• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

how the hell do you use created characterS?

I spent time creating characters but I am unable to figure how to select them in exhibition or anything

You have to make promotions and then sub teams to place them in on the edit team menu and then transfer them from retired to those teams also from the edit team menu.

You have to make promotions and then sub teams to place them in on the edit team menu and then transfer them from retired to those teams also from the edit team menu.

Thanks

I got another question,

how do you Play Single Player??? in Exibition, I'm stuck on CP and can't toggle it to me as Player

tchocky

Thanks

I got another question,

how do you Play Single Player??? in Exibition, I'm stuck on CP and can't toggle it to me as Player

After you choose a wrestler, move the cursor to the left until it highlights the "CP" text next to your wrestler, then select it and move down to "1P" instead.

Is there a way to uninstall all wrestlers from the in-game workshop tab? I got ahead myself and subbed to a few hundred caws but in a way that's impossible to keep track of in stables. I want to uninstall all and then go back and do a better job of organizing factions. I've only seen were you can uninstall one wrestler at a time ingame.

Hasney

Is there a way to uninstall all wrestlers from the in-game workshop tab? I got ahead myself and subbed to a few hundred caws but in a way that's impossible to keep track of in stables. I want to uninstall all and then go back and do a better job of organizing factions. I've only seen were you can uninstall one wrestler at a time ingame.

That's the only way

ShadowOwl

Best 20€ I've invested in a long time. New to Fire Pro but I immediately fell in love with the gameplay focussed on grappling. It feels so good! Workshop support is fantastic and it's amazing how close you can get to the original wrestlers in terms of looks and action. Absolutely looking forward to that custom music support and a general expansion of the workshop support to rings, arenas, titles and logos.

Considering this game just launched in Early Access it's already in a great state, I have only a few gripes with the game so far:
  • I'd like to see more common match types such as table matches and the Royal Rumble. Instead we've got several death match types. Japan? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Translation is very rough and navigating the menus and options can be very confusing.
  • The tutorial leaves out waaaaay too much stuff.
  • The striking feels kind of useless most of the time requiring pixel perfect positioning and precision. It can look pretty stupid at times when two wrestlers try to hit each other but constantly missing despite standing really close. Guess that's just they way it is in Fire Pro?
  • Online mode is working pretty well so far but the Quick Match function is pretty much useless as it just sends me open rooms - often with player just sitting there being AFK.
Still, bottom line: mandatory buy for any wrestling fan.

• The striking feels kind of useless most of the time requiring pixel perfect positioning and precision. It can look pretty stupid at times when two wrestlers try to hit each other but constantly missing despite standing really close. Guess that's just they way it is in Fire Pro?

Yes Fire Pro has always kinda sucked for striking due to the precision thing.

It's been part of the engine basically since day one like almost 30 years ago lol and especially since the SNES engine which this one closely resembles

Yes Fire Pro has always kinda sucked for striking due to the precision thing.

It's been part of the engine basically since day one like almost 30 years ago lol and especially since the SNES engine which this one closely resembles
I think it needs re-working personally. I'm sure more reliable hitboxes for strikes would completely turn the design on its head, but still. Even the CPU constantly misses strikes between itself. If you're trying to make an effective AI wrestler, it's probably better that you just have them not do any strikes at all.

I think it needs re-working personally. I'm sure more reliable hitboxes for strikes would completely turn the design on its head, but still. Even the CPU constantly misses strikes between itself. If you're trying to make an effective AI wrestler, it's probably better that you just have them not do any strikes at all.

Oh I agree, but it's just not going to happen. Hasn't in the past 20+ years so you just kind of have to accept it as a quirk of the series.

I imagine if strikes were easy, you wouldn't ever be able to initiate a grapple. Would need a complete re-think.

Yep.

They do a good job incorporating strikes into grapple moves anyway these days.

And it makes the times you do land a great strike, especially when your opponent is weak and they collapse from it, satisfying.

I'd still prefer a more robust system but it is what it is

Slizz

The guy I just played online was crazy. Some Japanese dude with a mask, might have been his own creation. He stunned me by pointing 2 fingers at me and I couldn't control my hand.... snakes were hissing.... I couldn't do anything till he did a move on me. Also had the green spit that disoriented me for about 2 seconds.

I think it took a lot of stamina out of him, cause if he missed with either attack later on in the fight he'd have to sit there and recuperate for a good 5 seconds and I was able to attack him at will.

The guy I just played online was crazy. Some Japanese dude with a mask, might have been his own creation. He stunned me by pointing 2 fingers at me and I couldn't control my hand.... snakes were hissing.... I couldn't do anything till he did a move on me. Also had the green spit that disoriented me for about 2 seconds.

I think it took a lot of stamina out of him, cause if he missed with either attack later on in the fight he'd have to sit there and recuperate for a good 5 seconds and I was able to attack him at will.

Yeah that's a move in the game under the entertainment category in the move selection

venomenon

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a way to manually skip a CPU-only match in tournaments? I know about the "Skip CPU" option, but this just skips all CPU matches which isn't quite what I want.

Hasney

Hope numbers pick up when it's officially released and PS4 version is out. This game deserves to sell a million copies!

Don't hold your breath, that number means it's doing quite well. Remember, Returns sold 100,000 on the PS2 worldwide in its lifetime.

Still, it';s been getting coverage. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

TeaJay

Any tips for mission 25: Make 'em bleed before you win? I feel like I was doing face stomps and face biting the whole match and I couldn't make the sumo guy bleed.

Gurrry

Been loving this game. Its amazing.

But there are still some baffling design decisions that leave me scratching my head.

The fact that you cant use a "normal match" belt in a gimmick match like a cage deathmatch is really stupid. You have to go in, edit the belt, change it to what ever match you want to do, then save it.

When you do that however, it VACATES the belt. Why?

One of my other complaints, if i run a tourney, I can only control ONE person in the entire thing. Why cant I play in the other matches? Theres no reason to limit me to one. Just another really stupid decision.

I really hope they fix these little design flaws and keep improving on the experience.

Not sure its been addressed, but I can't seem to use a controller in the game. Seems controller defaults to 2P, so it works in the menus but as soon as I start a mission I can only use keyboard. I think it might have to do with other things I have plugged in to my computer, but wondered if anyone was aware of any other fixes.

Not sure its been addressed, but I can't seem to use a controller in the game. Seems controller defaults to 2P, so it works in the menus but as soon as I start a mission I can only use keyboard. I think it might have to do with other things I have plugged in to my computer, but wondered if anyone was aware of any other fixes.

This happens if you have multiple controllers plugged in, or I guess devices that are considered controllers. What does your game controllers section in windows show?

Hasney

Something else will be identifying as a game controller. You'll have to disable that first. Like my mouse has gamepad functions in it.

This happens if you have multiple controllers plugged in, or I guess devices that are considered controllers. What does your game controllers section in windows show?

Something else will be identifying as a game controller. You'll have to disable that first. Like my mouse has gamepad functions in it.

Yeah, my Logitech G13 has mini joystick on it that gets recognized as a controller, but I only use it for the keypad. Once I disabled that it worked.

Don't hold your breath, that number means it's doing quite well. Remember, Returns sold 100,000 on the PS2 worldwide in its lifetime.

Still, it';s been getting coverage. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, hope it keeps getting good coverage. If it sells a few hundred thousand copies I think that will be a great success. I'd like to see Spike continue to make new versions in the future.

Santar

2oTldPk.jpg
This game is the best

MYeager

I'm going through and making the Lucha Underground roster but it's slow going trying to get all the logic and stuff down.

Here are my current ones
DDF5E813BD067955BEF1FBCFD44B9260E60BB086

Son of Havok

4DBF6E230F7130F637BE16531E9D929849835950

Drago

1630A93DE4A9E572971B9801AA6B61DE5A3C4EF8

Aerostar

Someone else has a really good Aerostar up based on his red/blue outfit, I based mine off of
12722928_f520.jpg

It's only been a week and I'm already so close to having a full NJPW. Love the FP community.

Missing:
Rocky Romero
David Finlay
Sho Tanaka
Yohei Komatsu

Didn't bother getting:
Young Lions
Yoshitatsu
Yujiro

krpiper

I am so frustrated what tips can you guys give me on the grapple timing, I can never land one it seems like. :(

What do I do? I am using a wired 360 controller if it helps

Blizzard

Banned
I am so frustrated what tips can you guys give me on the grapple timing, I can never land one it seems like. :(

What do I do? I am using a wired 360 controller if it helps
Online or offline? If you're offline just play the tutorial 1 several times until you can do it consistently. There's even a flash that shows you the timing in that tutorial if I recall correctly.

You should be pressing the button exactly when your wrestler's hands hit the opponent, I think.

shaowebb

Early progress on something I'm working on. Gloves need redone. Wanna keep retouching the chest too, but I thought I'd screenshot my halfway progress on the design for now.

D6xpRax.jpg

Ore no Hurricane. Hurricane POLYMAR!
oJD5Kj8.gif

Indelible

This game is just awesome, just won my first online match with Okada against Yokozuna in a gruesome match. This is the first Fire Pro where the controls have clicked for me.

Question....

A created wrestler can have how many signature moves?

Flair for instance,

Strut, figure 4, eye gouge, beg, upside down into turn buckle....
am I missing any??

Can it be that detailed?

Narag

Question....

A created wrestler can have how many signature moves?

Flair for instance,

Strut, figure 4, eye gouge, beg, upside down into turn buckle....
am I missing any??

Can it be that detailed?

I think you can set one signature move as a finisher and four other moves as favorites. To follow up with those in the know though, does this affect their damage or it just for flavor/easier to find in the movelist?

Top Bottom