• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Kane1345

uncanny_by_kane1345-dbgiqwh.png

There are some amazing likenesses on the workshop

Jesus I ripped Tanahashi's face open, blood everywhere, with a claw hold and then criticaled him with a reverse choke slam, hit my finish 3 times and pinned him with one foot in 3 minutes with my giant monster caw I call The Masked Crusher...

So satisfying

Do the CAW's in the workshop have their own created move sets or do you have to make them yourself? Also there's no way to download a whole group of wrestlers right? it's just individual wrestlers?

Do the CAW's in the workshop have their own created move sets or do you have to make them yourself? Also there's no way to download a whole group of wrestlers right? it's just individual wrestlers?
All you have to do to download is click subscribe on each individual one, it downloads in like a second and then when you boot the game everything gets installed up front. Then go to Edit and your downloaded wrestlers will be in Retire, you have to transfer them to another stable in a promotion (I'd recommend making some to keep things organized)

Wrestlers generally have moves and AI, just check the descriptions and comments to see if people clarify

Hasney

They have movesets if the creator bothered and if you find a collection, you can subscribe to the whole thing.

I am hoping for improvements to the wrestler sorting and deletion processes. I kinda went crazy with subscribing to entire collections, so now I have several extra copies of many characters.

The deletion interface does not sort the wrestlers by league; it's just one huge monstrous list. The game doesn't scroll through long lists well, so it's laggy and a pain to interact with. The wrestler sort list is also the full list rather than sorted by league, which has got to be on their board already. Seems like they shipped the minimum viable requirement and hopefully they'll come back to this part soon.

Ha ha ha holy shit.

So my tourney continued.

Masked Crusher who wrestled maybe 6-7 minutes tops in total over his first two matches took on an exhausted Kenny Omega who barely got by Okada and then Elgin in matches that amounted to about 30-40 minutes combined.

I immediately start to just murder him and murder him. I get the critical on the reverse choke slam but I don't let the ref call the ko. I hit my finish but don't go for the pin. I'm trying to embarass him by hitting the One Winged Angel on Kenny. I pick him up, he reverses a move into a roll up I decide I'm only going to try and kick out at 2 to make it dramatic... well fuck me if I'm not too slow and a criticaled Omega pins me.

His celebration is lying face down not moving because he's still criticaled lol.

Oh god what have I done...the CPU beat Shibata with a headbutt. He just dropped and didn't get up :C

I think I need to check the parameter on that workshop Shibata just in case someone made his head super weak or something...this is so wrong.
I literally yelled out, "Oh, nooooooooooo!" when I read your post. ;A;

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
This game is amazing when is it out on ps4, also when its out on ps4 is there a hub to download created characters from the community as well like all of you are doing?

Cant wait to try this!

Narag

I've seen a number of great edits already. Here are some creators I'm currently following:

The Fire Pro Anthology
"edits are built using the official data seen in previous Fire Pro games!"
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=969098667

DJKM77
Well known FP edit creator.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198370398209/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Desertpunk23fpr
Well known FP edit creator.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Desertpunk23fpr/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Jaycheow
Great edits, particularly his Nakamura.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121839214/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

junior17
His Vader has been CRITICAL machine and is always fun to watch, fight or play against.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019113597/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

B-A-G-H
Some great NJPW edits. Shibata has been a beast, love it. Favorite Ishii, too.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BurnAndGiaHam/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Kid [A]
I absolutely love his Goto.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990927181/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

[KFC]Col. Sanders
I've used his Suzuki a ton.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995428197/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Pixelated Zen
http://steamcommunity.com/id/amuntoth/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Thanks for this. Hoping for some sort of master list when the dust settles for maximum fun.

Slizz

Working people online with Lio Rush and Sabu. The last Lio Rush match I had was amazing, dude couldn't believe the shit I was pulling on him as Ricochet.

Gurrry

Working people online with Lio Rush and Sabu. The last Lio Rush match I had was amazing, dude couldn't believe the shit I was pulling on him as Ricochet.

Any tips with the timing online? It seems like offline timing and online timing are way different (for obvious reasons).

I've sorted out my WWE stables and rosters, just about. Annoying cause I know even better CAWs are gonna pop up in the next few weeks/months. Need to sort out NJPW now.

Slizz

Any tips with the timing online? It seems like offline timing and online timing are way different (for obvious reasons).

Yeah, do it mid-grapple animation :lol

You wait till you lock up you're done. It's always gonna be around mid grapple animation or right before the lock up for the most part.

EDIT: Also played 2 online games back to back and changed COM level to 6 first time, forgot to change it second time so it went to 4 default. Didn't notice a difference in timing.

shaowebb

After playing around with some nice looking Spiderman creations I gotta say they may have some good looking ones but these movesets and ai things are whack. I'm gonna need to make me a full on flippy dippy Spiderman.

OmegaX06

Yeah, do it mid-grapple animation :lol

You wait till you lock up you're done. It's always gonna be around mid grapple animation or right before the lock up for the most part.

I'll probably avoid online because of that. I played one match and I didnt land a single grapple. I tried at multiple different points too. What a shame.

Slizz

I'll probably avoid online because of that. I played one match and I didnt land a single grapple. I tried at multiple different points too. What a shame.

I had one good match online with a person and it seemed like there was no delay whatsoever for either of us; 86% rating, still my highest online. Literally one match though.

EDIT: I walk around before I try and lock up online and see what the delays like, thats how I time the grapples. Walking by pressing a direction once will show you how much delay there is.

Gurrry

I had one good match online with a person and it seemed like there was no delay whatsoever for either of us; 86% rating, still my highest online. Literally one match though.

EDIT: I walk around before I try and lock up online and see what the delays like, thats how I time the grapples. Walking by pressing a direction once will show you how much delay there is.

Thanks for the tips

And yeah, this game desperately needed GGPO support.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What affect does blood have on a character when they're busted open? Is it purely cosmetic?

Depends on the wrestler. They have different parameters for bleeding vs normal. Generally they'll have worse stamina, recovery, and endurance when bleeding but it could be set to be higher in character creation.

There's also a skill that can make a wrestler stronger in general when bleeding.

The Stig

So people enjoy simming this game. I watched a tourney today & enjoyed it. Itd be great if there could be a mobile type of this game. Id buy it not for playing but simming. (though with a bluetooth controller id consider it). Have it sync with your saves and workshop subscriptions... Could be a good way to kill time.

I realize this is something that could only happen after a shedload of other things are done.

BFIB

So people enjoy simming this game. I watched a tourney today & enjoyed it. Itd be great if there could be a mobile type of this game. Id buy it not for playing but simming. (though with a bluetooth controller id consider it). Have it sync with your saves and workshop subscriptions... Could be a good way to kill time.

I realize this is something that could only happen after a shedload of other things are done.

My main hope:

a Switch port.

Unicorn

Another question that's probably been addressed - why does this look so bad graphically. I watched a video that showed all the previous games and some installments looked a lot better.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
How can you tell during the match that it's going toward 100%? I only ever see that information after the match is over.

I guess it's tied to how loudly the crowd is cheering and if they pop after certain moves. Although during a sim Barbed Wire Deathmatch, this was happening and it ended up being rated 50%.

shaowebb

Okay, got a decent Spiderman now. Has a lower stance to be more like the comic, eyes have the black outline unlock the clones in the shop currently, has a more detailed spider shape, and has a ton of agile looking stuff unlike the ones in the workshop currently.

0RbxYo0.jpg

Here's my workshop's links for those that like my Ironfist and Spiderman

Fun stuff. I'll have to make Spidey outfit alts later for this. I'm a big fan of old school Scarlet Spider in the hoodie. I'll hafta try to add that alt.

Santar

Such a shame about the netcode in this. I mean I'm not much of a online gamer at all but still it really does suck that you have to re-learn the timing in every match.
Only one of the matches I've played even resembled offline when it came to timing.
I'm actually a little worried that playing online will mess up my offline timing.

And the lobby freezing has to be fixed too, I couldn't use Vinny Caravella online or the game would freeze it seemed.
And of course this game, like every other fighting game has lots of quiters, who at the first sign of trouble just leave. Why even bother playing if you can't handle loosing?

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Even kicking out of two tombstone piledrivers and hulking up 3 times, Hulk Hogan still fell to the Undertaker. The finishing sequence to this match was pretty awesome.

6260E768D0FA802A420560AD458A1554E80E31E1

how the hell do you use created characterS?

I spent time creating characters but I am unable to figure how to select them in exhibition or anything

Top Bottom