• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

40 orbs for 1 Eldigan.
Gonna stop but he should be good for next Arena with 184 stats and bonus units.

Edit:
And the Ryoma account which i am thinking of throwing get 3 5* in 1 multi.
Ephraim, Klien, Clarine

Guess i am stuck with playing 2 account till one day.

Draxal

The awesome thing about Klein is that unlike Takumi, Klein is a deadly mage killer.

It's likely more people will be using mages in arena so Klein will be very handy for handling them.

Alternatives for mage killers are Kagero and Niles if you can get them at 5*.

Klein kinda sucks due the same reason as Kagero and Reinhardt, stat count is just way too low. Brave penalty is too much.

OVDRobo

Spent all the orbs I've got over the past week or so from logging in and doing missions.

Got nothing but 3* versions of characters I've already gotten before.

I guess my luck was bound to turn around eventually, but I was hoping for at least one decent blue instead of 2 Tsubaki's and an Est just so I actually had a reason to pick up the game past logging in for orbs over the next two weeks once I've done with this string of missions.

If nothing else, Nintendo/IS sure are giving me very few reasons to spend any money on this game at the moment. I'm unashamed to admit that I have no idea who any of the characters in this new banner are outside of Sanaki and I'm more the type of person to use a team of my favourites over a group of overpowered nobodies.

If nothing else, Nintendo/IS sure are giving me very few reasons to spend any money on this game at the moment. I'm unashamed to admit that I have no idea who any of the characters in this new banner are outside of Sanaki and I'm more the type of person to use a team of my favourites over a group of overpowered nobodies.

They've gone fairly hard on characters the Japanese would know. It's not too surprising as I suspect they anticipate the game will make most of its money in Japan regardless, but the fact that we're nearly a month in with no Ike - and with Sanaki of all people (as much as I like Sanaki) first - is baffling. Though if I had to hazard a guess, they're trying to save Ike for the first big story update, which is probably going to be hyped to the high heavens and will be set up to encourage tons of whaling.

ggx2ac

Klein kinda sucks due the same reason as Kagero and Reinhardt, stat count is just way too low. Brave penalty is too much.

That's why you have to balance it with higher rated units.

If it's possible to get 4* versions of these characters after the banner like with Eirika and Seliph then, over time these units will be better for Arena when you merge them to get their rating higher.

I know at the moment armoured units, lords and dragons are the way to go to get your team rating high in arena but, in a years time no one is going to keep using those same units when they are getting beaten hard by mages, daggers and archers at level 50.

As far as saving orbs goes, I'm still pulling occasionally (threw in 20 to try and snag Sanaki, ended up getting my second 5* Lyn instead) but I'm really saving up for Lute's introduction, whenever that happens. I am going to go in hard for my girl Lute, no matter what her color is (though hopefully it's blue). I'm going to have at least 100 orbs ready for that, possibly more.

Gonna be a dry two weeks for me. None of the new units appeal to me, and the next banner is even less exciting.

I hope the next arena season includes Hawkeye since he was in the last banner, otherwise I'll probably have no bonus units to field.

Qurupeke

So, I never got Eirika and the banner's dead with like 9.5% chance for 5*.............

Anyway, time to start hoarding again, spending orbs for just one hero was madness.

Shirke

Wondering if I should roll on the next banner for Effie and Nino, all my 5 stars are red and I am getting slaughtered on lunatic 8-5.

After 100 Orbs with only 3* and 3 4* dupes, I just got a Ryoma (not best nature but not the worst either). With Hector it's 2 units who can counterattack from any distance. Now to decide if I 5* Nino (+Def, -Speed), Cordelia (+Speed, -Def), Sharena or keep waiting.

linkent

Eldigan is really great!
The high stats and mobility make him kill weak hero fast.
Although suiciding, combining with Julia which heal nearby when attacking is really perfect partner for him.

Broke 4200 in ranking.
Think i can get 4500 in perfect run.
4200 still at rank 50k tho :(

Achtius

Gonna be a dry two weeks for me. None of the new units appeal to me, and the next banner is even less exciting.

I hope the next arena season includes Hawkeye since he was in the last banner, otherwise I'll probably have no bonus units to field.

Hopefully they will include robin (f) as the bonus heroes just like narcian.

Kinda want Lachesis (even if I have too many healers already), buuut I should probably wait for the next banner.

After 100 Orbs with only 3* and 3 4* dupes, I just got a Ryoma (not best nature but not the worst either). With Hector it's 2 units who can counterattack from any distance. Now to decide if I 5* Nino (+Def, -Speed), Cordelia (+Speed, -Def), Sharena or keep waiting.

Can always pull a 5* Nino (along with Effie, Felicia, and Setsuna) in a week.

ggx2ac

I got three of the six banner units: Lachesis, Eldigan, Klein.

And now I am going to stop. Save my orbs for more Ninos next week and that's it.

I am assuming next week because it will probably be the same as last time. Second banner appears for grand battle enemy which will be Ursula and will end at the same time as the current banner.

I have 14 Female Corrins including a 5*.
I have 4 Ninos including a 5* level 40+1 unit.

After Arena finishes tomorrow, I will have 3 Ninos, because then I'll have a 5* level 40+2 Nino.

Going to get her rating up!

I'm going to start a new account. At this point there isn't much for me to do on my main account except wait for new paralogues and quests, so might as well enjoy the thrill of summoning without spending money.

ggx2ac

How do you guys know what the next banner is (and when its coming)

1) They show the date for when the banner expires on that message board in 'Home'

2) The update already got data mined so there is a second banner appearing when Ursula appears which is the same thing that happened last week with Female Robin.

gaiages

Banned
Hmm, I pulled Reinhardt. Hope he ends up good, I don't have a good 5* blue unit OR 5* mage unit, so he would probably go well on my team in place of either Eirika or Tiki.

I'll have to level him up and try him out :eek:

Mupod

I don't really know who any of these characters are, and unless I'm missing something none of them look particularly good. That Effie/Nino banner would be tempting but right now it feels like my weak link is my Lyn, I could use a strong red. She saves the day with a galeforce sequence once in a while but for the most part only having 40 atk is just killing her.

Mostly curious about how many orbs they are gonna give out in the March quest set, and who the bonus arena units are this week. I've got a huge variety of 20-40 level characters so hopefully I can at least run a 4* this time.

I wonder if any of the focus units will stop dropping as 5* outside of their banners.

Isn't that what happened with Robin?

Mr. Virus

No Banner pulls but got an Effie and Linde so pretty chuffed as I was after a blue mage anyway (not really feeling MRobin). Wondering if those two will drop in usage with the brave pair though.

Anastasis

With no green focus characters, is this the best chance at pulling Hector so far? I don't really get how the percentages work when a focus color is missing.

ggx2ac

When the Nino banner comes out I might pull only greens on it.

Same, I hope to get a few. Even if they're not all 5*, I just want enough even at lower rarities to spend feathers on to merge.

With no green focus characters, is this the best chance at pulling Hector so far? I don't really get how the percentages work when a focus color is missing.

No.

If you want the best chances for a Hector, it will be when he is on the banner as a focus unit.

There are currently nine green 5* units you can get on the current banner. You will not have a good chance at getting him.

3% chance to get a 5* green unit.
Pick one from nine green star units = 11%

Combining those two probabilities you get a 0.33% chance of getting Hector.

0.33%

Oh huh he did stop dropping as 5*.

Yeah, but he's still easy to get at 3* and 4* annoyingly because it makes me think it's still possible to get a 5* version due to his special animation.

OVDRobo

You don't really have a better chance of pulling Hector, so much as you now have an average chance of pulling any green unit available on that banner with no focus units meddling with the percentages. As far as I understood it, being on focus meant that the unit had its normal 5* chance of dropping (3%+) then had an additional 3%+ chance of dropping because it was a focus unit. If you were rolling only greens and aiming for a 5* exclusive unit, you had more chance to get the focus unit because it had the additional 3+% chance of dropping over any other 5* exclusive unit.

Basically, yes. Unless there was a non-green focus banner previously in which case then would've been the best time because there were less new units messing with your odds of picking a single one.

I'll reiterate that you should never, ever try for a single specific unit unless they're on focus in a gacha game, though.

Anastasis

Same, I hope to get a few. Even if they're not all 5*, I just want enough even at lower rarities to spend feathers on to merge.

No.

If you want the best chances for a Hector, it will be when he is on the banner as a focus unit.

There are currently nine green 5* units you can get on the current banner. You will not have a good chance at getting him.

3% chance to get a 5* green unit.
Pick one from nine green star units = 11%

Combining those two probabilities you get a 0.33% chance of getting Hector.

0.33%

Yeah, but he's still easy to get at 3* and 4* annoyingly because it makes me think it's still possible to get a 5* version due to his special animation.

Thanks!

Acerac

Banned
Was hanging out with a buddy when the banner hit and did a full pull on a whim. Got Olwen and Lachesis at 5*, Hawkeye and Camilla at 4*... and Est.

Not too many meta defining characters there but I'll take it, I'm sure Olwen will have a decent bit of potential.

I think I will resist the hype this time and save my orbs for a character I really want.

Kind of salty that I missed my best chance to get Julia, but oh well. I'm still pretty happy with the Ephraim I got instead.

ggx2ac

Haha

I said before I was worried when I wasn't getting defense wins at the beginning of the arena season.

I now have 6 defense wins before the arena ends soon, 4 wins giving 267 points each, 2 wins giving 268 points each.

They really need to give you bonus feathers for every defense win you get. 500 feathers from just getting points isn't fun enough.

Theosmeo

It's a shame there's not much hype for these banner units despite some of them, Lachesis and Eltshan especially, are super cool from a character perspective. It just goes to show if you don't design characters with the saber archetype people won't spend money on them lol

Yeah, had 110 orbs saved up. Pulled three full times and got noooooooothing. Wanted to get at least one new character, but I think I'm done with this banner. Should probably save up for some characters I actually want/know.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's a shame there's not much hype for these banner units despite some of them, Lachesis and Eltshan especially, are super cool from a character perspective. It just goes to show if you don't design characters with the saber archetype people won't spend money on them lol
If only the lack of hype correlated with knowing who the characters are...

Theosmeo

If only the lack of hype correlated with knowing who the characters are...

It's true it's a vicious cycle. I want these characters to be popular to make localizations happen, but that won't happen if people haven't played the games.

Hopefully the Echoes extend to Jugdral and Elibe and they don't botch the story like they did in FE12. gaiden hype :)

Ninferno

Regarding arena defense, I would really, really want them to implement a Arena Defense Replay feature in the game. This should not take too much database storage, right? You just record what map the match took places, what the 8 units were, and the 30ish moves the 2 sides took, in a chess manual kind of data structure (e.g. A1 -> B2). When you replay the match, the in-game engine just reads the "chess manual" record and reproduce the match. It's such a fun way to gauge how effective your defense team is, and how well other people are doing, what units are giving you the most problem, and what kind of interesting strategies people are developing.

This has lots of potential, so why not? Just keep the most recent 5 matches if disk space is a concern. Hell, even just the most recent match would be so much better than having nothing at all.

Wilsongt

Uh, hm. Was expecting a more dignified art for Lachesis than what we got... I always figured she was more... Strong willed and less moe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom