• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

What's with the mat sounds? Still can't wait for this. Been waiting years for a sequel. Can't wait to get a dope roster going. I had such a sick roster DL in Returns complete with rings and refs. I do wonder what the Super Heavyweight class will be like. Would love for some good weight detection. I want them to feel like monsters when fighting them. 2K series has regressed so much when it comes to weight detection. DoR did it best.

Helznicht

What's with the mat sounds? Still can't wait for this. Been waiting years for a sequel. Can't wait to get a dope roster going. I had such a sick roster DL in Returns complete with rings and refs. I do wonder what the Super Heavyweight class will be like. Would love for some good weight detection. I want them to feel like monsters when fighting them. 2K series has regressed so much when it comes to weight detection. DoR did it best.

Where did you read FPWW will have a "Super Heavyweight class"?

Foffy

Banned

I believe they're using Fire Pro D sounds, so it sounds a bit weird.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What kind of single player modes other than single matches does it have? Is there any kind of career/story/championship mode?

What kind of single player modes other than single matches does it have? Is there any kind of career/story/championship mode?

I haven't heard anything about it but with there being only 30 wrestlers coming with the game I doubt it. Would be cool if they had a story mode in place with your own custom rosters. Would be a cool DLC feature.

Foffy

Banned

The director has heard requests of a single player mode from fans, so that's something they're considering.

Think of the Early Access version as a tutorial and an editing suite to make content for matches, for that's really where the substantial stuff is.

Does anyone know if the Workshop will only support wrestlers at launch, or will it support rings and refs, too? If we're going for proper rosters, we should have proper rings and refs, too. ;)

I expect Red Shoes by Friday! We got a week.

Slizz

I really want the Arabian Facebuster

HrFH1RV.jpg

MYeager

The Early Access will have a Mission Mode with single player challenges, though no one knows what that means yet.

Personally I'm hoping they bring over the Management of the Ring mode from Final Fire Pro but with only 30 wrestlers as default it's unlikely.

Jamie OD

The Famitsu website did a preview of the game and made Fire Pro staple "Ax Duggan" to demonstrate the edit system. It looks like the face pieces for famous wrestlers will each have their own number. So "Duggan" is Head (4), Hair (4), Beard (4), Hat (4), etc.

LPv8a8x.jpg

RupAnpx.jpg

7n9C4Wx.jpg

I8qbS7h.jpg

Oh and he also attempted to make "Shoshi Nakayama".

9syt1hd.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know much about wrestling besides GIFs, but I'm weirdly drawn to this. I'm going to jump in tonight for the cheap price.

Kane1345

The Famitsu website did a preview of the game and made Fire Pro staple "Ax Duggan" to demonstrate the edit system. It looks like the face pieces for famous wrestlers will each have their own number. So "Duggan" is Head (4), Hair (4), Beard (4), Hat (4), etc.

l_5963179a87b36.jpg

l_596317b170452.jpg

l_596317c36bdce.jpg

l_596317d73c42e.jpg

l_59631c2284daa.jpg

All those links are broken for me. Anyone else see them?

Foffy

Banned

l_5963179a87b36.jpg

l_596317b170452.jpg

l_596317c36bdce.jpg

l_596317d73c42e.jpg

l_59631c2284daa.jpg

Don't direct link from Famitsu, for the pictures won't show up for others. :p

IMACOMPUTA

Any chance there will be a way to share and download creations on PS4? If not, Steam all the way...
I hacked my ps2 to install custom CAWs back in the day.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't found these mentioned in the OP, but my current crazy wishlist for additional features would be:

1. Tag team support, so I can create a themed luchador team and come flying in off the ropes.

2. Some sort of basic singleplayer / AI modes so I can keep playing even if the servers die eventually.

Hasney

I haven't found these mentioned in the OP, but my current crazy wishlist for additional features would be:

1. Tag team support, so I can create a themed luchador team and come flying in off the ropes.

2. Some sort of basic singleplayer / AI modes so I can keep playing even if the servers die eventually.

There are a lot of AI modes. You can tune creations to behave in certain ways even.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

1. Tag teams are in
2. You can play against the AI to your hearts content.

Stitch

Gold Member
I really wished this had of released today rather than tomorrow! Damn time zones.

Yeah but they're in Japan. It's weird how they're releasing this in the morning where people are working or in School.

And people in Europe are in bed. Or should be in bed :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yeah but they're in Japan. It's weird how they're releasing this in the morning where people are working or in School.

And people in Europe are in bed. Or should be in bed :p

They said last night that they wanted to launch it while the team was at work so they are there to jump on any issues that might arise.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I haven't heard anything about it but with there being only 30 wrestlers coming with the game I doubt it. Would be cool if they had a story mode in place with your own custom rosters. Would be a cool DLC feature.

The director has heard requests of a single player mode from fans, so that's something they're considering.

Think of the Early Access version as a tutorial and an editing suite to make content for matches, for that's really where the substantial stuff is.

Does anyone know if the Workshop will only support wrestlers at launch, or will it support rings and refs, too? If we're going for proper rosters, we should have proper rings and refs, too. ;)

I expect Red Shoes by Friday! We got a week.

The Early Access will have a Mission Mode with single player challenges, though no one knows what that means yet.

Personally I'm hoping they bring over the Management of the Ring mode from Final Fire Pro but with only 30 wrestlers as default it's unlikely.

Thanks, i hope it will have a good amount of SP content.

Mission mode will probably be similar to the fighting games mode with the same name(do a certain combo, beat someone in certain conditions and so on)

Hasney

Nah, Steam says 5 hours.

The devs say 6. It could be either as I've seen Steam countdowns hit 0 and nothing happen for hours plenty of times before. Just don't get your hopes up if it's not there when the Steam countdown ends, but it's possible.

Top Bottom