• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svafnir

The random stat distribution makes this game so disheartening. Get an awesome 5*? Oh wait you got a garbage distribution of your stats. Yes the stat total is the same at max, but where it's placed is not.

Fandangox

Has anyone found a solution to the 803-3001 bug? I'm tired of having to redownload the game all the time.

I also have this issue, did uninstalling and installing fix the issue for you, at least temporarily? I haven't done that cause I don't even know if its guarantee to work.

Do we know what it is causing it? Server loard? something else? I think we are gonna have to wait till IS/Nintendo fix it.

Yeah good luck for getting those feathers needed...

Screenshot_20170203-223959.png

I just downloaded this and already want to delete it.

LordPusha

Pre-registered a week ago in the Playstore, and now it's suddenly gone and my device is incompatible ?! WTF Nintendo ? I was so looking forward to playing this.

muu

Now that I have a screenshot, cripes, lol. It looks all nice and shit on the surface then WHAM they hit you with the grind.

This makes it even worse. highest streak and not accumulated? You might not even get all you need in 10 weeks if you can't get a strong streak, lol

It's still not too bad in terms of the gacha world. granblue item requirements for the "free" SSR characters were to max level and max skill a guild war weapon, then go through a series of mini upgrades that culminated in throwing a single use item that could be used to limit break your gacha weapons, and was only obtainable either through sheer dumb luck or a time limited multiplayer quest that only restocked the item once every 6-8 months. It's probably on the extreme end of things, but it requires mmo style grinding to obtain some of these characters. A flat 20k in feathers doesn't seem too bad in comparison, plus the game just came out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The random stat distribution makes this game so disheartening. Get an awesome 5*? Oh wait you got a garbage distribution of your stats. Yes the stat total is the same at max, but where it's placed is not.

Until we get content where it makes a difference, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. But I know what you mean.

Elija2

I also have this issue, did uninstalling and installing fix the issue for you, at least temporarily? I haven't done that cause I don't even know if its guarantee to work.

Do we know what it is causing it? Server loard? something else? I think we are gonna have to wait till IS/Nintendo fix it.

Yeah, reinstalling the app fixes it temporarily. I have no idea what's causing the error, but I wonder if it has something to do with my phone being rooted.

ferr

Just started playing a few hours ago and summoned a 5 star Catria and 5 star Marth. Got Catria on 2nd summon and Marth on maybe 5th or 6th. I should quit while I'm ahead.

Clunker

Just got the game, I got a bunch of horsey people.
Peri is a goddamned animal. Not that the game is very difficult at the onset but man, she can wreck a map by herself.

It's still not too bad in terms of the gacha world. granblue item requirements for the "free" SSR characters were to max level and max skill a guild war weapon, then go through a series of mini upgrades that culminated in throwing a single use item that could be used to limit break your gacha weapons, and was only obtainable either through sheer dumb luck or a time limited multiplayer quest that only restocked the item once every 6-8 months. It's probably on the extreme end of things, but it requires mmo style grinding to obtain some of these characters. A flat 20k in feathers doesn't seem too bad in comparison, plus the game just came out.
This thread is a strange amalgamation of FE fans and gacha gamers. As a guy who fell down the Granblue rabbit hole for about two months, I can say that anyone who considers FE Heroes grindy now would faint at what GBF asks people to do. I saw the mid game grind for top-level weapon pools and just laughed to myself. The game is beautiful and fun in spots but good lord.

alittlelove

Neo Member
So I've been rerolling for about 5 hours now, and I've gotten no rolls with 5-stars. I'm tempted to just go with the next roll... will it put me that far behind?

A.J.

Banned
Is triangle advantage actually useful? It seems like losing versatility to be able to one shot the weaker color like a bad trade.

Fandangox

Yeah, reinstalling the app fixes it temporarily. I have no idea what's causing the error, but I wonder if it has something to do with my phone being rooted.

People are saying that, but mine isn't rooted and I still got that error and can't get past the title screen now.

Quixzlizx

I'm already starting to feel disillusioned with the way this game is set up. What's really making me think I'm not going to like the progression structure of the game is that the currency (feathers) for the evolve mechanic is based on how well you do in PVP, so basically the players who already have top-tier teams will be the ones earning the most currency needed to evolve units, when they don't actually need it.

Quonny

I'm already starting to feel disillusioned with the way this game is set up. What's really making me think I'm not going to like the progression structure of the game is that the currency (feathers) for the evolve mechanic is based on how well you do in PVP, so basically the players who already have top-tier teams will be the ones earning the most currency needed to evolve units, when they don't actually need it.

The top tier teams will be fighting against each other once the ladder balances itself out.

The real people who will have the highest totals will be the ones who spend the money on dueling swords, but it honestly doesn't look that hard to get 3000+ score.

OVDRobo

Decided to give this a go despite not really playing mobile games, barring Final Fantasy Brave Exvius for a while a few months ago.

This is... pretty grim. The story took the most generic route possible, the art is all over the place qualitatively, there's barely any room for actual tactics because of the map size being scaled to phone screens, the battle animations are the same for every character and absolute trash. 3* and below versions of characters are completely irrelevant by the end of the normal story.

It's a game about collecting and upgrading characters where you can't get the characters you want, the only way to upgrade them to maximum potential involves spending around a month focusing on them and the gameplay you partake in to earn the items you need to upgrade the character has basically no meaning or value.

So basically, it's a gacha game through and through. Lowest possible effort while hoping for the highest possible reward based on luck, brand recognition and people with dreadful self control. It does some stuff better than other phone games for sure, but it's absolutely not a product worth any investment of actual time or money.

Least I got lucky and pulled a 5* Lyn without ever rerolling, so I had no real trouble getting through most of the 'story'.

Pangya

I don't think there's a fully random stat distribution. I believe there are different unit types that are hidden, similar to those found in say Brave Frontier or Phantom of the Kill. I've rolled 3 Lucina so far, and have been monitoring their stats every level up. Two of them have the exact same stat growth point for point each level. The other has a slightly different stat growth, with it currently having 5 less atk but 3 more speed with all of them at level 28. They currently all have the same HP, def, and res. What I'm expecting at lvl 40 is that the 2 that currently are growing exactly the same will end up exactly the same, while the other will end up with less atk but more speed than the other two, with maybe some very slight differences in res and def.

muu

Peri is a goddamned animal. Not that the game is very difficult at the onset but man, she can wreck a map by herself.

This thread is a strange amalgamation of FE fans and gacha gamers. As a guy who fell down the Granblue rabbit hole for about two months, I can say that anyone who considers FE Heroes grindy now would faint at what GBF asks people to do. I saw the mid game grind for top-level weapon pools and just laughed to myself. The game is beautiful and fun in spots but good lord.

I got into it thru old FF11 friends that were playing and saying how much it felt like mobile FF11. They were right -- the level grind, the item grind for limit breaking, the event grind for peasant SSR weapons, the magna grind for magna weaps... It was great and huge fun for awhile, then I realized it was taking an hour minimum for all the daily stuff you HAD to do since it would be wasteful not to do, then guild wars got to the point that you HAD to spend your full assault time collecting meat to do EX+, then the bosses that actually required coordinating amongst other people showed up... it definitely became too much.

It'd be great if FEH follows the FGO trajectory -- engrossing story, not a huge amount of pressure to do events and such since you're at best getting something equivalent to lower-tier gacha items, and waifu/husbando overload. A flat 3% focus rate up might actually be dangerous since, whereas you could blow off all the FGO pickups because lol 1% chance at 5* servants we're looking at a constant 6% chance at 5* even w/o any sort of rate-up fests.

R0ckman

Decided to give this a go despite not really playing mobile games, barring Final Fantasy Brave Exvius for a while a few months ago.

This is... pretty grim. The story took the most generic route possible, the art is all over the place qualitatively, there's barely any room for actual tactics because of the map size being scaled to phone screens, the battle animations are the same for every character and absolute trash. 3* and below versions of characters are completely irrelevant by the end of the normal story.

It's a game about collecting and upgrading characters where you can't get the characters you want, the only way to upgrade them to maximum potential involves spending around a month focusing on them and the gameplay you partake in to earn the items you need to upgrade the character has basically no meaning or value.

So basically, it's a phone game through and through. Lowest possible effort while hoping for the highest possible reward based on luck, brand recognition and people with dreadful self control. It does some stuff better than other phone games for sure, but it's absolutely not a product worth any investment of actual time or money.
Welcome to mobile gaming.

My wife seems to be enjoying it.

This is the first gacha game since PAD that I actually enjoy playing gameplay wise. Could not stand Exvius. The polish here is great too. Hope they build on it and it becomes successful for them.

Svafnir

I don't think there's a fully random stat distribution. I believe there are different unit types that are hidden, similar to those found in say Brave Frontier or Phantom of the Kill. I've rolled 3 Lucina so far, and have been monitoring their stats every level up. Two of them have the exact same stat growth point for point each level. The other has a slightly different stat growth, with it currently having 5 less atk but 3 more speed with all of them at level 28. They currently all have the same HP, def, and res. What I'm expecting at lvl 40 is that the 2 that currently are growing exactly the same will end up exactly the same, while the other will end up with less atk but more speed than the other two, with maybe some very slight differences in res and def.

The amount of stats is the same. The distribution is different. People have posted screenshots of max levels units where the speed of attack differed by 10. Maybe there are hidden unit types, but that's still annoying if you are going to have to get 6+ of the same hero until you get the one you want.

toneroni

First time I tried rerolling at these kind of games and got a Lyn with a bunch of 3* and a 4* on my 3rd try. Is that good enough? Just wondering what the usual is.

commish

The amount of stats is the same. The distribution is different. People have posted screenshots of max levels units where the speed of attack differed by 10. Maybe there are hidden unit types, but that's still annoying if you are going to have to get 6+ of the same hero until you get the one you want.

Yeah...

Hmmm just read on Reddit that the stats DON'T always even out at level cap, so one character could be significantly better than another. That's really lame.

commish

What does the speed stat do anyways? I've always been curious. Does that control the multi-attacks?

If you have 5 or more speed advantage over your opponent, you attack twice. Obviously, a fantastic stat.

pariah164

What units are you using so far? I made it to midway Chapter 8 using a team of 2 4 stars (Sophia and Barst) a 3 star (Shanna) and a 2 star (Matthew)
My team:

5 Star - Level 16 Camilla
4 Star - Level 12 Gordin (been using the training tower to level him)
4 Star - Level 15 Nowi
3 Star - Level 16 Selena

Pangya

Yeah...

Hmmm just read on Reddit that the stats DON'T always even out at level cap, so one character could be significantly better than another. That's really lame.

Where did you read that? I'd like to see multiple level 40 screenshots where the total stat points don't add up to the same. Also that screenshot isn't a good indication since there's a 4 level difference on top of 11 levels left of stat growth that is undetermined.

So my last pull with a Tharja (the third Tharja after nearly a day of pulls) seems to be the one im keeping.
She is still 4 stars, but in the same roll I got a 4 star Gaius and a 4 star Fae.

And im doing the story right now and seems that the luck is on my side when giving stats to all the characters.
Got even the mynintendo orbs, now im waiting to get some more orbs so I can make two full pulls.

Really hoping I can get a 5 star at least or a good healer.

The problem I have right now is that Fae, the small girl that turns into a giante bird/dragon has good stats (except for speed) but I dont know where she is good at. What are this type of characters strong to?

Quonny

Yeah...

Reddit only proved that level 40 enemy NPC units don't have the same stat totals as level 40 player units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom