• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronk420

I understand the concept of rerolling but usually in gacha games you do a free pull as part of the tutorial, is that in this as well or is it just the orbs you get at the start?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Been reading up on skills and what not, and I think Lyn and Ryomo are going to be near the top. I had a Ryomo but rerolled.... grrr.

I understand the concept of rerolling but usually in gacha games you do a free pull as part of the tutorial, is that in this as well or is it just the orbs you get at the start?

Just free orbs.

You do get some free heroes though, but I think they're fixed. I got Virion (story), Matthew and Raigh.

kswiston

I never reroll I take what I get and just hope for better units or units I want later down the road.

I might have re-rolled if all I got were 3-star units. The story up to that point was pretty quick. However, I got 5-star Marth and Hawkeye my first time. Good enough for me. I don't have the patience to go for something more specific.

If you claim your 10 free My Nintendo stones, it takes less than 2 hours to get the 57-60 stones to roll three times. I'm closing in on roll #3 now. Story maps are quick, and you get enough my Nintendo points to buy a stamina elixir after clearing a single chapter.

Seik

Banned
As in Awakening, my Virion is slaying fool everywhere

Edit. How you reroll? I used all my orbs already tho :(

I'd like Virion on my first roll, I'm currently playing Awakening and he's in my team. Levels up quite fast and deals lots of damage. :3

EDIT: Oh, you get him in the story then? Sweet, though I guess he ends up not being strong if he's forced on you.

OceanBlue

Lol I didn't realize there were base 5* and I felt happy just getting any 5*. Hearing about the skills kinda makes me jealous. Ah well Lilina is great anyway.

Alkez

Am I the only one who doesn't plan to reroll at all?

I dunno if this counts but I have 2 phones so I planned to just start the game on both and stick with the account that I liked.

So my friend got Camilla but 4*. Does that mean she is weaker than the 5* version even if you 5* her or is just a temporary stat crutch until you evo her to 5*?

No she's not weaker than a summoned 5* version. 5* is 5*.

Been reading up on skills and what not, and I think Lyn and Ryomo are going to be near the top. I had a Ryomo but rerolled.... grrr.

Yeah it's looking that way.

guiJedi

Neo Member
4NKzwrN.gif

The gods have blessed me.

That codename steam guy... I'd reroll

Nice man! Here's hoping I have similar luck.

really want Tharja, but if I strike a nice account before I do, I'll probably settle. :/
Only notable rolls I had before was a couple Lyn's and Roy's. Like I said it goes by a LOT faster rerolling if you just do the tutorial for 15 orbs and claim the 2 free ones. Only 2 tutorial fights take less than a minute each. But then it depends on your wifi because every time you uninstall you have to download the ~300MB file again.

Haven't played yet (NA), but won't there most likely be events later on where it might be better to spend your orbs and MyNintendo stamina refills? Some people might prefer to save for then.

MiTYH

Man, after rerolling a good chunk of the day, I'm a bit sad I threw away the first account that had 5-start Lucina. Haven't seen a 5-star since...

Only notable rolls I had before was a couple Lyn's and Roy's. Like I said it goes by a LOT faster rerolling if you just do the tutorial for 15 orbs and claim the 2 free ones. Only 2 tutorial fights take less than a minute each. But then it depends on your wifi because every time you uninstall you have to download the ~300MB file again.

Don't uninstall, just delete the data from the menu.

Kakaroach

Hmm so if there is no player account level and no way to increase stamina, that is a bit worrying. One of the rewards of playing a Gacha game for a few months is the increased stamina and ability to play multiple missions.

Hopefully it ends up not being a big deal. Still waiting here in the USA.

commish

Man, after rerolling a good chunk of the day, I'm a bit sad I threw away the first account that had 5-start Lucina. Haven't seen a 5-star since...

Pretty crazy to throw that away... what were you looking to get? Multiple good 5-stars seems like a crapshoot. Could go all day w/o seeing that. Lucina is a boss.

Totakeke

So good news, you can't rng the level up stats in a single level. Restarting and getting the same level up you'll get the same stats increase. I wonder when are those values set though.

chrono01

So good news, you can't rng the level up stats in a single level. Restarting and getting the same level up you'll get the same stats increase. I wonder when are those values set though.
I'm guessing each character has set limit for each level up, probably determined the moment they're pulled. That being said, once they hit their level cap, everything will equal out and the base stats will match all other same characters of that same name/rarity.

commish

What if you fail the level and then redo it?

Totakeke

I'm guessing each character has set limit for each level up, probably determined the moment they're pulled. That being said, once they hit their level cap, everything will equal out and the base stats will match all other same characters of that same name/rarity.

Definitely will be important to find out because even at summoning, the stats can be different for the same characters and same star rank.

What if you fail the level and then redo it?

That's what I tested. You get the exact same stats on level up.

Well from what i have played so far im really liking this as a phone game. Never played FE before so have no attachment to characters.

I wonder if nintendo will keep doimg stuff like this. Seems like the perfect market audience for them.

chrono01

Definitely will be important to find out because even at summoning, the stats can be different for the same characters and same star rank.
Since people are already spending money, I can't see them making some characters better than others, just because RNG wasn't in their favor and they didn't get the appropriate stat increases with they leveled up. I understand it's a thing in the core Fire Emblem games, but gatcha games are a different beast entirely.

If they really are a chance, there has to be a way to further increase the stats so they can reach the cap, even if their luck is poor when leveling. Maybe through training or the use of items? Definitely interesting to see, though.

chrono01

what should i do with the free orbs?
In all honestly, once you get a decent team of units (hopefully during your initial re-rolls) I'd save whatever you can, just in case we get limited-time units (such as for Valentine's Day). You'll want as many in-game currency as you can get if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom