• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Yes she is (and is a dancer in FE7). You can check the skills of new characters by pressing the "New Heroes" link in the notification.

Hell yes, an on-banner blue dancer, exactly what I needed. It's not Azura but it'll do.

Nice little tip there about the units too, thanks for that.

Looks like I'll continue to only pull blues for the foreseeable future.

Mupod

yeah I'm just picking specific colors, but the problem is I already have decent blue units and I have jack shit for green except for 5* Merric and a promising +atk -res 3* Nino.

As badly as I want a better dancer, I'd probably be better off waiting for the Minerva banner and doing pulls there because trying for a specific unit usually ends in tears. At least if I ended up with a random spread of green units, it's likely at least one of them would be good with 20-22k feathers.

explodet

augh
Arena was a meat grinder today.
I still won, but often with 1 or 2 chars left.

Waiting until tonight to pull on the new banner, fingers crossed for Ninian.

Zafir

Do you guys always roll all of the 5 gems that come up or only certain colors you are aiming for? just curious at the distribution...

Depends what I'm after. Nino banner I only pulled greens, outside of 2 blues when there wasn't a green.

How are the colorless in this banner? I don't have a 5* Archer or Ninja but could just promote my Kagero. She's a -hp/+SPD Kagero.

Only Jaffar is good out of the colourless as far as what I've seen people say. I'm not sure he's better than Kagero though.

Gotchaye

I'm sick of a balanced defense team and 3 or 4 wins a week. Trying 4* Sully with 5* Sharena, Catria, and Takumi. Hector can solo my team but surely someone's still running a bunch of reds.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm going to run an all dragon team on Arena with Ninian and see how that pans out. It's going to be hilarious.

Draxal

I'm sick of a balanced defense team and 3 or 4 wins a week. Trying 4* Sully with 5* Sharena, Catria, and Takumi. Hector can solo my team but surely someone's still running a bunch of reds.

I run Low Bst Chars with high threat value like Abel and Reindhardt.

I've checked the IV and it looks like +Spd, but atk is 14 while the range is 17-19. What the heck? Other website gave atk range 6-8...

Add the weapon Atk for the * rating you are going to. Right now you have the 4* weapon with 7 Atk equipped. At 5* he would have access to a weapon with 11 Atk. An increase of 4 Atk.

14+4=18 Atk or neutral Atk nature. Which is a really good nature, combined with +spd. With buffs he would be even stronger.

Ps the other website with the single digit range is the base attack with no weapon, or 18-11=7.

kswiston

You should wait for the skill inheritance update coming later this week before making a decision and promoting a unit. It will probably affect the meta a lot and some units who are not that good currently could become a lot better.

What day are they adding the skill transfer? Thursday?

Gotchaye

I run Low Bst Chars with high threat value like Abel and Reindhardt.

Yeah, I mostly aim to do this but I just don't have great options here - that's Takumi and Catria for me. I don't have any 5* mages and haven't bothered leveling up any 4* mages other than Ursula, who isn't actually that great (but I'll probably need her for the next two seasons). So this is about as good as I can do. I might swap out Sully (who's -Atk and so really not even that effective against reds) for a mid-20s Olivia. I'm hoping that Sully's Draw Back and Sharena's Rally Attack make the team pretty unpredictable.

Mupod

I was worried the Robin/Olivia teamup was starting to fail me after cutting it close last week, but they got somebody already today.

I'll probably just put 4 Robins in the first slot to terrorize some poor schmuck with a Takumi/Lucina team.

Sölf

Bought 48 orbs. Tried to fish for Ninian. Half my pulls didn't even have any blue in it.

4* Est, Beruka, Gunther, Cecilia, FCorrin and Merric (the only new one).
3* Odin, FCorrin and Cecilia.

I now have 4 orbs left, I will wait unitl I have a few more and try to pull again.

vctor182

Heeey new banner and free orbs, time to pull and got this!
T1zjT0Zm.png

SYNTAX182

Sölf;232042253 said:
Bought 48 orbs. Tried to fish for Ninian. Half my pulls didn't even have any blue in it.

4* Est, Beruka, Gunther, Cecilia, FCorrin and Merric (the only new one).
3* Odin, FCorrin and Cecilia.

I now have 4 orbs left, I will wait unitl I have a few more and try to pull again.

Wait, do you pull when it's not the color you want? I think it's better to pull if there are color orbs you want. Like I got Lucina by pulling all red orbs during princess banner. Now doing all blue only because I only got Sharena 4*, now I got 5* Olwen who is pretty decent and a 4* +spd -res robin. I think that orb saving thing by pulling all orbs in 1 try might be a noob trap or I was just super lucky. =)

Sölf

Wait, do you pull when it's not the color you want? I think it's better to pull if there are color orbs you want. Like I got Lucina by pulling all red orbs during princess banner. Now doing all blue only because I only got Sharena 4*, now I got 5* Olwen who is pretty decent and a 4* +spd -res robin. I think that orb saving thing by pulling all orbs in 1 try might be a noob trap or I was just super lucky. =)

I didn't do that this time. I only fished for Blue orbs, but as said, over half of the pulls had not a single blue orb in it.

I do full pulls if I actually want to pull several units, but this time I only wanted Ninian. xD

kswiston

Pretty much. A team with young Tiki, Corrin, Ninian, and Fae will just straight up wreck shit.

I always have more trouble with Nowi that Corrin or Fae, even with Falchion. Dragons have high stats though, so maybe you will need something to counter the increase in Hectors.

Draxal

Yeah, I mostly aim to do this but I just don't have great options here - that's Takumi and Catria for me. I don't have any 5* mages and haven't bothered leveling up any 4* mages other than Ursula, who isn't actually that great (but I'll probably need her for the next two seasons). So this is about as good as I can do. I might swap out Sully (who's -Atk and so really not even that effective against reds) for a mid-20s Olivia. I'm hoping that Sully's Draw Back and Sharena's Rally Attack make the team pretty unpredictable.

Things are going to change alot with skill inheritance, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Brave Units like Camilla become much more viable on defense with Death Blow, especially since that keeps the BST low.

Takumi won't be nearly as much as of a threat because he won't exchange close counter for fury like all the units will and thus will get orkoed by alot more units then he was now.

kayos90

Sölf;232043455 said:
I didn't do that this time. I only fished for Blue orbs, but as said, over half of the pulls had not a single blue orb in it.

I do full pulls if I actually want to pull several units, but this time I only wanted Ninian. xD

I had this problem as well. I would say that about 25% of the rolls conducted did not have blue orbs. I am not sure why but it was definitely annoying as fuck.

SYNTAX182

Sölf;232043455 said:

Gotcha, may you have better luck next time =)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Okay, so I keep pulling blue because I want a lot of key blue units like azura, linde, and ninian.

Look at this shit.
1noyNuv.jpg

Ekid

Not pulling on this banner as I'm only in need of a good green, so the Minerva in the banner next week interest me a lot more.

Gotchaye

Things are going to change alot with skill inheritance, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Brave Units like Camilla become much more viable on defense with Death Blow, especially since that keeps the BST low.

Takumi won't be nearly as much as of a threat because he won't exchange close counter for fury like all the units will and thus will get orkoed by alot more units then he was now.

Well, on defense I expect that Takumi is still great. Not much reason to have Fury on a defense team since it's just stat inflation with a drawback. Teams with lots of Fury just won't run into Takumis. But yeah, a Brave weapon with Deathblow and a dancer is going to go really far for the stats.

The harder part of this thing to figure out is how many chances you're going to get at defending. And of course the types of offense teams you're going to run into will change as the total stats of your defense team change. I could imagine a bunch of Furied mages actually doing pretty well on defense because the bonus stats get them matched against a bunch of melee types.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Which character should I promote to 5*? Effie or Tharja? I am leaning towards Effie since I already have 5* Sanaki.

Pejo

Okay, so I keep pulling blue because I want a lot of key blue units like azura, linde, and ninian.

Look at this shit.
1noyNuv.jpg

Dude, looks like my roster right now. I get it.

Want some real shit? I got a selection of 5 orbs that had no blue, pulled the non-color because you can't back out. Bam. The buff I had to 5* rates wasted on some stupid 5* healer.

ARGH

Mupod

Look at this shit.

it's so similar to my own roster that I did a double take. No Ephraim or Florina though.

My luck may be shit for finding 5* but I have a huge variety of units. If I continue to find jack shit in this banner I'll still be able to create a pretty formidable team with inherited skills from all my random goobers. I'm thinking Vantage on Lucina/Robin, hone/fortify buffs on everybody, raise up my 3* Nino and customize the shit out of Olivia. Hinata would give her both Fury and a Ruby Sword which would be fun.

Well, it's all just theory for now of course. But I stopped sending home dupes so my barracks are getting pretty cluttered, need a reason to clean it up.

Sushen

It's a missed opportunity for sure. It really sucks to have two more healers. Colorless orbs are pretty terrible at this point. I'll only pull on low rates and hope for 4* Kagero. I don't think I'll ever get Takumi.
That's how I feel too about the colorless being not worthy. I'll wait for a better banner as orbs are hard to come by now.

BTW I love Lucina. I was playing one of those maps that I had to send one of my units to a death trap and ended up losing 3 units to enemy range units. And with less than a half of health left, she cleaned the house. I wish there is a way to record and replay some of the matches.

kayos90

My problem with Healers is that they do not provide a good alternative as a replacement to a 4th dps/tank. It's just... lmao.

kewlmyc

It's a missed opportunity for sure. It really sucks to have two more healers. Colorless orbs are pretty terrible at this point. I'll only pull on low rates and hope for 4* Kagero. I don't think I'll ever get Takumi.

I only pull because I missed Takumi. Really want to get him in case Vantage shenanigans become a thing.

If not for that, I wouldn't bother either with colorless orbs.

Elise's a sweetie though that helps with quick leveling other units (along with two singer/dancers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom