• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
100 to 150 a day.

Almost no processed carbohydrates. My diet consists of these foods mainly:

-Tofu
-Chicken Breast
-Salmon
-Brocolli
-Salad Mix
-Grape Tomatoes
-Asparagus
-Onions
-Brussels Sprouts
-Feta Cheese
-Olive Oil
-Avocados

Sometimes i will make apple carrot juice. Once every 2 days. 1 apple and 2 carrot stalks.

It's consistent on a weekly basis because these are the only things I buy from costco and I cook most of my meals.

Every now and then I will throw in some brown rice or whole wheat pasta. Maybe once or twice a week. I do not buy snack foods, bread or use white sugar. Do not drink sugary drinks.

Heres a pretty much standard bi-weekly grocery run

Bloody hell, that's one of the cleanest diets I have seen. In case you really don't overindulge, which is kinda hard anyway with food that clean, your weight should come flying off man.

I am a bit at loss here. Try increasing cardio and dropping proportions a bit, and see a doctor/nutritionist if it still doesn't budge.

Also, I would up that protein to 200g / day.

The most challenging thing when it comes to diet and lifestyle is drinking. I live in NYC where the only thing to do at night is drink and eat. When the weather gets good and you go to a club, its near impossible to not drink. I can go to a bar and be fine without drinking, but once I go to a club the vodka just pours.

As a Londoner, all I can say is I share your pain mate. I have now a rule that I drink max on two days a week, and only one of them can have beer. Carb Nite right?

blackflag

Cardio is definitely not needed. I think it is more important the leaner you get since you don't want to keep dropping calories at some point you'll want to offset with cardio.

Cardio is definitely not needed. I think it is more important the leaner you get since you don't want to keep dropping calories at some point you'll want to offset with cardio.

Depends on what your goals are. If you want abs than cardio is very helpful is getting from 12%-7%. Cardio+Diet=6 pack

blackflag

Depends on what your goals are. If you want abs than cardio is very helpful is getting from 12%-7%. Cardio+Diet=6 pack

lol you should be seeing abs at 12% if you lift properly. No cardio needed but yes, trying to get below 10%, you probably going to need it.

I'm moreso talking about people with higher bodyfat though, that's why I said it gets more important the lower your bf is.

lol you should be seeing abs at 12% if you lift properly. No cardio needed but yes, trying to get below 10%, you probably going to need it.

I'm moreso talking about people with higher bodyfat though, that's why I said it gets more important the lower your bf is.

Yeah your right.

andycapps

Jogging at a steady aerobic pace. Walking is steady but its not nearly as effective as jogging.

I'm sure that's so, but I find jogging a bit too hard on my joints. I would ride my bike more, but I'm worried it's going to hurt my squats too much.

100 to 150 a day.

Almost no processed carbohydrates. My diet consists of these foods mainly:

-Tofu
-Chicken Breast
-Salmon
-Brocolli
-Salad Mix
-Grape Tomatoes
-Asparagus
-Onions
-Brussels Sprouts
-Feta Cheese
-Olive Oil
-Avocados

Sometimes i will make apple carrot juice. Once every 2 days. 1 apple and 2 carrot stalks.

It's consistent on a weekly basis because these are the only things I buy from costco and I cook most of my meals.

Every now and then I will throw in some brown rice or whole wheat pasta. Maybe once or twice a week. I do not buy snack foods, bread or use white sugar. Do not drink sugary drinks.

Heres a pretty much standard bi-weekly grocery run

Are you seeing any differences in measurements? And are you seeing growth in your workouts? Are you stronger now than when you started? If you're seeing growth in other areas other than your scale, I'd be happy with it and know that eventually the scale will catch up. It takes some people longer than others.

Maybe you need to have a cheat day and go completely nuts on calories and carbs. Your body may have adapted so much to what you're eating now that it's adjusted it's maintenance to what you're feeding it daily.

abuC

I'm sure that's so, but I find jogging a bit too hard on my joints. I would ride my bike more, but I'm worried it's going to hurt my squats too much.

Find a parking lot, put your car in neutral and push it 5x100m two times a week. Your legs will get bigger, your joints won't take a pounding and you will burn fat by the truck load, plus you'll look like a beast doing it.

f'ing diet mountain dew. have it every day with my post workout meal.

delicious....

once I hit 12%, imma stop the cutting and go into a lean bulk. That being said, I feel better now at 231 than I did at 240. Dat fat loss.

Szu

What would you do if someone unracked 315 as if to shrug, then proceeded to nod their head up and down for ten reps? Then they put on two more plates and did it again, then left the whole setup for someone else to clean off? What is this I don't even

I've had to clean that off the front (!) of the power rack twice before and I could not figure what could possibly be accomplished with that setup. The answer is nothing, nothing at all.

Definition of douchehole.

andycapps

Find a parking lot, put your car in neutral and push it 5x100m two times a week. Your legs will get bigger, your joints won't take a pounding and you will burn fat by the truck load, plus you'll look like a beast doing it.

I should really give this a try sometime. Do you do that on the same day you lift?

blackflag

f'ing diet mountain dew. have it every day with my post workout meal.

delicious....

once I hit 12%, imma stop the cutting and go into a lean bulk. That being said, I feel better now at 231 than I did at 240. Dat fat loss.

Damn you dropping quick. I'm gonna start another cut once I get back from a week long party/conference in SF at the beginning of June.

225 @10% here I come.

Cut until September then bulk like a madman.

abuC

I should really give this a try sometime. Do you do that on the same day you lift?

I space it out so that it's never within 48 hours of legs, but it almost always follows a upper body power day.

It's a great total body workout, it really hits your glutes & quads hard. I try to get low and push it while almost being parallel to the ground, if you can do it on an empty stomach even better.

Imm0rt4l

Would never even consider it though if I had to pct. I've heard that makes you depressed plus losing your gains. It's gotta be frustrating.
I only just learned this recently through jason blaha. Seems like you have to be in it for the long haul otherwise suffer some consequences. I don't want to be dependent at a young age. It's no wonder people get stuck in the steroid vortex, you're at an all time high and then crash so it's natural to want to feel like superman again. Jason's philosophy seems to be more anti recreational, and only for those serious about their gains. Personally I want to hit a 600lb deadlift, and I want to reach this goal through my own volition.

grumble

Would never even consider it though if I had to pct. I've heard that makes you depressed plus losing your gains. It's gotta be frustrating.

Even if you don't want to PCT, you have to weigh the damage it's doing to your body too. Having no hair, high cholesterol and a prostate the size of a grapefruit (among others) seems like a significant price to pay for a hobby. Then again, it's not that different from people who do extreme sports for fun; you're bound to get banged up.

I only just learned this recently through jason blaha. Seems like you have to be in it for the long haul otherwise suffer some consequences. I don't want to be dependent at a young age. It's no wonder people get stuck in the steroid vortex, you're at an all time high and then crash. His philosophy seems to be more anti recreational, and only for those serious about their gains. Personally I want to hit a 600lb deadlift, and I want to reach this goal through my own volition.

The fact that you lose your gains once you cycle off would be the most depressing thing for me. I say that impacts me more than any other health side effect. Prolly my #1 reason why I would stay away.

Okay, need some advice (again). I'm looking to add BCAA to my supp stack. But I'm pretty confused on what I should be looking for. What makes a good BCAA supp? Abd what's the difference between a product labeled BCAA and just Amino?

Cudder

Weighed in at 205 this morning, which is officially the lightest I've been since I started lifting 2 years ago. 10lbs lost so far on my cut, and all of my lifts are still going up. Let's keep this going..

andycapps

I space it out so that it's never within 48 hours of legs, but it almost always follows a upper body power day.

It's a great total body workout, it really hits your glutes & quads hard. I try to get low and push it while almost being parallel to the ground, if you can do it on an empty stomach even better.

Problem is that I'm doing SS, they don't really recommend any cardio on that, but some walking seems to not affect my gains. If I did this, I'd have to do it on an off weak or instead of my workout one day. Or on an off weak as my "rest" I could do this, lol.

blackflag

Even if you don't want to PCT, you have to weigh the damage it's doing to your body too. Having no hair, high cholesterol and a prostate the size of a grapefruit (among others) seems like a significant price to pay for a hobby. Then again, it's not that different from people who do extreme sports for fun; you're bound to get banged up.

Yeah the problem is people jump on that shit without weighing the risks or getting tests done.

hair loss only happens if you have the male pattern baldness gene.

Anyone who really wants to do that though needs to get full hormone, comprehensive blood panel, cholesterol, and PSA checked but no one but probably the professional athletes do that.

It is required for me every few months anyway.

My total cholesterol is only 98 actually below the "healthy range"

With me at 12% I can see them. Sub 10% than they are full blown poppin out.

Damn you dropping quick. I'm gonna start another cut once I get back from a week long party/conference in SF at the beginning of June.

225 @10% here I come.

Cut until September then bulk like a madman.

I just want to do a slow bulk. I will be a bit more relaxed with choices but just eat smarter. No more bowls of Frosted Toast Crunch and a plate of Eggos at 1 am.

With me at 12% I can see them. Sub 10% than they are full blown poppin out.

I am just not dedicated enough to drop down to 10 and below =/

mad props for people who can.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've been consciously having more cheat days because I don't want to go below where I'm at now which you guys say is 12 percent. What is the draw of being below ten? Seems like more work than it's worth and you are most likely going to lose strength.

abuC

I've been consciously having more cheat days because I don't want to go below where I'm at now which you guys say is 12 percent. What is the draw of being below ten? Seems like more work than it's worth and you are most likely going to lose strength.

Beats me, I'm not willing to sacrifice enough muscle to get down under 10 when I look bigger and still have abs at 12-14%.

Tahoe City Chocolates!

OHHH MAN!
Those truffles and peanut brittle. Damn I won't be able to stop thinking about it now.

The only thing nice about 10% is of course definition but I never normally go this low. Its only because I have to incorporate a lot of running for this competition that I am dropping.

Petrie

Banned
Count me in the 10-12% range. I'm 173lbs or so now at 5'10 and guessing I'm at around 12-14% now, still need to drop a bit more to get my abs to show some, but anything beyond that isn't worth the losses at all.

Are you not getting enough protein? If you are, BCAA aren't very useful.

They can help if you are working out fasted.

Nope, Im not. Despite the protein shakes and mass gainers, im just not eating enough. I dont have a ravaging appetite, time or funds to be preplanning my meals and/or eating every four hours.

grumble

Nope, Im not. Despite the protein shakes and mass gainers, im just not eating enough. I dont have a ravaging appetite, time or funds to be preplanning my meals and/or eating every four hours.

Can you drink milk? Drink milk if your protein and calories are both a bit low, it's convenient, cheap and nutritious. The mass gainer stuff isn't great, it's usually ground up starch mostly.

What you should do is ladder it up, by increasing calories a little each day. Worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom