• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy

Banned
Just did my first roll.

Lyn is good right? Might just stay with this.

C3tv3H9UcAINNuU.jpg:large

Quonny

Seeing all these amazing teams is depressing. Jokes on you in a month when we get Valentine Camilla and she's top tier and I save up 80 orbs and
don't get her.

//ARCANUM

At what point are you guys redeeming your orbs? I did it after the prologue ended and I could only open up 3 characters. How are you guys getting 5? Also, the 3 I got were trash.

Caim

These stat ups are kinda wild.

Was playing Arena and there was a Marth with 40 atk and not even level 20.

Mine is 22 with 33 atk.

ggx2ac

Yo, stamina runs out too quick, and takes too long to refill. Almost 4 hours to refill? And none of those level up stamina fill ups other games have? Or increases from beating the story chapters.

My.nintendo -> rewards -> stamina potion (100 platinum coins.)

Shortcut in-game:

Rewards fountain -> tap on platinum coin top-right corner -> stamina potion (100 platinum coins.)

Cerium

At what point are you guys redeeming your orbs? I did it after the prologue ended and I could only open up 3 characters. How are you guys getting 5? Also, the 3 I got were trash.

Do the three prologue chapters for 3 orbs, then go to the home castle, click on the owl, receive 2 more free orbs for a total of 20.

Then spend them all and you'll get 5 summons.

So I linked my Nintendo Account before learning about the whole reroll thing, is there anyway to unlink the Nintendo Account so i can start over?

Cerium

Guys what's the difference between 5* FOCUS and regular 5*. I got Lucina (Witness) but I am not sure which one of the two.

My understanding is that the Focus stuff is just an extra roll of the dice, so basically while Lucina is one of the Focus heroes you get a 6% chance to summon her instead of just 3%.

So I linked my Nintendo Account before learning about the whole reroll thing, is there anyway to unlink the Nintendo Account so i can start over?

Go to menu and manage account in the app, there's an option to delete all data. If you've already redeemed your 10 free orbs you won't be able to get them again though.

//ARCANUM

Do the three prologue chapters for 3 orbs, then go to the home castle, click on the owl, receive 2 more free orbs for a total of 20.

Then spend them all and you'll get 5 summons.

I did exactly that and I was down to 3 orbs after redeeming the 3rd character (I started with 20). It said it would cost 4 orbs to do the 4th character.

My understanding is that the Focus stuff is just an extra roll of the dice, so basically while Lucina is one of the Focus heroes you get a 6% chance to summon her instead of just 3%.

Go to menu and manage account. If you've already redeemed your 10 free orbs you won't be able to get them again though.

I dont think I did, how do you redeem the 10 free orbs?

Shengar

Is Robin actually any good? I have a pull with him at 3* and Ryoma.
4* Corrin is already OP enough, so I guess Robin is good if not better.
Collect 2 orbs reward from the owl, then do the story up to 3 chapters since each chapters rewards you with one. Full five rolls requires 20 orbs.
These stat ups are kinda wild.

Was playing Arena and there was a Marth with 40 atk and not even level 20.

Mine is 22 with 33 atk.

Does the majority of Arena filled with 5* units? I guess 4* and 3* is enough for the story as of now, but I guess 5* is mandatory for Arena and later end game challenge.

//ARCANUM

Collect 2 orbs reward from the owl, then do the story up to 3 chapters since each chapters rewards you with one. Full five rolls requires 20 orbs.

Does the majority of Arena filled with 5* units? I guess 4* and 3* is enough for the story as of now, but I guess 5* is mandatory for Arena and later end game challenge.

That's how I'm so confused, I had 20 orbs, redeemed 3 characters in a row and by the time I got to the 4th, I was down to 3 orbs and couldn't redeem any more.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there a difference in pulling the 4 or 5 star versions? Can you evolve the 4 stars eventually into the 5 stars?

Yeah, you just have to get a high enough level on the unit (20? 40? One of those), than you can use some items to up their rank (Which sets them back to level 1 though). It a grind, but eh.

Cerium

Is there a way to catch up on all the lore without reading a thousand wiki pages?

It's complicated. Fire Emblem is a multiverse, with different games set on different worlds, each with their own lore. It's possible to cross between worlds, although for most narrative purposes each world is separate.

The most significant of these is probably Archanea, which is where Fire Emblems 1, 2, 3, and Awakening are set. That's the world with Marth and Chrom and Lucina. You might want to start there.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, you just have to get a high enough level on the unit (20? 40? One of those), than you can use some items to up their rank (Which sets them back to level 1 though). It a grind, but eh.

Okay, good. I pulled 4 star Tharja, and I just want to make sure I'm not restricted from getting a current better version of her.

Caim

I've refilled via the Dueling Swords you can get from Platinum Points twice and on Beginner difficulty I usually see at least one 5* per team, but it has been pretty easy to deal with so far.

Haven't tried Intermediate or Advanced yet.

Kinsei

Banned
Just a heads up, once you finish all of the February challenges you'll unlock a second set that includes a challenge with 3 orbs as the reward.

Shengar

That's how I'm so confused, I had 20 orbs, redeemed 3 characters in a row and by the time I got to the 4th, I was down to 3 orbs and couldn't redeem any more.
That.....shouldm't have happened. I guess you need to do an extra chapter for one more orb.
I've refilled via the Dueling Swords you can get from Platinum Points twice and on Beginner difficulty I usually see at least one 5* per team, but it has been pretty easy to deal with so far.

Haven't tried Intermediate or Advanced yet.

Are they manageable if you don't have 5* unit yourself?

Compsiox

Banned
It's complicated. Fire Emblem is a multiverse, with different games set on different worlds, each with their own lore. It's possible to cross between worlds, although for most narrative purposes each world is separate.

The most significant of these is probably Archanea, which is where Fire Emblems 1, 2, 3, and Awakening are set. That's the world with Marth and Chrom and Lucina. You might want to start there.

Well damn. Thanks. You probably saved me from a ton of confusion.

Cerium

I dont think I did, how do you redeem the 10 free orbs?
Go to the MyNintendo site and click on redeem.

I did exactly that and I was down to 3 orbs after redeeming the 3rd character (I started with 20). It said it would cost 4 orbs to do the 4th character.
That's not normal. But now that you mention it I think it might've happened to me once during one of my many, many rerolls. I just assumed I did something wrong that time.

So many pulls without Green Stones... Sucks when you're after Camilla and Cherche! Got 3 5* Lyn so far, though. One kept on my old phone for when I get tired of this.

kagete

It looks like Stamina can't be refilled by using an orb. I had thought it would be similar to other gacha games but oh well.

Friend ID is 00816 33444

Add me!

duckroll

Disappointed in the story so far. There is no effort to tell an interesting original story, it just feels like crossover hijinx as an excuse to have a gacha mobile game...

EDarkness

Disappointed in the story so far. There is no effort to tell an interesting original story, it just feels like crossover hijinx as an excuse to have a gacha mobile game...

Seems to be par for the course. Maybe it gets better later. But I figured they wouldn't go all out. They still want folks to buy the main games.... Well, after Fates, I don't know. Maybe they forgot how to make a good story....

mstevens

Although I've been F2P in other gacha games, I threw some money down to support release day. Did a few 5 pulls and got 5* Marth, 5* Raven, 5* Tiki, 4* Robin among others. That plus my Lyn from my reroll and I think I'm set.. won't be chasing Lucina.

I'm happy about the pulls, but not so happy about the positive reinforcement I feel from spending cash ;)

Um... I hope the gameplay will become more interesting. Will be a good challenge for the developers since they are using such a tiny map. Final Fantasy Record Keeper story is as thin as it can be, but the gameplay is so good that it compensates.

Nyoro SF

I mean, the website general description of the story is one of the most generic things I've ever read in my life, lol...

jwhit28

Yeah even the DLC of Awakening had a better setup. Everything else is better than I expected though. It's great to recognize the maps and the character placement.

Xeteh

Honestly for rerolling it is so much faster to get the 15 Orbs for finishing the first part, going back to the castle and getting the 2 bonus ones from the mail and just pulling 4 heroes instead of doing all of the extra rounds for one.

What should I do with my second batch of 20 gems? Upgrade castle or do another 5 summon?

I have Takumi and Ryoma 5* and would like a strong axe wielder.

10 rerolls in a row now without a 5 star

this is exhausting and demoralizing hahaha

Haven't been paying attention on how to game the system, so I already linked my Nintendo account and wasted some orbs on my castle. Luckily I was able to pull a 5-star Tiki with the few orbs I had left.

I don't follow the series closely, so it was pretty awesome to see her turn into a dragon and 1-shot a dude.

Syntsui

What should I do with my second batch of 20 gems? Upgrade castle or do another 5 summon?

I have Takumi and Ryoma 5* and would like a strong axe wielder.
Maximize the castle and don't do any more pulls until we understand the meta. You already have two great units.

CBTech

I got a 5 star Marth, 3 Tikis (2 three star, 1 four stary), and some 3 star archer. The Marth is cool, but I wish I got some more variety. Might reroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom