• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Labadal

Finally got to see the whole game from the actual kick off. We looked so bad in the first half. I don't even know what to say. When Suso got subbed, once again, I didn't know what to say. Luckily, Brendan did good and it actually helped. Despite a few missed shots, Hendo put in a decent performance. I'd like to see him get more games behind the striker. He moved into positions and looked like he really wanted to show the coach he can be an asset.

I was not a big fan of Jose Enrique as a winger, but he got a goal and an assist. It's better he plays in that position rather then doing something stupid in the back four. He's not good at dribbling and he doesn't have many great passes (yes, the assisst was great), but he is pacey and strong. If we get an actual winger with his positive traits, and who can also dribble and pass, that'll help Suarez and Sterling.

Sterling had a very good second half. He needs to challenge defenders more often. I know he's young, but he's quick and has okay technique. Hope he can keep his good form going.

Suarez was like many times this season our savior. Despite some unbelievable misses this season, he's scored 10 goals. The goal he scored from Sterling's pass was a really good finish. I thought for sure that the pass wasn't good enough, but he managed to put it in the net.
He should've been booked today, but like usual, refs are not on top of things.

I'll keep my hopes of a 6th place when the season is over.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
WTF I went to sleep and Napoli tied

rachelmcadams.gif

Bo-Locks

Alan Davis mentioned on The Tuesday Club that he has a friend who's spoken to Brian Marwood and he has said that if they bring in FFP rules and try and take action against Manchester City, they'll hire the best lawyers they can find and drag them through the courts.

Well, that's to be expected. But FIFA and UEFA are effectively God in their respective domains. They're untouchable
except from Fergie who has UEFA in his back pocket
, even with City's oil money. UEFA have already ignored CAS rulings in the past, so there is no reason to believe they wouldn't do the same again. Good luck with that, City.

Götze is like the best player ever. And what a comeback from Kuba, good to have him back.

Perisic? Well, when you're talking big you should be playing good, too. That was disappointing, again.

Well, that's to be expected. But FIFA and UEFA are effectively God in their respective domains. They're untouchable
except from Fergie who has UEFA in his back pocket
, even with City's oil money. UEFA have already ignored CAS rulings in the past, so there is no reason to believe they wouldn't do the same again. Good luck with that, City.

Even if there was a protracted legal case, City would be embroiled in it for the best part of 2 years if not more. That's 2 years without the CL, which would be pretty fucking funny.

Schweine is still a crybaby:

"They tried to influence the ref, to provoke. It wasn't that easy when you're getting kicked all the time. Nürnberg can't do it in another way."

Oh lol

Yen

I was not a big fan of Jose Enrique as a winger, but he got a goal and an assist. It's better he plays in that position rather then doing something stupid in the back four. He's not good at dribbling and he doesn't have many great passes (yes, the assisst was great), but he is pacey and strong. If we get an actual winger with his positive traits, and who can also dribble and pass, that'll help Suarez and Sterling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWdvi7xgCc
I think he was MOTM today.

Labadal

He was very good today, I completely agree. Easily his best performance this year. But I still think we need a quality attacking player. Either a striker (Suarez on the left) or a winger (Suarez as central attacker). I hope Borini can come back and do better, but I don't want to see him on the wings.

Edit: I was not about him being on the wing when I read the line ups before the game.

Okay I'm over it.

1 point behind, through in the CL.

No worries. Seasons still going better than expected.

Brownies nearly done. Good times.

Feorax

Enrique was great on the left of the front 3. He could be a potential solution to our problems up front until Jauary at least.

He can outrun and outmuscle most defenders, and can pick out a great pass. That makes a massive difference to what we have available at the moment, which is very tricky, but somewhat slight attackers.

Yen

Clegg, how was the rugby? I was going to watch it but saw it was more or less Ireland B. I watched Fargo instead.

Wilbur

Banned
Gonna support Norwich from now on, come on you Canaries etc etc

Fuck Manure I'm glad we beat them today, another scalp to add after we beat Arsenal. Shame about that Suarez fella eh

Grant Holt 4 England

I'd love for managers to be asked for an all-time 11. It would be interesting to see if they'd go for the best 11 players for a real team, or if they'd pick 11 superstars and shoehorn them in

Wilbur

Banned
I'd love for managers to be asked for an all-time 11. It would be interesting to see if they'd go for the best 11 players for a real team, or if they'd pick 11 superstars and shoehorn them in

Ruddy, Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido, Snodgrass, Tettey, Hoolahan, Johnson, Pilkington, Holt

Top Bottom