• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with Healers is that they do not provide a good alternative as a replacement to a 4th dps/tank. It's just... lmao.

Yea the half damage is tough. Maybe they could do 33% damage. Most of them are very squishy and will have zero advantage against anyone, so the -50% DMG penalty is pretty severe. Even more so when there are only 4 spots on a team. Just reduce the dmg penalty of get rid of it.

Mupod

4,175 points with only one bonus unit. I can get behind this.

you only need one bonus unit for the full score bonus.

With one more win I'll be on track for the same score as last week, around 4250 which got me 1500 feathers. Was quite happy with that amount but I wish I wasn't stuck with 3* Sully. Yet I'd rather focus on getting Ursula ready for next week than level the -atk 4* Sully I just found.

My stat totals are so low that I run into some funny teams. Three level 36 Marths and a Catria just now. Lots of double Takumi that Robin eats for lunch. Only problem are the cavalry mages, Reinhardt is bad news for my team and even Leo is annoying. I'll need an answer for Ursula next week, Merric won't cut it.

gaiages

Banned
Lol, I was pulling only Blues to try and get Ninian, but twice there were no blues to pull so I pulled red... Got Karel and a 4* Seliph. I guess I can't complain, even if all my blue pulls were crap :p hopefully Karel is a good red sword, I really need one after Eirika didn't pan out lol

Mupod

Lol, I was pulling only Blues to try and get Ninian, but twice there were no blues to pull so I pulled red... Got Karel and a 4* Seliph. I guess I can't complain, even if all my blue pulls were crap :p hopefully Karel is a good red sword, I really need one after Eirika didn't pan out lol

from the looks of his skill set he seems very similar to Lyn, maybe even more specialized as a 'goes super saiyan at half hp' risk/reward unit. Seems like he'd be perfectly usable as long as he's not -atk or something.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So it's pretty much a guarantee that some or most of the 5* from this banner will have a 4* version after this banner is over like the sibling bonds one. I think Ninian will stay 5*. The others minus Karel will probably get a downgrade?

Azuran

Banned
Ninian who?

C65Sv8CWkAA8MUq.jpg

Off-banner base 5* are the best.

emag

I'm done.

The hard Ursula map should have been the last straw (burnt out leveling, promoting and re-leveling Nino to max to have a shot, but still needed additional promoting & leveling to get someone who could take a hit), but getting a bunch of 3 star/4 star dupes with my remaining orbs today is definitely it.

Spent way too much time (although no money) on Heroes. Maybe I'll check it out again in a few months to see if there's some fun new content.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Healers generally don't provide enough utility to be worth it. They either need to heal more, or they need some seriously good utility buffs/debuffs to make them more useful. Right now their attack debuffs are nice, but I almost never use them because it's usually suicide to apply one.

Durden77

I got 5* new samurai dude, 4* Marth and 4* Klein off of 2 summons. My luck continues to be strong. Don't really need more reds, but Klein will be a great replacement for Virion.

Oh and 4* Corin male. Really don't know who to concentrate on.

Who should I promote to 5*, Klein of Marth? I already have 2 5* Lucinas and 5*Chrom

Wichu

Spent all my free orbs this week on blue rolls. No Ninian, but I got both the other blue dragons (my second 5* Nowi). I just want a better dancer than 3* Olivia :(

Current 5* count:

Red:
Marth
Roy
Eirika

Blue:
Hinoka
MRobin
Nowi x2
Sharena

Green:
lol (probably Nino once I have enough feathers again)

Colourless:
Elise

Why am I rolling for another blue again? What's "colour balance"?

I got 5* new samurai dude, 4* Marth and 4* Klein off of 2 summons. My luck continues to be strong. Don't really need more reds, but Klein will be a great replacement for Virion.

Oh and 4* Corin male. Really don't know who to concentrate on.

Who should I promote to 5*, Klein of Marth? I already have 2 5* Lucinas and 5*Chrom

Klein easily - you already have awesome red units. Brave Bow is pretty gross.

I'm at a weird point with my crew that I feel like I have a solid foundation of 5* characters but I'm blowing away my orbs and not getting jack for em. I should be saving them, maybe, but it almost doesn't matter. I cant help but spend them.

For 5* I have
Red units, Marth and Lilina
Blue units, M Robin and Cordelia
Green units, Camilla and Fae
Colorless, Takumi and Jeorge

I also use a 4* Olivia and Lissa all the time.

I think the only type of unit I really want is a tank. Should I just use my orbs on nothing but green and hope for a hector??

I lose more stamina than I should by being screwed by enemies getting random skills screwing me over in the training tower... That plus all of them being mages when my current party is weaker against them or they will be mostly cavalry if that's the thing that can screw me over. I just hate a part of the randomness of those towers...

J-Tier

Spent 40 orbs on new banner. Got 5* Camilla. Better'n nothing I suppose. I'd really like either Azura or Ninian, either blue dancer.

I lose more stamina than I should by being screwed by enemies getting random skills screwing me over in the training tower... That plus all of them being mages when my current party is weaker against them or they will be mostly cavalry if that's the thing that can screw me over. I just hate a part of the randomness of those towers...
When there are no good units to fight against, I go into the first stratum and then surrender to reset the tower. That way I only use up 1 stamina until I get a group that fits my leveling needs.

Mupod

Wings of Mercy has boned me more times than anything else. The worst is when you move up a unit to tank a hit to start, they get the attacker to low hp, and suddenly that axe knight is all up in your blue mage's face.

And get used to checking for surprises because that's gonna be happening in arena too, soon.

Akuun

I'm at a weird point with my crew that I feel like I have a solid foundation of 5* characters but I'm blowing away my orbs and not getting jack for em. I should be saving them, maybe, but it almost doesn't matter. I cant help but spend them.

For 5* I have

I think the only type of unit I really want is a tank. Should I just use my orbs on nothing but green and hope for a hector??
Hector isn't the only tank. There are plenty of other characters who are pretty tanky and can hold more or less the same frontline role.

Nowi, Catria, Tiki, and Effie are all pretty durable on the front lines, barring their counters. But if you want an actual armored unit then yeah, Effie and Hector are your two really viable choices.

Hector isn't the only tank. There are plenty of other characters who are pretty tanky and can hold more or less the same frontline role.

Nowi, Catria, Tiki, and Effie are all pretty durable on the front lines, barring their counters. But if you want an actual armored unit then yeah, Effie and Hector are your two really viable choices.

Cool ty. Was looking up Effie and she does seem fantastic. I need her or hector. So I guess I'm pulling blues and greens in the foreseeable future.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I guess since other people are posting I might as well post mine too. Here are my 5* breakdown.

Red: Eirika, Marth, Lucina, Cain, Eldigan, Young Tiki, Leo

Blue: Ninian, Azura, CorrinF, Linde, Ephraim, Cordelia, Hinoka, Robin, Nowi

Green: Camilla

Colorless: Takumi

Akuun

Mine goes something like this:
Red: Lucina, Ryoma, Roy
Blue: Robin, Ephriam, Nowi
Grey: Jakob, Elise

I guess since other people are posting I might as well post mine too. Here are my 5* breakdown.

Red: Eirika, Marth, Lucina, Cain, Eldigan, Young Tiki, Leo

Blue: Ninian, Azura, CorrinF, Linde, Ephraim, Cordelia, Hinoka, Robin, Nowi

Good god dude, you can destroy everyone with that, at least on offense.

You could do something like Eirika, Linde, Robin/Takumi/Leo, Azura/Ninian and then just nuke/kite everything without ever getting touched.

For 5* I have

This is where I am at on one account. I only have 4 5* units though. M Robin, Roy, Eirika, and Camilla. Went fishing for Ninian to replace Camilla today and had no luck. Now I am left wondering do I go with promoting a +Atk/-spd Effie for that sweet Arena BST or a +Atk/-res Reinhardt to one shot people.

Akuun

This is where I am at on one account. I only have 4 5* units though. M Robin, Roy, Eirika, and Camilla. Went fishing for Ninian to replace Camilla today and had no luck. Now I am left wondering do I go with promoting a +Atk/-spd Effie for that sweet Arena BST or a +Atk/-res Reinhardt to one shot people.
I keep wondering if Roy and Effie are a good combination. Roy can push Effie around for some much-needed mobility and he can destroy all the greens that counter Effie. Effie can kill everything else by herself.

I keep wondering if Roy and Effie are a good combination. Roy can push Effie around for some much-needed mobility and he can destroy all the greens that counter Effie. Effie can kill everything else by herself.

Yea I am likely to upgrade her to 5* depending on the meta shift caused by skill inheritance. So I'll let you know.

She also can launch my other units out of harms way or over an obstacle to catch an enemy by surprise with Smite.

Mupod

Red: Lucina, Useless -atk Lyn
Green: Merric, was trying to get Julia but he's ok
Blue: Robin the MVP (which took reaching 5.5% appearance rate on legendary heroes to get, I think that's 200 orbs)
Colorless: I don't pull these because I have enough Clarines.

that's all free orbs plus about $60. The 3 times I spent money, I got a 5* unit as the last pull. Still waiting for my luck to turn around, but on the upside only one of my 5* units has bad IVs and Robin has a great +spd/-res.

PK Gaming

5 stars

Red: Eirika, Ryoma, Tiki, Chrom
Blue: Corrin, Ephraim, Abel, Catria
Green: Minerva
Colorless: Jeorge

Praying we get one-time opportunity to pick a free 5* because I need Hector and JULIA

Articalys

What's the deal with all the arena BST stuff? From what I can tell, it's basically a way to min-max a team so that their overall stat total keep them low enough to get picked as an opponent for weaker tiers, but the specific builds and skillsets make them far more dangerous than their raw stat total would indicate? So basically exploiting the matchmaking system to make weaker players run headlong into teams they have no chance of beating and get easier defense points?

Oh, and my only 5* is Chrom.

PK Gaming

Duh

I was worried about Takumi post-inheritance, but he can't have Close Counter and Vantage because they occupy the same slot

What was I thinking

My other account I have been far more lucky. 5* I have:

Reds: Eldigan (+Atk/-def) Eirika (-Atk/+spd), Ogma

Blues: Reinhardt (+hp/-spd)

Greens: Nino (+spd/-res), Julia, Camilla (+Atk/-res)

Colorless: Elise, and Jakob

At this point I don't know what I want to promote because my team of Eldigan, Reinhardt, Nino, and Eirika is stem rolling the arena. At this point promoting another Nino or Reinhardt may be best.

My 5* units:
Red: Tiki, M Corrin, Cain, Karel
Blue: Nowi, Linde

Don't know any of their stats except my Karel is +speed/-HP. Feel like I'm in a good place. I played pretty casually until recently, and would just summon whenever I had 20 stones. Now I'm learning a bit more and going to work with what I have and hoard stones until something that would really help me is available.

Oh we're listing our 5*s!
Red: Lucina
Blue: Robin, Nowi, Catria
Green: Anna
Colourless: Sakura, Elise
Still f2p so I'm happy with what I got even though I'd have liked to get a colourless attack unit by now.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Main Account 5*s:
Blue: Sharena, Azura (-HP, +DEF)
Colorless: Takumi (+ATK, -RES)

2nd account:
Red: Lucina, Marth, Lyn, Eirika (-ATK?, +DEF)
Blue: Ephraim (+HP, -Atk)

3rd account:
Red: Lucina (-ATK, +DEF), Marth, Lilina
Blue: Linde (+SPD, -RES)
Colorless: Sakura

fek

My 5*s:
Red: Lucina, Young Tiki
Green: Camilla, Nino, Raven, Sheena
Blue: Azura, Effie, Reinhardt

Notable bad IVs are -spd for Takumi and Nino. +spd for Reinhardt is also pretty pointless. For the rest none is ideal but they are fine.

Gotchaye

What's the deal with all the arena BST stuff? From what I can tell, it's basically a way to min-max a team so that their overall stat total keep them low enough to get picked as an opponent for weaker tiers, but the specific builds and skillsets make them far more dangerous than their raw stat total would indicate? So basically exploiting the matchmaking system to make weaker players run headlong into teams they have no chance of beating and get easier defense points?

Yes, basically. Nothing to do with "weaker tiers", but the issue is that Arena matchmaking tries to match on raw stats, which, combined with the different scoring methods for offense and defense, creates different incentives for each side.

On offense you basically want the highest-statted team you can put together but which you can still reliably get flawless victories with. In many cases you would happily take a skill that did literally nothing but add fictitious stat points with no gameplay effect. Some characters that seem strong, like Kagero, are utterly worthless if you're aiming for a high rank, just because they have low raw stats. High-level offense teams typically include lots of armor and almost exclusively melee heroes.

Defense is very different. The matchmaking is the same, of course, but there's no ranking and no distinction between various kinds of wins. Actually, at high levels probably most defense wins are not real wins but are just the other player surrendering after losing a hero or two. And what you want is just to get at least 1 win against a sufficiently high-stat team for the season. Many people's experience with a pretty balanced defense team which resembles an effective offense team is that they're cutting it close doing this - they get only a handful of wins per season, on average, and so there's a risk of missing out on 500 feathers, plus it's just kind of a fun minigame to try to figure out how to get more defense wins. There are a couple obvious ways to do this, but some involve just going in the opposite direction of what you have to do for offense. Instead of loading a team with high stats even at the cost of some actual in-game usefulness, you load up the team with characters that have particularly high impact for their stat totals. Rather than having a balanced team that can take on all comers (to win 7 games in a row), you might choose an unbalanced team that is unfavored in most of its matchups but which crushes 10% of them (maximizing the total number of wins given that the AI is not very good). You might use a hero like Kagero. The main constraint here is that you still need to have high enough stats to get 251 points.

Nothing about this strikes me as very sinister. Like, obviously "using Kagero" is not exploiting the system, but that's basically all that's being suggested. That's just how you should be building a defense team given the matchmaking system. And your defense team will basically always be matched against players with worse rosters than you because, when you pick "advanced", the game is matching you against a higher raw stat total.

Azuran

Banned
Red: Lucina, Ryoma
Blue: Nowi, Azura
Green: Minerva

Look at you people with options. I have 20k feathers so I'm still debating between M Robin and Nino.

Dee Dee

I have now over 180 orbs saved up for the special Ike + Lyn banner. (With horrible sidekicks Roy and Lucina.)
I'm not promoting any units (other then the starters and special ones like Narcian et al) thinking I might pull a higher rarity of them anyway once I drop all my orbs on that.

The wait is killing me. Hasn't anyone datamined any indication of when we get that banner yet?

scy

List time? Okay.

Account 1:
Red: Seliph, Roy, Eirika
Blue: Cordelia, Ninian
Green: Hawkeye, Hector

Account 2:
Red: Lucina, Sanaki
Blue: Linde, Nowi
Green: :lol
Colorless: :lol

My main account was about to get dropped despite Takumi status but then Hector -> Ninian happened which significantly redeemed it. Sitting on ~40k feathers but no orb income (but also nothing really to chase yet). My second account was mostly playing with rerolling and just keeping up with things. I chased Lucina for ... some reason and am sitting in a pretty awkward spot of needing a solid green mobility unit (I have a 4* Cecilia as a placeholder here) or a good tank. Basically, this account may chase a Hector, though Minerva is tempting if stripping her Takumi fodder status pans out.

Rather than having a balanced team that can take on all comers (to win 7 games in a row), you might choose an unbalanced team that is unfavored in most of its matchups but which crushes 10% of them (maximizing the total number of wins given that the AI is not very good). You might use a hero like Kagero. The main constraint here is that you still need to have high enough stats to get 251 points.

Just want to add to this, Defense teams (that is, the first team on your Edit Teams roster) will also generally avoid things like Hector, Effie due to their inability to be used properly by the AI. The true terror of defense, and why I'm kind of sad this is such a small part of the feathers meta as it were, is cavalry (sometimes fliers, depending on the map) and dancers. Reinhardt moving 6 spaces on the two bridge map is a terrifying experience. I'm holding out on some more being done with Defense teams since there's a lot more flexibility in my opinion than Offense since your goal is "get one kill" rather than "win 7 in a row."

I have now over 180 orbs saved up for the special Ike + Lyn banner. (With horrible sidekicks Roy and Lucina.)
I'm not promoting any units (other then the starters and special ones like Narcian et al) thinking I might pull a higher rarity of them anyway once I drop all my orbs on that.

The wait is killing me. Hasn't anyone datamined any indication of when we get that banner yet?

Only up to 2 weeks, which is how far each update file goes before you need a new one.

Therefore you'll only find out the current banner plus any "filler" ones like Battling X and Voting Gauntlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom