• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoyz

After 7 straight hours of rerolling I got around 10 5stars, but never two in one. Almost settled on a solo tiki.
Did an extra hour and I finally won; 5star Tiki, 5star Peri, 4star Robin!

Welcome to gacha stories. Most of the ones based of already existing franchises are bare bones and dumb. Fate/Grand Order might be the only exception since the person behind the story writes visual novels for a living.
Haven't played F/GO, so i can't speak to what its story is like. The three that I've put the most time into would be Kingdom Hearts Unchained, Terra Battle and Granblue. They're certainly not the greatest stories ever written, but I think they're a magnitude more interesting than whatever this is. So far it seems like you get a dude saying "I'm the monster of the week" at the beginning of the chapter and then the dude tells me "You bested me!" at the end of each chapter with Veronica adding in a little "You meddling kids!" for good measure.

Like that's not even a story. It's not even trying to tell one.
I don't have a 3DS. :(
Oh boo :(

Golnei

Welcome to gacha stories. Most of the ones based of already existing franchises are bare bones and dumb. Fate/Grand Order might be the only exception since the person behind the story writes visual novels for a living.

Mobius Final Fantasy had a reasonably fun, self-aware story - it wasn't groundbreaking, but it served its purpose well enough. Especially in the context of Heroes, it's worth noting that it managed to incorporate decent extended scenes with its crossover characters (Ultros, Gilgamesh etc.).

gaiadyne

I dunno. One Piece Treasure Cruise, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Fate Grand Order, Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi. That's four gacha games based on four big franchises. They all have stories which aren't a joke like Fire Emblem Heroes.

I think Chain Chronicle had the best story and unlike a lot of these Gatcha games you could actually reach a conclusion... (at least you could see credits before book 2 started). It's a shame Gumi shut it down because I haven't played a Gatcha game as good as it since.

duckroll

Mobius Final Fantasy had a reasonably fun, self-aware story - it wasn't groundbreaking, but it served its purpose well enough. Especially in the context of Heroes, it's worth noting that it managed to incorporate decent extended scenes with its crossover characters (Ultros, Gilgamesh etc.).

I was being generous and not including something lile Mobius because the gacha isn't quite the same.

But yeah I think anyone who seriously plays a decent amount of mobile stuff can see that FE Heroes dropped the ball hard on the narrative. At least the map design seems good.

I think Chain Chronicle had the best story and unlike a lot of these Gatcha games you could actually reach a conclusion... (at least you could see credits before book 2 started). It's a shame Gumi shut it down because I haven't played a Gatcha game as good as it since.

Chain Chronicle is an original game. If we include that, we have Terra Battle, Granblue, and a gazillion other gacha games with interesting stories.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The biggest flaw of the game is the lack of dodging. It really really fucks over some characters. At this point if you want to use any of the high speed high attack characters YOU NEED a dedicated healer for them

Should've gone the RD part 3 and just have everybody at war with each because of a blood pact convoluted plot.

Dumb fun right there. I think that would've made a more fun plot

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I dunno. One Piece Treasure Cruise, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Fate Grand Order, Kingdom Hearts Unchained Chi. That's four gacha games based on four big franchises. They all have stories which aren't a joke like Fire Emblem Heroes.
OPTC is literally the same story as the original though...

I'm surprised they didn't even pad out the first chapter or two to do some world-building for the Emblian Empire and Askr Kingdom

There's like basically zero context for what these places are lol.

Shahadan

I already don't want to play the game anymore, there's nothing there.
I see the "some stuff built around a jackpot machine to make you think you're having fun" even more than in other gacha games.

duckroll

OPTC is literally the same story as the original though...

Nothing wrong with that. Even Record Keeper's nonstory used slices of existing FF stories to make the chapters semi interesting. FEH should have just had a Best Of FE story collection in each world and it would aleady be better.

nubbe

If anything, IS fails completely when it comes to writing "evil" characters, they are one dimensional.

Nintendo should have learned something when it came to humanizing Ganon in Wind Waker.
But nope

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay you can indeed link your Nintendo Account to a new save game if you deleted the first account.

So much better than that linked forever Facebook shit that games like Brave Exvius have,

The story definitely needs work. It's very barebones. Hopefully future updates will expand upon it.

The gameplay is really fun though. They did a great job of boiling it down to bite sized chunks. I do see the need for more stuff to do, but it just launched so I'm not too fussed about it ATM.

interesting to see they using "weekend" login bonus instead of typical "daily" login bonus. i wonder if there's no weekday login bonus, or they restrict item type to those login bonus category
edit: eh forgot that there's no login bonus for yesterday (other than launch bonus)... so login bonus is limited to weekends then?

Stalk

Only played a little bit, seems like a fun enough idea I guess. I already play Brave Exivus so I'm unsure how much time I'd put in personally. Seems like it'd have wider appeal than Miitomo and probably likely to hold longer than Mario Run, due to the f2p nature.

Does make me laugh you can boil down the FE formula to this though hah, obviously the maps are much simpler and there's some cool ideas e.g. support moves but yeah.

After 7 straight hours of rerolling I got around 10 5stars, but never two in one. Almost settled on a solo tiki.
Did an extra hour and I finally won; 5star Tiki, 5star Peri, 4star Robin!
That is 7 hours of life you can't get back =O Great that you have what you want tho haha I settled with 2 four stars after 2 reroll.

Oscar

Got a 5 star Camilla on my first roll.

don't know shit about this series but she looks cool so I'm rolling with her.

SalvaPot

I am getting a communication error. Anyone else with this problem? It happened when I got the notification for the sword and when i tried to open the app it returns me to the title screen.

Edit: I see people suggesting reinstalling. Trying that now.

Shinypogs

Made it to chapter 3 and am having a blast so far. 5 star Merric is broken as fuck and is growing on me despite not knowing him. I replaced the two starter nobels with lonqu and est who are pulling their weight while anna remains in charge until I can get a healer. I need more gba on my team tyvm though and someday naesala when he gets added.

I can do a second batch of 5 summons now but part of my brain is doing the whole ." no, hoard the orbs for later what if there is a discounted summoning event. Our team is fine."

Cerium

Hey at least it's reviewing well on App Store. Don't know how much that actually matters, but means people are enjoying the game.

I'm legitimately having more fun with this game than I did with Fates.

It's really really well made and painstakingly designed around the mobile format.

I've been re-rolling since the game came out in US and I haven't gotten any of the characters I want (Marth, Roy, Lyn, Lucina). I'm burned out. I did get a 5 star Corrin, Robin and Tiki but I don't like any of them so I re-rolled......*sigh*

Xeteh

I've been re-rolling since the game came out in US and I haven't gotten any of the characters I want (Marth, Roy, Lyn, Lucina). I'm burned out. I did get a 5 star Corrin, Robin and Tiki but I don't like any of them so I re-rolled......*sigh*

Not sure if you're going through the entire prologue or not but the fastest way to reroll is to just get the 15 orbs after the first part then the 2 bonus ones from the mail and just pull 4 heroes. It takes a fraction of the time.

Cerium

I did get a 5 star Corrin, Robin and Tiki but I don't like any of them so I re-rolled......*sigh*

Any of those would've served you well dude.

Sounds like you've been alternating banners, just pick one and keep going at it.

On my 10th or so reroll, nothing so far. Sigh dont know how much longer I can keep this up lol.

Literally no 5*? That's terrible luck.

I got Roy about five resets in, then a 5* Ogma not long after, and maybe it took about 10 rerolls or so before I finally got my homegirl.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Damn you. I did have Lyn but that same list had her at like B rank and then updated to SS.

Well I need to go to bed and I can't do it at work (no wifi access). Guess I have my weekend planned...

You are putting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much emphasis on those stupid tiers. If the game was out for months I could understand but after a few hours ...?

Rixa

Last battle of Chapter 6:
1. 3/4 my units where dead
2. All enemy units alive
3. Marth killed all the enemy without any difficulties

From L to R:
Hawkeye - Marth - Catria - Tiki
Screenshot_20170203-092557.png

Iam in the point where Auto Battle is no go. You need to manually guide your units, otherwise AB just feeds them to enemy.
I havent used orbs for energy. I have bought 80% XP increase castle (costs 8 orbs btw + earlier levels).

_woLf

Said fuck it and gave up on getting Lucina or Lyn.

Azura is pretty decent. My team is 5* Azura, 4* Sakura, Ogma and Nino.

Gambit

Okay you can indeed link your Nintendo Account to a new save game if you deleted the first account.

So much better than that linked forever Facebook shit that games like Brave Exvius have,

How? I am in the same predicament.
Downloading on second device now to xonnect with Nnid then unlink it. Hopefully this will allow me to link the new saved game

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Worked. Thanks!
Bravo !!
How? I am in the same predicament.
Downloading on second device now to xonnect with Nnid then unlink it. Hopefully this will allow me to link the new saved game

Thats exactly how you do it. Login with your NNiD on the second device - account management --> "delete all date" - and you can link this NNiD to a other Fire Emblem game.

Not sure if you're going through the entire prologue or not but the fastest way to reroll is to just get the 15 orbs after the first part then the 2 bonus ones from the mail and just pull 4 heroes. It takes a fraction of the time.

I've seen most of the people here pull 5 but since I'm tired I think I'll do just that.

Any of those would've served you well dude.

Sounds like you've been alternating banners, just pick one and keep going at it.
I've been on the same banner for over 5 hours. I'm gonna change banners now though to see if something changes for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom