• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Overwatch was a full priced game to begin with, so yeah, it better be fair. Lol! :D

This sort of pricing for mobile gambling is totally normal. You're not expected to think it is cheap or a good deal. You're supposed to get desperate when you run out of secondary currency and if you're hooked on the game it starts with "just one time..." where you pay enough to complete the pull you want. Then once you're accustomed to paying, the game hopes that long time players who have disposable income or poor self control just start paying money regularly whenever they release new characters and have "rate up" banners/events. It's a jackpot machine.

Fair point on Overwatch.

And yeah, I mean I've always heard that about mobile games like this but I didn't realize it was this bad. Yeesh. I mean if it was half the price I'd put some money into this, but $18 for a full pull, no way.

Hmm, we appear to have reached a stalemate

DL3ezaS.jpg

THis has happened to me as well lol

Anteo

I hate how the movement being limited to 2 blocks for all units screws with the flyier vs archer balance. In the main games, archers had to fear pegasus knights because they could use their increased movement and speed to get in hit them twice and kill them. Now the PKs cant do that anymore and a lone archer can zone out flyers easily

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That was my point though, the stam refreshers are making people go through content alot faster than they otherwise would be doing.

Ah, I guess my point wasn't clear, that being that, even without the stam pots, people would be out of things to do very quickly.

Rixa

When you have 31 units and only one of them is healer (3* sucky, wont use resources to it) and you are hoping for Gray orbs and plan to summon 5 times.

Screenshot_20170203-214856.png

Now to collect 5 orbs again (from Hard mode) :/.

sackninja

Just gave this game a go, are you guaranteed a level 5 for your first summon or was I just really lucky to get a level five marth.

Venfayth

The only other gacha game I really played was Monster Strike and that had a player level that you could earn EXP and increase your max stamina. I'm surprised this doesn't have anything similar. So you'll really always only have 50 stam and can only refill it with items? Because in Monster Strike when you leveled up you'd refill your stam, which was fun. If you were close to leveling up you could play a few rounds, level up, and then play a bunch more.

PK Gaming

Eh, that was basically how my recent playthrough of FE Fates Conquest went in the last few stages. Either my OP Corrin oneshot the bosses with magic or my Ophelia oneshotted them with Mjolnir. 40%-50% crit chance with 4x Damage Crit is nothing to sneeze at :p

32-31.PNG

Venfayth

I got a comm error after clearing a story chapter and I haven't been able to start the game ever since. Any ideas?

Are you playing on a rooted device? Saw a friend on twitter saying she thinks that was causing the comm errors she was getting. Dunno though.

When you have 31 units and only one of them is healer (3* sucky, wont use resources to it) and you are hoping for Gray orbs and plan to summon 5 times.

Now to collect 5 orbs again (from Hard mode) :/.

Do you need healer at all ? So far I'm mostly one shotted in single turn anyway if I make a mistake.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Kinda wish I had rerolled a bit more. Went like 3 times and stopped the first time I saw a 5-star. It was Azura, who seems alright but I'm using her more for her sing (lets another unit move a 2nd time) than as an actual attacker.

Also I've done 3 20-orb summons so far and haven't gotten any kind of healer and it feels like I really need one. I lose 1-2 of my guys every battle.

Alkez

I have 1 5* character and 1 4* character, but seeing as it apparently takes 20k feathers to go from 4* to 5* should I consider rerolling for at least 2 5*s? It's only been 1 day so it won't be too difficult to make back what I've lost.

PsionBolt

The only thing that makes me sad re:random level gains is this: it seems that gains are fixed to the character no matter how many times you try gaining that level (by dying to lose it, then gaining it in a different battle). When I got my first +0 with Nino, my immediate thought was to suicide her into a sword knight -- but then I got the same +0 the next three times she reached level 14. It's a bummer, I was thinking it was such a great plan!

Venfayth

The only thing that makes me sad re:random level gains is this: it seems that gains are fixed to the character no matter how many times you try gaining that level (by dying to lose it, then gaining it in a different battle). When I got my first +0 with Nino, my immediate thought was to suicide her into a sword knight -- but then I got the same +0 the next three times I reached level 14. It's a bummer, I was thinking it was such a great plan!

If you could do this it would be a huge pain of minmaxing, only allowing superior level gains to go through.

Kitoro

Is it confirmed that, for example, all level capped Lyn units will, at the end of the day have the same stats as any other capped Lyn?

And a 4* promoted at level 20 will have the same stats as a 4* promoted at level 40, right?

Should I reroll again guys? I finally got a Marth but don't have any 5 stars. I've been rerolling since the game came out yesterday with no luck of getting Roy,Marth,Lyn or Lucina so idk if I should keep this one since I finally got Marth or if I should reroll again until I get a 5 star of one of those characters.....

Totakeke

The only thing that makes me sad re:random level gains is this: it seems that gains are fixed to the character no matter how many times you try gaining that level (by dying to lose it, then gaining it in a different battle). When I got my first +0 with Nino, my immediate thought was to suicide her into a sword knight -- but then I got the same +0 the next three times she reached level 14. It's a bummer, I was thinking it was such a great plan!

You do not want this.

SalvaPot

Should I reroll again guys? I finally got a Marth but don't have any 5 stars. I've been rerolling since the game came out yesterday with no luck of getting Roy,Marth,Lyn or Lucina so idk if I should keep this one since I finally got Marth or if I should reroll again until I get a 5 star of one of those characters.....

Its worth it to keep rolling until you get a 5 star, the game makes it a bit hard to upgraded from 4 to 5,

Kouriozan

That's the case with 100% of gacha games, ever. They need time to come out with new content and end game stuff. If you take any mature gacha game and compare it to the game at release, the differences are ridiculous. These aren't the kind of games that you spend 4 hours on every day. There just isn't enough to do and there won't be for a long time.
I remember playing Record Keeper and Brave Exvius day one, in one week you could do everything then no update for the next 3 weeks felt super awful.
Not going to repeat the same error here.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is it confirmed that, for example, all level capped Lyn units will, at the end of the day have the same stats as any other capped Lyn?

And a 4* promoted at level 20 will have the same stats as a 4* promoted at level 40, right?

No, stats will be different. But the total stats will be the same (e.g., 20 attack, 10 HP or 25 attack and 5 HP).

I'm enjoying the game so far. Went in hoping to reroll for a 5-star or a character I really like, but when I ended up with 4-star Peri, Henry, Effie, Felicia, and Fir, I figured I'd lucked out with that and moved on. If it's as easy to burn through as people are saying it is, I might just reroll later and play through again haha.

I appreciate how clean everything is, it's very easy to figure out menu management, what things mean, etc, which is wonderful for a gatcha newcomer like me. The bite-sized maps worked out better than I expected, they're short and easy, but in a "just one more" way instead of an "I'm bored now" way. I'm definitely feeling this more than PotK.

The only nitpick I have with it is that it has kind of a beta version feel to it at times, which shows up in the "story", map variety, orb pricing, etc. I assume this is expected of this kind of game at launch, though.

Was rerolling today and got an account that has a 5* Camilla and a 5* Ryoma if anyone wants it.

You'll have to PM me your NNID info so preferably give me a dummy account or change your password after I give it to you.

Edit: Taken.

Pejo

I got a comm error after clearing a story chapter and I haven't been able to start the game ever since. Any ideas?

There was some stuff going around earlier (most likely misinformation) that this was caused by playing on a rooted device, and was some sort of shadow ban. Not sure if there's any merit to that theory, just what I read.

Weren't some of you guys saying that dragon units (Tiki, etc) can counter attack from 2 spaces away? I looked through all of her equipped skills, and she seems to only have 1 space attacks outside of her AoE thing.

NexusCell

Alright, so I just did another 20 roll, and I got a 5* Tiki and a 4* Est. Problem is that I already have a level 18 4* Tiki and a level 16 3* Est. Should I bother to continuing leveling up my lower star rating characters or can I combine them?

How do I merge units? I have two Erst (I think that's her name. Pink haired pegasus rider). One is 4* the other is 3*. I wanna merge the 3* into the 4*. How do I do it?!

Rixa

Do you need healer at all ? So far I'm mostly one shotted in single turn anyway if I make a mistake.

Yeah I could use one, In story Hard 8-3, healer would make my life easier.
Made summon, got trash (2x Lissa 3* healer with not so great skills).

Its worth it to keep rolling until you get a 5 star, the game makes it a bit hard to upgraded from 4 to 5,
But I've been rerolling for more than 8 hours.....this is the first time one of the characters I wanted shows up. I've gotten 5 star Corrin, Robin and Tiki on different rolls which I know they're good but never got Marth,Roy, Lyn or Lucina in all that time.

Totakeke

There was some stuff going around earlier (most likely misinformation) that this was caused by playing on a rooted device, and was some sort of shadow ban. Not sure if there's any merit to that theory, just what I read.

Feels like that's what I got on my Nox emulator instances.

kewlmyc

I'm confused as to how to level 4*s up to 5*s. I know you need the feathers, but do you need to first level up the 4* unit to level 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom