• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Chaos17

The backlash is here, but how is it faring in reception in Japan?

The Gaffers who are playing ain't giving any negative feebadback for now (normal there're just begining to play). It's only the people who are seeing leaks that are complaining here and on Gamefaqs.

So like Reggie said : "play the damn game first then we could talk".

Draxal

The Gaffers who are playing ain't giving any backlash for now, it's only the people who are seeing leaks that are complaining here.

I really don't want to talk about it in non spoilers, and there is precedence what happened here in the series, in Gaiden and Awakening kinda , but this is way more than happened in those games.

The backlash is here, but how is it faring in reception in Japan?

I just wanted to clarify by backlash here, I only meant on this board, Serenes (the main fire emblem board) seems more mixed and I have no clue what Japan thinks about it.

After Codename S.T.E.A.M. and this, it's clear that IntSys are gigantic US comics fans.

Did you see Harold's TCG card? Its amazing.

I just wanted to clarify by backlash here, I only meant on this board, Serenes (the main fire emblem board) seems more mixed and I have no clue what Japan thinks about it.
I kind of accepted the FE of today (Awakening and Fates) is nothing like the GBA/GC ones.
The gameplay is still fun and that is what I care about.

Aizo

Banned
Does somebody have a Japanese class list? 杖騎士の「杖」の読み方は?
The only fire emblem I've played in Japanese before was FE2, so I'm not used to these class names.

Draxal

The only fire emblem I've played in Japanese before was FE2, so I'm not used to these class names.

Check out Serenes (if it's not crashing).

Shun

There you go. It's currently compiling info for the game so just keep checking.

Here's another resource that's currently updating.

My copy comes in a couple days and I really can't wait (´;д;`)

Trying to stay on a blackout until then. Please remember to mark spoilers and remain courteous so that we don't scare people away from buying/trying the game.

The way the routes are handled in the E-Shop version sure is clumsy. Just finished the introductory chapters and now I have to download the Byakuya path. What the hell.

I think the way the choice is handled is interesting though, choosing Byakuya just "feels" right especially considering what happened just right before, but I care more for the Anya characters. Going to play both anyway so I went with what I assume to be the inferior route first.

Sakura

装甲悪鬼村正;169671281 said:
The way the routes are handled in the E-Shop version sure is clumsy. Just finished the introductory chapters and now I have to download the Byakuya path. What the hell.

I think the way the choice is handled is interesting though, choosing Byakuya just "feels" right especially considering what happened just right before, but I care more for the Anya characters. Going to play both anyway so I went with what I assume to be the inferior route first.

It's only 865 blocks. Pretty sure you're just downloading data to unlock it or whatever.
But yea. I felt like an ass choosing Nohr. Oh well

Zero²

Ugh this game is making me seriously consider buying a 3DS.
But I'll have to resist, WiiU is just enough for the time I have for gaming, if I got a 3ds I'd kiss bye bye to my study hours lol
Anyway, the soundtrack is amazing! And the story seem really interesting too.

GeekyDad

Any chance we'll get an ultimate version kinda like we do with Pokemon where the content of both games is included in one package?

Xenoflare

Any chance we'll get an ultimate version kinda like we do with Pokemon where the content of both games is included in one package?

Japan has a Collector's Edition that packs the two games on one cart and a code that grants the third path for free. We may or may not able to get it here in the west

javadoze

I simply can't wait to pour a bajillion hours into this. Though I'm now wondering which difficulty I should choose now. With Awakening, I chose Casual/Hard for my playthrough since I wanted to 100% the game without worrying about characters dying off (and I heard the game's normal difficulty was too easy).

Now, I'm thinking of going Classic/Normal for this one (simply because of how many times I'm going to be playing through it).

I can't wait for this. My biggest issue with Awakening is that it didn't feel like Fire Emblem to me. All the classes were too homogenized imo and every map had either a rout/seize condition which was baffling to me.

From what I've seen on twitch streams Hoshido is basically Awakening style, where every map is a rout/seize, and Nohr is supposed to be like previous FE games. If this is true I think that's great. Hoshido for people who were fans of Awakening's gameplay and Nohr to provide a bit more of a traditional experience.

I wonder what the third path will be like. Jugdral? I'd be so, so happy if it was.

StayDead

Just brought this on the eShop. Part of me as a big Fire Emblem fan wants me to start with Nohr, but part of me wants to start with Hoshido. AHHH I have enough trouble naming a character, let alone picking an entire story to follow. ;_;

Just brought this on the eShop. Part of me as a big Fire Emblem fan wants me to start with Nohr, but part of me wants to start with Hoshido. AHHH I have enough trouble naming a character, let alone picking an entire story to follow. ;_;

I'm gonna start with Hoshido. It'll put the more traditional style gameplay of Nohr into context for me

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So if you use the voucher for the 3rd campaign it should theoretically be "usable" with any version of the rest of the main game right? Thinking of just purchasing the digital version of anya oukoku and using the SE voucher for the 3rd campaign because after reading that one spoiler ITT I kind of don't want to play the byakuya route anymore ( ´_ゝ`)

reposting from the community thread for those who are interested
Yes, John of 8-4 also mentioned that they're not the ones working on it this time.

Xenoflare

So if you use the voucher for the 3rd campaign it should theoretically be "usable" with any version of the rest of the main game right? Thinking of just purchasing the digital version of anya oukoku and using the SE voucher for the 3rd campaign because after reading that one spoiler ITT I kind of don't want to play the byakuya route anymore ( ´_ゝ`)

Yes, John of 8-4 also mentioned that they're not the ones working on it this time.

How's the quality of the Treehouse's localizations? Do we have any games to use as references?

Josh7289

Curious if anyone knows. The TCG boxes and starter decks have some download codes for characters, I think, in Fire Emblem if. Are they exclusive to those TCG products or are they also available separately on the eShop or something?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

there's no such thing as 'anya oukoku only' digital copy. all digital copy are the same, barred your path will be locked once you pick your path. and, i guess you're trying to say that you'll double dip digital & physical version since you have the 3rd route DLC code from SE? no one is forcing anybody else to play a route.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
there's no such thing as 'anya oukoku only' digital copy. all digital copy are the same, barred your path will be locked once you pick your path. and, i guess you're trying to say that you'll double dip digital & physical version since you have the 3rd route DLC code from SE? no one is forcing anybody else to play a route.
Yeah I know how it works, I'm saying buying the digital version of the game and choosing anya oukoku. Shipping/customs will take a week or two for me so double dipping would be for the purpose of being able to play it immediately. As long as the DLC code works for either that is.

How's the quality of the Treehouse's localizations? Do we have any games to use as references?
No Idea, but John said it was in good hands

Shun

Curious if anyone knows. The TCG boxes and starter decks have some download codes for characters, I think, in Fire Emblem if. Are they exclusive to those TCG products or are they also available separately on the eShop or something?

Of the revealed TCG chara so far, all of them except Minerva are available via amiibo.

You'll need to get a code for Minerva from buying a pack.

woopWOOP

So, is there a nice list of recruitables per story? With portrait images?

Need to plan out my ultimate team (of cool lookin' folks) to destroy all Hoshido scum.

Top Bottom