• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

How do I get my 10 free orbs?

I'll share my secret.

Bottom left menu button. Select "Auto-Battle".

Thank me later.

Oh crap that's awesome. No wonder everyone was doing 5 rolls.

Thanks

Edit ehh after a few runs 4 roll still only takes half the time of 5 roll.

Shouta

I decided fuck it and used the 20 orbs I had saved up and got a 4-star Roy. That should do me well for awhile.

Caim

If you go to a character's status screen and select skill list you can see all the skills they learn even the 5* stuff.

FireVoa

What exactly do I need to download and do the fast method for rerolling? I've easily got 10gb worth of constant reroll downloads accumulated and wanted to try doing the faster method that just requires the save file being deleted.

Skimming through I read something about APK? And Nox? Is there a step by step method for setting up an emulator? How does one have a "rooted" phone?

Cerium

Can someone tell me how I should be spending my early orbs? Save them? Pull more heroes? Invest in an upgraded castle?

Also, where do I add friends and find my own code?

Any reason people aren't 4 rolling instead of 5?

Takes about 1/3 of the time and imo worth the loss of 2 orbs. Makes rerolling for 2 5 star more bareable.

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'm quite tempted to do this.

How do I get my 10 free orbs?

I'll share my secret.

Bottom left menu button. Select "Auto-Battle".

Thank me later.

Ha, I never thought to check if there was an auto-battle, thank you.

Big Brett

I've never really played a Gacha game, so I have no idea what that entails and there's a helluva lot of vernacular i'm not understanding about pulling and orbs and whatnot, but it feels mighty good to see Fire Emblem on my phone. Seems really well put together so far. What should I know about this gacha nonsense?

Blue-kun

I think I spent more time on this than I anticipated I would... Got all the way up to Chapter 8 in the Story, rerolled like a couple times for some unit I liked, was blessed with a 5* Abel that had a Brave Lance+. Absolutely killer. It destroys everything in its path.

Also got a 4* Clarine which has been very, very helpful, and as someone who appreciates the old characters a lot more, I'm having fun. Right now looking for some oldies in the Axe/Sword department to replace my current army squads, as I'm rocking a 4* Cherche and an awful 3* Palla for those spots. Cherche is good -- I'm just not too fond of the chara herself, but Palla is dreadful and I'm only using her for lack of anything better.

A Roy, Eliwood, Marth, Lyn or something along those lines would be perfect. I've got 16 Orbs RN and ran out of Stamina, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow. But here's hoping...

That said, the game's simple but quite fast and responsive, so it's easy to pick up and play for a bit. Tactically, I'd say a lot of the difficulty or lack thereof is related to how good your charas are, and at least so far the good 5*s have made a lot of missions much easier than I'm sure they'd have been otherwise. That said, map design-wise, it's about the same as you'd find in Awakening, which for a mobage is... acceptable, I guess? It didn't work for me as a full-fledged experience on the 3DS, but in this context I think they did a good job in making something addictive and that simply works.

Small tip for those re-rolling. You can earn an orb from killing 5 flying units, meaning that if you play the second prologue mission twice you'll get an extra orb. I've found that it's much quicker to replay the second mission as opposed to completing the third prologue mission, and you'll still have 20 orbs.

Now back to purgatory.

JC Lately

8DF964AE-4C8D-4C88-9607-BF5A7AD2E2BC_zpskjqhhpjv.png

Welp. Didn't get any of my faves, but it's hard to argue with two 5* and two 4*. Even if the last pull was a dupe.

Guess I should move on and hope for Tharja in a future pull!

Kinda want to give money because I'm actually enjoying myself.

But don't feel like I need to. I seem to be able to get a lot without needing money.

I did a second 5-pull, and got some awesome stuff. 5 star Tiki, 4 star Cherche, 4 star Robin, 4 star other small dragon girl, and then a 3 star cavalry guy. I'm glad cause my first pull was pretty meh, and I'm not the re-rolling type. Game is really fun so far! The stamina system is really lenient, at least this early on.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I rolled a 5 star Hector and since the image was different, I thought it was a dud! :(

Feels bad... since all I wanted was one of the base 5 or Thraja to touch myself too... what can I say, I'm easy to please.

After a few rerolls got two 5*...Hawkeye and Maria. I'm tempted to just keep rerolling but not sure yet. Have a 4* Odin as well so I've got some range, a healer, and green axe man (Hawkeye seems pretty decent strength is insane) but the other 2 pulls I did were junk so I've got no red. Wanted that Camilla or Lyn.

mstevens

Okay so I did another 20 orb pull. Who do you guys think I should use as my squad?

5* Lyn
4* Donnel
4* Lon'qu
4* Jeorge
4* Felicia
4* Nowi
3* Virion
3* Matthew
3* Barst

I wonder if Donnel is OP like he is in awakening?

Ponn

Banned
Second pull was horrible. Got Raven and a 4* Camilla as the standouts. Well, at least i'm only 3 Camilla's away from an army of Camilla's. That will be entertaining.

Darling...darling...DARLING...Daaarling...Darling

God I have so many axe characters. Should name my squad the Friday Night Slashers.

I don't understand merging, I have two 4* Able's and I'm trying to merge them but I can't.

Two things.

You can't merge favorited/locked units.

Also, as I was trying to merge my 2 4* Robins, I saw that the "boost" disappears if you awaken someone to the next star level.

But I think you can only merge units of the same star level?

Shengar

Corrin, stop increasing all of your stats every time you leveled up.

Okay so I did another 20 orb pull. Who do you guys think I should use as my squad?

5* Lyn
4* Donnel
4* Lon'qu
4* Jeorge
4* Felicia
4* Nowi
3* Virion
3* Matthew
3* Barst

I wonder if Donnel is OP like he is in awakening?

My highest star unit is 4 and they already OP enough to plow through the game if you focused most of exp to them. So I guess you're good to go.

ExVicis

I've lost the post since but to that kind person who alerted someone else (and me) about the auto-battle feature, thank you. You saved me a lot of time and work.

Totakeke

So very high speed characters with specials could be better than they seem because each attack hit and defense hit you take (not round) reduces cooldown by one. Which means high speed characters attacking twice per turn will have their specials ready twice as fast. Some characters also have weapons or skills that allow for additional hits without the speed requirement.

I guess you could say the same for low speed but high defensive characters if they just keep absorbing hits like nothing.

Caim

Two things.

You can't merge favorited/locked units.

Also, as I was trying to merge my 2 4* Robins, I saw that the "boost" disappears if you awaken someone to the next star level.

But I think you can only merge units of the same star level?

Doesn't have to be same rarity, but unless the character receiving the merge is 5* the stats will reset, but the extra SP stays regardless.

Sterok

Current main team:

Camilla (4*)
Lucina (5*)
Sophia (4*)
Young Tiki (5*)

Seems to be going well enough, but mostly thanks to me being able to brute force these maps for the most part so far. Sophia is kind of meh though with her horrible speed.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Sigh... I didn't know about rerolling before linking my Nintendo account :(.... so I'm stuck with whatever I have unless I create a new account (which I don't want to since everything else is linked there)?

Also, apart from money, is there any way to get gems except completing new story missions?

I got 4* Jagen, 4* Arthur, and 3* Setsuna I believe... I did the special battle and got a 1* Sophia T_T...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom