• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Are we playing the same game? Extremely tedious minmaxing is the point of games like this. I also consider it a mistake on the game's part that weapons aren't gacha-based!

There isn't a single Fire Emblem game in existence where you need to min max. Fire Emblem Heroes isn't any different.

Also gacha-based weapons sounds like a massive hassle!

Is there more to friends that I'm seeing? I have a few from PvP battles. It seems that a unit from another person will show up at random and hand you feathers, but that seems to be the extent of it. Also, there's a "greet" button, but it seems to be greyed out despite having a few people on my list. Is there any point in having lots of friends?

kswiston

Is there more to friends that I'm seeing? I have a few from PvP battles. It seems that a unit from another person will show up at random and hand you feathers, but that seems to be the extent of it. Also, there's a "greet" button, but it seems to be greyed out despite having a few people on my list. Is there any point in having lots of friends?

They will probably expand it later. For now it's just feathers I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The only thing that makes me sad re:random level gains is this: it seems that gains are fixed to the character no matter how many times you try gaining that level (by dying to lose it, then gaining it in a different battle). When I got my first +0 with Nino, my immediate thought was to suicide her into a sword knight -- but then I got the same +0 the next three times she reached level 14. It's a bummer, I was thinking it was such a great plan!

Apparently characters have a fixed total stat growth, but the specific stats they get are random.

Are we playing the same game? Extremely tedious minmaxing is the point of games like this. I also consider it a mistake on the game's part that weapons aren't gacha-based!

Just wait, I am sure there will eventually be items that grant characters skills additional skills, and those items will be gacha based. All Characters have 3 skill slots, but a number only seem to use of 2 of them.

Shinypogs

Chapter 8 cleared. Part 5 much easier than part 4 . Now to see if I can clear chapter 9 with my main crew. Btw does anyone know if you keep your skill points when raising a characters star level. I'm not sure if I should buy est more skills or save til she's got more options at a higher rank.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There isn't a single Fire Emblem game in existence where you need to min max. Fire Emblem Heroes isn't any different.

Also gacha-based weapons sounds like a massive hassle!

There are very few games in existence, period, where you NEED to min-max in order to win.

KHlover

Banned
screenshot_20170203-2xnx6g.png

That Lv. up *Kreygasm*

Well, this thread has certainly taken off.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the game—cleared Chapter 1 on Hard and 2/3 on Normal, with a few trials and challenge events on the side—and I can see already that I can get what satisfaction I want out of the game without ever spending a dime, which was what concerned me. I'm guessing I haven't hit a serious progression wall yet, but even then, this game finally provides a point dump for My Nintendo, where I have a year's worth of unspent coins from Miitomo that might as well go here before they expire.

As a serious Fire Emblem player since FE7, it's actually kind of nice to have a bite-sized game like this act like a series of checkmate puzzles—nothing to be mistaken for the full experience, but just enough to keep the arithmetic and positional thinking well exercised. I'm finding that I carefully keep everyone alive just out of habit, even when it isn't at all necessary. The real FE games have programmed me against making sacrifice plays.

I love the bombastic vocal theme. The sentimental attachment to the series runs deep, and boy, do the music and sound design play it like a fiddle.

wrowa

Is it best to raise the star level of a unit as soon as it hits level 20, or wait until level 40?
Both levels and stats will reset to level 1 again anyway, so I don't think it makes a difference.

Also, chances are you won't be able to afford the cost of raising the star level to begin with. :p

Semajer

Well, this thread has certainly taken off.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the game—cleared Chapter 1 on Hard and 2/3 on Normal, with a few trials and challenge events on the side—and I can see already that I can get what satisfaction I want out of the game without ever spending a dime, which was what concerned me. I'm guessing I haven't hit a serious progression wall yet, but even then, this game finally provides a point dump for My Nintendo, where I have a year's worth of unspent coins from Miitomo that might as well go here before they expire.

As a serious Fire Emblem player since FE7, it's actually kind of nice to have a bite-sized game like this act like a series of checkmate puzzles—nothing to be mistaken for the full experience, but just enough to keep the arithmetic and positional thinking well exercised. I'm finding that I carefully keep everyone alive just out of habit, even when it isn't at all necessary. The real FE games have programmed me against making sacrifice plays.

I love the bombastic vocal theme. The sentimental attachment to the series runs deep, and boy, do the music and sound design play it like a fiddle.

Both levels and stats get resetet to level 1 again anyway, so I don't think it makes a difference.

Also, chances are you won't be able to afford the cost of raising the star level to begin with. :p

Alright. Thanks. I wasn't sure if all the stats reset. If they didn't that would make levelling 1 stars to level 40 all the way to 5 star the best possible unit, but that would take years.

Rixa

Is it best to raise the star level of a unit as soon as it hits level 20, or wait until level 40?

ASAP, but good luck having the feathers required anytime soon.

Both levels and stats get resetet to level 1 again anyway, so I don't think it makes a difference.

Alright. Thanks. I wasn't sure if all the stats reset. If they didn't that would make levelling 1 stars to level 40 all the way to 5 star the best possible unit, but that would take years.

Yeah good luck for getting those feathers needed...

Screenshot_20170203-223959.png

13ruce

Banned
Got female corrin and tharja and a few other 4 star characters well i give up on rerolling i like these 2 i will level them up to 5 star someday lol. Lets play.

muu

if you get some 3 star characters you dislike you can send them home for 150 feathers, but it would still take ages to get 20k that way.

Arena might be the best bet. 3000+ medals gets you 1600, with each season lasting a week you should have 21 battles to get to that amount. With the way these games go 10 weeks to get your character to max rarity isn't all that bad. Surprised they don't even have level cap limit breaking.

Wanderer5

Did a few rounds of the training tower with Takumi killing most of the enemies, and blam didn't take long to get him to level 17 ish heh (probably helps that I had fully upgraded the castle XD).

Made a new team with him, Hinoka, Lissa, and Barst.

Ashodin

Yo seeing people's first time in Gacha is funny

Also 20k for 5* is way too fucking much. People will reroll until they get all 5*.

wrowa

Arena might be the best bet. 3000+ medals gets you 1600, with each season lasting a week you should have 21 battles to get to that amount. With the way these games go 10 weeks to get your character to max rarity isn't all that bad. Surprised they don't even have level cap limit breaking.

Arena doesn't work that way, sadly. Points don't add up, only your best streak counts in the end.

Firemind

Heh, I don't think I can beat 9-2 on normal with all the high def characters using my default team so far.

For the complaints about difficulty, they didn't tune it expecting everyone to have 5* characters.
I'm at 9-5 and I only have two characters above lvl. 20, both are 4*. Rest are cannon fodder lol

LProtag

After getting 3 5*'s I'm getting all shitty rolls.

I'm getting worried about the limit to orbs too. I wonder how we'll get more when story mode is fully beaten. I already beat normal.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Try to summon orbs that will give you axe users, after that, its all luck.

If i remember correctly, Axe users are green orbs. So choose them and hope for the best.

(But of course you can spend a few grand on in app purchases to achieve that) Just saying..

Got it, thanks. Does choosing the two different groupings of heroes when rolling (I think they're called Legendary and Loyalty? It's something like that) have an impact on random characters or only on the special "Focus" characters you can find? I.e. if I want Hawkeye, do I need to choose a specific group?

After getting 3 5*'s I'm getting all shitty rolls.

I'm getting worried about the limit to orbs too. I wonder how we'll get more when story mode is fully beaten. I already beat normal.

I think I read that new chapters will be added? But I could be wrong.

I've rolled twice here is my team so far.

Camila 5*
Azura 5*
Cordelia 4*
Adult Kiki 4*

I don't know why I keep rerolling. I should probably stop and link this team to Nintendo no?

Shouta

Yeah good luck for getting those feathers needed...

Screenshot_20170203-223959.png

Now that I have a screenshot, cripes, lol. It looks all nice and shit on the surface then WHAM they hit you with the grind.

Arena doesn't work that way, sadly. Points don't add up, only your best streak counts in the end.

This makes it even worse. highest streak and not accumulated? You might not even get all you need in 10 weeks if you can't get a strong streak, lol

EDarkness

Now that I have a screenshot, cripes, lol. It looks all nice and shit on the surface then WHAM they hit you with the grind.

This makes it even worse. highest streak and not accumulated? You might not even get all you need in 10 weeks if you can't get a strong streak, lol

I'm thinking this kind of thing is going to be adjusted sooner rather than later. It's like they set this stuff up during testing without really seeing how it was going to work in the real world. I don't mind doing a bit of grinding, but I don't want to be doing THAT kind of grinding....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom