• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Did a few half pulls with the new orbs and got nothing useful. 4* Camilla and 3* Adult Tiki. Woo.

Glad that they're giving more orbs though.

kswiston

Not a good day for me in FE Heroes so far.

Close to 40 orbs down the drain with almost nothing to show for it, besides 1700 feathers from sending dupes home and a 4-star Lilina, which is nice but unneeded on my team.

I also had my arena run ruined by a team of Olivia, Azura, Klein, and Tiki. I won the fight, but lost two units, which will make it impossible to get a half decent score in this set.

What's good IV for M Robin?

As long as it is not -Atk or -Spd I think it would be good to great. - Atk would be the worst. I think +Atk/-res would be the best.

Yea I probably should, been meaning to get a ranged unit for a while now as well, too bad I don't know what his IV is.

Get him up to lv 20 real quick, and check it out. When you do advance growth it will show you what the 4* stats will be and you could check that against a stat chart. Use the level up option in Allies to make it painless. Most people have an absurd amount of leveling crystals.

Gotchaye

Something that the daily Arena quests effectively prevent is going for a slightly higher score by surrendering on the difficulty selection screen when the offered Advanced match doesn't reward enough points. Now you can't do that too many times before you either have to use a crest or lose 100 feathers.

The actual change to the Arena rewards isn't that great, even though the daily quest feathers are welcome. They just extended the offense rewards by 1000 points and 500 feathers. The rank rewards aren't changed, and so a large number of players have very little reason to try to compete. This is weird because the Arena quests are clearly aimed at getting as many people as possible to play Arena.

kswiston

I have 20k feathers and need some opinions on who to promote before going ahead and spending them. Here are my current 5 and 4 star units:

gzfPi4Wl.png

MYhyBxwl.png

marrec

Banned
Pulled a Rebecca and... huh, seems kinda garbo for a 5* banner hero? Might as well just level up my Setsuna.

Pulled another Lyn tho so thats nice.

As long as it is not -Atk or -Spd I think it would be good to great. - Atk would be the worst. I think +Atk/-res would be the best.

Get him up to lv 20 real quick, and check it out. When you do advance growth it will show you what the 4* stats will be and you could check that against a stat chart. Use the level up option in Allies to make it painless. Most people have an absurd amount of leveling crystals.

Oh wow I didn't know there was a way to check an IV after they passed lvl 1 like that. Well I learnt something super useful today.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
A lot of the units on this banner are pretty much garbo sans Ninian and Karel. Their kits are good but their stat distributions are too even across the board. I would exclusively roll for Ninian if you don't have a dancer or want an all manakete team.

Tripon

I pulled a 5 star Karel. I only have 5 star Red and healers, but his weapon Wa Dao, (+10 to attack when special activates) and he has retribution (+30 to attack) as his special. He's going to slice some fools up.

I really need to get some 5 star green and blue units though.

what happens to a 4* unit if you upgrade them to 5*? they will gain the weapons/skills and better stats? but you restart at level 1?

Yes, yes, and yes. Many times the 5* weapon can grant a "skill" as well. For instance Marth's 5* weapon gives him advantage over dragon types, Sharena's reduces the attack by 4 of all enemies within two spaces, Eirika's gives her Hone attack +3. Most of these would be nice skills on their own.

So in my mostly useless orb splurge on this banner I wound up with a second Ephraim. My first one is +HP, while this new one is +RES. (They're both -SPD.) Which one should I keep as the main character when merging?

darkwing

Yes, and you'll also have to learn those skills and weapons

Yes, yes, and yes. Many times the 5* weapon can grant a "skill" as well. For instance Marth's 5* weapon gives him advantage over dragon types, Sharena's reduces the attack by 4 of all enemies within two spaces, Eirika's gives her Hone attack +3. Most of these would be nice skills on their own.

oh boy, this is getting complicated to which unit to promote

_Legacy_

Pretty meh. Poor attack, poor weapon, mediocre skills. The only thing good is her Seal Attack and her good Speed.

Rebecca seems pretty good for a healer actually. Rehab is great and she's the only horse healer with it, and she has Spur Def too.

Thought as much, oh well. She'll be good for whenever the infusions drop.

Samstrike

I have 20k feathers and need some opinions on who to promote before going ahead and spending them. Here are my current 5 and 4 star units:

gzfPi4Wl.png

MYhyBxwl.png

You should wait for the skill inheritance update coming later this week before making a decision and promoting a unit. It will probably affect the meta a lot and some units who are not that good currently could become a lot better.

Wilsongt

So I have Catria, Nino, and Chrom 4* I can upgrade...
I already have a Cain 5* for sword, and Merric 5* for green tome...

Catria a good option for blue 5* upgrade?

Pejo

Only pulled on blue for about 45 orbs, got a 4* Reinhardt and a ton of Donnel/Est. Man I must have gotten like 10 of each of those two in my neverending attempts at Azura. Is the new Blue Dragon unit a dancer like some suspected?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Do you guys always roll all of the 5 gems that come up or only certain colors you are aiming for? just curious at the distribution...

kewlmyc

Do you guys always roll all of the 5 gems that come up or only certain colors you are aiming for? just curious at the distribution...

Usually, unless I'm looking for a specific unit, like I was Nino last summon. It actually payed off too and I got a 5* Nino out of it.

Alkez

Pretty much always the colour I'm looking for. Sometimes I might open a different colour if there is no one on the banner of that colour and I'm hoping to get someone off banner. Was aiming for Elise on the princess banner (who I fortunately got) but I opened the blues too for that small chance of an off banner Azura.

J-Tier

I personally roll everything at 20 orb increments. Its like opening a booster pack, more fun that way for me.
Until I get a shite roll for all 5, then I'm salty.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Only pulled on blue for about 45 orbs, got a 4* Reinhardt and a ton of Donnel/Est. Man I must have gotten like 10 of each of those two in my neverending attempts at Azura. Is the new Blue Dragon unit a dancer like some suspected?

Yes she is (and is a dancer in FE7). You can check the skills of new characters by pressing the "New Heroes" link in the notification.

Gotchaye

Only ever colors that have focus heroes I would actually be pretty happy to get. On this banner I would pick the blues and then back out.

Westlo

Use to always do every time as 5 gem pulls but when hunting for Lucina I just went for reds... funnily enough I got her in a 5 red gem pull...

Not going to pull on red for a long time now.... red dominates my 5 star units

Red - Young Tiki, Sanaki, Eirika, Lucina
Blue - Azura, Sharena
Green - Minerva x 2
Colorless - Takumi

Nista

Not sure if I should try rolling on this banner. I already have a 5* Azura and a 4* Olivia. But I do have a 5* Tiki who could use a new friend... Worth the bother?

I'd love to use some of these feathers to promote someone, but all the predicted chaos from the skill inheritance coming up is making me antsy.

redcrayon

So no more free 2 orbs a day?
No, but there's a daily arena quest that gives an orb instead (assuming it's the same each day), plus an orb each Sunday. Less orbs but more feathers per week. I'm ok with that seeing as I've got quite a few characters I'm looking to promote.

lt519

How are the colorless in this banner? I don't have a 5* Archer or Ninja but could just promote my Kagero. She's a -hp/+SPD Kagero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom