• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

syncyes

I spent a few orbs on castle upgrades since it seems like a time/stamina saver in the long run. No regrets!

If I regret it I can always just spend like 2 dollars on a very small amount of orbs.

...this is how whales are made huh :(

JCH!

I've been enjoying it so far. Made it to chapter 6/7? Spent my first 40 orbs on Heroes already, no 5 star Heroes yet.

It's good that I don't care about drops or the stars, I'm not going to spend any money on this.

Sölf

Woho, the game works with Bluestacks, using the linked APK someone posted here! I don't have to buy a tablet afterall!

Why is it so hard to even download this thing?

I managed to get pass the first tutorial scene but it's errors every time after that.

Jayhawk

Progressed through story for orbs and got the 10 orbs from linked Nintendo account. Summoned with the first banner this time and got Marth. Camilla and Marth. Whew. I am guessing I did a dozen rerolls.

Uh oh
1ba9913ea8.jpg

PHIHUNG

Neo Member
What do you guys think is better? My first roll I got three 4s and two 3s, and the other with one 5 star (Lucina), but four 3s...

ggx2ac

seesh in 1 of the reroll progress, anna got 0 stats up from level up. yup this is fire emblem

Yeah, I think the level up stats are random. Also, I had two of the same characters that were 4 stars but had different base stats. (I think it was the same total but allocations were different.)

Got 5* Lucina and Takumi in my first roll. Feels good to not have to reroll this time around or at least until I find out all my units are crap.

Jayhawk

For Nintendo account linking, I did it after I summoned units. It opens up a Web browser for you to login on the Nintendo site.

Are level ups random?
If it's anything like the main series then each character has a secret bunch of percentages, one for each stat, and when you level up it rolls on each stat against that percent. If it rolls lower or equal then the stat goes up 1. As such you can have 'perfect levels' where every stat goes up, or... welll... crud ones where only a single stat goes up :p

In some rare cases characters can have a growth percent greater than 100%, in which case they are guaranteed 1 point per every 100% plus they roll against any remainder (so if they had 220% growth in strength you've have a 20% chance of getting 3 strength when they level and an 80% chance of getting 2)

hope that helps rather than just making it more confuzzling ^.^;

OceanBlue

If it's anything like the main series then each character has a secret bunch of percentages, one for each stat, and when you level up it rolls on each stat against that percent. If it rolls lower or equal then the stat goes up 1. As such you can have 'perfect levels' where every stat goes up, or... welll... crud ones where only a single stat goes up :p

In some rare cases characters can have a growth percent greater than 100%, in which case they are guaranteed 1 point per every 100% plus they roll against any remainder (so if they had 220% growth in strength you've have a 20% chance of getting 3 strength when they level and an 80% chance of getting 2)

hope that helps rather than just making it more confuzzling ^.^;
Lol just wondering if you could get screwed even if you get a 5* or if you could get some really good 4*s.

Finally got a 5 star, Marth, and a 4 Star Robin in the same pull. I also got Gaius, so I guess that is it for me.
heh, sounds like the reverse of me: I got a 4 star marth and 5 star male robin.... except I immediately went back to reroll because I don't want them :p

Shun

All I want is Camilla, but the game is tempting me to keep this one...

2 or 3 5 stars keep it. 1, maybe keep rerolling.

No need to give that up since no one in the pool at the moment is limited and they will still be there in the future when you want to roll again.

ggx2ac

I restored my stamina using an item. It looks like it goes over the cap if you have stamina to spare. I have 51/50 stamina.

Ugh that was messier than it should have been. Droid4x wouldn't work so got Nox. My Nintendo account linking was a mess. You would think my google account being linked out would be enough. Nope needed to be signed in the web browser and hitting the link button in-game was only giving me the option to make new account in the browser until I had actually signed in...

My Nintendo has 10 orbs for free.
Edit: That is enough tog et the +100% EXP castle right off the bat...but have no orbs for summoning...

Spades

What's the deal with re-rolling? Keep deleting the game until you get a 5* character to start with? I haven't got the game yet - waiting for it to go live on iOS in the UK.

What's the deal with re-rolling? Keep deleting the game until you get a 5* character to start with? I haven't got the game yet - waiting for it to go live on iOS in the UK.
Well, for most it's more just rerolling until you get characters you want as high as they can go (for most this will be 5 stars) and yeah, it's just uninstalling and reinstalling the game to cause the 'reroll' :p

Spades

Well, for most it's more just rerolling until you get characters you want as high as they can go (for most this will be 5 stars) and yeah, it's just uninstalling and reinstalling the game to cause the 'reroll' :p

So does it make that much difference if you don't get a 5* and don't care about the characters themselves?

So does it make that much difference if you don't get a 5* and don't care about the characters themselves?
Well, a 5 star is as powerful as the character can get (minus the 20 levels you can still grind) so the star rating is worth paying some attention to, but if you're not fussed about the characters then you can safely ignore who they are for the most part because nobody really knows how good they are :p

Macrotus

I started downloading this, but just read that gatcha characters stats are randomised and now feeling like canceling it...
I wonder how much the randomisation will affect progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom