend

Banned
Leveling my B team up to ~35 so they can start helping the A team with the Lunatic 9-X maps is proving to be a pain in the ass. Slowly getting there though.

explodet

Whew. Finally got me a 2* Narcian.
My Camilla seemed to be useful, she baited the Archer and survived (with the help of a Nowi Def buff) and then hung back as they all scattered.

Shinypogs

uhm my wife sent me a screen and it seems like Olivia doesn't dance... could it be because the map one is 2 stars ? I hope she has the things to unlock potential if so fuck wait you can't at 1

Whoops forgot dance isn't auto unlocked. Yeah it's too heavy of an investment to get her ready to dance. You can def do this without dancing if she can can get Marth or Frederick to tank that first initial turn. Your wife will have to blow some stamina potions grinding but with her limited hero pool she needs to brute force this by being over-leveled.

Can I get some info on what level her units are and their current stats. I can compare that to the known stats of the enemies and gauge how much def and res a unit will need to survive.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Almost finished up the main story on normal, and my pulls haven't been the greatest. What's my best bet with the heroes I currently have?

Why are you playing 2 Star Anna & Sharena? Either upgrade them to 3-4* or replace them with your many good characters below. Put in your 4* Olivia (you have no red to battle Green) or Lilina. For the other, put in one of your 4* green units at least. I'm not sure how good Cherche & Hawkeye are, but they're better than 2* Anna...

Spinluck

I dont see base 5* getting free versions anytime soon - would mess up the games eco-system right now and made people that pull/pay for these units look like fools xD

btw. My current box.

Started this Acc with Lucina and Lyn a couple of days after launch. Was about to drop it for another acc after i couldnt get another colored 5* - then on my last pull i got Takumi...so yeah kept. Ever since getting Takumi in only did 3 more pulls, two of them resulted in 5* Camilla and 5* Robin.

So yeah i have been quite happy with this one.

My best rerolled acc was this one here around the games launch - sadly i lost it quite fast since i didnt know you had to link you account to your Nintendo account before the connection error pops up and messes up your game - still hurts.

This has me in fumes.

Some of you guys are lucky as fuck!

How do you have 4 5* characters already :(

I was lucky and got Tharja and Roy on my first pull, then it was shit for a while, Robin wasn't that great honestly then this morning I got Takumi which was a shock.

Believe me my luck is usually terrible, two years of Dokkan battle is enough proof :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Camilla still comes out on top over a number of red units just due to raw stats/abilities/etc. The only thing that pushes her out is the prevalence of Takumi, who people are finding out is not some end all be all hero. If you can one shot Takumi with something like Kagero you can open up the map for Camilla to run over, or simply exploit the terrain to create opportunities for her. S for her is maybe pushing too hard, but when it comes to green Axe you are not really going to do better other than Hector. There are lots of strong blue units that should show up more once people know to gravitate towards them, like Effie, Catria, Azura, Nowi, etc.

Dee Dee

My 5* chance at the legends banner is 3.75% now after today's disappointing pull...

OMG IT'S A MALE ROBIN Gggsfnsmfds,m..... 3*
BUT FUCK WHAT IS THIS, I GOT ROY AJAKLJKDFLFJL... 4*

Those intro scenes for the focus characters are neat, but so disappointing if it's not a 5*.

Well, could be worse. I might drop all remaining orbs at this banner before it changes, I wouldn't want my 7.5% chance to pull a 5* to go to waste!

I actually managed to get 2* Narcian after spending MyNintendo points on levelup items! So happy! ;_;
I upgraded the free Olivia to 3* to get her to dance, then got Takumi to 29+ with levelup fragments and somehow clutched through with the both of them to get Takumi to solo kill everyone on the normal Narcian map.
I understand that this is my skill limit for now, not even wasting energy to even look at the hard map. I might upgrade Narcian to 3* with feathers if he proves useful, I don't have any other green flier at the moment.

I hope the difficulty stays like that for the next special map, at least I know I can somehow wiggle through the normal map for now.

Leo......is getting the god damn boot. Squad will be Takumi, 5* Fem Corrin (need 1500 more feathers, fucking feathers) 5* Robin (Gatcha threw me a freaking bone finally!) and 4* Olivia. I just now need to level up Robin and Olivia and we'll see how this goes.

Previous squad was Takumi, 4* Fem Corrin, Leo, and 4* Camilla. Leo and Camilla were getting wrecked hard so I'm glad to be replacing them both. I'd rather have 5* Fem Corrin instead of 5* Camilla because Corrin brings a lot of debuffs to the table. Now that I have a dancer, let the dancer shenanigans begin!

Mupod

The current tier list is fairly off base

This guide is more accurate

this is an interesting read as the archetypes section more or less described the team I naturally stumbled into using (lyn, camilla, robin and olivia). It's also right on the nose with the problems and successes I've had with Lyn (Galeforce sucked until I started using a dancer). I want to make her work because she's my only 5*, but I'm thinking maybe Camilla needs to go in favor of a green caster. Or maybe Camilla just sucks because she's only 4*.

Danj

Does anyone know how to get more Azure Badges? I want to put my Shareena up to 3* at least.

EDIT: aren't you supposed to get a badge every time you clear a training tower level? That doesn't seem to be happening any more for me, is there any other way to get badges?

EDIT 2: fuck, you have to play on a specific DAY to get a specific colour of badge? That sucks. But anyway it's still broken today.

Fake edit: Oh look, this is why:

Between Monday 7am and Tuesday 7am, you can't get badges at all!

Quixzlizx

I'm going to repost this question since it got buried at the bottom of a long post, but is there any time period between when arena reopens and when the day resets? I want to know whether I should just burn my 2 remaining swords now, or whether I can wait until the new arena season starts.

Thanks
\/\/

Gotchaye

I'm going to repost this question since it got buried at the bottom of a long post, but is there any time period between when arena reopens and when the day resets? I want to know whether I should just burn my 2 remaining swords now, or whether I can wait until the new arena season starts.

I ended up losing swords last time. The arena closed before the reset and reopened after.

Thanks
\/\/
When I check my phone at around 5am GMT (work late, sleep late!) normally nothnig has reset yet.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
this is an interesting read as the archetypes section more or less described the team I naturally stumbled into using (lyn, camilla, robin and olivia). It's also right on the nose with the problems and successes I've had with Lyn (Galeforce sucked until I started using a dancer). I want to make her work because she's my only 5*, but I'm thinking maybe Camilla needs to go in favor of a green caster. Or maybe Camilla just sucks because she's only 4*.
Camilla is heavily reliant on gaining the upper hand through stat advantage, so 4* is not going to cut it.

Samstrike

So I finally got my second 5 stars and it's a Marth. How good is he? Happy to have got a 5* before the banner change because my 5* rate was up to 4.25% and I didn't want it to go to waste. My other 5* is a Takumi which I got after rerolling for a while.

So I finally got my second 5 stars and it's a Marth. How good is he? Happy to have got a 5* before the banner change because my 5* rate was up to 4.25% and I didn't want it to go to waste. My other 5* is a Takumi which I got after rerolling for a while.
Marth eats dragons for breakfast and has earned his keep on my party. He replaced my red spot, which was previously Lyn. He also has great mobility and positioning with Pivot and Escape Route.

daxgame

Whoops forgot dance isn't auto unlocked. Yeah it's too heavy of an investment to get her ready to dance. You can def do this without dancing if she can can get Marth or Frederick to tank that first initial turn. Your wife will have to blow some stamina potions grinding but with her limited hero pool she needs to brute force this by being over-leveled.

Can I get some info on what level her units are and their current stats. I can compare that to the known stats of the enemies and gauge how much def and res a unit will need to survive.

I'm not home yet so I'll still have to do a bit of back and forth but anyway...

She had told me that Marth always takes 30x2 damage from the blue mage so he dies all the time anyway. It doesn't even get to the sword guy...
Uh-oh. Could it be that he's super effective ? I don't know everything too well yet in this FE.

I think Frederick has shitty Res too.

Either way
Level 28 Marth ps 24 atck 37 spd 31 def 22 res 17... not a great tank at all :(
Merric lvl 25 ps 27 atk 27 spd 21 def 18 res 12
Lissa is around 23 I think
Catria level 27 ps 30 atk 30 spd 23 def 21 res 16 - useless.

and thanks for the help

dawgparty

My only 5 stars are Hinoka and Takumi and I've been using 4 star Hawkeye and Maria as my others. Should I keep going for 20-orb rolls or should I go for something specific? My only potential red damage is Roy.

IronLich

My team

Especially my superstar Hawkeye. Azura has fallen behind strictly because she has singing duty, but Roy and Chrom are constantly fighting for my affection. Chrom has the skill, but Roy has the speed. There are a couple of characters waiting in the wings, but nothing I want to raise up just yet. Shanna is also a beast due to Iceberg, and shutting down any red mages on the field. If necessary, Azura and Hawkeye shut down colorless enemies.

Just got done Lunatic Chapter 4 with this team.

I had no idea Lissa's Rehabilitate could heal so much hp, I took a Roy down to 2hp from 40 and she healed it all in one turn, no special or anything.

ffffffffuck

goldenpp72

Wrys is better imo - Live to Serve and Heavenly Light in addition to Rehabilitate. He is amazing.

No Waifu though - so thats a minus.

We will likely get new chapters this week - there is no "finishing" this type of game xD

Do you think they will ever do new archs or anything going back to level 1 sort of fights? The level 40 ones are pretty annoying even if your whole team is maxed out.

de_reddy

Neo Member
Got 5* Chrom, Tharja and Camilla (2x), but looking at tier lists it seems my team still sucks and I don't even have any of the other 'good' characters as 4* or 3*. How do all these guys get these über teams? Am I doing something wrong or just unlucky? I've spent 40€ to support the game (got already 40€ worth of time out of it).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wrys is better imo - Live to Serve and Heavenly Light in addition to Rehabilitate. He is amazing.

No Waifu though - so thats a minus.

We will likely get new chapters this week - there is no "finishing" this type of game xD

Yeah I've been looking into Wrys. Heavenly light is great, but I'm not sure Live to Serve is useful. If a healer takes any damage, chances are they are dead. An don't forget Lissa's +4 attack buff for everyone. Both are pretty good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom