• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

kiryogi

Banned
How's the quality of the Treehouse's localizations? Do we have any games to use as references?

Treehouse is Nintendo's Inhouse Localization Team, and probably the best in the industry. Even 8-4 looks to them.

Nintendo’s internal localization group, Treehouse, has a reputation for putting out exceptional translations. Is there anything from that division that you’ve been able to learn from, by working with Nintendo, or is there anything specific from that team that you strive to emulate at 8-4?

8-4: “Absolutely. Paper Mario was one of the first games that really opened our eyes to how much a great localization can really add to a game experience.

Generally, Nintendo’s localizations are like Pixar movies: they have this really massive, super-wide appeal, yet somehow they don’t feel dumbed-down at all. Most people probably don’t realize how incredibly difficult that is to do – to make something that kids can understand but adults don’t feel insulted by. They do it with clever wordplay, they do it with incredible characterizations, they do it by coming up with great names for everything – they do it in all sorts of different ways.

To be honest, it can be frustrating to work in an industry where all too often simply translating text "good enough” to be understood is seen as good enough. Sometimes we still wake up at night in a cold sweat screaming “YOU DEFEATED.”

Nintendo isn’t like that. They shed blood, sweat, and tears on every aspect when they bring their games into English, and it shows. They give localization the love and respect we think it deserves, so yeah, you could say we are fans.

Any word on whether this is New 3DS enhanced? Intelligent Systems' last game, Fullblox/Stretchmo, was to quite the extent, with more ambitious visuals and setups that meant only N3DS could target 60fps.

Regardless, this has evidently received a bigger budget than the last game, I've noticed a lot more in-game cutscenes which would usually be done with textbox chatter, and the new engine, which seamlessly switches from battle to map scenes, is neat.

Lunar15

So if you use the voucher for the 3rd campaign it should theoretically be "usable" with any version of the rest of the main game right? Thinking of just purchasing the digital version of anya oukoku and using the SE voucher for the 3rd campaign because after reading that one spoiler ITT I kind of don't want to play the byakuya route anymore ( ´_ゝ`)

Yes, John of 8-4 also mentioned that they're not the ones working on it this time.

Wait? 8-4 not working on it? Is it treehouse proper?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How's the quality of the Treehouse's localizations? Do we have any games to use as references?

They have the biggest and arguably best localization team when it comes to Japanese and English. I don't think any company takes product localization as seriously as Nintendo. Or at least, no one pours in the same amount of resources.

NeonZ

Speaking about Amiibo, does anyone who have the game here also have an Amiibo? I'm curious about what happens if you use Parallel Seals on them. What are their class choices (if any)? I've seen Amiibo characters in the streams several times, but never anyone attempting to use those.

Of the revealed TCG chara so far, all of them except Minerva are available via amiibo.

You'll need to get a code for Minerva from buying a pack.

I think the tcg and amiibo versions of Marth and Lucina are different.

Yes, they're different. Amiibo Lucina and the TCG one at the very least have different portraits and faces (TCG is masked Lucina). They probably had different stats and skills, but I couldn't see them in the video. Amiibo Marth and TCG Marth had different portraits and map sprites, so maybe the TCG one has a different class altogether, but I couldn't see TCG Marth in action.

The Amiibo versions also add an extra chapter for each character, while I'm not sure about the TCG versions. You also can use the Amiibo to make the Amiibo characters instantly appear in My Castle's stores if you want, rather than randomly wait for it.

Xenoflare

Treehouse is Nintendo's Inhouse Localization Team, and probably the best in the industry. Even 8-4 looks to them.

They have the biggest and arguably best localization team when it comes to Japanese and English. I don't think any company takes product localization as seriously as Nintendo. Or at least, no one pours in the same amount of resources.

That's good to hear, I'm not too familiar with most of the Nintendo stuff

Edit: Wait, then Tsubaki to Subaki is their decision? I really hope they don't call Naginata Halberds then.

Speaking about Amiibo, does anyone who have the game here also have an Amiibo? I'm curious about what happens if you use Parallel Seals on them. What are their class choices (if any)? I've seen Amiibo characters in the streams several times, but never anyone attempting to use those.

Yes, they're different. Amiibo Lucina and the TCG one at the very least have different portraits and faces (TCG is masked Lucina). They probably had different stats and skills, but I couldn't see them in the video. Amiibo Marth and TCG Marth had different portraits and map sprites, so maybe the TCG one has a different class altogether, but I couldn't see TCG Marth in action.

The Amiibo versions also add an extra chapter for each character, while I'm not sure about the TCG versions. You also can use the Amiibo to make the Amiibo characters instantly appear in My Castle's stores if you want, rather than randomly wait for it.
wait, any difference between making the amiibo characters instantly appear in My Castle vs having their own extra chapters?

Shun

My mistake then, I have the amiibo and I'm still waiting on the game. I was hesitant on preordering the entire pack but I just did now after hearing that.

NeonZ

wait, any difference between making the amiibo characters instantly appear in My Castle vs having their own extra chapters?

When you insert the Amiibo for the first time, they appear in the My Castle and you can talk with them. However, they won't join your army until you finish their one chapter.

Afterwards, when they're in your army, you can scan the Amiibo again to make them take over stores (there's usually a random member of your army taking care of them, while making this assures it'll be that specific character). Different managers result in different prices at least (not sure if it changes the item/weapon selection).

Draxal

Well, there are Hoshido ... Byakyua and Anya themes in the theme store for 200 yen each, still grumpy that we never got official Awakening ones.

When you insert the Amiibo for the first time, they appear in the My Castle and you can talk with them. However, they won't join your army until you finish their one chapter.

Afterwards, when they're in your army, you can scan the Amiibo again to make them take over stores (there's usually a random member of your army taking care of them, while making this assures it'll be that specific character). Different managers result in different prices at least (not sure if it changes the item/weapon selection).
oh i just realized i misunderstood your previous post. i thought there's 2 ways to recruit amiibo characters after scanning them
I would have named the OT Fire Emblem My Sister Can't Be This Perma Dead.
there;s always the western release, so.....

StayDead

Yup, this is a game with a character creator.

I've been on the damn character creator for half hour and I still can't decide what I want my character to be haha.

Shun

I would have named the OT Fire Emblem My Sister Can't Be This Perma Dead.

No one gave any subtitle suggestions and I thought the OT was a good way to keep everything gender inclusive.

I'll keep that in mind next time (˶◕‿◕˶✿)

StayDead

I started with a femmui going to go with Byakuya first and now I'm wondering if I should restart with manmui. mmmm I hate character creation so much haha.

MlWA77tzRLYaj634et

Top - Birthright, Bottom - Conquest

Xenoflare

I take it that's the moment where you choose sides? What does that say, exactly?

Top is Hoshido (Byakuya)

Bottom is Nohr. (Anya)

"Side with Queen Mikoto and join the army of Hoshido's to assist their defense"

"Side with King Garon and return to the army of Nohr to assist their invasion"

I did my best

Draxal

I'm doing a Hoshido hard mode run so far. Honestly, I thought Awakening hard for the first six chapters was much harder than the first six chapters in this game, but I guess it's just one extended tutorial.

Hikami

Doing Hoshido on Hard here as well.. easier than I expected. (So far anyways, just got to chapter 6)

Surprised at how much kanji I'm able to read now, I can actually understand the story pretty well compared to other JP games I've played in the past.

so looking at the skills list...wow a lot of these skills are crazy

also lol at Camilla doing +5 damage on all non-mounted units

edit: so we have a nerfed version of Veteran....I see

Top Bottom