• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okamid3n

Rank 1024 with my 4518 score. It was a perfect run with my highest-stat units, so I couldn't beat it even if I wanted to.

So close.

I also have 20 orbs right now. Please release the new batch soon, I'm very trigger-happy. Must...wait...

Vashzaron

Man 4000 arena score barely etches top 30k. The week before it was top 10k. Gotta gamble soon to keep up.

Just wait for everyone to blow the billions of Dueling Crests they got instead.

Edit: I guess actually people will probably have to gamble soon as at some point anyway as time goes on more and more people will have +'d units meaning higher score potential for them since higher stat totals.

Shinypogs

Thanks, we'll try even though it's a run against time due to the goddamn Energy thing :(
I'm not sure I have the strat very clear (mostly, as Marth can beat only the sword guy probably and not even in one hit which is a problem.. he's almost useless here it seems :( ) but we'll try to grind Merric and use Lissa

edit: hmm, I just noticed Merric has 12 res by the way... I think we won't make it sadly but thanks for trying :( !
Merric has colour advantage over the blue mage and the green mage is neutral to him so his low res isnt an issue. If your wife has a my Nintendo account linked tell her to cash in coins she will have gotten for beating chapters to buy stamina potions. Again no problem sorry if it doesn't work out for you.

Kyou

the "Whoops you let up off this unit on accident and now they moved without attacking" thing is maddening

I don't know what a good fix for that is but augh

the "Whoops you let up off this unit on accident and now they moved without attacking" thing is maddening

I don't know what a good fix for that is but augh
I tap instead of dragging. That way my fat thumbs aren't covering the screen and I can see the entirety of my movement and attack options.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I tap instead of dragging. That way my fat thumbs aren't covering the screen and I can see the entirety of my movement and attack options.
Yup, I moved to tapping units instead of dragging them because I was wasting turns from accidentally releasing the screen too.

Now I only need to worry about accidentally double tapping units and ending their turns.

Durden77

So characters can have different stats, but their skills are always the same right? Or no?

Just tryin to get a sense of what characters are "good" or not so I know where to invest. Even at low stars.

Voror

Well, did my first batch of summoning since starting. Had 53 orbs saved up so went 2 full rounds and then three more.

Still haven't gotten any 5* but I guess that's just how it goes.

Got three 4* in Hinata, Kagero and Tiki, so that's nice I guess.

Threes for everyone else of course and a few repeats sadly. Some new faces like Subaki, Gaius, Eliwood and FCorrin. Guess I'll see how they end up being.

Pejo

Was content not pulling on any more banners after having a really solid team, but the 30+ orbs I was sitting on got too hot.

Did a 5 pull, and on my 4th pull (a red), picked up Lyn! Last pull was another red, but figured "why not?" and got Tharja. Monday is Waifu day confirmed. Saving the rest of my orbs for future banners.

Voror

Was content not pulling on any more banners after having a really solid team, but the 30+ orbs I was sitting on got too hot.

Did a 5 pull, and on my 4th pull (a red), picked up Lyn! Last pull was another red, but figured "why not?" and got Tharja. Monday is Waifu day confirmed. Saving the rest of my orbs for future banners.

I probably have too many reds honestly and not enough of some of the others. Got a 4* Tharja my original pull and she's been really good. So far off from being able to afford pushing her to 5* though.

Finally finished the game I'm free guys!
How did you deal with Xander?

I have Takumi and Camilla then another Takumi and Tiki Young instead... I can't scratch him and no one here seems to want to help. I'm working on a mage now (Merric) to see if that makes a diff but you don't even have a mage. What did you do?

Soule

Hmmmm I'm not sure if I've been smart about upgrading units. I've upped a couple from 2 & 3 stars to 4 stars and have just under 10k feathers left but if I left it I'd have enough for a 5 star upgrade after this season of arena.

Oh well even if it's not optimal it is more engaging and interesting ATM

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just started and got a 5* Lucina as my second pull. She only gets +9 stat up per lvl up and 6 of those go to speed. Is that bad?

If you get +9 stat per level up, your Lucina is going to be the one to rule them all. In reality, though, your per-level stat increases don't matter. Your end stats are already determined.

Flo_Evans

yes! finally beat the hard Narcian.

I had to use Camila to bait the blue mage and Marths warp to safety but it worked.

Cleared hard story now the lunatic struggle begins...

Gotchaye

Just started and got a 5* Lucina as my second pull. She only gets +9 stat up per lvl up and 6 of those go to speed. Is that bad?

You can get at most 1 point per level in each real stat. You're probably seeing 6 points going to SP every level. These are skill points that you apply towards learning skills for characters like a new special attack or a passive boost to neighbors' stats. As commish says, the final stats for each hero are predetermined, and different heroes of the same rarity and name are going to end up with very similar final stats (they can randomly have a bonus to one stat and a penalty to another).

If you have her level 1 stats available you can plug them in here to get her level 40 stats: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

ChrisD

Seven tries, one Stamina Potion, and an hour of looking for different ways to do things later, I beat Narcian's map on Normal. Screw even trying on Hard. :|

You can get at most 1 point per level in each real stat. You're probably seeing 6 points going to SP every level. These are skill points that you apply towards learning skills for characters like a new special attack or a passive boost to neighbors' stats. As commish says, the final stats for each hero are predetermined, and different heroes of the same rarity and name are going to end up with very similar final stats (they can randomly have a bonus to one stat and a penalty to another).

If you have her level 1 stats available you can plug them in here to get her level 40 stats: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator
Oh wait, yup! Thats indeed what happened! Thanks for the link, i'll go and see!

Pejo

I probably have too many reds honestly and not enough of some of the others. Got a 4* Tharja my original pull and she's been really good. So far off from being able to afford pushing her to 5* though.

I was drowning in greens so this little red boost (particularly Tharja for the ranged red damage) was really welcome.

It seems like overall greens right now just kinda suck in the meta. You have Hector and that's about it. I love my Camilla and Raven, but they just get picked apart by bow users and any of the solid red sword users.

I hope the next banners have some solid blue units.

sonicmj1

Can't decide if I should spend my orbs on Deep Devotion now, where I already have Roy and Takumi but have a 3.75% chance at a 5* character, or if I should just wait until the focuses roll over.

ChrisD

Oh I also had a question, if any of you have an answer. My Robin is 3* and has been pulling weight enough, but obviously I want to upgrade him. He's Level 31 right now. Do I wait 'till he hits 40 before upping him, or just do it ASAP (well that would have been 20 but you know what I mean)?

Draxal

I was drowning in greens so this little red boost (particularly Tharja for the ranged red damage) was really welcome.

It seems like overall greens right now just kinda suck in the meta. You have Hector and that's about it. I love my Camilla and Raven, but they just get picked apart by bow users and any of the solid red sword users.

I hope the next banners have some solid blue units.

Nino is really really good.

Flo_Evans

hmm 14 orbs... do I try and pull a Takumi or wait...

Don't really have a strong spear user but I have Robin to cover blue.

I usually run with a healer but I would like a strong archer or ninja... I have a nice Gordin at 4* but he just seems ok (lv.29) not sure if I should promote him or Camilla to 5*.

zashga

Ugh, finally got a third 5* unit, and it's a dupe. Is it better to send him home or feed him to my first one? It's Leo if that matters.

ChrisD

Just looked up who all can learn Draw Back and it turns out Sully does. Not only that, but it's pretty cheap. I have a Sully! Time to start building up a team with her included.

Durden77

So yeah I'm kinda detached from whatever true meta is happening here. I dunno how good he's supposed to be, but damn to I love my Barst. Dude's a beast.

Primary team right now is..

5*Azura
4*Barst
3*Eliwood
3*Virion

Seems to do the trick most of the time.

Anastasis

Has anyone had any luck finishing the quest "Clear 2-1 on Hard+ (Task)" having already cleared it? I cleared it a while ago, tried to play it again, sacrificed 1 member to get down to 3 (as the quest indicates) but it didn't show as completed. Did I need to have 3 members on my first clear and missed my chance?

Thanks!

Moonlight

Banned
Has anyone had any luck finishing the quest "Clear 2-1 on Hard+ (Task)" having already cleared it? I cleared it a while ago, tried to play it again, sacrificed 1 member to get down to 3 (as the quest indicates) but it didn't show as completed. Did I need to have 3 members on my first clear and missed my chance?

Thanks!
You need to literally remove a member of the team you're using for that mission in the Edit menu.

Ken

Thanks!

if it's complete with a party of 3 or less then you're supposed to start the mission with 3 or less

Flo_Evans

Thanks!

No you need to start with 3. Make a team with an empty slot.

Takumi is really, really overrated. It wouldn't surprise me if he would become a non-entity in the next few months.

but he (I thought he was a girl?) is so cool! I just like archers and he is the best one.

Qurupeke

Beat Lunatic, finally. I just noticed that Xander can counter long distance attacks, I hope he will be available soon. Seems like he'll be an OP unit.

Dreavus

Just looked up who all can learn Draw Back and it turns out Sully does. Not only that, but it's pretty cheap. I have a Sully! Time to start building up a team with her included.

I have her at level 35 - 4*. She's a good sword killer but otherwise her attack stat is pretty lacking (only 27 atm for me). Many units in the 37-39 levels can't be scratched by her unless they are red, and even when they are the results aren't mind blowing. I loved using her until endgame/max level, especially endgame arena; she just can't seem to compete. I think mine might be ATK deficient but that still seems quite low.

If I could easily jump her to 5*, then having sword breaker active above 50% HP might help (Instead of >70% where if gets turned off pretty easily), as well as the +4 ATK from the 5* weapon.

Sheentak

How did you deal with Xander?

I have Takumi and Camilla then another Takumi and Tiki Young instead... I can't scratch him and no one here seems to want to help. I'm working on a mage now (Merric) to see if that makes a diff but you don't even have a mage. What did you do?

Sacrificed a orb, I used all my units to take xander out moment I lost I done a continue.
Just focus entirely on him kill the use a continuous for the rest of the units.

Sterok

4* Sully has been pretty useful for me so far as a Red deleter, Draw Back is useful, and she can hold her own against some lance users. She's not the strongest, but in this Red infested meta I'm surprised she isn't more popular.

Sacrificed a orb, I used all my units to take xander out moment I lost I done a continue.
Just focus entirely on him kill the use a continuous for the rest of the units.

I don't understand but none of my units can touch him. Even when all the others are gone. He has crazy DEF... maybe my only hope is a Mage but looks like others have 40 non-mage units that are doing it. Maybe I just got shit stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom