• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's fine, download, 80 mb download, 60 second tutorial, download 300+ mb, grab 2 stones, do a 4 pull, rinse, repeat, kill yourself.

(it doesn't save your data unless you link you My Nintendo account)
Awesome, thanks.

What character should I be aiming for? How's the tier list?

What the fuck is rerolling and why should I give a shit?
For gacha games, the first roll is your only chance to guarantee a UR/SR/5*/whatever item from the draw since you can just delete your account and try again. So if you are bored and have no life (since it takes so much time), it's a way to get a head start in the game and "beat" the RNG.

Xeteh

And is there any real reason I should bother or is this just people being weird and obsessive?

Some people want a specific character, some want 5*s to just be stronger in general off the bat. If you're not interested in that then there's no point to rerolling since it is pretty tedious.

mstevens

And is there any real reason I should bother or is this just people being weird and obsessive?

I mean, at least in other gacha games, base 5* units are often way better than anything else. Rerolling now is the only time you can ever have unlimited rolls to get one. Otherwise, you have to just pray you'll get lucky later on.

My friend ID is 0817546491

Would love some gaf friends on there even if the multiplayer aspects are bare bones atm. My team is pretty stacked so I'll be able to help out if they implement guest units.

edit: Would you guys use a 4* Robin over a 5* Raven? My other two units are swords and a dragon unit, so both characters fill a roll.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there a way to link your Nintendo account to a new FE game after it has been linked once ?
Also whats the point of friend invites ? Can they be used ? Do we already have a GAF friend ID list ?

Cerium

I thought I could save an account by saving the deviceaccount.xml. But it seems like it does not work so I lost an account with Camellia. After about 15 rerolls, I just got this. A lot of 5 stars but not sure if they are any good. I will probably keep it because I am getting tired of doing rerolls.
The 5* Tiki is great, dragons are always overpowered in Fire Emblem.

Ultimadrago

Generous Benefactor, wherever you are, I love you. I now have my 5*.

I would like to offer a special message to all of the unwanted characters that kept getting in my way.

Fuck off: Gwendolyn, Donnel, Old Man Jagen, Gwendolyn, 5* Robin (for what was about eight times), 4* Robin, Gwendolyn, 3* Robin, Odin, Sully, Female Corrin and Gwendolyn. May you all burn in Hell.

Story is pretty much the dumbest thing ever through Chapter 3. I assume it never gets better, because there's not even a glimmer of interesting things here.

Nintendo's lucky I'm a complete sucker for collecting these FE units or I'd have dropped it already lol.

Renewed

I'm never gonna get Niles, so I'll settle for this.

C3uB3l1UMAECccg.jpg

jackal27

Banned
You people pretending like Fire Emblem's stories haven't always been silly and Anime as hell.

Enjoying the game pretty ok so far myself

Xeteh

Story is pretty much the dumbest thing ever through Chapter 3. I assume it never gets better, because there's not even a glimmer of interesting things here.

Nintendo's lucky I'm a complete sucker for collecting these FE units or I'd have dropped it already lol.

She wants all the heroes and they HAVE to fight you even if they don't really super want to.

Zeeman

So far with two pulls, I've gotten a 5* Robin and a whole bunch of 3* heroes. Got to keep getting those orbs I guess.

Being after Green Stones, I am developing an irrational hate toward those lumberjacks looking, axe wielding motherfuckers that I don't know anything about from the few Fire Emblem games I did not play!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Friend ID is 0907449165 if someone wants to add me.

Any idea why the 5 star pulls rates for me increased? I'm at 3.25% now for both 5 star, instead of 3% like before.

Xeteh

Collecting the FE heroes is fun but this is just really making me want to play a normal FE game more than anything.

She wants all the heroes and they HAVE to fight you even if they don't really super want to.
And...I can get them out of doing this by fighting them and beating them into submission?

Because that's how contracts work?

Yeah, I don't even get why they set up the game like this. You could have even used the idea of a spell and had it sound more sensible than all the contract shenanigans.

You people pretending like Fire Emblem's stories haven't always been silly and Anime as hell.

FE as a series has had some good storytelling. Awakening and Fates not so much, but earlier games in the series were much better than your average game or anime, specifically characters and world building

kewlmyc

I thought I could save an account by saving the deviceaccount.xml. But it seems like it does not work so I lost an account with Camellia. After about 15 rerolls, I just got this. A lot of 5 stars but not sure if they are any good. I will probably keep it because I am getting tired of doing rerolls.

Tiki is one of the best units right now according to a lot of people. Keep it.

Yes.

Reroll until you get a character/characters you like. It's worth it since you'll be sticking with them for pretty much the duration of your time with the game.

Than I will do just that! Although, I will miss my fantastic adult Tiki.

Friend ID is 0907449165 if someone wants to add me.

Any idea why the 5 star pulls rates for me increased? I'm at 3.25% now for both 5 star, instead of 3% like before.

The answer is in manual. Every X time you miss on better characters your chance to actually find one will increase. After 115 misses you have something around 15? Or 20? Percent chance to get a 5* character.

Got Fae, according to one Japanese list I'm looking at she's SS tier. Anyone vouch for that? I'd love to get Ryouma or Camilla but aiming for specific characters in Gacha is suicidal...

i think the tellius saga story and the story of binding blade/blazing sword was pretty good.

also the original story and mystery of emblem really is something from hardins perspective

Cerium

Awakening has good story, you just have to dig into the support conversations to find it.

Fates is trash tho.

Got Fae, according to one Japanese list I'm looking at she's SS tier. Anyone vouch for that? I'd love to get Ryouma or Camilla but aiming for specific characters in Gacha is suicidal...

I aimed for Lyn, passed up several 5* until this.

A6A1jtQ.png

Go and chase your dream.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there a way to give away rerollled accounts outside of linking it with a Nintendo account ?

Yeah I'm wondering what the perks to having friends is as well.

Hmm yeah - guess we will have to find out.

kewlmyc

This isn't silly or anime as hell though. It's barebones and dumb.

Welcome to gacha stories. Most of the ones based of already existing franchises are bare bones and dumb. Fate/Grand Order might be the only exception since the person behind the story writes visual novels for a living.

I aimed for Lyn, passed up several 5* until this.

A6A1jtQ.png

Go and chase your dream.

Damn you. I did have Lyn but that same list had her at like B rank and then updated to SS.

Well I need to go to bed and I can't do it at work (no wifi access). Guess I have my weekend planned...

Jayhawk

Spent a few hours rerolling on multiple instances tonight. I even made a macro to go through the prologue. Finally got a starter set of Ryoma and Tiki. Two base 5* was the goal. Whew.

Welcome to gacha stories. Most of the ones based of already existing franchises are bare bones and dumb. Fate/Grand Order might be the only exception since the person behind the story writes visual novels for a living.

Credit where credit is due, they put a lot more effort into their narratives than most other gacha games. But even that one is not excused from terrible writing at times, whether at the behest of Nasu or the other writers. Still beats what FEH is giving us.

duckroll

I dunno. One Piece Treasure Cruise, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Fate Grand Order, Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi. That's four gacha games based on four big franchises. They all have stories which aren't a joke like Fire Emblem Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom