• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Messi

Guys, my cat Lionel is hurt/sick :(. I just came home and found him unable to walk very far without being in pain. He is drooling on the ground and he can't seem to meow. I am very worried. I brought him to the vet but he wont be there until 6. He is in his basket in a blanket. :(

I have no idea what is wrong with him.

Wilbur

Banned
Fresh Meat is fantastic; last season was great as well.

I don't think Simon Inbetweeners can act at all but Whitehall is really good. Welsh girl and black girl are also good. And I like Scottish one.

Really liked Skins S1, watched until I think S3 or 4, definitely declined in quality but I still enjoyed it.

Yeah Season 1 was great and season 2 was also good, although not quite up to season 1 imo. The new cast just sucked ass though in season 3 and the season 5 cast while being slightly better, is still kind of bad compared to the original. Most of the characters were kind of assholes and dumb, but couldn't help but like them anyway.

Meier

Supposedly City are looking to buy Alen Halilovic from Dinamo Zagreb. He broke Mateo Kovacic's (FM players know him) record for youngest ever goalscorer in the Croatian league recently as well as setting Dinamo's record for youngest ever player. Not even 16.5 years old.

Guys, my cat Lionel is hurt/sick :(. I just came home and found him unable to walk very far without being in pain. He is drooling on the ground and he can't seem to meow. I am very worried. I brought him to the vet but he wont be there until 6. He is in his basket in a blanket. :(

:(

Hope it's not too serious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like this picture, for two reasons.

8L1mO.png

Slizz

Maybe go to an ER vet that is already in? Thats what I did with my cat when he was feeling sick, called up a 24 hr vet and the guy came to the house.

faridmon

Alex Meier!!!!! Him and Inui are tearing Bundesliga apart these days.

Que for Dortmund bid

Hope your cat is OK, Messi. I just hate Cats who are unfourtanate....

Meier

:( I'm sorry to hear that -- I hope he's okay! Losing a pet is the worst, they're such great companions.

Our kitty passed away the night before we were set to drive to Austin (so just about 2 years ago on the nose). It was quite traumatic for my fiancee as she'd had her for a long time although Tia was still relatively young (~10 years old). We came home from dinner and she had died at some point in the few hours we were out.

There's been a couple of times where my cat has been really deeply asleep, and you couldn't tell that she was breathing. I've been absolutely distraught both times

Hope your cat gets better soon Messi :)

(Reuters) - The world's richest man, Carlos Slim, is set to become the top shareholder in troubled Spanish soccer team Real Oviedo after investing 2 million euros ($2.4 million) in the club, his third known sports acquisition so far this year.

Real Oviedo, once a top team, has gradually lost its lustre amid deep financial and labour troubles. They last played in the top flight in 2001 and are now down in the regional Segunda B (third tier) and are currently fourth, five points behind leaders Tenerife.

Many individual investors have responded to the club's appeal for cash in recent weeks. Real Madrid club invested earlier this month some $127,100 to help its Asturian rival keep afloat.

"We are at around 35 percent (stake) which makes us, by far, the top holder," Slim's spokesman and chief aide Arturo Elias Ayub told Reuters on Saturday.

He said additional investments in the Spanish team were being received until midnight Saturday.

The investment in the Real Oviedo was made via Slim's privately held Inmobiliaria Carso.

The team "has a lot of qualities, has an impressive history, a strong following," Elias Ayub added. "More than a business investment, it was a personal investment (for Slim), a support to the team's fans."

(...)
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/11/17/uk-soccer-oviedo-slim-idUKBRE8AG0EY20121117

The next Sheikh/Oligarch club?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma - Torino tonight. Should be fun.

Torino are undefeated away from home and Roma are complete shit at home.

$69,000,000,000

Fuck me...

Hmm. Looks like he actually earned his money from the bottom, and does a lot for charity, museums and the like. He's okay by me then :p

Yeah, I guess he's legit, but I'd rather not have investors (with a majority/controlling stake) at all, in football. It destroys the competition and should be prohibited.

FootballFan

Fresh Meat seems okay. Jack Whitehall's character looks pretty good, although the Scottish guy's body and facial movements get on my nerves

:lol Howard is so damn lost. Fresh Meat is great imo.

I like this picture, for two reasons.

8L1mO.png

Messi already has 17 goals? :eek: Where is Bendtner :(

If I remember correctly, a lot of the good Spanish players now came from Real Oviedos team.

edit
Just Wiki'd it, seems Cazorla, Michu, Mata and some others were all part of Real Oviedo

elsk

Banned
$69,000,000,000

Fuck me...

Hmm. Looks like he actually earned his money from the bottom, and does a lot for charity, museums and the like. He's okay by me then :p

It's legal as paying barely any money to his employees in third world countries, while he gets 95% of the money the companies make. Fuck him.

Timurid

Yeah, I guess he's legit, but I'd rather not have investors (with a majority/controlling stake) at all, in football. It destroys the competition and should be prohibited.

Well, the dude is a monopolist. lol

Toro are going to win today!!! Toro are very strong away and Ogbonna is back. The only guy I'm worried about is Lamela, but i still think we can grab the three points today. Hopefully, Diop and Verdi get some game time today too after we secure a comfortable lead. hehe

D_prOdigy

Rooney, RVP, Rio, and Evra have all been left out of the squad for United's CL game.

SAF probably thinks sending the kids to Galatasary will psychologically develop them more than anything else.

Macheda's in but no Bebé. The fuck is going on with him.

Clegg

SAF probably thinks sending the kids to Galatasary will psychologically develop them more than anything else.

Macheda's in but no Bebé. The fuck is going on with him.

Petrucci is in the squad and so is Powell.

I hope at least one of them gets some time on the pitch.

Top Bottom