• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Sakura

Got a question for the Nohr players here. I know the Nohr path makes it so you can't gain EXP from skirmish battles and such, but what about support points? Can you get those outside the main chapters?

It's not so much that you can't get EXP from free battles, but that free battles simply don't exist.
There are occasionally (emphasis on occasionally) side story battles, which you can get exp and support points from.
Though this is a late response so you may have already figured that out.

McNum

It's not so much that you can't get EXP from free battles, but that free battles simply don't exist.
There are occasionally (emphasis on occasionally) side story battles, which you can get exp and support points from.
Nah, been steering clear of story spoilers as best I can while trying to figure out mechanical bits I'd like to know. Which is kind of a minefield. This thread seems good at marking those, though.

I liked to pair off everyone in Awakening, and I know that's possible on the Hoshido path, but I was wondering if Nohr could do the same. But with Nohr going old-school with limited EXP from a fixed number of battles, this also means a limited amount of support points available, unless there's some way in My Castle to increase those.

Aizo

Banned
I picked Hoshido, but I feel bad about it. I'm more excited to do Nohr than I was originally, though.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how DLC maps will affect this. Even if there's no specific exp grinding DLC I can't seem them limiting the number of times you can play the maps.

I wonder how DLC maps will affect this. Even if there's no specific exp grinding DLC I can't seem them limiting the number of times you can play the maps.

Maybe they'll nerf the exp units give.

I mean, in Awakening we had DLC maps that were basically grinding maps where you could toss a decently leveled unit in it and watch them gain multiple levels from all the enemies throwing themselves at them.

Hikami

装甲悪鬼村正;169842890 said:
Rubbing the face of some other dude's wife. That's some hardcore NTR.
Speaking of that; I found it funny that once you get married, your partner stays in your room.. and you can still invite other people in and do the rubbing thing in front of them.

I've successfully avoided plot spoilers so far, but I'd like to know if the plot's at least as decent as non-FE13 entries to the series. I'm not expecting much since FE never had particularly deep stories, but I'm curious if the new writer's doing well. Any impressions?

I just read that FE: Fates won't come out in NA till 2016. :(
Surely it can't take long to localize a FE game, even one as large as this one.

Well, it's two games, isn't it? If chapters really are completely different post-chapter 6, then they almost have two whole games to localize.

Sakura

Nah, been steering clear of story spoilers as best I can while trying to figure out mechanical bits I'd like to know. Which is kind of a minefield. This thread seems good at marking those, though.

I liked to pair off everyone in Awakening, and I know that's possible on the Hoshido path, but I was wondering if Nohr could do the same. But with Nohr going old-school with limited EXP from a fixed number of battles, this also means a limited amount of support points available, unless there's some way in My Castle to increase those.

Yea it might be difficult, if you aren't being aware of it while playing the story missions.
I married my girl after I think chapter 16 it was? I have a few other characters that are close but I definitely don't think I could get every one.

I think it is possible to grind support points in Nohr using battles in My Castle?
It might be. I haven't really figured out how to do the My Castle stuff though.
I tried going online to fight against people, but it just said looking for players and never went anywhere. I thought attacking people's My Castles was like asynchronous anyway, unless that is only for streetpassing.
Also, I'm not sure how to get other gems and stuff. I've got rubies, and I guess I could exchange them for other ones, but it doesn't seem cost efficient when 5 rubies = 1 other gem. Unless you can only get things from other castle towns like Animal Crossing.

Speaking of that; I found it funny that once you get married, your partner stays in your room.. and you can still invite other people in and do the rubbing thing in front of them.

As if it wasn't surreal enough rubbing peoples faces. Now you call someone in, your wife is standing right next to you, and you start rubbing their face. It's pretty funny.

-Horizon-

装甲悪鬼村正;169842890 said:
Rubbing the face of some other dude's wife. That's some hardcore NTR.
ayyyy

lmao

Pappasman

Couple questions for those playing it.

Is it possible to ignore all of the fanservice junk? How much of it is part of the story?

How is the difficulty? I've heard that Lunatic seems less intense than Awakening.

Sakura

Now that online seems to be working for me, attacking other player's castles seems to be the way to go. You can grind support, get items, and skills. No exp though for Nohr.

So what're some of the more interesting Nohr conditions?
Don't mention character names.

Mmm, I'll spoiler it just in case (I won't write story stuff though)
Chapter 16 I think it was has people attacking you, and you can win the battle by defeating the enemy officer. However, you don't know who the enemy officer is, and are suspecting he is hiding in your ranks. So there are 4 allied units on the map, and you talk to them to see if they are the bad guy. Once you find him you defeat them to win. Also, the reward for clearing the map is 10,000G, and every turn you lose 300G because the enemy is stealing from you, so the faster you go the more money you get.

God. After seeing everything that's out so far, there's no way this game isn't getting censored to hell by the NoA localization team. So here's a preemptive "FUCK YOU NOA".

-Horizon-

How hard is this beautiful game getting censored in the west?

https://gfycat.com/PerfectShoddyDegus#

I need this game.

Poor Camilla never stood a chance.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Top Bottom