• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Where did you read that? I'd like to see multiple level 40 screenshots where the total stat points don't add up to the same. Also that screenshot isn't a good indication since there's a 4 level difference on top of 11 levels left of stat growth that is undetermined.

4 levels can't make up 13 speed. That is an ENORMOUS difference in the quality of the unit, even if they are 4 levels apart.

Two level 40 units. 161 total stats vs. 163. Don't know if their skills could make a difference? Or some other factor. Also have no idea how big the delta could be - 2 stats is not huge but the fact that the stats are different period is a big deal imo.

05h5RnA.jpg

There are other screenshots out there.

Reddit only proved that level 40 enemy NPC units don't have the same stat totals as level 40 player units.

Hmm? Not sure I am following... I wouldn't expect NPC and player units to have same stats... right?

Anyway, I hope I am way off base.

Biske

Wait hold on, there are people who play fire emblem for the story? For real?

Fire Emblem has a shit story every time, and horrible dialogue. Every time its "Im good so go team, lets do our best!" or "I'm bad, so grrr! Evil! See how evil I am!!"

Terrible.

One of the best parts of this game, is it streamlines all that crap out of it. Better battle maps would be nice, as the strategy on every one is wait for the enemy to move out, or lure them out and then murder them all.

But all in all as a bite sized FE, pretty good.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So my last pull with a Tharja (the third Tharja after nearly a day of pulls) seems to be the one im keeping.
She is still 4 stars, but in the same roll I got a 4 star Gaius and a 4 star Fae.

And im doing the story right now and seems that the luck is on my side when giving stats to all the characters.
Got even the mynintendo orbs, now im waiting to get some more orbs so I can make two full pulls.

Really hoping I can get a 5 star at least or a good healer.

The problem I have right now is that Fae, the small girl that turns into a giante bird/dragon has good stats (except for speed) but I dont know where she is good at. What are this type of characters strong to?

She should still have a colored symbol representing her attack in her character info/thumbnail. For example, I have Tiki and her attack symbol is red. Dragons, mages, and fighters all have colors and fit into the same weapons triangle in Heroes. The only characters outside of it in this game are the gray ones like archers.

Quonny

4 levels can't make up 13 speed. That is an ENORMOUS difference in the quality of the unit, even if they are 4 levels apart.

Two level 40 units. 161 total stats vs. 163. Don't know if their skills could make a difference? Or some other factor. Also have no idea how big the delta could be - 2 stats is not huge but the fact that the stats are different period is a big deal imo.
Was that stronger one merged with another duplicate to get those two stat points? We don't know.

But yes, any variation on stat totals is bullshit if they're both 'raw' 40s.

commish

Was that stronger one merged with another duplicate to get those two stat points? We don't know.

Do mergers give so few stat benefits? 2 would seem like it's not worth it at all. I honestly don't know how all the mechanics work yet. Either way, this is something that will be easily verifiable in the coming days.

aett

I finally got one of the characters I want, but the other four were all three-star characters I don't recognize at all - and two of them were duplicates! Guess I'll keep rerolling over the weekend. (I have a problem.)

Quonny

Do mergers give so few stat benefits? 2 would seem like it's not worth it at all. I honestly don't know how all the mechanics work yet. Either way, this is something that will be easily verifiable in the coming days.

Yep, merges give bonus stats as long as the sacrifice is the same rarity or higher.

WELP NEVERMIND. You get 40+1 if you merge.

v yep just noticed

Draxal

You can tell if they are merged as it would be 40+(x).

Where x is the number of merges.

commish

I finally got one of the characters I want, but the other four were all three-star characters I don't recognize at all - and two of them were duplicates! Guess I'll keep rerolling over the weekend. (I have a problem.)

You're insane. I don't care if the other 4 characters were pieces of monkey poop, as long as I got the unit I was after.

She should still have a colored symbol representing her attack in her character info/thumbnail. For example, I have Tiki and her attack symbol is red. Dragons, mages, and fighters all have colors and fit into the same weapons triangle in Heroes. The only characters outside of it in this game are the gray ones like archers.

She is green, suppose is crap against swords then.

You're insane. I don't care if the other 4 characters were pieces of monkey poop, as long as I got the unit I was after.

Man I have been doing this since yesterday. Thankfully some hours ago I got the Tharja plus two other 4 star characters. Gaius from Awakening is one of them and is wrecking thankfully. I just hope I get a gold one in my next rolls.

Vena

Unless feathers start arriving in sets of multiple thousands rather than 5) from units in your castle, there's no way its feasible to promote anything but your most darling of units to 5-stars.

kswiston

You really start to notice a difference between good and not so good units past level 15 or so.

Also, I wonder why the ranking sites have Chrom so low. Seems pretty good to me for a physical unit killer.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
She is green, suppose is crap against swords then.

Yep. Bad against fire magic and swords, good against lances and electric magic. If you're ever in doubt, go by the symbols because other information can be slightly confusing; for example, my Tiki is red and acts as a red but her attacks are lightning.

Quonny

Wow, random stat totals is a super bummer. Such a bummer that if they keep it the way it is, I dunno how much I'll be playing this.

Obviously it's only day 2, but this needs to be fixed or systems need to be put in to not make this matter so much.

Kinsei

Banned
Damn, the intermediate difficulty in the arena sure did have a huge jump since last night. Instead of characters around level 10 it's now filled with level 20+ characters. I still haven't failed a match yet though!

It also seems like my team was able to beat someone that challenged me!

McBryBry

Got a 5 star Robin and Azura after a reroll on my starting orbs, they're wrecking everything in their way. How do I get more orbs besides 1 per win.?

Kouriozan

Eh, I've been re-rolling on a second phone for 5 hours today and only pulled a single 5* Lyn a few mins ago. I'm after a Felicia and any interesting 5* but the best roll I've had was a 3* Felicia and 3* Tiki so far. This gacha is honestly the worst I've encountered in any F2P by a country mile.

I suggest you to NOT LOOK at Brave Exvius. :p

Credo

I just got a 5 star Takumi, but the rest of my units were 3 stars I didn't care anything about. Probably should've just gone with it to save myself the headache, but after seeing the posts about how much it costs to promote units to 5 star level, I think I'll keep at it a bit longer.

rhandino

Banned
Decided to use my 20 orbs and only got 1 red and it was Draug (At least I know him from Tokyo Mirage Sessions) some flops from that flop game called Seal of Flames, Saizo and my only 5 star is Cordelia from Awakening.

Disgusting. Let me go trough the rest of Story Mode to get more orbs.

muu

Damn, the intermediate difficulty in the arena sure did have a huge jump since last night. Instead of characters around level 10 it's now filled with level 20+ characters. I still haven't failed a match yet though!

It also seems like my team was able to beat someone that challenged me!

Almost seems like total level of enemies in arena is determined by difficulty and the level of characters you bring in. I failed my 3rd attempt because my guys were all ~12 at the time, and opposing side was 5-6-7-20 or something stupid like that, and the 20 wiped us.

I'm afraid to spend orbs on pulls. I don't care about any of the current focus characters.

I hope we hear about some new banners soon.

Just did my second 20 pull on the same save.
Fuck my bad luck, everyone was one of those 3 star characters that repeats on every fucking reroll I did before and the only one I liked, Setsuna was a 3 star instead of 4.

syncyes

I said "fuck it" on 9-5 and used the resurrection item.

Which is basically the equivalent of Phoenix Mode

I've become a casual :(

Gotchaye

I merged two 2* Virions and the benefit you get is just a single level-up that doesn't actually increase their level. I did not merge two 5*s but I looked at what it was promising to do if I did and it was suggesting the same +1 level bonus, and that persisted even after leveling up the card I was going to merge in. But this is apparent on the stat screen, so it's not what's going on here.

Sölf

I unlocked Lunatic quests. It's not nice. These are in German, I translate them below:

- Use blue allies to defeat 15 level 35 enemies.
- Use mounted allies to defeat 15 level 35 enemies.
- Defeat 15 level 35 green enemies.
- Defeat 15 level 35 armored enemies.
- Use 4 infantry units in chapter 6-5 on lunatic difficulty, all must survive.
- Use Felicia in chapter 6-1 on lunatic difficulty, all allies must survive.
- Finish floor 8 in the training tower 15 times.
- Finish 15 arena matches on the highest difficulty.

psaman17

Banned
I dont like that they allow duplicate units on the same team. Makes for boring team composition. Everybody will be using 4 of the same unit once the internet finds out who the strongest is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom