• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Xenoflare

Starting to regret not paying for the P-A premium. Been going for lower prices and EMS elsewhere for so long that I forgot how fast their processing and international shipment speeds are. My forwarder has gotten the package but it'll be another week minimum before it's in my hands (ヽ´ω`)

Don't pay any attention to it, the reviewer isn't even trying to hide that it's a troll review. Happens all the time for games.

Ahh okay.

GSR

Starting to regret not paying for the P-A premium. Been going for lower prices and EMS elsewhere for so long that I forgot how fast their processing and international shipment speeds are. My forwarder has gotten the package but it'll be another week minimum before it's in my hands (ヽ´ω`)

Yeah, in my experience P-A's expensive but almost universally fast. I'm not even sure what happened on this order - out of curiosity I tried making a new order of a similarly-sized item and non-economy FedEx was only $2 more (and the same price as I paid for FEF, which is even more confusing). Either I made a really poor choice over $2 months ago or they only had economy available when I placed the order for whatever reason.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mad spoilers dropping in this thread... I'll see you all in 2016.

Peace out.
mirrored.gif

And fuck you for getting to play the game now

Somehow I glanced at Byakuya route ending.... and sorry I can't stop laughing thinking of the 'outburst' happened few page earlier.... ahahaha
LOL Japanese amazon reviews having 1 stars because of same-sex marriage.

Fortunately it's mostly disagreed upon with the votes.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00VFT4UH4/

amazon rating... well.... i'd say ignore the rating and just look at what's the common stuff that they hate about the game

jzbluz

My game hasn't even shipped. I was hoping to get it this week, but at this rate the earliest I'll get it is probably Tuesday.

Music composition was done by 5 person this time, compared to 3 in Awakening. (Hiroki Morishita, Takeru Kanazaki, Yasuhisa Baba, Rei Kondoh, & Masato Kouda)

Masked Man

I said wow
LOL Japanese amazon reviews having 1 stars because of same-sex marriage.

Fortunately it's mostly disagreed upon with the votes.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00VFT4UH4/

I shouldn't let trolls get to me, but it's hard when it involves something so personal.

Music composition was done by 5 person this time, compared to 3 in Awakening. (Hiroki Morishita, Takeru Kanazaki, Yasuhisa Baba, Rei Kondoh, & Masato Kouda)

Wow! The opening sequence also listed Yuka Tsujiyoko as "Music Supervisor," so I'm curious as to how involved she really was with the soundtrack.

Masked Man

I said wow
Can anyone translate the actual reviews? The Hoshido version seems to have the most.

Several complain about same-sex marriage being "disgusting," and one or two others say "forcing" players to buy DLC if they want to enjoy the full experience is a ripoff. Note that none of the reviewers lodging these complaints have actually played the game.

Since the game's release, I see a lot of good news regarding this game. New skills seem cool, old skills are balanced now, the avatar seems less broken than in Awakening, the content is decent if you pay only one version (
28 chapters, longer than Awakening
) and a freakin' multiplayer mode they didn't even mention ! It's great to see that in a era where we got a lot of bad surprises whenever a AAA is released.

I just hope that hard mode and lunatic were harder judging from the impressions.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone translate the actual reviews? The Hoshido version seems to have the most.
It's not even worth your time to considering amazon reviews right now. Of the byakuya oukoku version negative reviews there's not a single legitimate complaint about the quality of the game. None show signs of having played the game and consist mostly of complaints about the pricing/distribution structure + dlc, purists complaining about the game doubling down on awakening's love-sim direction rather than classic fire emblem, and trolls non-subtly trolling about the same-sex marriages and other unrelated nonsense. Even some of the positive reviews are just counter-reviews to the troll reviews and admit they have barely progressed in the game.

Just wait a while for proper impressions from non-console warriors and english speaking users itt.

StayDead

I'm on Chapter 3 still on hard. Stupid question, but:

Is it even possible to save Ganzu? He just keeps running at the castle and dying. When I go build the southmost bridge my Kamui keeps dying instead :s

I'm on Chapter 3 still on hard. Stupid question, but:

Is it even possible to save Ganzu? He just keeps running at the castle and dying. When I go build the southmost bridge my Kamui keeps dying instead :s

No point in trying to save him because he doesn't die. When his HP drops to zero he says something along the lines of "all right, wreaked enough havoc, time to go".

Concerning Mozume: should I just change her into an archer at level 10 or does she learn anything of value as a villager?

Guru-Guru

Banned
I just picked this up on the way home tonight. I saw 5 people also buying it when I was in my local video game store, which is impressive, because I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. I'm tempted to call in sick to work (nothing to do tomorrow anyway), and just play all day!

StayDead

装甲悪鬼村正;169767785 said:
No point in trying to save him because he doesn't die. When his HP drops to zero he says something along the lines of "all right, wreaked enough havoc, time to go".

Concerning Mozume: should I just change her into an archer at level 10 or does she learn anything of value as a villager?

I thought he was saying something along the lines of that, but I wanted to make sure for definate.

Draxal

RIP Elise

Sakura is totally gonna be in the same spot on Nohr isn't she

cool...tell me your opinion on the maps :p

Honestly, Awakening hard was much harder than Hoshido hard through first 7 chapters (only one chapter of Hoshido's exclusive maps so far). This game might have more chapters but the earlier chapters are so much more tutorial like, that it throws off the count a bit.

The maps are much more varied and have alot more terrain elements though.

Kamui is a complete beast, having a manakete with unlimited dragonstones early in the game and the dancer and a good Jeigan
Felicia/joker
, so maybe the game has inverse curve compared to awakening.

I'll play more later tonight.

McNum

Got a question for the Nohr players here. I know the Nohr path makes it so you can't gain EXP from skirmish battles and such, but what about support points? Can you get those outside the main chapters?

The battles are fun, but I feel like I will get more from the Fates version. Not reading Japanese is much more of a hindrance than Rhythm Heaven.

StayDead

I'm coming up to the chapter where I decide what route to pick. This is agony. I really want to pick Nohr as it's more like classic FE, but I also want to pick Houshou. Oh god the characters in both so far have been really good. I can't decide. ;_;

Draxal

I'm coming up to the chapter where I decide what route to pick. This is agony. I really want to pick Nohr as it's more like classic FE, but I also want to pick Houshou. Oh god the characters in both so far have been really good. I can't decide. ;_;

I went Hosh... Byakya in this game and going ... TEAM DLC in the west.

So just looked at the skills list on Serenes, and holy shit copycat skill on puppeteer sounds amazing. The ability to just create another unit with the same stats as the user is fantastic

Hikami

Really liked Oboro's design before we saw the game but, was not expecting that voice.. (´・_・`)
Ended up marrying Hinoka.
I like androgynous characters

Did the battle where you get
Kanna
right after.
(my first time seeing your child unit) Eh, not sure how I feel about her design.. Looks way too young. I thought Morgan from awakening looked pretty cool, not so much this child though.

Really liked Oboro's design before we saw the game but, was not expecting that voice.. (´・_・`)
Ended up marrying Hinoka.
I like androgynous characters

Did the battle where you get
Kanna
right after.
(my first time seeing your child unit) Eh, not sure how I feel about her design.. Looks way too young. I though Morgan from awakening looked pretty cool, not so much this child though.

So you married one of the sister characters

Velcro Fly

Man this game is going to be expensive depending on what the non path DLC chapters are.

Hope that whatever DLC I buy works on both versions so if I do buy both I won't have to buy DLC twice.

Xenoflare

It's not even worth your time to considering amazon reviews right now. Of the byakuya oukoku version negative reviews there's not a single legitimate complaint about the quality of the game. None show signs of having played the game and consist mostly of complaints about the pricing/distribution structure + dlc, purists complaining about the game doubling down on awakening's love-sim direction rather than classic fire emblem, and trolls non-subtly trolling about the same-sex marriages and other unrelated nonsense. Even some of the positive reviews are just counter-reviews to the troll reviews and admit they have barely progressed in the game.

Just wait a while for proper impressions from non-console warriors and english speaking users itt.

From the Hamayama stream I watched I think this game is leagues ahead of awakening.

I mean, there are actual tactics invovled.

mcmmaster

Has any info regarding the game's soundtrack been released? I heard some of the field and battle themes today, and I am definitely not missing out on owning a copy.

Still angry I never was able to get a copy of Awakening's soundtrack, I will not let this happen again.

Has any info regarding the game's soundtrack been released? I heard some of the field and battle themes today, and I am definitely not missing out on owning a copy.

Still angry I never was able to get a copy of Awakening's soundtrack, I will not let this happen again.

nope

StayDead

Well, went with Anya for my first playthrough.

I felt like a total and utter dick for making that choice, but I need me some of that classic FE style and also I'm going to end up playing all three anyway so I see no issue.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Don't wanna get too into it (mainly cause I didn't save it), but it used that. If you saw the pic and know the spoiler, it's crazy stuff.
I'm glad, it's the only way I'm accepting it. Otherwise if they were there just for the sake of fan service it'd be a lot lamer.

Top Bottom