• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Zach

More importantly, is Barry Windham's float-over superplex?

And even more importantly, Power and Glory's Power-Plex?

krpiper

Online or offline? If you're offline just play the tutorial 1 several times until you can do it consistently. There's even a flash that shows you the timing in that tutorial if I recall correctly.

You should be pressing the button exactly when your wrestler's hands hit the opponent, I think.

Hmm, something clicked, now I am having a ton of fun! (On level 1 but that doesnt matter) what does the different difficulty levels change anyway?

Thanks so much!

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm, something clicked, now I am having a ton of fun! (On level 1 but that doesnt matter) what does the different difficulty levels change anyway?

Thanks so much!
I'm not sure what you mean by difficulty levels. CPU difficulty? I think CPU difficulty means it's easier to hit moves. Maybe it does make the timing easier also. I believe the tutorials after #1 may have easier timing.

Anyway, the first tutorial should give you VERY strict timing, but also flash to show you when to press the button. Once you can do that tutorial consistently, play the rest of the tutorials and maybe missions 1-4. At that point you can figure most anything else from online play, the manual, or CPU play.

What happens when you assign a move as a Favorite or Signature? Obviously Signatures have the chance to Critical, but are there any other changes? Do the moves get buffs to their damage?

One of my wrestlers is winning a disproportionate number of his matches, and I'm wondering if it's partly because one of his Favorites is a Med grapple that he uses consistently throughout the match.

Santar

3gDLZ7n.jpg
Man, people sure don't like having to put effort in to win online. Rage-quiting left and right at the first sign of trouble.
Why even bother playing if all you want is to win without any effort?!

Slizz

Man, people sure don't like having to put effort in to win online. Rage-quiting left and right at the first sign of trouble.
Why even bother playing if all you want is to win without any effort?!
Always happens about 6 minutes in, quite frustrating especially since even if you finish it doesn't recognize that match rating. Lots of people it seems first idea when they get the game is online, I have multiple count out wins cause it seems no one knows how to get back in.

94% rating online is my best now player vs. player, Sabu vs. Rollins.

Is there any way I can set myself simming challenges? My initial thoughts were to match my wrestler against another which has more attribute points and see if I can tune his build to consistently beat that opponent. It's kinda hard to determine this though as you have to manually keep track of stats.

MYeager

I think you can set one signature move as a finisher and four other moves as favorites. To follow up with those in the know though, does this affect their damage or it just for flavor/easier to find in the movelist?

Signature/Finishing Moves do 150% damage, Favorite moves do 125%

Slizz

Nobody wants to match Federations much less do a wrestler vs wrestler it seems online. Have to spend extra time working down all these OP custom characters like Starman, Bruce Lee, etc. Just for the people to quit when I finally softened them up enough.

You gotta work too, can't even do the simple up + weak move grapple until I soften them up to about the 5 min mark in match.... Played one guy, couldn't irish whip him into the ropes without him auto-countering till the 9 minute mark.

krpiper

Does the CAWs have specific stats or is just cosmetics that are different along with the move timing?

Basically is every created wrestler super OP?

Brandwin

Any chance we get a running list of best workshop creations? I feel like I've downloaded some duds when talking full package and may just delete all and go back through. I only have about 15 downloaded so it shouldn't take long.

Hasney

Any chance we get a running list of best workshop creations? I feel like I've downloaded some duds when talking full package and may just delete all and go back through. I only have about 15 downloaded so it shouldn't take long.

There's just too many. Find a collection that you like and keep checking it is the best bet. I've been downloading, copying and checking things out before I commit at this point.

Blizzard

Banned
Does the CAWs have specific stats or is just cosmetics that are different along with the move timing?

Basically is every created wrestler super OP?
They have very specific stats, but I think only certain things have a point system (choosing certain styles or whatever). I don't know if that affects player-controlled wrestling or what, since when you choose player-controlled wrestling online, the point limit lobby option goes away.

For actual stats like strength and stuff, I think you can simply crank everything to max and play online with it if you want to be OP.

This was especially funny when the bug existed that gave you your opponent's wrestler, so I would end up with OP wrestlers and my opponents would get my super amateur luchador.

Santar

Somebody HAVE to make a Mike Myers CAW so we can finally have the battle of the ages, Michael Myers vs Mike Myers! :p
Preferably with Wayne and Austin Powers alternate costumes :p

Slizz

People get so salty online, gonna compile online videos with everyone quitting now. I applaud anyone who I finish a match with regardless of result.

Hasney

People get so salty online, gonna compile online videos with everyone quitting now. I applaud anyone who I finish a match with regardless of result.

Random thing, but I assume you're specifically playing Cement rather than Pro Wrestling, right? It's not obviously explained.

Slizz

Random thing, but I assume you're specifically playing Cement rather than Pro Wrestling, right? It's not obviously explained.

..... Pro wrestling what the hell is Cement. I always wondered but never played it. Am I in the work room, and should be in the shoot room?

EDIT: Tried a cement, finished a whole match, next match someone quit.... :lol

Santar

Oh yes, as I've previously posted people give up and quit at the first sign of trouble. Have been screenshoting all the quiters.
I just can't imagine what kind of people it is that can't take a loss in a game, or even when they think they might loose they quit. If everybody did that nobody would ever get a win.

Very annoying as the game is actually fun online even for me who's not really much of a online player. Well, at least when the lag isn't too bad :p

Slizz

Oh yes, as I've previously posted people give up and quit at the first sign of trouble. Have been screenshoting all the quiters.
I just can't imagine what kind of people it is that can't take a loss in a game, or even when they think they might loose they quit. If everybody did that nobody would ever get a win.

Very annoying as the game is actually fun online even for me who's not really much of a online player. Well, at least when the lag isn't too bad :p

I feel like it always happens right after they start to get dazed on Power moves and being thrown from the ring. Once that happens they bolt.

EDIT: Also compounded by the fact once they quit, you yourself can't. And are forced to stay playing the CPU on the lag still if you want to stay in game.... Instead of closing it and re-opening like all quitters do :lol

Santar

I feel like it always happens right after they start to get dazed on Power moves and being thrown from the ring. Once that happens they bolt.

I haven't noticed a real pattern to it, it just seems to happen when I win a lot of the grapples because they can't figure out the online timing.

EDIT: Also compounded by the fact once they quit, you yourself can't. And are forced to stay playing the CPU on the lag still if you want to stay in game.... Instead of closing it and re-opening like all quitters do :lol

Is there a point to staying in it once they quit?

Hasney

..... Pro wrestling what the hell is Cement. I always wondered but never played it. Am I in the work room, and should be in the shoot room?

EDIT: Tried a cement, finished a whole match, next match someone quit.... :lol

So Pro Wrestling rooms are supposed to be where you put on the best match possible and it doesn't matter who wins or loses. I can't blame them for leaving if they understand what that is supposed to be about. They separated the two and never explained it outside a blog post which is very silly. Cement is supposed to be the mode where you try to win.

Slizz

Is there a point to staying in it once they quit?
No.

In Pro Wrestling you don't get to keep the match rating if you finish against the CPU, then in Cement once they quit you get the W automatically, so definitely no point in staying in.

So Pro Wrestling rooms are supposed to be where you put on the best match possible and it doesn't matter who wins or loses. I can't blame them for leaving if they understand what that is supposed to be about. They separated the two and never explained it outside a blog post which is very silly. Cement is supposed to be the mode where you try to win.

I should have put 2+2 together, but even still, a lot of people are quitting in cement now that I'm playing. Undefeated so far :lol

Just call them Shoot matches and Work matches. I have never heard of Cement in a wrestling context.

Apparently its a Japanese term for Shoot.

MYeager

I agree, but it's a difficult one. The subscription service means that any changes the creator makes would overwrite your changes.

When you make changes and save it as a new save I don't believe that's the case. I changed the hell out of someone's Drago, and someone downloaded mine, made changes, then saved and uploaded it and my changes do not affect theirs.

Hasney

When you make changes and save it as a new save I don't believe that's the case. I changed the hell out of someone's Drago, and someone downloaded mine, made changes, then saved and uploaded it and my changes do not affect theirs.

Oh i know, but they wanted an easy method to edit a downloaded person without copying. There's a difference.

Santar

I think it's a pretty high chance that most people who play online don't know the difference between cement and pro wrestling. I don't think that's the reason they're quiting.
They probably just hit online and then go without changing settings.

So I got through the first few tutorials, but I know there is a lot more depth to be learned. Are there any good videos or tips articles to glean that stuff from?

Or a post in this thread somewhere?

justjim89

How do I do a corner-to-center attack? Trying to pull off the Kinshasa with Nakamura. Just stand in the corner with an opponent downed in the center and press B? It wasn't working.

Top Bottom